Zip
19-04-06, 11:34
Ahhhhhhhhh nighmares big scary crushing cat

Tomb Raider Master
19-04-06, 12:07
Awful. :(

Greenkey2
19-04-06, 19:43
:( That's not good.....just not good. Nobody likes a flabby pussy (sorry, quote from book I've read; couldn't resist :p)

Dazzy
19-04-06, 20:26
Poor thing, too many mice or erm birds, my cat's chase birds, mouse's.

xMiSsCrOfTx
19-04-06, 20:33
We're sure this is real? Aww, poor thing! :(

Night Crawler
19-04-06, 20:35
Nobody likes a flabby pussy ROFL!

Jacob x5
19-04-06, 20:51
Nobody likes a flabby pussy

:vlol:

JACOBryanBURNS
19-04-06, 21:01
Not how I'd like any of my cats to look but I think he's adorable.

ELEN
19-04-06, 21:17
First of all, this cat is not fat as you probably think. Home cats (pets) are usually fat because of the food. Second, their hair also misleads. Finally, the angle that the pic was taken. If I show you my cat in the exact same position and another pic in a normal position, you won't believe that it's the same cat.

Jacob x5
19-04-06, 21:44
First of all, this cat is not fat as you probably think. Home cats (pets) are usually fat because of the food. Second, their hair also misleads. Finally, the angle that the pic was taken. If I show you my cat in the exact same position and another pic in a normal position, you won't believe that it's the same cat.

Plus it all seems to flop down when they lie in that position.

I see what you mean.

:tmb:

MelikeLara
19-04-06, 22:57
Nobody likes a flabby pussy

couldn't resist this im sorry :vlol:
mods feel free to change this if this is out of order

ELEN
19-04-06, 23:23

Exactly! And this is what I mean with my cat :D The right pic is normal, the left one is.... you know :p Awwwwwwwwww!! I love her so much :jmp: I'm going to squeeze her now :p

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e18/elen_gr/suzi.jpg

If I had taken the left pic by standing exactly above my cat, then she would have most probably looked like the cat in the first post.

RoseTyler
19-04-06, 23:26
Awww poor cat! I'm surprised my cat doesn't look like that... he never stops eating. :rolleyes:

Geck-o-Lizard
19-04-06, 23:27
Awwwwwwww! *steal's Elen's cat and snuggles it*

Jacob x5
20-04-06, 00:41

Such a cute cat. :D :hug:

Angel_14
20-04-06, 07:10
Exactly! And this is what I mean with my cat :D The right pic is normal, the left one is.... you know :p Awwwwwwwwww!! I love her so much :jmp: I'm going to squeeze her now :p

If I had taken the left pic by standing exactly above my cat, then she would have most probably looked like the cat in the first post.

aaaaww... I want a cat, NOW! :( :hug: :hug: :hug:
btw, thanks for uploading my avatar :D

Greenkey2
20-04-06, 09:47
Awwww Elen your cat if very snuggable! :hug: :hug:

I know what you mean though. One of our cats recently lost a lot of weight and now she has a flap of tummy skin and fluff that hangs down and makes her look bigger; it sort of swings back and forth when she runs. Very amusing :D

JasonDavies15
20-04-06, 09:50
:vlol:

Why do people let these cats get like that? :confused:

JasonDavies15
20-04-06, 09:52

Your cats are truly snuggable and sweet! I love cats and one day I am gonna have one! I love cats, they may just sleep all day and go outside for a wander but they are the most affectionate pets around! I love them all!

ELEN
20-04-06, 10:22
it sort of swings back and forth when she runs. Very amusing :D

Mwahahahahahhaa!!!!! I know!!!!! This is very funny :D :vlol:

Jason, this is not something bad. The cats that live in the streets do not eat much and their life condition is bad (cold, rain etc). The average that these cats live is about 7 years.

The cats that live with us, eat more and their life condition is much better. There are cats that although they eat a lot, they are very thin. However, the majority of them is what we call "fat". The average that these cats live is 13-15 years (double years) and there have been cats that have lived for 18+ years. Apart from their life condition and food, a very important reason they live so long is the love they feel and get from us.

Angel_14
20-04-06, 10:24
My grandmother had a cat, who lived for 20 years :D

JasonDavies15
20-04-06, 10:25
Jason, this is not something bad. The cats that live in the streets do not eat much and their life condition is bad (cold, rain etc). The average that these cats live is about 7 years.

The cats that live with us, eat more and their life condition is much better. There are cats that although they eat a lot, they are very thin. However, the majority of them is what we call "fat". The average that these cats live is 13-15 years (double years) and there have been cats that have lived for 18+ years. Apart from their life condition and food, a very important reason they live so long is the love they feel and get from us.

Oh I understand now. It's only because I watched a programme about fat pets, I saw a fat cat that needed to lose weight otherwise it would die. LOL! Sorry if I made it sound bad?

ELEN
20-04-06, 10:35
Oh I understand now. It's only because I watched a programme about fat pets, I saw a fat cat that needed to lose weight otherwise it would die. LOL! Sorry if I made it sound bad?

You are right. There are cases that this ends up like a disease, which is not good. Either the owner didn't pay much attention to the quantity of the food or the cat had a tendency to eat a lot (greed). There is a possibility however to be sick from the day it was born. But if you go to the vet frequently (and especially from the beginning for the usual checks), (s)he will realize whether there is a problem or not.

The cat I have now is the first one I ever had. She started getting "fat" when she was about 6 years old (she is now 10). I got worried, because I was used to the thin cats of the streets. When I took her the vet, she told me that it was completely natural, since my cat lives in a friendly environment, she doesn't run a lot and therefore she doesn't lose weight easily.

JasonDavies15
20-04-06, 10:42
You are right. There are cases that this ends up like a disease, which is not good. Either the owner didn't pay much attention to the quantity of the food or the cat had a tendency to eat a lot (greed). There is a possibility however to be sick from the day it was born. But if you go to the vet frequently (and especially from the beginning for the usual checks), (s)he will realize whether there is a problem or not.

The cat I have now is the first one I ever had. She started getting "fat" when she was about 6 years old (she is now 10). I got worried, because I was used to the thin cats of the streets. When I took her the vet, she told me that it was completely natural, since my cat lives in a friendly environment, she doesn't run a lot and therefore she doesn't lose weight easily.

Ahh right. Thanks for letting me know about that. So usually just like humans when cats get older they tend to put on weight naturally, as their metabolism ages and wears down.

The program I mention was that the cats here in Britain can sometimes be over spoilt and tend to get more food than other cats so and therefore want more food, and then the weight piles on. But the cats in the program did however start to lose weight on a new diet scheme recommended by the vets.

ELEN
20-04-06, 10:53
Ahh right. Thanks for letting me know about that. So usually just like humans when cats get older they tend to put on weight naturally, as their metabolism ages and wears down.

And not only. They are indeed like humans. The first time I heard her sneezing, I thought there was something wrong with her :D Not to mention the cough that I thought she shallowed something and it got stuck in her neck :whi: LOL!

The program I mention was that the cats here in Britain can sometimes be over spoilt and tend to get more food than other cats so and therefore want more food, and then the weight piles on. But the cats in the program did however start to lose weight on a new diet scheme recommended by the vets.

This is indeed not good. The owner has to be careful. I almost had the same problem with my cat (the vet told me when I took her for sterilization - only God knows if I said it right - you know, the operation after which the cat can't have kittens). So, I took actions immediately and my cat is now fine :hug:

JasonDavies15
20-04-06, 11:11
And not only. They are indeed like humans. The first time I heard her sneezing, I thought there was something wrong with her :D Not to mention the cough that I thought she shallowed something and it got stuck in her neck :whi: LOL!

I have heard a cat sneeze and it doesn't sound like a sneeze to me and it is worrying the first time you hear it, but they have such small noses and mouths it doesnt sound anything like a human one. LOL! I agree that is sounds like something is stuck in her neck when they do sneeze its like
regurgitating sound and it makes you worry.

This is indeed not good. The owner has to be careful. I almost had the same problem with my cat (the vet told me when I took her for sterilization - only God knows if I said it right - you know, the operation after which the cat can't have kittens). So, I took actions immediately and my cat is now fine :hug:

Ah the sooner the better the problem is sorted the happier everyone is, at the end of the day it's not really the owners fault that the cat get obese as they are only trying to be nice, and maybe be nice by feeding them good food. Cats are special pets and very affectionate and all I can say is that everytime one comes up to me and sits on my lap and purrs all I want to do is just be as affecionate back, and so feeding it with treats isn't wrong I suppose, but more like a good gesture.

Well at least you and your pets are happy thats all that matters. I think that sterilization is something that should happen if you don't want your cats to have kittens as cats when without sterilization seem to go on heat every year, and it's not fair on the cat to have multiple litters every year if they're gonna be taken away from the cat all the time. But maybe people do want cats to kittens? I wouldn't personally. :)

btw: you spelt Sterilization perfectly LOL! :D

ELEN
20-04-06, 11:44
btw: you spelt Sterilization perfectly LOL! :D

I guess I have a good dictionary :D

Sofitegan
20-04-06, 12:21
AWWW. Poor thing.