PDA

View Full Version : Have you Had Anything Published?

TombRaiderLover
22-04-06, 13:52
I've had two poems published. How about you?

Kamrusepas
22-04-06, 13:53
Well if you don't count that I've written two christmas plays for our school, then no :)

SUGARPIE
Yes I have had quite a bit published and I used to write a column for an army mag :)

gazhammer
I think i'll give up now then.:( :D

xMiSsCrOfTx
22-04-06, 13:55
A few poems, nothing really special... Yet. :p I want to have novels published some day, because I want to be a writer. :)

SUGARPIE
22-04-06, 13:56
I'd never have the commitment to write a book though, I am better at short articles or letter-writing. I got the star letter once from a woman's magazine and I started from there. But for every successful writer there are hundreds and thousands who won't make it. It's a tough field to succeed at and often a case of who you know and not what you write!

Ampersand
22-04-06, 13:56
Nothing yet, unless you count a few quizzes and wordsearches on the back of a uni mag. :D I'm writing a couple of novels though. :)

xMiSsCrOfTx
22-04-06, 13:57
I'd never have the commitment to write a book though, I am better at short articles or letter-writing. I got the star letter once from a woman's magazine and I started from there. But for every successful writer there are hundreds and thousands who won't make it. It's a tough field to succeed at and often a case of who you know and not what you write!

I've written a few 'books' (if you will). Two of them were erased when we got rid of my old computer, I decided not to save them, because I didn't like them... I started writing one a few months ago, but it hasn't really been progressing very well. :p

TombRaiderLover
22-04-06, 13:59
A few poems, nothing really special... Yet. :p I want to have novels published some day, because I want to be a writer. :)

Same here. I'm writing a story at the moment.

Elysia
22-04-06, 14:00
I've got a picture in a roleplaying guide (book) and my artwork is sold through an American website (obviously I get paid for it!), available as prints, T-Shirts, mousemats etc.

SUGARPIE
Wow Misscroft, are you writing fiction? There is some sort of structure to writing a book - the beginning, middle and end plus the character development but I would find it too easy to wander off track and would end up with a disjointed story!

I did try a book once for Mills and Boon but lost interest a few chapters in!

xMiSsCrOfTx
Same here. I'm writing a story at the moment.

Awesome, so am I! What's yours about? :D

Wow Misscroft, are you writing fiction?

The two that were erased were fiction. The third one wasn't, and the one I'm currently writing is somewhat of a love story, so realistic fiction I guess. :)

Lara Lover
22-04-06, 14:03
I've never got anything Published but, I am writing a novel. I've hardly started writing it but, I have jotted down some notes in my notebook.

My sister has got poem's published. Also, My cousin has written a book and getting it published soon :tmb:

TombRaiderLover
22-04-06, 14:04
Awesome, so am I! What's yours about? :D

A man named Ben returns to England, where he grew up. He hasn't been there for twelve years and has stayed in America hoping for some peace. He visits his brother, who apparently hates Americans with a passion. Ben hides the fact that he loved America. Meanwhile, news reports state that American immigrants are being attacked. Ben soon finds out that his brother is a violent alcoholic who hangs around at a pub every night with a group of friends who hate Americans also and could be resposible for the attacks.

I'm planning on making Ben join the 'club' and begin to hate America.

The story is called 'The Immigrant.'

MiCkiZ88
22-04-06, 14:04
Only two posters that I made..

If you caunt an video for school marketing that would also be on my list..

xMiSsCrOfTx
22-04-06, 14:06
A man named Ben returns to England, where he grew up. He hasn't been there for twelve years and has stayed in America hoping for some peace. He visits his brother, who apparently hates Americans with a passion. Ben hides the fact that he loved America. Meanwhile, news reports state that American immigrants are being attacked. Ben soon finds out that his brother is a violent alcoholic who hangs around at a pub every night with a group of friends who hate Americans also and could be resposible for the attacks.

That sounds raelly good... Once you're done, remember to send it to me! Or maybe I'll be buying it someday! :D

TombRaiderLover
22-04-06, 14:07
That sounds raelly good... Once you're done, remember to send it to me! Or maybe I'll be buying it someday! :D

I hope so.

I also wrote a story years ago about a woman who is forced by her mother-in-law into committing murder.

Croft06
22-04-06, 14:10

Sounds ish like vague plot for Green Street. Have you seen it? If not, spooky coincidence :eek:

I've had a poem published, when I was ten, and its in a book. :D

xMiSsCrOfTx
22-04-06, 14:10
I also wrote a story years ago about a woman who is forced by her mother-in-law into committing murder.

Wow, do you still have it? That sounds like something I'd definitely read. I love murder stories.

TombRaiderLover
22-04-06, 14:11
Wow, do you still have it? That sounds like something I'd definitely read. I love murder stories.

I think I lent it to one of my teachers and she never gave it back. Oh well.

TombRaiderLover
22-04-06, 14:12
Sounds ish like vague plot for Green Street. Have you seen it? If not, spooky coincidence :eek:

I've had a poem published, when I was ten, and its in a book. :D

Never seen Green Street.

xMiSsCrOfTx
22-04-06, 14:13
I think I lent it to one of my teachers and she never gave it back. Oh well.

Damn, that really sucks! I would've asked for it back. :eek:

Awesome Croft06, where was your poem published? :D

Croft06
22-04-06, 14:14
Never seen Green Street.
Watch it, although, it's fairly violent (ie, very) About a guy who comes over to UK from America, through his step brothers-brother (not a fan of Americans) , he gets into football firm, the Green Street Elite.

TombRaiderLover
22-04-06, 14:15

It wasn't in Once Upon A Rhyme: Poems From the Midlands or My Favourite Person, was it?

TombRaiderLover
22-04-06, 14:15
Watch it, although, it's fairly violent (ie, very) About a guy who comes over to UK from America, through his step brothers-brother (not a fan of Americans) , he gets into football firm, the Green Street Elite.

Oh no, my story is alot like it. AHHHHHH!!!!

Croft06
22-04-06, 14:18

Errm a poetry book of childrens poem, "Up, up and Away, West Sussex" was a competition. Is a damn cool poem.

"My Cat
My cat's a demon in disguise,
A wicked beast with crystal eyes,
Though in the day she is sweet and gentle,
In the night she is quite fatal!"
Maddie Russell (9)
Easebourne Primary School"

Opps correct myself, I was 9. And I assure you, that isn't the worse one in the book :D

TombRaiderLover
22-04-06, 14:20
Mine was in a competition too.

Croft06
22-04-06, 14:21
Bet it's better than mine :D

xMiSsCrOfTx
22-04-06, 14:22
That's an awesome poem, Croft! :tmb:

Croft06
22-04-06, 14:22
Hehe, why thank you :ton:

Lost_Raider
22-04-06, 14:40
I posted a game guide on Gamefaqs...that is it for now...

I'm gonna finish a design document for my client next week and release it within my university...I think that counts.

keebz
22-04-06, 16:12
i really want to become a writer when i grow up and am interested alot in writing. but, whenever i sit down with a pen and notebook to write, my brain goes blank. i think of what to write for an hour, then just walk away...:( i can never think of anything to write!!! :hea: im 14 btw.

anyaways, one of my drawings was published when i was in 1st grade!!:D in the school magazine!! god, i remember those doodles i titled "christmas"!!:vlol:

Shauni
22-04-06, 17:58
Some artwork. :) And I did voice acting for a movie trailer. :D

(Unfortunately the movie was canceled, so I can't count the fact that I did voice acting for a movie since it was never published. :( )

Lavinder
22-04-06, 18:01
Nope, but I do write :) All are not suitable for this forum :)

CerebralAssassin
23-04-06, 03:09
wow,a lot of writers here..:)