PDA

View Full Version : The whos in europe here thread

Lew
22-04-06, 15:07
Hey, whos in europe here? I'd make an American one but i dont like in america unfortunatly.

xMiSsCrOfTx
22-04-06, 15:08
I'm in America but I don't like it here. :(

Kamrusepas
22-04-06, 15:08
My dream is to move to America :eek:

TombRaiderLover
22-04-06, 15:09
I live in Europe.

Lew
22-04-06, 15:09

awwwww why i want to live there sooooo much! but from people who i've told they had to say bad things like the nighclubs are much better in Europe than America. I'm only 13! i dont care most of the time :P

Ross
22-04-06, 15:10
i'd move to America if i could. never been there but im sure its great!

Lara Lover
22-04-06, 15:11
I'm in Northern Ireland. :)

I want to move to Tokyo :D

Angel_14
22-04-06, 15:14
I'm from moddle Europe and I wanna move to America! :D

badboy70
22-04-06, 15:28
i am, belgium

Lara Croft!
22-04-06, 15:31
I was born and still live in Greece-Europe.
I want to go to an echange student's programme (Erasmus) in a couple/3 years to live for 6 months in another European Country.I'm thinking Holland or German(someplace where the majority of men are blond with blue eyes....ahhhhhh).Any suggestions??

Thorir
22-04-06, 15:32
Norway here...:)

SUGARPIE
22-04-06, 15:32
I used to dream about living in the States but in reality the grass is rarely any greener. I'd sure like to visit the USA but as for living there, I'm not sure I would want to live so far from family. Plus you have all that medical insurance and other disadvantages.

Their are crosses to bear wherever you live :)

An acquaintance of mine is due to move to the UK but it will be a huge culture shock I am sure. It all sounds rather good on paper and in theory but I doubt people find it easy to set up home in a strange country and get used to the different customs.

Lew
22-04-06, 15:34
Yeah but are the US and UK pratically the same? aside from some differences eg. chavs

Lara Lover
22-04-06, 15:34
I used to dream about living in the States but in reality the grass is rarely any greener. I'd sure like to visit the USA but as for living there, I'm not sure I would want to live so far from family. Plus you have all that medical insurance and other disadvantages.

Their are crosses to bear wherever you live :)

An acquaintance of mine is due to move to the UK but it will be a huge culture shock I am sure. It all sounds rather good on paper and in theory but I doubt people find it easy to set up home in a strange country and get used to the different customs.

That's true. Everyone just think's of moving to the States as the American Dream. It's not that easy. I would love to visit there. Not to live there though.

:)

Zip
22-04-06, 15:35
Im in the uk and i frequently fly to Jersey but thats still in europe so

Lew
22-04-06, 15:38
is Jersey in the UK or is it its own lil country? I've never actually noticed this.

tr_amanda
22-04-06, 15:40
I live in Germany but I always wanted to live in America..but I'm not sure anymore

clairelovestlc
22-04-06, 15:41
Im in the great british countryside, sitting in the garden at the mo with a glass of white wine :)

Good old wirless internet!

Lew
22-04-06, 15:45
lol hehe i live in Yorkshire i like it actually theres more things to do. :)

SUGARPIE
22-04-06, 15:47
Americans seem to have bigger houses however, but aren't most constructed of wood? Here in the UK they sell you as little as possible and charge you as much as they can get away with! I think some Americans would be shocked at the size of some of our terraced houses - especially those with only a front door and a window up and downstairs at the front. You know the sort I mean - they are all painted bright colours and are incredibly small.

Catlantean
22-04-06, 15:47
I live in Croatia. Which is in Europe, at least geographically :D

As for USA, I'd like to visit it. But live there, not so sure. It's just too different from what I'm used to, people and all.

Ross
22-04-06, 15:48
and Americans have cool cars!

Lew
22-04-06, 15:48
aparently another country is becoming rich enough to get in.

meansizzler
22-04-06, 16:13
London, England, but I'd like to visit the US, mainly West Virginia, Newbraska, and Sandiego CA, I know some peeps down there...oh and Vancouver Island...

Real Life Lara
22-04-06, 16:17
Scotland :wve:

MiCkiZ88
22-04-06, 16:22
Finland.. It's boring here..

Pipolinne
22-04-06, 16:22
Portugal and very happy for living in Europe :).

meansizzler
22-04-06, 16:30

I can imagine, so is it all snow there?...

MiCkiZ88
22-04-06, 16:33
I can imagine, so is it all snow there?...
hahahaha!!! that's the best I've got today.. nope..
in summer it can be +30 celsius here... now its +10 and in sun light it's +20
a normal spring weather...

FourBalls
22-04-06, 16:33
It's boring here in Estonia too...As it is a bit more south than Finland, it's still almost the same.

Lew
22-04-06, 16:34
yeah spring is good for rollerblading :P

Eleanna123
22-04-06, 16:37
Europe-Greece. It's a pretty place but I don't like the people here very much. I think I would rather live in England, better shops there too :D

Grenade
22-04-06, 16:39
I live in Manchester, which is in England..:)

MiCkiZ88
22-04-06, 16:40
yeah spring is good for rollerblading :P
:) can you beliave me.. I've never roller bladed.. :D

Lara Lover
22-04-06, 16:41
Well, I was born in Canada. I wanna go there to see all my family again. I hate it over here. It feels like I don't belong here.

:(

Lew
22-04-06, 16:42
I live in Manchester, which is in England..:)
I live near there! i went there for New Year it was great, my friends lives there too! and its pretty near Trafford Centre :P shops hehehe :P

@ Micki :O:O:O:O:O:O:O

MiCkiZ88
22-04-06, 16:45
I live near there! i went there for New Year it was great, my friends lives there too! and its pretty near Trafford Centre :P shops hehehe :P

@ Micki :O:O:O:O:O:O:O
Ive skated but not rollerbladed :p lol.. I think I might just buy me ones...

Betal
22-04-06, 16:48
I'm from north Europe. in sweden:)

Lew
22-04-06, 16:54
Ive skated but not rollerbladed :p lol.. I think I might just buy me ones...
:tmb: well the best place to pratice is on a park smooth concrete football/basketball court :)

jamieoliver22
22-04-06, 16:56
ENGLAND!!! ENGLAND!!!

And yes, I am from England :p

MiCkiZ88
:tmb: well the best place to pratice is on a park smooth concrete football/basketball court :)
yup.. Im not that bad on balance though :p ... I tryed skate boarding though

Jack Croft
Me Enlgand Baby :wve:

T-Raider
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Gloucester - England - EuropeCOLOR]

Lew
22-04-06, 17:00
im crap at skateboarding lol i fell over at like 1 mph =]

MiCkiZ88
22-04-06, 17:02
im crap at skateboarding lol i fell over at like 1 mph =]
:D

Lew
22-04-06, 17:11
i think i broke it as well hm....the skateboard

lee32uk
22-04-06, 17:13
Manchester,England...born and bred :D

Lew
22-04-06, 17:14
Manchester rocks! it has good shops :p

SUGARPIE
22-04-06, 17:15
Manchester,England...born and bred :D

So that's why Richard and Judy left the Manchester Docks then :D

I was in Manchester recently, causing havoc at the airport in customary style :p

Draco
22-04-06, 17:16
I wouldn't mind living in Europe for awhile.

Lew
22-04-06, 17:16
So that's why Richard and Judy left the Manchester Docks then :D

I was in Manchester recently, causing havoc at the airport in customary style :p

LMAO!

ILG49ers
22-04-06, 17:17
I'm happy to say I'm from the USA! :yah: America rocks! :D :p

Lew
22-04-06, 17:20

finally someone has said something good ab out America to me =] :)

has anyone been told aparently that UK has a secret or something? i wasnt listenin in geog to know but i heard dont tell anyone not born in the UK so meh lol

MiCkiZ88
22-04-06, 17:23
nice to hear that.. dont panic but tomorrow morning I just watched a document about a magma crest right under America.. showing It could explode... and destroy half of the earth... after that would come an ice age... no joking... :confused:

RoseTyler
22-04-06, 17:40
I'm in England :D I don't ever want to leave!

Forwen
22-04-06, 17:50
nice to hear that.. dont panic but tomorrow morning I just watched a document about a magma crest right under America.. showing It could explode... and destroy half of the earth... after that would come an ice age... no joking... :confused:

Eh?

Poland here. I HATE it. The Official European Whining Nation whose best noticable trait is screwing up historic chances. In its lazy everyday life it's no better. And what pains me most is that I'm no different. I need to change the environment before it's too late!

jarhead
22-04-06, 17:52
England -do doooo do dooooo

i wouldnt mind living in america but only if it was a busling city and not somewhere like the prarie or a desert area. however i wouldnt mind living anywhere in the world

Croft06
22-04-06, 17:55
Eh?

Poland here. I HATE it. The Official European Whining Nation whose best noticable trait is screwing up historic chances. In its lazy everyday life it's no better. And what pains me most is that I'm no different. I need to change the environment before it's too late!
Ooo Poland, do you have a crazy surname, I know a Polish guy whos surname I can't spell :D

English country side :D

Janny
22-04-06, 18:00
I live in Europe :yah:

Forwen
22-04-06, 18:06
Ooo Poland, do you have a crazy surname, I know a Polish guy whos surname I can't spell :D

I myself don't have any tongue-ripping surname, but the surname-on-duty that we scare foreigners with is Brzęczyszczykiewicz. Never met anyone with it though :p

Yeah, Polish is a language of consonants. My native speaker from America once decided she'd be buying "brzoskwiniowa drożdżówka" (type of a cake) at a local bakery just to learn how to pronounce it. Still has much to learn imo :ton:

Apofiss
22-04-06, 18:37
lol hehe i live in Yorkshire i like it actually theres more things to do. :)

Aw yesh.. most of Yorkshire looks nice.. except Bradf.... ><

Europe, Latvia.. I couldn't imagine better place to live hehe :p

Lew
22-04-06, 18:42

hehe very true :P

Airave
22-04-06, 18:46
I spent about the first half of my life in Southern California
and Oregon, and the second half in Germany (more or less
with some mixing in between). I like and dislike them both
(Europe and USA) for various reasons. Enjoy them both though.

Airave
22-04-06, 18:58
Eh?

Greetings to you, Forwen! I have Polish blood in my veins
and a last name of minor Polish nobility. One of the major
problems about Poland (historically) is that the Poles are
fiercely independant individualists and could never band
together against a common enemy. They fought heroically
in all wars, but never as a team...

Perhaps those years of Soviet occupation have changed the spirit...,
I dunno... I need to modernize my knowledge on Poland.

MiCkiZ88
22-04-06, 19:01

I can.. A paradise island to suit all youre needs...

Lew
22-04-06, 19:03

and it has to have EVERYTHING I WANT IN IT MWAHAHAHA

Lost_Soul
22-04-06, 19:15
Europe-Estonia*stupid country(Tomb Raider Legend is still not in the stores here)* Only about...ugh...6 more endless years and then I can move to England :cln:

Forwen
22-04-06, 19:23
Greetings to you, Forwen! I have Polish blood in my veins
and a last name of minor Polish nobility. One of the major
problems about Poland (historically) is that the Poles are
fiercely independant individualists and could never band
together against a common enemy. They fought heroically
in all wars, but never as a team...

Perhaps those years of Soviet occupation have changed the spirit...,
I dunno... I need to modernize my knowledge on Poland.

And the problem about Polish historic consciousness is that many still consider "fiercely independent individuality" a good quality per se - but should we "de-romantice" this term, then it's simply an excuse for Polish failures used by poets and a smart-sounding cover for primitive pugnacity and indolence in the mouths of historians. Heroism without efectiveness is amusing at its core. Bismarck once said that Polish are poets in politics and politicians in poetry, which in the scale of international politics could be nothing but a downright tragedy.

EDIT: Sorry for the edits... Several language mistakes

SkyGirl
22-04-06, 19:33
I'm from Europe. I live in a island...I don't complain about it...it's actually good :P But I would like to live in Canada :)
I'm from Azores by the way :P

jarhead
22-04-06, 19:39
azores- that sounds so exotic

Lew
22-04-06, 19:40
yeah it does :tmb:

ILG49ers
22-04-06, 19:41

:eek: How don't you like America?

Ampersand
22-04-06, 19:42
I'm in Europe. England, to be (a little bit more) exact. :D

I wish I was somewhere else though, with lots of sunshine and better restaurants. :pi:

Airave
And the problem about Polish historic consciousness is that many still consider "fiercely independent individuality" a good quality per se - but should we "de-romantice" this term, then it's simply an excuse for Polish failures used by poets and a smart-sounding cover for primitive pugnacity and indolence in the mouths of historians. Heroism without efectiveness is amusing at its core. Bismarck once said that Polish are poets in politics and politicians in poetry, which in the scale of international politics could be nothing but a downright tragedy.

EDIT: Sorry for the edits... Several language mistakes

You certainly live there and I don't. Thank you for an intellegent
and thought provoking post. Respect.:tmb: Excellent.

Apofiss

Naahhh.. that would be tooo perfect, too boring to live lol :D :p

laracroft2122
22-04-06, 21:25
Europe here

Tomb Raider Master
22-04-06, 21:37
I live in Croatia (Europe :D) and I love it. :)

Lara Croft!
23-04-06, 00:00
Europe-Greece. It's a pretty place but I don't like the people here very much. I think I would rather live in England, better shops there too :D
I agree about the shops,but.....Why don't u like the people???:confused: :confused: :confused:

tr_mitch
23-04-06, 00:13
England here- Some of the nicest people iv met are from greece.

Lara Croft!
23-04-06, 00:36
England here- Some of the nicest people iv met are from greece.
Really?That's nice to know.And imagine u haven't met ME yet!!!:D

GeckoKid
23-04-06, 00:44
Americans seem to have bigger houses however, but aren't most constructed of wood? Here in the UK they sell you as little as possible and charge you as much as they can get away with! I think some Americans would be shocked at the size of some of our terraced houses - especially those with only a front door and a window up and downstairs at the front. You know the sort I mean - they are all painted bright colours and are incredibly small.
to a guy from hong kong houses in the uk are actually quite big and relatively cheap....

btw i'm from hong kong, currently in the uk, flys to germany quite often.

CerebralAssassin
23-04-06, 01:08
there is no nightlife here in america:mad: In europe the clubs and nightlife are so much better..

meansizzler
23-04-06, 01:10
to a guy from hong kong houses in the uk are actually quite big and relatively cheap....

btw i'm from hong kong, currently in the uk, flys to germany quite often.

YOur froml hong kong, no wonder that kid who bullied you gave you head, I saw it happen once in a hong kong film, i think it was called "made in hong kong"

GeckoKid
23-04-06, 01:24
YOur froml hong kong, no wonder that kid who bullied you gave you head, I saw it happen once in a hong kong film, i think it was called "made in hong kong"
what?!

SpongeBob Lover
23-04-06, 07:06
:eek: How don't you like America?
yes Miss Croft why?? I like america but i want to go visit Europe!!

Lonely Istari
23-04-06, 07:10
I'd make an American one but i dont like in america unfortunatly.

:( We're not that bad

Maureen Errant
23-04-06, 07:11
Don't know about the clubs in Europe..........but where I live (pop 379) you make your own entertainment........pub was nice and busy tonight.........yup.:jmp:
there is no nightlife here in america:mad: In europe the clubs and nightlife are so much better..

CerebralAssassin
23-04-06, 07:18
I'm european:jmp: :jmp: :jmp: Yay!

Lonely Istari
23-04-06, 07:20
Then why does your location say you're from St. Louis, Missouri? :whi: :p

Maureen Errant
23-04-06, 07:30
I'm european:jmp: :jmp: :jmp: Yay!

:p
Now look who's bouncy...........shall we boun:hea: never mind:o

Lew
23-04-06, 08:45
:( We're not that bad

Whoops OMG no i dont live in america i meant, sorry :( :)

CerebralAssassin
23-04-06, 08:48
Then why does your location say you're from St. Louis, Missouri? :whi: :p
I mean I"m of european descent..Greek to be exact...:D

ingistefans
23-04-06, 08:50
One from Iceland here, its a tiny little ugly country right next to Greenland... the only reason people know us is because of Björk and the fact alot of big budget movies are shot here because the Icelandic government are a bunch of suck upps who want everyone to like them!!! ***BITTER***

Lew
23-04-06, 08:52
One from Iceland here, its a tiny little ugly country right next to Greenland... the only reason people know us is because of Björk and the fact alot of big budget movies are shot here because the Icelandic government are a bunch of suck upps who want everyone to like them!!! ***BITTER***

I'm sure its not just all that.

Jebus
23-04-06, 09:13
i'm in the UK,