PDA

View Full Version : Bullying.

gazhammer
22-04-06, 11:27
To cut a long story short(as i have submitted this post once, but it dissapeared).:confused:

I was wondering if anybody has any personal stories they may be willing to share concerning being bullied?.

I aim to use them in what i hope will be a serious but fun Fiction Novel, concerning bullying and imagined real life stories would work better maybe?.

I'll add to this post, but as i have already lost this information once, i shall post this quickly to ensure(hopefully), that it doesnt happen again.:(

Janny
22-04-06, 11:31
I got bullyed in 5th grade, but I called my parents at school and set things right. All of the rest of the kids considered my dad a hero because the bully didn't have one friend to count on. :vlol:

Geck-o-Lizard
22-04-06, 11:33
I've been bullied and picked on for most of my life because I'm a girl but I wear my hair short and always wear unisex style clothes. Some folk would call me stupid things like "he-she" and "manbeast", or chuck stuff at me (little pebbles, chips, bits of chocolate bars, empty bottles, etc). They stopped doing that when I started beating them up for it. :)

viper456
22-04-06, 11:33
i got bullied, and from my personal experience the bully is always ugly and fat :D lmao

dark_angel_7
22-04-06, 11:34
I used to be bullyed but all that stopped now. Best advice - TELL SOMEONE!

Croft06
22-04-06, 11:35
i got bullied, and from my personal experience the bully is always ugly and fat :D lmao
I've never been bullied, any bullies would have to go through my defensive wall of friends :ton:

dark_angel_7
22-04-06, 11:35
I've been bullied and picked on for most of my life because I'm a girl but I wear my hair short and always wear unisex style clothes. Some folk would call me stupid things like "he-she" and "manbeast", or chuck stuff at me (little pebbles, chips, bits of chocolate bars, empty bottles, etc). They stopped doing that when I started beating them up for it. :)
Oh my god! Really?! I feel dead sorry for you!!! That's evil! :( At least you got your revenge on them! :D

viper456
22-04-06, 11:42
I've never been bullied, any bullies would have to go through my defensive wall of friends :ton:

haha dont worry it only happened the once and i was in like yr 4 (bout 8 year old) and he went to hit me but i got him in the face with my lunch box first lmao

guess who got left alone after that :ton: and also had to get a new lunch box :( i liked that mighty max one too!

gazhammer
22-04-06, 11:51
Any little mini stories or scenarios that you are willing to share?.

I was bullied myself between the ages of 9-11, by a kid from a bad neighbourhood. He was supposed to be a friend but was always telling me if i didnt do like he said(give him money etc), he would "kick my head-in". Those were his words every time, only sometimes he would do it too(but never on his own). Anyway, its a long story that carried on for almost 3 years and i shall be adding it to the background of one of my created characters. I shall just add that after growing up(and out), i met him again when i was around 16-17 and he honestly looked about the same size as he had at 11. Just for the hell of it i reminded him of his bullying me, he got very flustered and begged me not to hurt him(he was alone this time), i just smiled sarcastically and walked away, and that was all the revenge i needed.:D

By the way, anyone who wishes to add their own story(need specifics), will find that if the book is finally published, they will receive their very own signed copy.

Croft06
22-04-06, 11:52
haha dont worry it only happened the once and i was in like yr 4 (bout 8 year old) and he went to hit me but i got him in the face with my lunch box first lmao

guess who got left alone after that :ton: and also had to get a new lunch box :( i liked that mighty max one too!
Aww! I used too love those charactor lunch boxes. My R.e teacher has one :D

viper456
22-04-06, 11:54
Aww! I used too love those charactor lunch boxes. My R.e teacher has one :D

haha i want it! *searches ebay for mighy max lunch box* i will heal my wounds lol!

SUGARPIE
22-04-06, 12:08
Hi Gaz :wve:

I was largely brought up in military schools but in 1979, my father was posted to London from Germany, just at the age I was due to start secondary school.

It was a very rough school and I was soon being targetted. I was fairly confident up until that point but I fell out with a new friend and she pushed me down a flight of stairs at the end of school. I got up and immediately retaliated. The ensuing scuffle caught the attention of one of the big girls in my class and she began hounding me to test how 'tough' I really was. The whole experience actually stole any confidence I had and as soon as I had shown emotional weakness this girl made my life pretty miserable.

Going into the playground was a definite no-no so my mother spoke to the school and I was given a job in the school libraray which became a sanctuary and led me to meeting 'nice' friends who were a bit nerdy but a breath of fresh air! Being removed from the situation helped me enormously and eventually they grew bored and I was able to relax after the third year. But those first 2 years were punishing.

Every Sunday evening I would start to get butterflies in my stomach, just thinking about school the next day. I was tearful and clingy around my parents. Girls are particularly cruel as they are emotional bullies, they completely overpower you emotionally and you live in a state of perpetual fear. They only have to whisper a few words in your ear to reduce you to tears.

Thankfully I am confident as an adult and don't think about those days but mum sometimes mentions it and when she tells me what I was like I am shocked - I guess I just erased much of it from my memory but I do recall being very unhappy. It got so bad that at one point I was thinking such things as how to poison a sweet to give to this one girl! It was that bad, I had NO confidence in the end, I was a bag of nerves.

gazhammer
22-04-06, 12:17
Hi Gaz :wve:

I was largely brought up in military schools but in 1979, my father was posted to London from Germany, just at the age I was due to start secondary school.

It was a very rough school and I was soon being targetted. I was fairly confident up until that point but I fell out with a new friend and she pushed me down a flight of stairs at the end of school. I got up and immediately retaliated. The ensuing scuffle caught the attention of one of the big girls in my class and she began hounding me to test how 'tough' I really was. The whole experience actually stole any confidence I had and as soon as I had shown emotional weakness this girl made my life pretty miserable.

Going into the playground was a definite no-no so my mother spoke to the school and I was given a job in the school libraray which became a sanctuary and led me to meeting 'nice' friends who were a bit nerdy but a breath of fresh air! Being removed from the situation helped me enormously and eventually they grew bored and I was able to relax after the third year. But those first 2 years were punishing.

Every Sunday evening I would start to get butterflies in my stomach, just thinking about school the next day. I was tearful and clingy around my parents. Girls are particularly cruel as they are emotional bullies, they completely overpower you emotionally and you live in a state of perpetual fear. They only have to whisper a few words in your ear to reduce you to tears.

Thankfully I am confident as an adult and don't think about those days but mum sometimes mentions it and when she tells me what I was like I am shocked - I guess I just erased much of it from my memory but I do recall being very unhappy. It got so bad that at one point I was thinking such things as how to poison a sweet to give to this one girl! It was that bad, I had NO confidence in the end, I was a bag of nerves.

Glad your over it SUGARPIE:hug:

Thanks for the story though, thats the kind of thing i'm looking for, its great(and horrible), but will write well. Any more specifics would be great(stuff like the sweetie thing are so REAL), off course because it is, but you know what i mean.:D

Nephili
22-04-06, 12:24
I got bullied in secondary school, because everybody thought i was gay.

I mean i turned out to be gay, but it zapped my confidence completley because i let them get away with it and let it get to me.

Belfastard
22-04-06, 12:27
Was bullied about my sexuality as I've been open about it all my life.

SUGARPIE
22-04-06, 12:28
Thanks Gaz :hug:

Yes I can be more specific if you would like.

After the little fight was witnessed, a girl named Suzanne (who went on to become my greatest fear), asked me about it and I just shrugged it off as a misunderstanding because that night, the girl who had pushed me down the stairs phoned me and apologised.

However, as a small and quite thin child, Suzanne wanted to know what made me think I had the cheek to fight with a girl twice my size, it fascinated her but in truth it was a one-off and I had been angered resulting in being pushed down a flight of stairs so reacted on impulse.

A few days later, we were all sat in class and I was sat in the row of desks directly in front of Suzanne. The teacher wasn't there and she asked demanded that I sit next to her and her cronies but I was happily sat with another friend and said as much, politely.

She then said something like 'Did you just hear what she said? How dare she refuse to sit next to me' and again she started demanding I sit beside her but I said 'no I'm fine here thanks'

With that she got up and came over to me and started banging my head on the desk holding onto my hair and the rest of the class started egging her on. I was completely shocked by this reaction and I began to cry. She was a big girl, Welsh as I recall, and her hands were covered in chunky rings which I feared would end up in my face!!

She stopped when the teacher appeared but was determined to single me out and she turned people against me and would wait at the school gates to pounce so I had to leave school pretty quick at the end of the day and run across the sports field and return the long way home.

She grew bored of targetting me by the third year but two and a half years of victimisation was like a life sentence. It's easy for us to dismiss bullying but for the victims, it can be very disabling and some adults go on to carry the damage in later life. Thankfully I seem to have no adverse effects but I have been bullied as an adult, by my ex father-in-law who is a control freak - a very controlling and angry man who also was capable of having me in tears so I am not much better as an adult at dealing with bullies but thankfully, bullying is rare in adult life. :)

gazhammer
22-04-06, 12:42
Thanks Gaz :hug:

Yes I can be more specific if you would like.

After the little fight was witnessed, a girl named Suzanne (who went on to become my greatest fear), asked me about it and I just shrugged it off as a misunderstanding because that night, the girl who had pushed me down the stairs phoned me and apologised.

However, as a small and quite thin child, Suzanne wanted to know what made me think I had the cheek to fight with a girl twice my size, it fascinated her but in truth it was a one-off and I had been angered resulting in being pushed down a flight of stairs so reacted on impulse.

A few days later, we were all sat in class and I was sat in the row of desks directly in front of Suzanne. The teacher wasn't there and she asked demanded that I sit next to her and her cronies but I was happily sat with another friend and said as much, politely.

She then said something like 'Did you just hear what she said? How dare she refuse to sit next to me' and again she started demanding I sit beside her but I said 'no I'm fine here thanks'

With that she got up and came over to me and started banging my head on the desk holding onto my hair and the rest of the class started egging her on. I was completely shocked by this reaction and I began to cry. She was a big girl, Welsh as I recall, and her hands were covered in chunky rings which I feared would end up in my face!!

She stopped when the teacher appeared but was determined to single me out and she turned people against me and would wait at the school gates to pounce so I had to leave school pretty quick at the end of the day and run across the sports field and return the long way home.

She grew bored of targetting me by the third year but two and a half years of victimisation was like a life sentence. It's easy for us to dismiss bullying but for the victims, it can be very disabling and some adults go on to carry the damage in later life. Thankfully I seem to have no adverse effects but I have been bullied as an adult, by my ex father-in-law who is a control freak - a very controlling and angry man who also was capable of having me in tears so I am not much better as an adult at dealing with bullies but thankfully, bullying is rare in adult life. :)

If i have your permission i would like to use this and create a character around it. Its quite horrific and believe it or not, gives me goose-bumps as it reminds me of similar scenarios and gives me vivid flashbacks of the bullying i endured.

The story is meant to be a conglomeration of 5-6 kids all with different but similar stories of being bullied, who through the internet, come across a kind of BULLY POLICE who scout the internet undercover, then choosing who to contact and help depending on their level of bullying.

My aim if it was ever published, would be to implore kids to get these things out in the open or, to stick together and beat the bully themselves. Although in this day and age, what with Damilola Taylor as well as others, bullying has taken on a whole new meaning, with much more serious consequences to when i was a kid.

Your up for the first signed copy SUGARPIE.:D

Kamrusepas
22-04-06, 12:44
I would be hard to bully as I tend to ignore everyone.

I can't believe such a stupid thing is still going on, however. Don't the bullies see they gain absolutely nothing and just make themselves look stupid and weak?

SUGARPIE
22-04-06, 12:47
Thanks Gaz, good luck with it and yes you can use my experiences if you think they will help :tmb:

gazhammer
22-04-06, 12:50
Was bullied about my sexuality as I've been open about it all my life.

I can certainly imagine what things must have been like for yourself and Nephili included, and although i'm straight i can certainly empathise.

I am certainly not homophobic, but kids are basically mini-me's of their parents and will certainly grow up with the same idealistic(in their eyes), but unrealistic outlook on the World, and things will only escalate and get worse, as the World becomes an even bigger mess, until we finally decide when to blow ourselves up.:confused:

MiCkiZ88
22-04-06, 12:53
some of you might know my story but well.. in short.. I've been bullyed for my whole life.. beaten to bleed and so on.. That's the main reason I'm sho shy and a wallrose...

gazhammer
22-04-06, 13:02
I am officially depressed, didnt realise how heart rending other peoples real life stories could be and how much it would affect me.

Sorry if i have depressed anyone else......Man i hate Bullies:mad:

MiCkiZ88
22-04-06, 13:05
I am officially depressed, didnt realise how heart rending other peoples real life stories could be and how much it would affect me.

Sorry if i have depressed anyone else......Man i hate Bullies:mad:
not the only one.. it stopped when I reported to the police.. th ebully was expelled from school...

gazhammer
22-04-06, 13:09
not the only one.. it stopped when I reported to the police.. th ebully was expelled from school...

Good.....Hope you get over it mate, dont let the *******s win.:cen:

Jebus
22-04-06, 13:13
luckily i never got bullied at school, bullying also exists in the work-place but i have never been bulied there either. And i would'nt dream of putting someone else down like that, we should all try and get along, and if you dont see eye-to-eye with someone just stay away from them. but my friend was so i almost know what it does to people, but from expierience i couldnt tell you the personel feelings involved. On the subject of bullying, what do people think of Rockstar Games (GTA makers) making a game where the key objective and motive is to bully children, The game is called Bully, im sure you have heard about it, i personally dont agree with it, i hope some game retailers boy-cot it.

gazhammer
22-04-06, 13:22
luckily i never got bullied at school, bullying also exists in the work-place but i have never been bulied there either. And i would'nt dream of putting someone else down like that, we should all try and get along, and if you dont see eye-to-eye with someone just stay away from them. but my friend was so i almost know what it does to people, but from expierience i couldnt tell you the personel feelings involved. On the subject of bullying, what do people think of Rockstar Games (GTA makers) making a game where the key objective and motive is to bully children, The game is called Bully, im sure you have heard about it, i personally dont agree with it, i hope some game retailers boy-cot it.

I havent heard of it NO....... but little suprises me anymore.

What with cowardly Police getting away with shooting a scared and unarmed man 6 times in the head and Tony Blair costing the country £1.2M in air fairs since he took office, yet the woman who needed life saving Cancer treatment was denied it. This Country as well as the rest of the World is flying down **** street in a hand-basket and dont expect things to get better. I'm glad i'm getting on a bit, hopefully i'll be dead before the **** really hits the fan!.:hea:

Jebus
22-04-06, 13:24
well gazhammer just go on http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/bully/index.html
for a bit of a lowdown, there is even a MP calling out for it to be banned, like GTA is in australia, i think it in australia?

gazhammer
22-04-06, 13:28
well gazhammer just go on http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/bully/index.html
for a bit of a lowdown, there is even a MP calling out for it to be banned, like GTA is in australia, i think it in australia?

Thanks for the link.:D

Although after taking a look, it seems that the idea of the game is to beat the bully, as opposed to actually having to bully weaker kids, so not sure exactly how i would stand on that one.:confused:

xMiSsCrOfTx
22-04-06, 13:30
I've never been beat up or anything, but I have been a victim of some gossip before, and I guess that's still bullying. It's childish, immature and stupid. Thankfully I'm over that stage and I can see what morons those people were.

Jebus
22-04-06, 13:32
if you look at the screenshots, you appear to play as the BULLY, maybe he is a bully trying to beat other bullys' but still, thats not the point, do they like making a scene?

in these arms
22-04-06, 13:34
in year 3-4??? some year 6's were having a little game of piggy back did they, damn runs me over. it was a rainy day i had to put up with dirty cloths and as i fell my eyes went blank luckily i wasent blinded.

worst thing, one time they put jelly all over my head, but the headteach we used to have was a bloody useless one.

gazhammer
22-04-06, 13:36
in year 3-4??? some year 6's were having a little game of piggy back did they, damn runs me over. it was a rainy day i had to put up with dirty cloths and as i fell my eyes went blank luckily i wasent blinded.

worst thing, one time they put jelly all over my head, but the headteach we used to have was a bloody useless one.

Glad your okay dude!.:D

Jebus
22-04-06, 13:38
:) here here

TombRaiderLover
22-04-06, 13:41
Some people think I walk weird. The sad thing is, a 'huge' ammount of people have bullied me for it, all in different groups, and I've had to deal with all of them.

Capt. Murphy
22-04-06, 13:42
I grew up skinny. The bigger badder farmer boys were always the ones to look out for. There were other city kids that were mean too, but the main bullies when I went to school were the 'hicks'.

In high school I was still skinny. Now I wasn't being picked on (physically) like in years past. Mainly my torment stemmed from teasings. I had another problem. When I was 11 I developed an auto-immunity disease that attacks the body... In this case: my knee joints. So from that I developed knocked knees. :o :mad: I was also poor. So I never did have what most people would call nice clothes.

I was an easy target. I was shy almost all of the time.

The most fights I ever got in were in Junior High (7th and 8th grade). When I got into 9th (H.S. Freshman), there were ample opportunities to fight (for self defense or getting back at some :cen: hole). But I avoided it, which may have been a wise thing to do. Yeah, I let people have their way with me sometimes. I probably would've got hurt worse trying to fight back. So why bother?

edit: or I would've hurt them. It's not in my nature to hurt people (physically anyway :p ). One time a smaller (jerk) kid was picking on me. He was whipping me with this cord and it was making welps on my arm. I had no choice but to retaliate. I hurt him. Then I felt sorry for doing it. :confused:

Jebus
22-04-06, 13:44
it is terrible what somepeople do to others

Tramp
22-04-06, 13:49
I will have to give you my story tomorrow Gaz as it is nearly midnight here and I am exhausted. I'm going to bed.

gazhammer
22-04-06, 13:52
I will have to give you my story tomorrow Gaz as it is nearly midnight here and I am exhausted. I'm going to bed.

Cheers Kate(cant call you tramp it doesnt seem right somehow):D

Lew
22-04-06, 14:17

well thats not true actually, it depends what your like to get called that, well in my town anyway, you could have long hair and wear just women clothes and get called a manbeast if you walk like one. LIKE MY FRIEND aparently :@ :mad: anyway i know alot of girls (pretty ones too :P) who wear mens coats/shoes just for fun. So i dont think theres a problem.

Tramp
23-04-06, 00:12
I've had some coffee now and I may be able to embrace this subject. I have pretty much been bullied all my life. I was born at a very awkward time for women. The first part of my life was when women were still considered as sort of second class citizens. They went to school, after leaving school, which was usually at the lowest age you could leave, you then worked for a few years got married and had kids. You didn't have a career. Then came the sexual revolution and equality and womens lib. So it was a hard time for women.

As a child I was bullied at school pretty unmercifully, not only by kids but also by teachers, resulting in my parents moving me to another school. My first experience at school was kindergarten when I was sat next to a mentally retarded girl who had been in kindergarten for at least 2 years. Her parents would not admit there was anything wrong with her. She was not only a lot bigger than everyone else she was also violent. I started school at a younger age than everyone else as I had only just tuned 4 and everyone else was 4 1/2 or 5. I was also very small and as an adult I am only just over 5 ft not even 5 ft 1 in.

This girl Dinah used to hit me all the time and if I retaliated I was the one that got into trouble. On day in the playground she pushed me and I flew forward. We had wooden shelter sheds and one of the boards was cracked. When she pushed me I put my hand out to stop myself and my little finger went through the crack and it closed up again trapping me. I was trapped for over an hour before they got my finger out.

It was a very small school with only the Principal and one teacher and the principal used to teach as well. He didn't like my family as my father was a business owner and he was jealous of my fathers position in the community. So he used to pick on me. If I even looked sideways in class he would throw me out. In maths if I put the plus sign a little too far away from the sum for his liking he would mark it wrong. Consequently I used to fail most exams. The one year he didn't mark my exams I came 4th in the class not last. One day someone asked to borrow my rubber and I said OK, the principal told me to get out gave me 2 blackboard dusters and told me to stand in the playground in full sun with my arms out holding the dusters. I stayed there for over 3 hours in full sun in the middle of summer. I ended up with sun stroke and was semi conscious and delirious for 3 days. It was as a result of this that I was sent to another school, the principal didn't get into any trouble over it. The next 2 1/2 years were probably my only happy school years.

Then came high school. I developed breasts at a fairly young age and the next lot of bullying I copped was more sexually related. People don't realise that sexual harrassment is just another form of bullying. I got that for nearly all my high school days. This didn't stop when I went into the workforce either. Those were the days when there were no Sexual Harrassment Laws and bosses and male employees could get away with murder. You were literally told to grow up and get over it. You had to be doing something wrong to cause it happening. In those days it was just considered as stirring.

Then came Womens Lib and we were told we were as good as men and could do anything with our lives that we wanted. We were supposed to get equal pay for equal work but we never did. One job I was in the male doing the same job got $100 a week more than me and a company car. So much for equal pay.

Then came the time when unemployment was rife as women who were married stayed in the workforce instead of leaving it when they had children, so there were less jobs around. Women, especially single women who had to support themselves were bullied into working long hours with no overtime pay and forced to doing more than one job as employers used to cut down staff to increase their profits. So you were bullied into doing more work, for the same money everytime they got rid of another worker. You were told if you didn't do it you didn't have a job, so you didn't have any choice, you just had to accept it.

It hasn't improved, if anything that has got worse with the new Industrial laws that our Federal Government has just brought in. It is all in the employers favour to the detriment of the workers.

So bullying occurs in all ages but as adults it is not called bullying.

And yes I would say that the bullying I have received during my life has had a bearing on my self esteem and has had fairly bad psychological effects, I think I have survived because I have a very strong personality. I never backed down to the bullying as a child but as an adult in business I had to or I was without a job and I couldn't afford that as I had to support myself.

meansizzler
23-04-06, 00:18
I've never been beat up or anything, but I have been a victim of some gossip before, and I guess that's still bullying. It's childish, immature and stupid. Thankfully I'm over that stage and I can see what morons those people were.

Victim of Gossip?, never heard that before, still all those people giving oyu dirty looks can't be nice...

meansizzler
23-04-06, 00:20

Some guy put a glue gun in my eye, I reported it to the police but they did nothing?...anyway know the number to a local hitman?..Guess that's the only way to deal with it..., well this was back in highschool thankfully it went away...

Lara Croft!
23-04-06, 00:29
In Greece the bullying is a rare phenomenon...Thank God,i see in movies kids beat up younger ones and take their money,it's so bad!!!

GeckoKid
23-04-06, 00:54
i was first bullied by my classmate when i was in the first year of my secondary school, he kept slamming thin little homework books on my head when he thought i didn't make sense or something, i really didn't like it and told him to stop and asked for a change of seats, but didn't succeed. then there was this one day he slammed me again and i flipped out and used all my force with the thickest maths book on his head, i was almost a head shorter than him and just generally much smaller (he's thin, but i'm thinner). anyway he was sent to the hospital cause his head was bleeding. i was sent to the principal and stuff, all i remembered was i was crying out of panic. well i got a change of seats eventually and he didn't turn up to school for a week. my parents blamed me for doing that to him and punished me heavily as well, made me feel very guilty and ****. which lead to something worse. he started to take advantage of me, abusing me by touching my private parts and saying suggestive words, and yet i didn't do anything as i thought i asked for it somehow (thanks to my mom) everything was my fault. and he gave me head and forced me to do it back when he caught me in the loo, and stripped me naked in the cubicles, and when he heard someone came in he just went out of the cubicle without even closing the door. all that i just stood still doing nothing. this lasted 3 years. then i found out i was actually gay.

meansizzler
23-04-06, 01:00
he started to take advantage of me, abusing me by touching my private parts and saying suggestive words, and yet i didn't do anything as i thought i asked for it somehow (thanks to my mom) everything was my fault. and he gave me head and forced me to do it back when he caught me in the loo, and stripped me naked in the cubicles, and when he heard someone came in he just went out of the cubicle without even closing the door. all that i just stood still doing nothing. this lasted 3 years. then i found out i was actually gay.

WTF?, there are like kids on this forum, you would of thought the text book on his head would of done the trick...anyway, your don't start out gay, it's just other people make you think your gay and you eventually do become gay...

Lara Croft!
23-04-06, 01:06
WTF?, there are like kids on this forum,
I'm not a kid,but still i'm shocked!!!!:eek:

GeckoKid
23-04-06, 01:18
well should i delete it then? i was 12 when it started to happen anyway.

Chocobo155
23-04-06, 01:19
I've never really being bullied, although for a couple of years during secondary school I was called 'Smila' for smiling too much:p

My friend, however, was bullied a lot for about a year because of her looks and intelligence. Basically shes very pretty with blonde hair and she's still the top of our year in just about every subject. The 'rough' girls in our year just all of a sudden started picking on her.

At first the just laughed and whispered about her, so she just ignored them. Then they started doing things like shouting things like '*****' down her ear, or shoving her in the wall, which really got her down. Then they a started calling her Pamela Anderson, even when the teachers were there. Me and my friends would tell them to **** off and what not, but it made no difference. Then, after about a couple of months of this, one of them took her GCSE coursework and tour it all up when the teacher had told her it would get an A*. She just sat there and cried, and the techer did as good as nothing, decinding that given one of the girls a detention was a severe enough punishment. After that it continued for a while more were they'd all gang up on her and call her, acuse of ridiculous things and even just slap her out of nowhere. She refused to tell anyone and begged us not to do the same. We agreed, but I decided to tell the head. She did nothing.

It gradually faded and then stopped, until recently, where one of them stole her MP4 player, which my other friend stole back, as well as slapping the main bully around the face.:)

GeckoKid
23-04-06, 01:20
btw i didn't remember how i turned out gay anyway.... it's not like i was straight from the start. i dunno how to explain, but i think it's something that is realised, but not assumed then changed.

xMiSsCrOfTx
23-04-06, 01:31
Victim of Gossip?, never heard that before, still all those people giving oyu dirty looks can't be nice...

People talking smack about you behind your back...

meansizzler
23-04-06, 01:36
I've never really being bullied, although for a couple of years during secondary school I was called 'Smila' for smiling too much:p

My friend, however, was bullied a lot for about a year because of her looks and intelligence. Basically shes very pretty with blonde hair and she's still the top of our year in just about every subject. The 'rough' girls in our year just all of a sudden started picking on her.

At first the just laughed and whispered about her, so she just ignored them. Then they started doing things like shouting things like 'b***h' down her ear, or shoving her in the wall, which really got her down. Then they a started calling her Pamela Anderson, even when the teachers were there. Me and my friends would tell them to **** off and what not, but it made no difference. Then, after about a couple of months of this, one of them took her GCSE coursework and tour it all up when the teacher had told her it would get an A*. She just sat there and cried, and the techer did as good as nothing, decinding that given one of the girls a detention was a severe enough punishment. After that it continued for a while more were they'd all gang up on her and call her, acuse of ridiculous things and even just slap her out of nowhere. She refused to tell anyone and begged us not to do the same. We agreed, but I decided to tell the head. She did nothing.

It gradually faded and then stopped, until recently, where one of them stole her MP4 player, which my other friend stole back, as well as slapping the main bully around the face.:)

Aww..I feel for oyur firend, you really should watch out for her, them girls are jsut askign for a good beating...

keebz
23-04-06, 04:27
In Greece the bullying is a rare phenomenon...Thank God,i see in movies kids beat up younger ones and take their money,it's so bad!!!
same here, theres no bullies in india!! its so awful, even i see it on tv/movies!!:(

Maureen Errant
23-04-06, 05:01
Don't have any bully stories..........I was always taller than everyone in school.........so no one picked on me.

off topic.............Gaz you've got your avatar.........:jmp:

gazhammer
23-04-06, 06:20
Don't have any bully stories..........I was always taller than everyone in school.........so no one picked on me.

off topic.............Gaz you've got your avatar.........:jmp:

Cheers Maureen:D

Wow its so... so... so small, arghhhh crap...:hea:

Maureen Errant
23-04-06, 06:31
But it's a lovely avatar.............and good things come in small packages you know:whi:

CerebralAssassin
23-04-06, 06:41
I was always taller than everyone in school.........so no one picked on me
How tall are you?

Maureen Errant
23-04-06, 06:54
How tall do you want me to be.......................*snickers*

I'm not saying as I will hate myself in the morning.:ton:

gazhammer
23-04-06, 06:57
Thanks everyone for your input on this subject.:D

There are some God-awful stories there, of which i can only reply to each and every one, that i hope like me, you have some kind of closure on these incidents and they will not have too much of a bearing on your later life.

Kate, if its o.k. with you i would like to use your experiences and turn them into another character in the book?. That Headmaster/Teacher of yours deserved to have his "Jollies" removed with a rusty knife and i hope he has, or will, suffer an extremely painful death.

Again thanks everyone. :D

CerebralAssassin
23-04-06, 06:59
How tall do you want me to be.......................*snickers*

I'm not saying as I will hate myself in the morning.:ton:
Hmm..7 ft. Tall..need someone tall enough to change the light bulb I'm not tall enough:D

Spitfire
23-04-06, 07:01
I must live in a good place cause i've never been bullied.
Well there was one incident, one kid pushed my buttons so i threw him into a chair and got saturday school...but that was one time in my entire school life so its no biggie :D

Maureen Errant
23-04-06, 07:28
UMMMMM .....there's this item called a chair........has 4 legs....usually a back.....possibly 2 arms........................................useful for reaching those hight places.:ton: :ton: :ton: Hmm..7 ft. Tall..need someone tall enough to change the light bulb I'm not tall enough:D

So back at you...............how tall...if you claim you're too short to change a bulb...........a 6 footer should be able to.

Dazzy
23-04-06, 12:31
To cut a long story short(as i have submitted this post once, but it dissapeared).:confused:

I was wondering if anybody has any personal stories they may be willing to share concerning being bullied?.

I aim to use them in what i hope will be a serious but fun Fiction Novel, concerning bullying and imagined real life stories would work better maybe?.

I'll add to this post, but as i have already lost this information once, i shall post this quickly to ensure(hopefully), that it doesnt happen again.:(

I was bullied while I was at School, back in Late 2002, they threw pork pies at me, oranges, all kinds, even bricks, even when I told the teacher, they didn't do nothing about it, I left as I was old enough.

Lavinder
23-04-06, 12:51
I get bullied everyday. Normal day to day thing for me now :)

meansizzler
23-04-06, 12:55
I get bullied everyday. Normal day to day thing for me now :)

really?, are oyu jsut asking for attention?..., what's there to smile about...

Lavinder
23-04-06, 12:57
really?, are oyu jsut asking for attention?..., what's there to smile about...

The smile is more of a grimaced smile but it doesnt have it on this forum :D

I accept that people don't like me and I can't do nothing about it so it does not upset me that much anymore. Well it does, but I try and not think about it that much :)

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 13:05

I accept that people don't like me and I can't do nothing about it so it does not upset me that much anymore. Well it does, but I try and not think about it that much :)

Well it's their loss Lavinder. We like you - A LOT so try to think of your TRF friends who know a good thing when they see it :hug:

Have a laugh at me new sig in the meantime :D

Lavinder
23-04-06, 13:14
Well it's their loss Lavinder. We like you - A LOT so try to think of your TRF friends who know a good thing when they see it :hug:

Have a laugh at me new sig in the meantime :D

Lmao, I just read that on OAP board (your sig) :D You have a way of sounding normal then BAM theres somthing hillarious in it.

Yeah, thats why I spend so much time on my computer :p

meansizzler
23-04-06, 13:15

I like you, i was just asking a question..., sorry if I upset you...:hug:

Lavinder
23-04-06, 13:18
I like you, i was just asking a question..., sorry if I upset you...:hug:

No you did not mon cher! :D Sorry if i sounded stern :p

ace_85
23-04-06, 13:20

I know it may seem small comfort right now Lavinder, but in my personal experience things pick right up the minute you leave school and go to college. Secondary schools in particular are such a minefield, everyone is trying to score points over each other or put each other down. Once that's behind you, you will find that the people you encounter are much more willing to accept you for who you are, unconditionally. Like my dad says, 'Don't let the *******s grind you down' :cln: Things can and will get better eventually :)

Lavinder
23-04-06, 13:23
I know it may seem small comfort right now Lavinder, but in my personal experience things pick right up the minute you leave school and go to college. Secondary schools in particular are such a minefield, everyone is trying to score points over each other or put each other down. Once that's behind you, you will find that the people you encounter are much more willing to accept you for who you are, unconditionally. Like my dad says, 'Don't let the *******s grind you down' :cln: Things can and will get better eventually :)

Yeah, I can't wait untill I leave. :D I've been looking foward to it since Year 8 :p

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 13:47
You'll be just fine Lavinder - believe it or not, posting here on the forum and getting to know others will improve both your literary skills (which in my opinion are excellent as they stand anyway), and your confidence. You have a place here where you know you are likely to be listened to and respected. You can talk about such issues here without fear of ridicule.

You'll go a long way in life I feel. You are intelligent, approachable and kind as well as being wise beyond your years. You have great potential :tmb:

Lavinder
23-04-06, 13:50
You'll be just fine Lavinder - believe it or not, posting here on the forum and getting to know others will improve both your literary skills (which in my opinion are excellent as they stand anyway), and your confidence. You have a place here where you know you are likely to be listened to and respected. You can talk about such issues here without fear of ridicule.

You'll go a long way in life I feel. You are intelligent, approachable and kind as well as being wise beyond your years. You have great potential :tmb:

*Big grin* Your such a nice woman :hug:

That's all I can think of to say at the moment :D

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 13:51
I'm sure you'll think of something while making rude noises in the shower Lavinder (re: the Organics shampoo advert) :vlol: :hug:

xMiSsCrOfTx
23-04-06, 13:52
You have a place here where you know you are likely to be listened to and respected. You can talk about such issues here without fear of ridicule.

Exactly, that's part of why I love being here. Everyone's really nice and respectful. :)

Cochrane
23-04-06, 13:53
I always used to be a little uncool, not running with the crowd and having not that many friends, but most of the time that gave me no problems. Admittedly, I was quite strange, listening to country music (not at all popular in germany), being interested in trains and so on. Also, at first I tried to make friends with some of those who bullied me later on, which might have been a cause as well.

After second grade I changed schools, because we moved to a different house. Then, in third grade, I met a guy who was very violent. That boy was strange, at times I could take normally with him, but at most of the time he was laughing about me and hitting me. He was hitting most other kids in that school, too, but I was one of his favourite victims because I was rather small and weak. That continued to sixth grade, with times where it was worse and times where there was no problem. Some of that might be my fault as well, as from time to time I tried to annoy him and his gang just for fun. In secondary school, he was one year in the same school with me before he got kicked out because he was too stupid and too violent. In that time, I especially hated travelling home by bus, because more often than not he'd use to beat me up there, mostly when leaving the bus. As far as I know, he later went to other schools, dropped out of them and finally ended up in youth jail.

Then there were two other guys who used to laugh at me and make fun of me for a lot of different reasons, for example because I was very obsessed with railroads (and still am) or listened to music nobody else in the school was listening to (country). None of them ever hit me, but they were quite annoying. One example: One of those lived near me and we had to leave the bus at the same bus station. To get the bus to stop there one has to press one of those buttons all over in the bus to tell the bus driver that you wanted to leave. Every time in the bus, they would watch me and when I was about to press that button, they'd quickly press another one of them first and laugh about how I was too slow. They'd to that with planning, like person A (who had to leave at the same bus stop) to person B (who had to leave at the bus stop after mine) "Hey, I think today I'll visit you, I always wanted to know what your house is like, I am really not gonna leave at this station", very loudly, of course. The idea was that I got the idea that he wouldn't press the button, so I had to, instead of just waiting until he pressed it himself. Obviously, he wouldn't visit the other guy, just laugh at me when I tried to press the button and was too slow again. While this wasn't bullying in a physical sense, it sure hurt my self-esteem.
One of them later repeated a year. I haven't had any contact with him ever since (only seen him from time to time), but he has the reputation of being one of the most violent guys in town. The other one has stopped all this and is now the clown of our school, joking with teachers, bragging about how drunk he got and how much he was beaten up by hooligans when he was a soccer game. I consider this to be annoying, but at least it isn't meant harmful.

I think all this bullying has to do with the fact that I got quite shy, although lately that's decreased. It certainly taught me to choose more carefully who I hang around with.

There is also an episode which is more fun. I used to hang around with a guy who is a little older than I am and often make sarcastic remarks or stupid jokes about him. For example, when he said something wrong I'd say things like "You're too stupid to understand that", or "That's quite easy, unless one is as stupid as you are, of course". That was nothing too bad and he didn't mind, but for some reasons, the teachers would only notice when he tried to retaliate, not my initial remarks. Or maybe they thought because he was big and strong and I wasn't that I tried to defend myself against him. Anyway, one day a teacher asked me whether I felt harassed by him and whether she should do something about it. I was quite amused and assured her that I was the bad guy, but she seemed to have some trouble to believe me.

Lavinder
23-04-06, 13:56
I'm sure you'll think of something while making rude noises in the shower Lavinder (re: the Organics shampoo advert) :vlol: :hug:

lmfao, :D I always make rude noises in the shower, with or without shampoo :mis:

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 14:04
Hi Cochrane :wve:

That sounds like emotional bullying to me with regards to the whole bus and bell episodes.

The reason you were retaliating to the older guy was a perfectly natural one. You saw someone possibly weaker than even you felt and the behaviour directed toward you from these other guys was rubbing off on you - you were using learned traits in order to gain control over at least ONE person. I doubt you meant any harm because you admitted to the teacher that you were the bad guy. Bullies never admit to their wrongdoings willingly.

I hope you are OK now. It isn't hard to see why those who are bullied become the bullies on occasion. Most school bullies are bullied at home by their parents believe it or not and this sets a dangerous precedent for whereby they are trodden on emotionally and sometimes physically at home, they repeat these behaviours on weaker people at school in order to regain some sort of control over their own failing esteem.

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 14:05
lmfao, :D I always make rude noises in the shower, with or without shampoo :mis:

Woo hoo everyone! Don't spend out on a jacuzzi, hire Lavinder for the day :p ;)

Capt. Murphy
23-04-06, 14:43
i was first bullied by my classmate when i was in the first year of my secondary school...

...this lasted 3 years. then i found out i was actually gay.GeckoKid... I'm sure you know I'm Christian and believe Homosexuality is wrong. From reading what happened to you it sounds like prison. Straight men get locked away. Then when they leave they have turned Gay. Why? I'm assuming from the sexual abuse they endured during their sentence. This also sounds like when a Child is molested then he/she grows up to also molest children. I'm not saying you would molest children since at the time the person abusing you was your same age. So it's an adolescent abusing another adolescent. Not an adult abusing a child. I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you. I would think this other kid was sexually abused by someone else. Then he goes and does the same to you. All I can say is, if anyone did that to a child of mine -what happened to you when you were younger- I'd have no regrets putting them in their rightful place. 6 :cen:ing feet under!

meansizzler
23-04-06, 14:51
All I can say is, if anyone did that to a child of mine -what happened to you when you were younger- I'd have no regrets putting them in their rightful place. 6 :cen:ing feet under!

But I thought you were Chrisitan, that's not in your nature?...

Capt. Murphy
23-04-06, 14:56
Oops. I knew someone would catch me on that one. :o I guess this is more a matter of Justice than Love.

meansizzler
23-04-06, 14:59
Oops. I knew someone would catch me on that one. :o I guess this is more a matter of Justice than Love.

Captain Psyscho!!!!!, sorry, I new a guy named that....hehehe

Angel666
23-04-06, 15:43
I used to be. This girl would say **** behind my back until I punched the ***** and sent her to the hospital.

Tramp
23-04-06, 22:34
No problem Gaz your more than welcome to it. Yes he is now long dead but I don't think it was a painful one unfortunately. He retired quite happily I believe. He was a rotten sod.

Belfastard
23-04-06, 22:40
your don't start out gay, it's just other people make you think your gay and you eventually do become gay...

Complete ignorance.

meansizzler
23-04-06, 22:46
Complete ignorance.

That's my theory, even have supporting evidence, check geckokids story..., guess your one of those kids who call people gay for now reason right?..

Belfastard
23-04-06, 22:48
That's my theory, even have supporting evidence, check geckokids story..., guess your one of those kids who call people gay for now reason right?..

I'm sorry, regardless of his story, I believe this theory is incorrect. Many men have went through their childhoold being sexually abused by grown men, and do they all turn out to be gay? Many go on to have wives and families.

Please, I suggest before you start stating things like that, you should do some research on the topic. :)

Thanks.

EDIT: I would also like to say that I'm not one of these people who call others gay for no reason. I am a homosexual man myself. I have always known I was homosexual. It came naturally to me. I have watched many documentaries about the "gay gene" and I believe their is one.

meansizzler
23-04-06, 22:53
I'm sorry, regardless of his story, I believe this theory is incorrect. Many men have went through their childhoold being sexually abused by grown men, and do they all turn out to be gay? Many go on to have wives and families.

Please, I suggest before you start stating things like that, you should do some research on the topic. :)

Thanks.

I have my own personal research, anyway of course it does not explain all reasons why people are gay, just some people, mostly those who get bullied at school...anyway i'm not trying to start anything, your makeing a big deal out of this so drop it...

Belfastard
23-04-06, 22:55
I have my own personal research, anyway of course it does not explain all reasons why people are gay, just some people, mostly those who get bullied at school...anyway i'm not trying to start anything, your makeing a big deal out of this so drop it...

? :confused:

I'm not meansizzler. I was stating MY theories and opinions on the subject like you did yourself. I'm allowed to.

Timy226
23-04-06, 22:58
I got bullied because people think i am gay, because my friends are girls etc. Its really knocked my confidence with girls and in what people think of me. I ma starting not to care what people think of me, so i am getiing over it.

I recently Had a bullying issue with my teacher. He is an ass, and it felt like he always picked on me. He picked me out of evryone and made a fool out of me about me with my test answers etc. My mum n dad went in about it and he is all nicey nice to me now:D

Belfastard
23-04-06, 23:00
I got bullied because people think i am gay, because my friends are girls etc. Its really knocked my confidence with girls and in what people think of me. I ma starting not to care what people think of me, so i am getiing over it.

Good. :)

I think it's sad that a male cannot be friends with a females without thinking their are either gay, or they fancy them! http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e234/Belfastard/b27b8eea.gif

Belfastard
23-04-06, 23:01
I recently Had a bullying issue with my teacher. He is an ass, and it felt like he always picked on me. He picked me out of evryone and made a fool out of me about me with my test answers etc. My mum n dad went in about it and he is all nicey nice to me now:D

Haha, nice one. :tmb:

That also happened to me with many teachers. They would rather educate their favourite students than the whole class; fair enough, there were a few who just didn't want to learn, but others who did suffered because of the teacher having favourites in the class.

Lara Lover
23-04-06, 23:02
i was first bullied by my classmate when i was in the first year of my secondary school, he kept slamming thin little homework books on my head when he thought i didn't make sense or something, i really didn't like it and told him to stop and asked for a change of seats, but didn't succeed. then there was this one day he slammed me again and i flipped out and used all my force with the thickest maths book on his head, i was almost a head shorter than him and just generally much smaller (he's thin, but i'm thinner). anyway he was sent to the hospital cause his head was bleeding. i was sent to the principal and stuff, all i remembered was i was crying out of panic. well i got a change of seats eventually and he didn't turn up to school for a week. my parents blamed me for doing that to him and punished me heavily as well, made me feel very guilty and ****. which lead to something worse. he started to take advantage of me, abusing me by touching my private parts and saying suggestive words, and yet i didn't do anything as i thought i asked for it somehow (thanks to my mom) everything was my fault. and he gave me head and forced me to do it back when he caught me in the loo, and stripped me naked in the cubicles, and when he heard someone came in he just went out of the cubicle without even closing the door. all that i just stood still doing nothing. this lasted 3 years. then i found out i was actually gay.

:eek:

That's mean. So, You did it for 3 Years? I would have stoped. :hea:

Timy226
23-04-06, 23:03
Yes it is. I love my freinds so much, i mean all my other groups of mates were really the bullies, gald i got out of that.
Edit: I also get it quite alot because i love playing games. I cant wait to leave my college. Meet some real open minded people. My year suck ass, apart from my friends.

Geck-o-Lizard
23-04-06, 23:03
I never understood the hypocrisy of people who'd make fun of you for the gender of your friends. They'd try and call me a lesbian for hanging out with other girls when they're surrounded only by males. Logic, please...?

Belfastard
23-04-06, 23:07
I never understood the hypocrisy of people who'd make fun of you for the gender of your friends. They'd try and call me a lesbian for hanging out with other girls when they're surrounded only by males. Logic, please...?

My point exactly.

Tramp
23-04-06, 23:09
I think they get bullied because they are gay. The bullying does not turn them gay.

A boy I went to school with and grew up with (looking back now showed stereotypical gay mannerisms) committed suicide because of bullying.

There is never any excuse for bullying.

Lara Lover
23-04-06, 23:10
I always would love to know Why bully? Like Why do people start it? :confused:

Belfastard
23-04-06, 23:14
I think they get bullied because they are gay. The bullying does not turn them gay.

A boy I went to school with and grew up with (looking back now showed stereotypical gay mannerisms) committed suicide because of bullying.

There is never any excuse for bullying.

That's sad. People who bully people so much that they commit suicide is basically murder IMO.

Timy226
23-04-06, 23:15
to make people feel like ****.

I agree Geck-O-Lizard.

I say to all people being bullied for a paticualr reason, be it being gay or 'uncool' etc. It does not matter what people think of you, be yourself. I know sometimes it does not work like that...

Tramp
23-04-06, 23:23
What was even sadder is that his mother found him. He shoved a shotgun up his ribcage, put his pillow over it and pulled both triggers. His mother thought he had dropped something in his room and went to see what it was. He was a lovely guy too, and very smart. I had known him all my life and he was only a coupld of years older than me. He was only 16.

Geck-o-Lizard
23-04-06, 23:23
I always would love to know Why bully? Like Why do people start it? :confused:

a) They need to prove themselves to fit in with their choice of friends (i.e. makes them look "hard")
b) They do it for the thrill
c) It's the only way they can think of getting into fights without risking getting beat up themselves
d) They do it to make themselves feel better about something in their own life by making others feel worse than they do
e) They're actually below-average intelligence and are unable to understand the grief they cause, just doing it because they either enjoy it or feel somehow wronged by their victim
f) They grew up with violence and don't know any other way to resolve confrontations and conflicting feelings about others

Timy226
23-04-06, 23:24
Thats horrible. There was a kid in a school in my area that kiled himself due to bulying. It was not nice, and i never knew him. God knows what the family went through.

xMiSsCrOfTx
23-04-06, 23:25
What was even sadder is that his mother found him. He shoved a shotgun up his ribcage, put his pillow over it and pulled both triggers. His mother thought he had dropped something in his room and went to see what it was. He was a lovely guy too, and very smart. I had known him all my life and he was only a coupld of years older than me. He was only 16.

Omg, that's really sad. :(

Belfastard
23-04-06, 23:28

:(

:hug: for you.

Tramp
23-04-06, 23:39
Thank You.

Angel666
23-04-06, 23:50
Such a shame. That boy could have gone on and done something great. But, because some idiot wanted to feel "macho" or whatever our world is now a lesser place.

GeckoKid
24-04-06, 14:27
:(

i do think i was never attracted to women before anyway, except lara croft... but still no sexual things involved.

Lavinder
24-04-06, 14:42

A teacher was an ass to me too. In drama we had to catch a baseball and everything he threw it to me I would drop it because i'm very nervous. He caught on that I could not catch infront of all these people and made me stand in the middle and he threw it to me untill I caught it. Naturally I got even more flustered and felt like hiding in a little ball in the corner and I felt as if I was going to faint and my palms were all sweaty ect and I missed it about 9 times and I finall caught it and he let me go and then the next lesson we did it again and he kept doing it to me. Everytime HE dropped it he would exclaim "Haha, I think ive caught Astbury (my last name) syndrome". Everyone would laugh at me and they already bullied be about my sexuality and the way I looked so that made me feel even worse.
I no longer have Drama, so I don't have to cope with him anymore.

Sorry about that ranting, I had to vent it out here :)

Belfastard
24-04-06, 14:43
But I thought you were Chrisitan, that's not in your nature?...

Good point, meansizzler! I thought he was Christian also. He's been preaching at me and others about repenting to God because we're gay. Yet if some one molested his child he'd murder them? Wow. This book called the bible is just FAB! You can lie to get into Heaven, and now God allows you to kill people?

Amazing...

meansizzler
24-04-06, 14:44
Naturally I got even more flustered and felt like hiding in a little ball in the corner and I felt as if I was going to faint and my palms were all sweaty ect

Aww...:hug:

Reggie
24-04-06, 14:46
A teacher was an ass to me too. In drama we had to catch a baseball and everything he threw it to me I would drop it because i'm very nervous. He caught on that I could not catch infront of all these people and made me stand in the middle and he threw it to me untill I caught it. Naturally I got even more flustered and felt like hiding in a little ball in the corner and I felt as if I was going to faint and my palms were all sweaty ect and I missed it about 9 times and I finall caught it and he let me go and then the next lesson we did it again and he kept doing it to me. Everytime HE dropped it he would exclaim "Haha, I think ive caught Astbury (my last name) syndrome". Everyone would laugh at me and they already bullied be about my sexuality and the way I looked so that made me feel even worse.

aww that's tight, people think it's always fellow students but it's not teachers are as much to blame, this P.E teacher used to do a similar thing with me, humiliating me in front of everyone - of course when I told the head nothing was done, since then I've learnt to enjoy P.E again :)

ace_85
24-04-06, 14:52

This sort of behaviour from teachers - or anyone with a supposed position of authority and responsibility, come to think of it - genuinely infuriates me. These are the people who are allegedly 'setting the standards' for others to follow. Oh well, Lavinder, I just hope he was proud of himself, it must have taken him so much effort to single one of his pupils out...:rolleyes:
Just rise above it, luvvie, and walk away the bigger man (well, woman :D)
:hug:

Capt. Murphy
24-04-06, 15:10
Good point, meansizzler! I thought he was Christian also. He's been preaching at me and others about repenting to God because we're gay. Yet if some one molested his child he'd murder them? Wow. This book called the bible is just FAB! You can lie to get into Heaven, and now God allows you to kill people?

Amazing...You did notice where I mentioned something about Justice. Okay. Maybe I couldn't rightfully kill anyone since that would indeed violate the 6th Commandment. Only God is just to destroy. Yes. He is a God of Love but he is also a God of Justice. I bet you've never heard that one before. God is also the only just to forgive that person that abused 'GeckoKid'. But what happened to him went on for years. At what point did GeckoKid or the P.O.C. that abused him finally decide; "ya know, maybe I should stop this/put and end to it." ?

So I'll concede that I was wrong in saying I'd kill someone that would probably end up in hell anyway.

That's the problem with SIN. It breeds more sin, trouble, and hatred. Just reading what happened to GeckoKid made me very angry.:mad:

I won't ask if you yourself (Belfastard) wouldn't approve of some sort of Justice or retribution to a fellow human being that was viscously attacked. Because I know whatever it is I say you will automatically disagree with me simply because I'm a Christian. And that is why I ask, even though I believe I'm right, why even bother saying anything?

I wonder if a Christain had been a victim of a bully or some other violent act if you would even care? I mean, seriously.

Geck-o-Lizard
24-04-06, 15:11
My sister tends to get picked on by her PE teacher. When they were doing their badminton unit, he would always fail her or give her the lowest grade for her practical performance, and pair her up with the worst girl in the class (below-average intelligence, would hit the ball behind her instead of ahead when serving, often refused to take part in the game, etc.). When the other teachers were grading their performance, she always got near top marks. :rolleyes:

Mr_X
24-04-06, 15:47
I hated my high school, mostly because I was in what everyone referred to as the "worst grade in years". Pretty much 90% of the students, both male and female, were too busy obsessessing over disfiguring and raping someone, beating people up, doing drugs, threatening to kill other students and played up to the point where the teachers in several classes would sit at their desk doing absolutly nothing for an entire semester. If that wasn't bad enough, there were several teachers and staff members who were very manipulative and abusive. There's a lot of other stuff, but it's not exactly appropriate to post on a family forum so I'll leave the details of those events at that.

Personally I believe school is nothing more than a power struggle. People crave it and they fear it. Most students don't always have the perfect lifestyles, and have to lie about their home lives to feel better about themselves. Things such as watching certain shows or listening to certain songs, their parents being together, owning the latest toy or video game console. They're too busy worrying about how everyone else sees them, letting their insecurities get the better of them that in the end, all they really care about is controlling others. It is often why so many students are always more concerned about popularity than they ever are about thier own education, until the final years of school. I can't speak for all schools, but the one thing I notice in every group of friends at the schools I've been to is that there is no respect for one another. Friendship in school is more about impressing others rather than sharing a common goal or interest.

When it comes to fearing power, it's often things they see as a threat, such as greater intelligence, talent and/or looks, along with things they simply don't understand such as religion, disabilities, homosexuality, ethnic and different lifestyles. The sad thing about this part is that the students aren't the only ones who fear power. Teachers feel threatened about things they don't know how to control or students in a higher position than they are. There was one student who already suffered from abuse in previous schools that it was impossible for him to be expelled, since what he did would come back to what he is going through. In the end it made him a target of several teachers including the school's own deputy principle.

The best way to overcome it is not to let it bother you. Bullies always seek to control you. If you can show them no signs of weakness and keep the tables reversed, eventually they won't be a problem. The moment you show any sign of them getting to you, it's when will spin way out of control - eventually to the point where nothing can be done to stop it. Trust me, I've seen what it can do to people and it's sick, especially to two particular students who were in some of my classes.

Jacob x5
24-04-06, 16:06
I get bullied frequently at school. Like today in my last lesson there was the whole class 'having a go at me'. It really annoys me, but I basically just showed no recognition of their existence. :p

gazhammer
24-04-06, 16:40
I get bullied frequently at school. Like today in my last lesson there was the whole class 'having a go at me'. It really annoys me, but I basically just showed no recognition of their existence. :p

Good for you man, sincerely.:tmb:

Of course i know that you know that isnt an option for everyone of course.;)

YvesSL
24-04-06, 16:44
Was never bullied. But I did it too others.

gazhammer
24-04-06, 16:47
Was never bullied. But I did it too others.

Really?.... please tell us more.

YvesSL
25-04-06, 11:03
More?

scoopy_loopy
25-04-06, 11:57
Ive been bullyied... I'll share my little story with you too... *clears throat*

The bullying starts years 8....

In primary school I was never picked on, or bullyied. I did get into a fight and that was against a girl and I didnt right back but my best mate (female) stepped and they had this huge cat fight it was MASSIVE.. it involved huge metal trollies on wheels... lets leave it at that. Anyways I was never picked on and was very popular... oh that was the day.

For highschool I had St. Joesphs colledge as my number 1 choice for high school to go to.. it was also the most popular chosen private school my fellow classmates where going to. However as year 7 drew to an end my father informed me that I was to attend the local grammar school. Toowoomba Grammar School (1 of the best grammar schools in australia) against my complaints and begging.

1st day of term came around and I thought i should arrive in Dad's Porsche rather than Mums minivan to "look the part" of the other grammar kids... how wrong i was. as soon as I arrived I saw that other kids arrived in more common cars and only a few in foriegn luxury cars... the pampered, spoilt, rich kids that no one liked... almost immediatly a tear appeared between my fellow year and myself, that tear being 250k worth of automobile and assumptions they made about me... The rest of the dy proceeded as normal, it was just a tour anwyays.

The second day I insisted I caught the bus.. which I did... I was WAY over my head... I was not prepared to make more friends with already having friends there with me... I sat by my self in the middle of the bus which screams "IM A YEAR 8 LOSER IN A TOOWOOMBA GRAMMAR UNIFORM! PAY ME OUT! HERE I AM, OPEN TARGET! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!"...

...After arriving at school the day proceeded like a normal school day. Starting with house meeting... where I judged the rest of the people in my grade from my house and tried to hang with someone I thought would be cool... His name was Jezz to us... he had blonde streaks in his hair, sat in an arrogant position, and was talking to everyone else. BINGO! I thought... there I'll be mates with him. So I sat down cracked a few jokes, he laughed, and then the bell rang. Turns out this kid Jezz is in my class... nice I think to myself. As we leave the venue of the house meeting this Jezz heads off to his other friends... Oh no! Turns out Jezz isnt popular, he's a wannabe! GREAT! And all that time in the hall he was a dick head to me. ******! His friends are nerds, and a sporty group walks past, several of the members are in my grade from my house. Dammit.

At my old school I was the fastest runner in my house.. I thought Id fit right in... turns out not. After following them at a distances and eavesdropping in on their conversations I work out they are talking about parties, booze, and girls, not the most spoken about things from my last school.. I was in WAY over my head. I gave up on them.

I walked to class on m own.

During the lst period of the day I asked the teacher where the bus picked the kids up after school and a boy called Angus agreed to take me there as he was catching the bus also. Angus is english.. hm..(I didnt know what the school was with culturism.. im fine with othe races) and he knows people.. great he can introduce me to his mates then Ill hve friends. Turns out his mates were the sporty groups and they forgot about him during the past year.. this guy was a fresh started like me. But at least he was fair dinkum and not a ****** like the others. He's now a good friend of mine.

3rd day. It all falls apart. Whilst waiting for the teacher to arrive for one of my classes one of the sporty group approached me and asked the most dreaded question of high-school life that signals the beginning of your bullying no matter what you answere:

"I'm not trying to be mean or anything (YEH RIGHT MATE!) but are you... (wait for it) gay?" (*******, thanks "skewesy" ill skewer you in a minute! ******!)

my answere whilst trying to shrug it off:

"*sarcstically* Yeeaaahh! *truthfully* No im not"

he smirks then takes off back to his little group. Ive never been asked that or anything like that before, i felt bad.. that was never the case unless it was the teachers doing at my old school.

Throughout the rest of the year they called me "*gay voise*Joshii" and slapped my arse, asked about my boyfriends, asked me to rate other guys arses and what anal sex was like. After nearly that whole year of not telling someone everything that ws going on, I had a breakdown. I cried for hours. And I hadnt cried for about 3 years before that. I hid in my cubbord because I was so embarresed.
Still I didnt do anything about it because going to the school counsellor was "gay"

YEAR 9: THE COLLAPSE OF THE MATTHEW FAMILY

In term 1 of this year my dad moved out. Took his porsche, took his money, his girlfriends which he had affairs with whilst married to mum and moved to the coast.

after this I lost all means to retaliate to the bullying, I made no comebacks, I didnt sleep for days.

However during term 2 when they most probably got bored of bullying me they started picking on of my few mates Angus. I lost it, punch ups were had. Yelling in corridors, arguments in class no matter who the teacher. That ****ED ME OFF!

This is when mum forced me to see the counsellor, she said someone has to know because the fighting will get worse and I want the school to know you had a reason. So I went. Also about this time angus' old friends started coming around and we went back to his old group. A bigger group, bigger than then sporty group, now I had back-up in all my classes, and they retaliated agianst the now marginilised bullying made by the sporty group. Life picked up.

start of term 1, year 10. The sporty group starts up again with thier bullying and make me extremely anxientous, ontop of the fct that it was year 10 and school was a stressor in itself. I developed a condition known as irritable bowel syndrome. It makes you feel really sick and that you are busting for the loo over the smallest amount of stress. I developed this condition because of "too much stress over too long a time" my social life almost drowned, along with what was left of my confidence.

TIME FOR A CHANGE: Now with dad outta the house I asked mum to get me into St. Joesphs Colledge, she pullled strings and I got an interview with the headmaster of the school. I showed him my report card and we chatted. And I was accepted into the school.

For the rest of the term at Toowoomba Grammar School i bummed around and really ****ed my bullies off.

ARRIVAL AT ST> JOEYS

so far its going prety good, but its only been 4 days so I cant tell for sure. My old friends arent making an effort to make me feel welcome. Apart from the girls, lol. However recently a small group of guys hve welcome me introduced me and everything, however im pretty sure there not as cool as they come.. slighty geeky.. but they are OK and no one really cares s long as they arent going to the library every lunch. Now I need to decid between the two groups, I cant see them together in 100 million years. Starting tomorrow im going to make a real effort to fit into the bigger grup of my old friends....

TO BE CONTINUED>>>

Oh im sad now. Dont ask me to relive that again.

ace_85
25-04-06, 12:56
I've just finished reading this Scoopy and I can relate to nearly everything you're talking about, even down to the IBS which I also suffer from and which started up in my mid-teens (looking back now, probably for very similar reasons). It sounds like things are picking up for you though and, if it helps, I've been there, got the T-shirt, and came out the other side ok. :) It's not always easy to think - and usually harder to believe - but situations have a way of getting better, usually when you're least expecting it. Things have certainly become much easier for me as I've gotten older and I'm sure they will for you too. Just stick with it, and everything else will fall into place eventually :)

scoopy_loopy
25-04-06, 13:04
you have IBS also? How do you deal with it? you just do? or you know tips? Yeah its not as bad now... way less stress at joeys. Its good to meet someone i can relate too.

gazhammer
25-04-06, 13:16
Thanks for sharing scoopy loopy, i hope that sharing that with everyone may help towards you gaining some closure.(fingers crossed):)

ace 85 has some good advice, and i can also reveal that, us Human Beings are a lot stronger than we think, and i hope you feel the same way when your a little older like myself.:).

Personally what i have always wanted to do is, organize a network of people across the planet via the internet, introduce them to others in their area, then have these groups making tactical assaults against all the bullies of this World.

After the BULLY has been conquered we could then concentrate on PAEDOPHILES/RAPISTS etc, and carry on from there.:tmb:

ace_85
25-04-06, 13:17
Scoopy,

Yep, it's a bit of a curse, the ol' IBS, especially when you can tell that you're going to have a bad day (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about! ;)) I find that getting enough sleep, and making sure I'm well organised helps me to avoid the stress that can bring it on. Oh, and eating fibre-rich foods, like brown bread rather than white really helps too. You can also get some medication (which you take about 20 mins before you eat) that helps, but I think that's only available through your GP :tmb:

scoopy_loopy
25-04-06, 21:07
thanks for the tip ace!