PDA

View Full Version : Load-Balancing. Save Your Posts!

SUGARPIE
22-04-06, 12:17
Hello,

Just read Gazhammer's querie on the closed thread.

As I can't add there I just wanted to offer a suggestion in that folk get into the habit of highlighting their posts before sending them and copying the text (CTRL and C). That way, should the site lose your post due to any technical errors or back-ups, all you need to do is start a new reply when the site is running again and copy your post in (CTRL and V).

I do this almost every time in case I lose lengthy missives :)

gazhammer
22-04-06, 12:21
Hello,

Just read Gazhammer's querie on the closed thread.

As I can't add there I just wanted to offer a suggestion in that folk get into the habit of highlighting their posts before sending them and copying the text (CTRL and C). That way, should the site lose your post due to any technical errors or back-ups, all you need to do is start a new reply when the site is running again and copy your post in (CTRL and V).

I do this almost every time in case I lose lengthy missives :)

Wish you'd posted that earlier.:D Good idea SUGARPIE:tmb:

Nephili
22-04-06, 12:21
Sounds good Sugapie :tmb:

Ive lost posts a few times, but with your techinique, not anymore :D

Kamrusepas
22-04-06, 12:31
I tend to do that too :)

SUGARPIE
22-04-06, 12:31
You're welcome, it's just getting into the habit of doing it! Mind you don't do what I did recently though, instead of pressing CTRL and C I accidentally pressed CTRL and V while my text was highlighted and overwrote the lot with a previous save LOL :(

Belfastard
22-04-06, 12:32
You're welcome, it's just getting into the habit of doing it! Mind you don't do what I did recently though, instead of pressing CTRL and C I accidentally pressed CTRL and V while my text was highlighted and overwrote the lot with a previous save LOL :(

Bless. :hug:

Capt. Murphy
22-04-06, 12:37
I've had this happen to me numerous times. You can't copy, but if you click the http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/editor/switchmode.gif button it changes it over to ACTUAL text :eek:. Then you can copy.

But I think you can also WAIT. I tried it once, hit refresh after so long... And Vịla. :p I felt so stupid giving up and going browsing to someplace else and my post being truly lost.

It would, however, been great to have known this feature existed all those times I typed out a long post then thinking all my work was for naught. :mad: :(

tlr online
22-04-06, 12:39
The former post was closed so it wouldn't turn into a bashing or a "this has happened to me and I'm so mad" thread, as has this one.

Please don't do it again.