PDA

View Full Version : Ico

BlackGrey
22-04-06, 12:18
I've just started playing and its amazing, has any one else experienced this great game? :p Don't post spoilers as i'm only at the beginning!

ace_85
22-04-06, 12:27
Yep, Ico is a classic. I first played it when it came out on PS2 about 3 or 4 years ago, and decided to buy it when it was re-released at the same time as Shadow of the Colussus. I loved the sense of scale in the castle, and the way that you have to look after Yorda constantly :)

BlackGrey
22-04-06, 12:28
Do you know what to do once you've got here out of the cage?

Belfastard
22-04-06, 12:30
Is that the COOL game in which you hold this ghost-girl's hand and you have to led her about everywhere you go?

ace_85
22-04-06, 12:32
Do you know what to do once you've got here out of the cage?
Have you left the room yet? Only Yorda can open the stone doors at the bottom. I can't remember the exact next bit if you have already left, but I might be able to help if you can jog my memory :D

Jebus
22-04-06, 13:11
yes, that is the AWESOME game where you lead the 'ghost girl' around by holding her hand, i absoltely love this game to beyond death. In the topic, what is your fave game of all time, i voted ICO. This game makes me passionate about gaming, it is a timeless classic and a landmark in gaming history.

BlackGrey
22-04-06, 13:58
Aww i went off :p Um... yeah thanks for the advice and it does feel like a really great game :D

Neteru
22-04-06, 19:58
I loved this game. Such a shame that I can no longer play it since giving away my PS2

Is that the COOL game in which you hold this ghost-girl's hand and you have to led her about everywhere you go?

Yes, that's the one.

ChocChipCookie
22-04-06, 21:47
I love Ico. It's one of my favourite games. Hope you enjoy it, I think you will :D :tmb:

Gabi
22-04-06, 22:52
I loved this game. Such a shame that I can no longer play it since giving away my PS2

Isn't there a PC version?

Neteru
22-04-06, 23:10
As far as I'm aware Gabi, it was only ever released for PS2. So stupid in my view for such a great game.

RoseTyler
23-04-06, 00:16
I've been meaning to buy this game for years! Ever since I played the demo. I absolutely love it! Its just difficult to get hold of.

Zip
23-04-06, 10:17
Did you buy the new plastic case version ???

I had the original in the card case for the ps2 and well i traded it in for Legend and i got 32 for it i was amazed but i do miss the game

ChocChipCookie
23-04-06, 10:29
I've been meaning to buy this game for years! Ever since I played the demo. I absolutely love it! Its just difficult to get hold of.

Have you tried Amazon? I've got hold of pretty old titles from there in the past :)

BlackGrey
23-04-06, 11:47
I'm still playing it and i think the gameplay is addictive :jmp: Yes Neteru it is beyond me why they didn't release it for the PC, they would have got good sales i reckon :(

Jebus
23-04-06, 13:23

I had the original in the card case for the ps2 and well i traded it in for Legend and i got £32 for it i was amazed but i do miss the game

thats what the version i have, they cost around the same price to buy second hand too, they are very rare and i will never give mine away, it is the same style (parchment like case) to Shadow of The Colossus, did you have the art cards, i still have them!

oh yeah and Rose, they re-released it here in the UK at a brilliant price of around £20!!! so try your local game retailer

Neteru
23-04-06, 16:50
Yes Neteru it is beyond me why they didn't release it for the PC, they would have got good sales i reckon :(Just doesn't make sense does it? I think they did themselves out of a lot of sales there.

oocladableeblah
23-04-06, 17:31
ya i have i beat it to i think they should make a sequel unless there is no way (i dont remember the ending, been so long)

oocladableeblah
23-04-06, 17:35

I had the original in the card case for the ps2 and well i traded it in for Legend and i got 32 for it i was amazed but i do miss the game
what are you talking about? arent all ps2 game in plastic cases.

Neteru
23-04-06, 17:57
No. You can get some games that are packaged differently. My copy of Ico was a limited edition in a cardboard case with some postcards.