PDA

View Full Version : Madonna set to Annoy The Church Again This Year...

scion05
18-04-06, 12:17
taken from Madonna Village!

Madonna's tour to feature disco crucifix
London, April 18 (IANS) Pop singer Madonna is having a huge disco crucifix made as one of the centrepieces for her upcoming tour.

According to contactmusic.com, Madonna in the past has raised controversy for her use of religious images and now plans to shock again with the flashing cross.

A source says she will descend onto the stage on the disco-ball crucifix, covered with diamonds and Swarovski crystals. The ball supposedly costs $10 million and is being created in a well-guarded airplane hanger in Los Angeles for her tour.

The source says: 'It'll create a blinding light, like she is landing on the spaceship from E.T.'

http://www.dailyindia.com/show/1828..._disco_crucifix (http://www.dailyindia.com/show/1828..._disco_crucifix)

hehe cant wait to see about that in the papers lol

Jack Croft
18-04-06, 12:18
Lol amazing i love maddona:D

Ampersand
18-04-06, 12:19
Attention-seeking... :pi:

Jack Croft
18-04-06, 12:19

Maybe......Maybe Not.....

Ampersand
18-04-06, 12:21
Maybe......Maybe Not.....

Well, maybe a glitzy, flashing crucifix isn't attention-seeking in the eyes of some. :p :D

scion05
18-04-06, 12:21
Hmmm.... i wonder if she'll set it on fire....

itd be like 1989 all over again.... only DISCOFIED :whi:

Belfastard
18-04-06, 14:44

Even though I like Madonna, IMO, I have to agree. I think she's doing it just for the whole shock factor. She wants to stay in the lime light for as long as possible, and doing something like this will probably end up keeping her there.

Jacob x5
18-04-06, 14:57
It is just attention seeking really. I'm not sure if she realises what kind of attention she'll be getting. Some people aren't going to like this. They didn't last time. Madonna doesn't half do some strange things.

scion05
18-04-06, 15:17
It is just attention seeking really. I'm not sure if she realises what kind of attention she'll be getting. Some people aren't going to like this. They didn't last time. Madonna doesn't half do some strange things.

yup but think of album sales rocketing..

in the late 80's when she got her video banned in
italy, it GOT LOTS OF SALES... plus itd make a change
as she hasnt done anything controversial lately....
maybe she'll release the sex book 2 or summat lol

Paperdoll
18-04-06, 15:20
Nah...she's a mommy now. Unless she wants to release a children's sex-ed book :p

scion05
18-04-06, 15:25
lol this explains her less controversial ways...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2BbrhJ1llg&search=french%20madonna%20saunders

Paperdoll
18-04-06, 15:37
LMAO :vlol:

Thorn
18-04-06, 15:40
10 million... so that's what she blew all her career money on... :p

scion05
18-04-06, 15:43
10 million... so that's what she blew all her career money on... :p

i hear thats a bit of a fake.... afterall old esters
a cheapskate and does everything cheap
as the whole tour budget is 1.5 mil and shes gonna make 200 off
it estimated :p

BlackGrey
18-04-06, 16:19
AT 10$ million i agree with ampersand its attention seeking...

Forwen
18-04-06, 16:41
I don't get you. Celebrity world is absolutely not my thing, but I thought the so-called attention-seeking is one of the most prominent traits of show business - and it's hard to argue with the fact that Madonna is one of its icons. No attention-seeking means no show business. And here you are, reacting like it's a negative phenomenon? :confused:

Besides, it's Madonna. You could argue about how proffesional are "flaming crosses" if it was some goth kiddo, but Madonna being one of pop music patrons is simply allowed to do more and get away with it. She's the one who sets standards.

TombRaiderLover
18-04-06, 16:42
Madonna is no stranger to controversy.

GodOfLight
18-04-06, 17:49
i think madonna could care less....

it's still funny though