PDA

View Full Version : What's your perfect TR game!

Tomb Raider Jay
21-04-06, 15:01
I have decided to create this thread to get everyones creative juices flowing and to let us share our opinions on their perfect TR :D

My idea is simmilar to other peoples on this forum.

Lara would be stranded on this tropical island, the one from LOST. The island is roughly the size of Kameos Badlands and is filled with dangerous routes going off in different directions through the jungle, around the shore line and across valleys of long grasses and shrubs, however from the second the game starts YOU the player are completely incharge of how the game progresses, which parts of the island Lara visits, what possible solutions there are to the puzzles whether it be using objects around Lara to solve them or using her gear. Each route wouldn't be a clear path but littered with multiple ways for you to choose from with traps like ancient booby and hidden death traps, things like rivenes to swing over, falling floors that don't always lead to death but sometimes to secrets,flooded or underwater sections, hidden rolling death balls to avoid as well as trip wires that activate other nasty surprises! :D

The shore line for example would be a long white sandy beach heading far off into the distance comlplete with rocks, washed up seaweed, grassy edges as you approch the jungle and caves for Lara to explore. I mean lots of caves, some of which could be accessible by land while others only through swimming in the ocean! here there would be some secret items! :)
If you swim in the ocean there would be fish, eels, coral reefs, underwater ruins, a gentle laping of the waves on the surface, fabulous bubble particle effects to really give the impression of depth, sun gilttering on the surface and of course sharks! so it gives you that sense of fear like in TR2!
You could spend ages diving through the reefs or ruins searching for secrets and clues at your own pace.

Or why not head into the jungle where Lara could explore the many different routes ahead. Here there would be paths leading off in every direction, however there would be enough distinction so you wouldn't go round in circles.
Different paths lead off to new destinations all around the island, these would be "sites" if you like include tombs, ruins, an ancient tribal camp, maybe some mountain caves, underground tunnels that you could discover, waterfall spring, swamp and other areas.

In these areas there would be puzzles and ancient riddles to solve useing a combination of items found (you don't have to use certain items its an optional puzzle style), Laras gear and just trying out different solutions to these puzzles. They would incorparate air, light, darkness, water, ice and fire into the puzzles and each would be different from the last.

We could discover clues and piece the story together rather than have it pre-written before us. Cutscenes happen when Lara finds something, solves puzzles or comes into contact with the island other inhabitors. Talking of which dinosaurs would make a come back as would wolves, tigers, bats and anything else in TR1. (there would be other enemys too but I can't say anything more)

The story could be anything really like she crashed on the island or she was traveling somewhere else when the ship she was on capsized and now Laras stranded. Then there would be a mystery to solve, an evil cult could be the key to unlocking the islands secret and perhaps an old enemy could be involved! :D (I made this story up in an english essay and I got an A)

So there is my perfect TR game I know there are still tons of plot holes and gameplay details but this is the type of Tomb Raider I would LOVE :D

What do you think?

Please post your perfect TR game so we can share our opinions :)

Thanks Tomb Raider jay :tea:

Anubis_AF
21-04-06, 15:04
This belongs to General Chat. Moved :wve:

jarhead
21-04-06, 15:07
excellent, i love the location and idea of loads of routes.

i would have to say i would make my version a little darker. along the lines of lara accidentaly killing amanda after she met up with her mum.

Tomb Raider Jay
21-04-06, 15:07
Sorry I didn't know :-(

Lara Croft!
21-04-06, 15:08
You should contact Eidos!!!!!!!!I like your ideas.Esp.about the caves and how we will piece the story together ourselves....:) :) :)

TombRaiderLover
21-04-06, 15:08
That would be a brilliant idea! Great feel of freedom, like GTA!

Anubis_AF
21-04-06, 15:10
Sorry I didn't know :-(

Don't worry about it :)

I love your ideas :tmb: Especially this part:
Or why not head into the jungle where Lara could explore the many different routes ahead. Here there would be paths leading off in every direction, however there would be enough distinction so you wouldn't go round in circles.
Different paths lead off to new destinations all around the island, these would be "sites" if you like include tombs, ruins, an ancient tribal camp, maybe some mountain caves, underground tunnels that you could discover, waterfall spring, swamp and other areas.

Tomb Raider Jay
21-04-06, 15:14
Well I thought it would be cool if Lara had a camera on her so taking pics of any suspicious goings on of the cult or collecting evidence or something, I need more time to work on the fine details but any I ideas would be helpful :-)
I think the caves would be pretty big with some chambers above and below sea level giving Lara lots of places to explore!
Thanks I am glad you liked it but whats your perfect TR?

interstellardave
21-04-06, 15:35
Yeah these are all good ideas! I've wanted this style Tomb Raider ever since the AOD debacle... in the GTA world it's a no-brainer, IMO. This concept gets better and better as people keep adding ideas and layers of detail to it. :tmb:

Tomb Raider Jay
21-04-06, 15:36
Does anyone know where I can post this so Eidos or Crystal might see it?
People wanted TR to be more like POP and now it is so you never know they might take some of my ideas onboard! :-)

interstellardave
21-04-06, 15:39
Does anyone know where I can post this so Eidos or Crystal might see it?
People wanted TR to be more like POP and now it is so you never know they might take some of my ideas onboard! :-)

They can see it right here... although it's awesome it probably isn't what they have in mind now. This should happen someday though, it's too good!

Tomb Raider Jay
21-04-06, 15:41
Thanks Interstellerdave, many people see to like the idea of a free roaming TR game but we need the attention of Eidos and Crystal to make it happen :-)

Anubis_AF
21-04-06, 15:56
Well I thought it would be cool if Lara had a camera on her so taking pics of any suspicious goings on of the cult or collecting evidence or something, I need more time to work on the fine details but any I ideas would be helpful :-)
I think the caves would be pretty big with some chambers above and below sea level giving Lara lots of places to explore!
Thanks I am glad you liked it but whats your perfect TR?

My perfect TR would be a mixture between TR1 & AOD. Something that has few city levels and the rest of the levels with creepiness and amazing story.

Tomb Raider Jay
21-04-06, 16:18
Yeah I enjoyed the atmosphere in AoD but I didn't have a clue what was going on thanks to the camera going halfway through the wall ha ha :-)
A good idea to mix AoD and TR1 though, wonder if there will be a sequle some day?

Post your perfect TR please!