PDA

View Full Version : Do the people who make Tomb Raider hate blondes?

buckmana
18-04-06, 12:01
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/images/tombraiderlegend_amanda_evert_001/smallscreen7.jpg
With the appearance of Amanda in Tomb Raider 7, I started to wonder about this fact.

Let's run the scoreboard:

Natla, blonde.
Sophia Leigh, blonde.
And finally, Amanda, blonde.

Lara is brunette.

Are they saying blondes are evil?

Janny
18-04-06, 12:04
I think they made Sophia and Natla blond because they wanted to create some diversity; plus, Sophia looked almost identical to Lara, so she needed a different hair color.

Not sure about Amanda though...

Jack Croft
18-04-06, 12:06
Bolnde make her look mor epale as she was meant to die you get my point?

Mona Sax
18-04-06, 12:32
It's just for contrast, I think.

Jacob x5
18-04-06, 12:53
They're not saying blondes are evil. It's kind of pathetic to notice something like that. I honestly don't think hair colour was on their minds.

Lavinder
18-04-06, 13:25
I remember a thread exactly like this when we first found out about Amanda. Striking how much the layout is the same.

I don't think they hate blondes. Coincidence?

Pipolinne
18-04-06, 14:33
I think they are "following " a tradition who points blonde as somehow mischievous,though sexy women/men.

Quite sincerly, I wouldn't mind having some more blond vilains :jmp:!

Belfastard
18-04-06, 14:39
They're not saying blondes are evil. It's kind of pathetic to notice something like that. I honestly don't think hair colour was on their minds.

Do you sit at your computer all day, on this forum, insulting random people?

Pipolinne
18-04-06, 14:48
Please,people,let's not transform this into a copy of the "smoking thread".

If you want to argue, create an" open argument thread" :rolleyes:!

Paperdoll
18-04-06, 14:50
Please,people,let's not transform this into a copy of the "smoking thread".

If you want to argue, create an" open argument thread" :rolleyes:!

better yet, keep it to pm's

Belfastard
18-04-06, 14:52
lol

:wve:

Jacob x5
18-04-06, 14:54
Do you sit at your computer all day, on this forum, insulting random people?

You can think what you like about me, but your opinion of me needs to be kept outside this forum. Don't spam threads everytime you see something posted by me. It's childish.

Belfastard
18-04-06, 14:55
You can think what you like about me, but your opinion of me needs to be kept outside this forum. Don't spam threads everytime you see something posted by me. It's childish.

:hug:

:wve:

mau3genius
18-04-06, 15:05
It's a Tomb Raider rule.
All female enemies must have a different hair colour.
By the way, Sophia is blonde because it's the same texture as Lara, so without the make-up and the hair, it was pretty obvious :p

Jacob x5
18-04-06, 15:11
So far I've not seen any gingers. :p

Pipolinne
18-04-06, 15:20
Well,Rutland was more or less ginger,lol!

And,still concerning blonds,let's not forget Karel!

ingistefans
18-04-06, 19:31
It simple, blondes ARE evil, period... we should all join together to eliminate this threat!!!

Diference about Natla and Sofia, AND then Amanda. Amanda wasnt trying to distroy the world or anything like that, she was just trying to get to Avalon. On the other hand, Sofia and Natla were all about world dimination or distroying something:P

laracroft2122
18-04-06, 19:34
Although you are just curios I dont think this thread should be allowed. Some blondes may find this offence as it has turned into a sort of argument "Blondes good, Blondes bad?"

I think that this has went on for a bit and well....maybe it should be closed

Geck-o-Lizard
18-04-06, 19:34
They are! Blondes are evil!

I should know. I'm the only non-blonde in my group of friends. They're all evil. >_>

laracroft2122
18-04-06, 19:36
They are! Blondes are evil!

I should know. I'm the only non-blonde in my group of friends. They're all evil. >_>

Geck-O-Lizard...of all people...I know thousands of blondes and they are all nice to me.

Geck-o-Lizard
18-04-06, 19:43
I know, I was being ironic. They wouldn't be my friends if they weren't nice to me. :D

laracroft2122
18-04-06, 19:46
I know, I was being ironic. They wouldn't be my friends if they weren't nice to me. :D

:D

Natla'd
18-04-06, 20:11
Redheads aren't even deemed worthy to appear in the game fullstop...v_v

buckmana
19-04-06, 10:35
I don't think blondes are evil. I was just wondering if the Tomb Raider people thought so.

In my Tomb Raider levels (level editor), I gave Lara a blonde friend. But, now that it's been mentioned, it guess it is done for contrast. Something to mark them apart from Lara. I guess that why I chose that hair color for my character.

Lara appears to have some red in her hair, although it appears to be fairly dark. Does that count?