PDA

View Full Version : beckham to finish career in the usa?

stereopathic
19-04-06, 18:08
rumors continue to persist over here about the world's most popular athlete coming stateside to play his final years in the MLS. is there any talk of this on the other side of the pond or is this a story that's being fabricated by our media? to tell the truth, the overwhelming majority of sports fans here couldn't care less, but we just got a pro team here in houston and i wouldn't mind getting a chance to see the legend play before he retires.

CerebralAssassin
19-04-06, 20:02
is he still on the real madrid roster?

stereopathic
19-04-06, 21:04
yes, though he's riding the pine on sunday because of a minor rib injury.

JACOBryanBURNS
19-04-06, 21:07
rumors continue to persist over here about the world's most popular athlete coming stateside to play his final years in the MLS. is there any talk of this on the other side of the pond or is this a story that's being fabricated by our media? to tell the truth, the overwhelming majority of sports fans here couldn't care less, but we just got a pro team here in houston and i wouldn't mind getting a chance to see the legend play before he retires.

We have a team, stereo? Boy have I been left out of the loop.

stereopathic
19-04-06, 21:10
sure do, jacob. http://houston.mlsnet.com. they play at robertson stadium over at UH's main campus. it's pretty good fun. you should go sometime. especially may 6 when we get to play dallas.

xMiSsCrOfTx
19-04-06, 21:12
Ohh man! I hope he comes here, he's so hot! :D :yah:

CerebralAssassin
19-04-06, 21:13
what's his current hairstyle?sorry had to say that :vlol:

YvesSL
20-04-06, 10:53
He's saxay!

Lara Lover
20-04-06, 10:55
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

magic
20-04-06, 12:46
I've heard nothing about it over here.
It'll probably happen at some point but I think he's got a few good years left in him yet so I wouldn't hold you breath!!

gazhammer
20-04-06, 13:50
David Beckham is the most overated player in the World.:hea:

The guy has only 1 foot for a start, so cannot ever be considered a "LEGEND".

Mediocre performances for club and country are overshadowed by his following of a non-football fan base.

Ask anyone over 25 and they will tell you the same thing, "OVERATED".

Its the guys name that brings in the punters and the moolah not his football, which is all wrong, i support West Ham Utd and i can honestly say, i wouldnt put him in my first 11 and we are not exactly over-run with talent.

Not sure if your aware, but in a set piece(free kicks etc) competition, he was outclassed by players from minor leagues and more than put in his place.

Beckham fans make me want to do this.:hea: :hea: :hea: :hea: :hea: