PDA

View Full Version : All Praise LEGO!

Elysia
21-04-06, 22:51
It's just been voted one of the top toys again...

I love LEGO!!! Oh yes... I mean, computer games are cool, but were waaay too expensive and hi-tech when I was but a wee nipper... but with Lego, it didn't matter! Space, nobbly houses, Godzilla-esque destruction of my brothers castle... all completely achievable through the medium of small plastic bricks. It taught valuable lessons about not putting things in your mouth just because they were the right size to put in there (Mum *screeching* - 'GET THAT OUT OF YOUR MOUTH! YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE IT'S BEEN!!!), helped you defend your room against intruders (that stuff hurts when you step on it!) as well as the infinite amusement of the vacuum cleaner breaking down and your Mum having a mini nervous breakdown due to small plastic bricks that lock together to make stuff getting stuck in the nozzle and burning the motor out.

Ahhh, kids don't know they're born nowadays... REAL Lego didn't have maps and instructions (unless you had Lego Technik, which was the posh Lego for budding nerds) - it was all about imagination, maaan! After a good healthy daily dose of Rainbow, Chorlton and the Wheelies or Playschool (or some other drug-spawned kiddies TV programme of the time), you just *had* to create. Considering these were the days when E-numbers and tartrazine were considered *good* for you (and after a pink Hippo, a weird, melon-shaped, gravel voiced turd and a gay teddy bear of quite frankly terrifying proportions called 'Bungle' (!!) had been talking bollocks at you for half an hour), these creations could be rather 'special'....

"Errr, what is it, dear?" mother would enquire, nervously.
"It's my magical kingdom, Mum! Look, this is where the monkeys live, and this is a giant horse!"
"Uhhh, okay. Why is the horse bigger than the house?"
*roll eyes* " Because it's a GIANT horse! And it's NOT a house! It's a magical kingdom!"
*Mother backs away slowly...*

Lego - they should give it away free on the NHS! :D

CerebralAssassin
21-04-06, 22:54
Legos were awesome!:jmp:

RoseTyler
21-04-06, 23:41
I used to LOVE lego :D

stereopathic
21-04-06, 23:44
i built stuff out of legos until i was 19. it just never got old.

RoseTyler
21-04-06, 23:51

Think I was something like 17 :p LOL I'd probably play with it now if I could be bothered to dig it out of the cupboard!

tlr online
21-04-06, 23:51
LEGO rocks!! :tmb:

stereopathic
22-04-06, 00:00
Think I was something like 17 :p LOL I'd probably play with it now if I could be bothered to dig it out of the cupboard!
so true! mine are in storage and i know i'd be building right now if they were just in my closet or something. :D

Jacob x5
22-04-06, 00:01
Lego is such a cute word! :D Lego is fun. :)

keebz
22-04-06, 02:13
yeah, lego's awesome!!:tmb: so is legoland!!:D

xMiSsCrOfTx
22-04-06, 03:06
LEGOs are really fun. :D

Lenochka
22-04-06, 03:07
I still have like 4 tubes of legos. I once made a tower like 9 feet tall just to watch it fall ^^

MizzCroft007
22-04-06, 03:08
Legos.... ah the good ole days. Haha. xD

Spitfire
22-04-06, 04:22
I used to have this bad arse Lego set that was like an Under water theme, OMG i loved it and had it built in my room for like 2 years...then my cleaning lady wrecked it, ill never be the same... *whimper* :(

Elysia
22-04-06, 09:17
:D My Dad used to come and 'help' us play Lego... and at the time, he was well into his 30's! (I also used to 'help' my little sister too... and yes, I was well into my teens at that time too!)

Lego is just awesome... :tmb:

I used to have this bad arse Lego set that was like an Under water theme, OMG i loved it and had it built in my room for like 2 years...then my cleaning lady wrecked it, ill never be the same... *whimper* :(
Noo! That's just wrong...

Angel_14
22-04-06, 09:20
I love LEGO. I love building up a big city, than call my dog and ask her, to destroy it :D

Zip
22-04-06, 09:20
Id say it was a iconic figure of the the past decade i loved the stuff and the best part destroying it after

SeeJay
22-04-06, 10:13
can't agree with you more, LEGO is a very successfull collection of toys.
I don't like the new stuff with bionicle and all that high tech stuff..
glad they have gone back to more traditional Lego City stuffa again.
Brings me back :jmp:

LeGo - Leg Godt - Play Well
Thank you Denmark! :hug:

Zip
22-04-06, 17:38
can't agree with you more, LEGO is a very successfull collection of toys.
I don't like the new stuff with bionicle and all that high tech stuff..
glad they have gone back to more traditional Lego City stuffa again.
Brings me back :jmp:

LeGo - Leg Godt - Play Well
Thank you Denmark! :hug:

Yes bionical is rubbish couldn't agree more

Croft06
22-04-06, 17:41
I like Lego. And Duplo... Like Lego but bigger so I... I mean, so small children, don't swallow it

Lavinder
22-04-06, 17:44
*sobs* I have never owned lego. I only owned stupid furry cats with beans in them and stupid little fireman engines that blowed bubbles *sob*

Geck-o-Lizard
22-04-06, 17:47
Lego rocks! I got a big tub of it (red plastic with a lid with four huge Lego dots on it) for Christmas when I was about four, and I loved it ever since. :D Few years ago my dad bought us a Lego Robotics kit (insanely expensive... over a hundred quid) which is basically Lego Technik with motors and a programmable "brain". Had loads and loads of fun building nifty cars and things with it. :D

BlackGrey
22-04-06, 17:47
I love Lego :D Used to play for hours with it, i had bucket fulls of it, me and my siblings just sat for hours playing with it. Homage to lego :jmp:

Croft06
22-04-06, 17:48
Lego rocks! I got a big tub of it for Christmas when I was about four, and I loved it ever since. :D Few years ago my dad bought us a Lego Robotics kit (insanely expensive... over a hundred quid) which is basically Lego Technik with motors and a programmable "brain". Had loads and loads of fun building nifty cars and things with it. :D

I had one of those tubs :D

Zip
22-04-06, 17:49
I had one aswell,all the stuff you could motorise was brill

Elysia
22-04-06, 17:52
*sobs* I have never owned lego. I only owned stupid furry cats with beans in them and stupid little fireman engines that blowed bubbles *sob*
Awww, Lavinder! :hug: You should ask - nay, DEMAND - for Lego this Christmas :) . Never too old for Lego! (I have to say, though, that I don't think I was personally ever bought any... I think my brother was the one that actually *owned* the lego, but since being a big sister is 9/10ths of sibling law, it was my lego too... :D )

badboy70
22-04-06, 18:06
i still have some boxes of lego in the attic :)

Genocide
22-04-06, 18:12
i still have some boxes of lego in the attic :)
i do too, i just cant bear to part with it

clairelovestlc
22-04-06, 18:13
I love lego, when i babysit its always the first toy i get out for kids... that or playdough, or fuzzy felts..

Elysia
22-04-06, 18:16
I love lego, when i babysit its always the first toy i get out for kids... that or playdough, or fuzzy felts..
FUZZY FELTS! :D Omg - I loved fuzzy felt as a kid. We used to argue over who was going to play with it first at Primary school (such a loooong time ago...).

Can you still get it? It would be cool to get some and, ummm, you know, do some 'research' into its properties again, just to see if it's as good now as it was then... :whi: