PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill - the film

Rivendell
22-04-06, 22:40
Just came back from seeing it.

The best game-film conversion to date in my opinion.

I loved it. It was totally disturbing and kept the atmosphere you felt in SH1 and 2 perfectly. The sort of "oh no, no no don't go in there, here's nice and safe!" feeling.

All the place names - from the game, street names etc all correct. Even some characters like Dahlia Gillespie, Cheryl the cop - both in it. You go in the school, the hotel, and the dreaded hospital and it's dark and rusted depths. Beware Pyramid Head, pretty damn scary...

The music is almost a direct rip, it's brilliant.

Direction, fantastic - some of the camera angles were perfectly like the game.

It's a 15 - somehow - it Definitely should be 18. Skins torn off, barb wire rape, blood blood blood, stabbage, slitting, rotting, greatly disturbing stuff! If you liked the game, you'll love the film. If you've not played, but liked the film, you'll love the game.

Great film. Really great, go see it NOW.

Welcome to Silent Hill :jmp:

-Rivendell-

jarhead
22-04-06, 22:44
barb wire rape??- what happened

tr_mitch
23-04-06, 00:21
Im glad you posted this :) im planning on seeing it next saturday. Sure does look awesome... plus its 2 hours long which is good... since its 15 i didnt think i'd have high expectations for it... since usually the best horror films are 18's with the exception of a few i.e the ring.
I'm 16 anyways so i will have to go watch it, even if it was an 18 i'd probs go and watch it at the cinema like i did with 'the hills have eyes'
tis good to look older than you are :d

xMiSsCrOfTx
23-04-06, 01:33
OMG the barbed wire part was DISGUSTING!!!! :(:(:( But, it was an awesome movie. I really liked the music, especially the song where she was running with Cheryl the cop around the corner of that street. It was pretty scary, and Pyramid Head was awesome! :D

viper456
23-04-06, 02:21
i just saw this tonight!! it was a great film :) didnt inspire me to play the games though, they still scare me to much lol

Spitfire
23-04-06, 02:26
Silent Hill - 10/10
Best game to movie Adeptation ive seen to date.
Insanely graphic so it well deserves the R or 18R rating, i mean this **** was GRAPHIC.
Super cool, and good cinematography, incredible graphics that made this movie insane and ofcourse, the story, just perfect.
My dad saw it and usually hates these movies and ended up loving it...suprised he didnt say anything at the ending, was like watching a crazy snuff film.

So basically this movie ruled!

viper456
23-04-06, 02:29
Silent Hill - 10/10
Best game to movie Adeptation ive seen to date.
Insanely graphic so it well deserves the R or 18R rating, i mean this **** was GRAPHIC.
Super cool, and good cinematography, incredible graphics that made this movie insane and ofcourse, the story, just perfect.
My dad saw it and usually hates these movies and ended up loving it...suprised he didnt say anything at the ending, was like watching a crazy snuff film.

So basically this movie ruled!

are you from the uk? it only got a 15 here, i thought it should of been an 18 though

Spitfire
23-04-06, 02:32
I live in the U.S. It got an "R" rating, and it really shouldnt have been anyless with that ending, which while gruesome, was insanely awsome.

James Burgon
23-04-06, 02:37
I loved it too. I think almost everything was done perfectly. They really managed to convert a game where most of it is running around aimlessly into an enjoyable film (i'm a fan of Silent Hill - big fan, i'm not hating on the games, but most of it IS running around :)).

Pyramid Head made me squeal with pleasure when I first heard his sword scrape, and the Janitor was awesome. Barbwire is quite rancid too, haha.

Belfastard
23-04-06, 02:39
Just came back from seeing it.

The best game-film conversion to date in my opinion.

I loved it. It was totally disturbing and kept the atmosphere you felt in SH1 and 2 perfectly. The sort of "oh no, no no don't go in there, here's nice and safe!" feeling.

All the place names - from the game, street names etc all correct. Even some characters like Dahlia Gillespie, Cheryl the cop - both in it. You go in the school, the hotel, and the dreaded hospital and it's dark and rusted depths. Beware Pyramid Head, pretty damn scary...

The music is almost a direct rip, it's brilliant.

Direction, fantastic - some of the camera angles were perfectly like the game.

It's a 15 - somehow - it Definitely should be 18. Skins torn off, barb wire rape, blood blood blood, stabbage, slitting, rotting, greatly disturbing stuff! If you liked the game, you'll love the film. If you've not played, but liked the film, you'll love the game.

Great film. Really great, go see it NOW.

Welcome to Silent Hill :jmp:

-Rivendell-

Barbwire rape? I don't think so. Were you paying attention to the movie? If there was rape in the movie it would be 18.

Spitfire
23-04-06, 02:42
Barbwire rape? I don't think so. Were you paying attention to the movie? If there was rape in the movie it would be 18.
sorry but there was a barbwire rape, and it looked pretty gruesome. They dont actually show it entering, but u see it going up her dress and comming out somwhere else, it was rather graphic

xMiSsCrOfTx
23-04-06, 02:44

In the ending there was, it was graphic and pretty sick! I was shocked.

Spitfire
23-04-06, 02:48
In the ending there was, it was graphic and pretty sick! I was shocked.
call me crazy or sick but i liked the movie alot, like insanely great compared to all the game-to-movie adaptations.

And yes it was quite shocking but the movie couldnt and wouldnt have the same affect and feel of evil if it didnt show what it did IMO.

Jake Croft
23-04-06, 02:54
;[ Im only 13 14 on may 2nd and i dont even look 15 but i wanna see it bad

Spitfire
23-04-06, 02:57
;[ Im only 13 14 on may 2nd and i dont even look 15 but i wanna see it bad
um im 16...and wow im glad im really mature about these things cause like i know i would never ever let my 14 year old cousin see this, and he loved stuff like resident evil and such, but Silent Hill was on a much high level and was like 50x more graphic and freaky.

If ur mature about it and ur parents dont mind like mine, hell i saw it with my dad and we both enjoyed it, then go for it.

xMiSsCrOfTx
23-04-06, 02:58
call me crazy or sick but i liked the movie alot, like insanely great compared to all the game-to-movie adaptations.

And yes it was quite shocking but the movie couldnt and wouldnt have the same affect and feel of evil if it didnt show what it did IMO.

Oh, you misunderstood me I think. :p I loved the movie! I'm a huge Silent Hill fan, I thought it was dead on in the creepy department. It was awesome.

Spitfire
23-04-06, 02:59
Oh, you misunderstood me I think. :p I loved the movie! I'm a huge Silent Hill fan, I thought it was dead on in the creepy department. It was awesome.
*phew*
Glad im not alone there :D

Jake Croft
23-04-06, 03:01
i want to but it isnt a 15a so you have to be 15 to get in no matter parent or guardian i think other wise my mum would of come she loves all the disgusting movies lol

Spitfire
23-04-06, 03:04
i want to but it isnt a 15a so you have to be 15 to get in no matter parent or guardian i think other wise my mum would of come she loves all the disgusting movies lol

how does that work, im assuming u live in canada?
Is it when its like 15a, u MUST be 15 no matter what and 18A u MUST be 18 even if ur under and with a gaurdian?

I mean it seems like its a better way to restrict kids but that would totally suck for me cause im into those movies even tho im only 16 heh.

Jake Croft
23-04-06, 03:06
Its just a bog standard 15
So does this mean i can go with my mum
Cos if not she'll tell em to go get effed lolzolz
^^ Hyper under the influence of Rob [My nub friend] xD

Camera Obscura
23-04-06, 03:30
After watching the movie all I can say is that Pyramid Head is the ultimate horror. Jason Voorhees watch out 'cause P Head coming! :yik:

xMiSsCrOfTx
23-04-06, 03:36
After watching the movie all I can say is that Pyramid Head is the ultimate horror.

OMG I know! That elevator part was freakin scary! :eek:

Lenochka
23-04-06, 03:55
ewwwww i have heard alot about this. Ick i might go see it. i was gonna fridaay but didnt get around to it. Good that i didnt im home alone this whole weekend i would so be freaing scared as hell..

Spitfire
23-04-06, 03:56
if ur a horror genre fan then u'll like it alot, but if ur not to into blood or dont handle ALOT of blood on screen then u might want to steer clear.

Other than that it was freaking phenominal

xMiSsCrOfTx
23-04-06, 03:57
but if ur not to into blood or dont handle ALOT of blood on screen then u might want to steer clear.

The ending was unexpected, I didn't think there would be THAT much blood!!! :yik:

Jake Croft
23-04-06, 04:05
Wait if its rated 15
And i go with an adult
And im 13 - 14 can i get in >.>

Camera Obscura
23-04-06, 04:07
@ Jake Croft. Yes as long as you're with an adult when it's rated R. And well Rated 15 is 15 or older so I guess you don't need an adult for that rating. It all depends where you live.

SPOILERS for the ending!!!

What's worse than barbwire slaughtering a person? Even MORE barbwire SLICING and DICING even MORE people! :yik:

xMiSsCrOfTx
23-04-06, 04:09
SPOILERS for the ending!!!

What's worse than barbwire slaughtering a person? Even MORE barbwire SLICING and DICING even MORE people! :yik:

Yeah, it was freaky. And when Alessa's in the bed and she glares at the lady (not sure which one, I don't remember) I GOT CHILLS. :eek:

Jake Croft
23-04-06, 04:12
What if i go with somone other 18
That classed as a gaurdian for going in?
Aka Sister

xMiSsCrOfTx
23-04-06, 04:13
What if i go with somone other 18
That classed as a gaurdian for going in?
Aka Sister

That should be fine. As long as they're over 17 and have an ID. :wve:

Spitfire
23-04-06, 04:13
Its true the ending was incredibly gruesome beyond simple description, lots and LOTS of blood and some brutal ways to die.

*Spoiler*Especially when Cybil get's stabbed and has that blood just pouring out of her, i was like DAMN, thats alot of blood. Plus the mean lady got what she deserved in my opinion for burning the poor innocent cop!*Spoiler*
^Highlight for spoiler

xMiSsCrOfTx
23-04-06, 04:14
Oh god, I know, that part was REALLY bloody. It was like a fountain. :yik: And in the beginning, I thought Cheryl was stalking Cybil and Sharon in the beginning! :p

Jake Croft
23-04-06, 04:15
Geuss whose going watching silent hill ROFL
Ill get somone to act as my 'Guardian'
>';D

xMiSsCrOfTx
23-04-06, 04:16
You're going to love it, Jake! :tmb:

Spitfire
23-04-06, 04:17
Oh god, I know, that part was REALLY bloody. It was like a fountain. :yik: And in the beginning, I thought Cheryl was stalking Cybil and Sharon in the beginning! :p
It was just a crazy movie but it was one hell of a crazy movie with some great production value and GOD those Visuals were orgasmic!

Jake Croft
23-04-06, 04:18
If i dont ill stand up in the middle of it and go
OMGZ I DNNO HOW TO SIT
Like i did in scary movie 4
Lol and everyone was like
SIT DOWN!

xMiSsCrOfTx
23-04-06, 04:19
It was just a crazy movie but it was one hell of a crazy movie with some great production value and GOD those Visuals were orgasmic!

I know! It was such an experience, best movie I've seen in a LONG time. And was it just me, or were those sirens just scary as hell?! :eek:

Spitfire
23-04-06, 04:25
I know! It was such an experience, best movie I've seen in a LONG time. And was it just me, or were those sirens just scary as hell?! :eek: yeah after the first time you get that feeling of adrenaline when u hear the sirens going again and again!
Oh and i meant Rose, not Cybil, Rose was the main girl, i got her name confused at first lol. Cybil was the Police officer.

Camera Obscura
23-04-06, 04:30
Its true the ending was incredibly gruesome beyond simple description, lots and LOTS of blood and some brutal ways to die.

*Spoiler*Especially when Cybil get's stabbed and has that blood just pouring out of her, i was like DAMN, thats alot of blood. Plus the mean lady got what she deserved in my opinion for burning the poor innocent cop!*Spoiler*
^Highlight for spoiler
SPOILERS!!!

OMG! Poor cop! I was like "Okay, she should be rescued soon. Soon Rose should come bursting through the door to the rescue. But no. Poor Cybil burns in a close-up. :( And THEN Rose comes bursting through the door.

Spitfire
23-04-06, 04:40
LOL i know how u feel Camera, i was questioning the same thing...then it happend and i felt so bad cause she was innocent!

imaginarylight
23-04-06, 05:53
I just saw silent hill one word "amazing"

It stays so true to the game, they even use the music from the game, its the best game movie so farm, wou should all go see this

"SPOILER"

The only part I didnt like was the ending, Because they didnt explain if she got of the silent hill dimension.

Spitfire
23-04-06, 06:24
I just saw silent hill one word "amazing"

It stays so true to the game, they even use the music from the game, its the best game movie so farm, wou should all go see this

"SPOILER"

The only part I didnt like was the ending, Because they didnt explain if she got of the silent hill dimension.

if u played the game u see how the ending was just as vague, which is what i loved, it leaves it open to a sequal and god i hope there is a sequal!

Lonely Istari
23-04-06, 06:34
The TV commercials I keep seeing make this movie seem like a slice of cheese. That little girl saying "I am the reaper" or whatever... It just makes it look kind of cliche. But seeing how all of you liked it, it must just be bad commercializing. I'm probably not going to see it though... I'm not big on gore things that disturb. I like scary movies, but more of the supernatural kind... like ghosts and whatnot. Seeing "barb wire rape" isn't really my cup of tea. I don't like movies that are more disgusting and disturbing than scary.

Spitfire
23-04-06, 06:55
Well the barb wire rape isnt as horrible as it seems...ok its pretty bad but it had its purpose as the little girl was raped and they said she "caused it apon herself" the hag had it comming.

As for Disturbing over scary...its a good dose of both..big doses.
The commmercial with "I am the reaper" was really stupid and the story has SO MUCH more to it than that.

imaginarylight
23-04-06, 07:20
The part where she said "I am the reaper" in the really freaky voice wasnt in the movie actually.

And she doesnt say "I am the Reaper" she says "I am the rebirth"

Spitfire
23-04-06, 07:22
The part where she said "I am the reaper" in the really freaky voice wasnt in the movie actually.

she does say it in the movie if i remeber right, just not in that voice at all, its in her normal little girl voice.

Lonely Istari
23-04-06, 07:26

ohh haha :o Did they change it for the commercial? Because it really sounded like "reaper"

Anyway, I'll give it another chance I guess :p

Spitfire
23-04-06, 07:51
yeh, i gave it a chance and ended u loving it!

jarhead
23-04-06, 09:55
i soo wanna see it. films that are violent and horrific but at the same time will never happen are just joy to watch ( through a pillow)

Spitfire
23-04-06, 16:08
If anything...and i mean ANYTHING in silent hill could happen or ever happen...i would be :cen: bricks

xMiSsCrOfTx
23-04-06, 16:09
it leaves it open to a sequal and god i hope there is a sequal!

I'm sure there will be! :tmb:

Jake Croft
23-04-06, 16:35
Meh its 7:35 pm doubt my mum will wanna go now ;[