PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Ever Been In Rehab?

YvesSL
21-04-06, 08:28
I have a question.

Seriously, NO jokes please.

Thank you.

YvesSL
21-04-06, 12:19
Anyone?!

Lara Lover
21-04-06, 12:20
Nope, Never have and Never will I hope :tmb:

SUGARPIE
21-04-06, 12:21
Sorry but where exactly do I sign up? :D

YvesSL
21-04-06, 12:21
But do you know anything about?

The steps? What you are allowed to bring etc?

SUGARPIE
21-04-06, 12:23
On a serious note (sorry couldn't resist that jibe ;) ) no I haven't been in rehab and I have every respect for those who take that step. Addiction is an illness and way too many people treat it as self-indulgence as opposed to a very serious illness.

jarhead
21-04-06, 12:23
im only 14 so rehap isnt my speciality :D

i dont think your allowed much, some do but i think the majority kinds cut you off from the rest of the world.

SUGARPIE
21-04-06, 12:24
But do you know anything about?

The steps? What you are allowed to bring etc?

I think you simply take comfortable clothes and pyjamas/toiletries et cetera. Anything one takes in is searched by my understanding.

Belfastard
21-04-06, 12:25
On a serious note (sorry couldn't resist that jibe ;) ) no I haven't been in rehab and I have every respect for those who take that step. Addiction is an illness and way too many people treat it as self-indulgence as opposed to a very serious illness.

Extremely true, Louise. :tmb: :hug:

Lavinder
21-04-06, 12:26
Nope :) I'm 14, there are many years ahead of me...

I'd think i'd be more suseptable to becoming a stalker than somone addicted to somthing :)

YvesSL
21-04-06, 12:29
No fun stuff?

Belfastard
21-04-06, 12:31
http://www.drugfree.org/Intervention/Treatment/What_Happens_in_Rehab

SUGARPIE
21-04-06, 12:32
No fun stuff?

Yes, you can take in an Axim I suppose but usually people are extremely ill initially and not up to hand-held entertainment but relatives can bring in magazines and all that stuff once the person is feeling a little better :)

YvesSL
21-04-06, 12:33
Thank you so much people! Really appreciate it!

Jacob x5
21-04-06, 13:01
Obviously not.

JACOBryanBURNS
21-04-06, 13:16
I was treated for three months in an eating disorder rehabilitation clinic back in 2004.

SUGARPIE
21-04-06, 13:20
I was treated for three months in an eating disorder rehabilitation clinic back in 2004.

This is becomming more of a problem amoung young men Jacob. I hope you have benefitted from the therapies you received and you always know that you can turn to me in moments of sheer crisis or relapse as well as sharing the odd joke with me ;)

Lo :hug:

JACOBryanBURNS
21-04-06, 13:23
This is becomming more of a problem amoung young men Jacob. I hope you have benefitted from the therapies you received and you always know that you can turn to me in moments of sheer crisis or relapse as well as sharing the odd joke with me ;)

Lo :hug:

It really is, and what's surprising/scary/shocking is that most of the people in the clinics like that don't know they're doing anything wrong until it's gotten that bad. I certainly didn't. I certainly did benefit from my time there. In fact, I could afford to lose a few pounds right now!:D But thank you for your kindness and know that always, if I need someone to talk to, I shall search you out. :hug:

Lara Lover
21-04-06, 13:25

Why was that? :confused:

JACOBryanBURNS
21-04-06, 13:28
Why was that? :confused:

Because I had an eating disorder.....:confused:

Lara Lover
21-04-06, 13:29
Because I had an eating disorder.....:confused:

Yes I know, But, I'm abit confused. Eating disorder is when you don't eat? :confused:

JACOBryanBURNS
21-04-06, 13:32
Yes I know, But, I'm abit confused. Eating disorder is when you don't eat? :confused:

Better known as anorexia, yes. That's one eating disorder. Another common one is Bulemia. In which you throw up the things you eat. Or reverse Bulemia where you take laxitive to ensure the food doesn't settle over much. (EW.)

Lara Lover
21-04-06, 13:52
Ah, Well, I don't eat much. I'm very picky with food. I mean, I hardly eat a thing. I'm as light as a feather ;)

:tmb:

Lavinder
21-04-06, 13:54
I use to not eat at all but now I eat too much :o and it really upsets me :o

JACOBryanBURNS
21-04-06, 13:55
Ah, Well, I don't eat much. I'm very picky with food. I mean, I hardly eat a thing. I'm as light as a feather ;)

:tmb:

Um, as long as you're on a healthy level with it. I hardly advise advertising that like it could be a good thing. I said that once only to discover being five foot ten and one hundred and ten pounds isn't so healthy...

Lara Lover
21-04-06, 13:56
I'm not a healthy eater either. I can't remember the last time I ate a piece of fruit or vegetables. It's scary.

Lavinder - It makes me upset too :(

Lavinder
21-04-06, 13:58
I'm not a healthy eater either. I can't remember the last time I ate a piece of fruit or vegetables. It's scary.

Lavinder - It makes me upset too :(

The really scary thing is that I never eat all my easter eggs. And I did this year :hea:

scion05
21-04-06, 14:00
The really scary thing is that I never eat all my easter eggs. And I did this year :hea:

dont worry laura :)

im sure your fine...

CerebralAssassin
21-04-06, 17:15
ahhh..the benefits of caffeine..always curbs the appetite..at least for me...

gazhammer
21-04-06, 17:29
I havent been in re-hab, but i'm an alchoholic(sober 18 months 500+ days), so i can certainly empathise, let me know if theres anything i can do?.

Thorn
21-04-06, 17:58
They let you bring clothes and hygene products. Even makeup and other things usually.

JasonDavies15
21-04-06, 19:00
My mum, who I love so much, has been admitted to rehab today for her alcohol problem. Of course I haven't been to a rehab, but my mum is under detoxication in a hospital. She has lost alot of weight and very, very tired and ill. I hope my mum gets better, in the mean time all I can do is be by her side, and have my other family members be with her also.

gazhammer
21-04-06, 19:04
My mum, who I love so much, has been admitted to rehab today for her alcohol problem. Of course I haven't been to a rehab, but my mum is under detoxication in a hospital. She has lost alot of weight and very, very tired and ill. I hope my mum gets better, in the mean time all I can do is be by her side, and have my other family members be with her also.

I wish you all the best, stay strong!.

JasonDavies15
21-04-06, 19:20
I wish you all the best, stay strong!.

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am gonna keep my head up for her and for everyone else. :)

YvesSL
21-04-06, 19:44
I was treated for three months in an eating disorder rehabilitation clinic back in 2004. What were the steps if you don't mind me asking?