PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever have trouble with PC or playing games on it?

illuminati30
20-04-06, 18:39
Ok I know a lot of people here like playing games on PC, but itís not for me.

I played all the TR games on PS and I like being able to just put it in and start playing.

Today I downloaded TRC from TRC doing the one hour trial. It installed fine, but I couldnít get joypad to configure, and the down button would not work in the options (my down button does work)

Then I tried to play using the keyboard. I dare say this is easy with modern games, but in an old grid based game like TR, its hell, and like a game of memory trying to remember what button does what.

Also tried to get TRLE levels working, but gave up after 6 hours!

Then I installed prince of Persia, which I have been meaning to do for ages. After waiting ages and changing disk again and again, and then getting an error message, and then not being able to play the game because of a different error message ARRGGG! I hate computers!

I am not trying to upset anyone; I know some people love their PC games and use control pads and all that jazz, I just donít have the patience for it!

Thank god for consoles, just put it in and go! What is the attraction guys? Do you need to have a degree in computing to play a game?

meansizzler
20-04-06, 19:02
I put it down to the developers, they just do not take into the account that alot of people want to use joypads for PC games, so they do not implement them into the game properly, also the other thing is that due to piracy, they use this annying CD check utilities to make sure you are using an original disk, which leads to long load times at startup and sometimes the game will not start at all..., the other problems you get are driver related sometimes the latest driver is not always the best as some games wil not run properly with them.., but I guess that's what you get if you game on PC...

Apofiss
20-04-06, 19:06
Nope, mostly no problems with PC and games. The only reason I'm slowly leaning back to PlayStation is that most of the good games comes out on PS2/3.. ehh.

Paul H
20-04-06, 22:14
I generally prefer playing games on PC but PS is much easier on the eyes. Sitting too close to the PC monitor for long periods makes my eyes go blurry.

meansizzler
20-04-06, 22:32
I generally prefer playing games on PC but PS is much easier on the eyes. Sitting too close to the PC monitor for long periods makes my eyes go blurry.

The Increase your refresh rate...

RoseTyler
20-04-06, 22:37
I'm useless at playing games on PC!

I managed to control TR Legend brilliantly though but theres not much point as I can't get the hang of shooting! :p

Greenkey2
21-04-06, 10:18
Today I downloaded TRC from TRC doing the one hour trial. It installed fine, but I couldn’t get joypad to configure, and the down button would not work in the options (my down button does work)

Then I tried to play using the keyboard. I dare say this is easy with modern games, but in an old grid based game like TR, its hell, and like a game of memory trying to remember what button does what.

I've had no problems using the keyboard for TR games on the PC. For that matter I've had very few issues getting them to run. I think it depends largly on what kind of PC setup you have, and how well you maintain it.

Legend started out being a pain to control but I got the hang of it pretty quickly - without using a gamepad.