PDA

View Full Version : The Omen Trilogy

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 10:05
I don't recall mentioning that I recently bought the Omen boxed DVD set on behalf of my brother for my birthday as he asked me to choose anything I wanted :D

Not a bad price either - only 16.97 in Music Zone but more expensive in other outlets.

I saw the first film on TV last year and realised I had never even seen it before. I guess I must have only seen 2 and 3 but the third one I watched years ago so I should really enjoy the set again.

Have any of the fine forum folk seen the films? If so what are your impressions of it (bearing in mind they are a bit dated by today's standards but the classics are often the best!) :wve:

Paul H
23-04-06, 10:19
I like the first one with Lee Remick in the most but they were all very good films.

scion05
23-04-06, 10:20
Ive seen most of the first one :p

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 10:21
I like the first one with Lee Remick in the most but they were all very good films.

Hi Paul :)

Yes, that's the one I saw on TV and if I am not mistaken she dies. I remember the child Damien aiming for her with a toy or something causing her to fall down the stairs. Great movie, the music is wicked :tmb:

jarhead
23-04-06, 10:23
ive never seen any of them but ive watched the documentary about them being cursed and the car crashes etc

ChocChipCookie
23-04-06, 10:23
My brother sounds a lot like yours Sugarpie. He's told me to get what I want for my birthday, and to put it on his card. I could go mad and spend a fortune :cln: but I won't :D

Anyway, back on topic. I've only seen the first film and I thought it was pretty good. That's one creepy kid :yik: I haven't seen the others, actually I didn't realise there were any others LOL :D I'll have to check them out sometime.

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 10:28
Hi Cookie :wve:

Sounds like a trip to HMV or Music Zone for you then!! Lol.

It's a great boxed set too, it all opens out and folds back on itself so you don't have three seperate cases :tmb:

Yes the second one is where the kid is in boarding school - I bet if you saw it you would recognise it even if you haven't seen the second film through to the end! You'd probably recognise the boy as his face is quite well-known :tmb:

ChocChipCookie
23-04-06, 10:34
I definitely only recall Damien being a little kid, so I must have only seen the first film. Yep I reckon I'll have to watch the others now, sounds good! :D

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 10:38
Cool! Well if that's what you decide upon go to Music Zone if you have one as it's cheaper in there! They are really helpful too. In fact they have loads of good titles for like £5 and under - some are as cheap as £2.97!! :D

Depending on how generous your bro is you could stash a few titles at those low prices :tmb:

Lew
23-04-06, 10:41
I like to go to Music Zone but i dunno why though but I'd prefer to buy it more expensive. hmmmm maybe cause i think cheap = damaged or 2nd hand

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 10:48
I like to go to Music Zone but i dunno why though but I'd prefer to buy it more expensive. hmmmm maybe cause i think cheap = damaged or 2nd hand

No, most of the DVDs are wrapped. Music Zone is a fair dinkum shop, unlike HMV, they believe in low profit and high turnover. They are clued up as to the way the market is going. Nobody in their right mind wants to pay 20 for a title they can get for 7 from Play.com.

HMV try to make some titles look like collectables and even Kill Bill was 19.99 when I went in last week. In Music Zone it's down at around 6.99. I bought TR the second movie for under 5, wrapped and with all the special features - the genuine original article :tmb:

You need a good hour in there though because they have a lot of specials and although it's all A-Z there are lots more offers on the wall shelves and boxed sets.

xMiSsCrOfTx
23-04-06, 14:26
I've only seen the first, but the remake of that looks pretty creepy. When Damien stares at you, ahh! :eek:

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 14:31
I've only seen the first, but the remake of that looks pretty creepy. When Damien stares at you, ahh! :eek:

Not seen any remakes but yeah, when the child looks dead-set on you, you think he is going to burst forth out of the screen and attack you or stay behind the screen and just corrupt your mind with thoughts of pure evil :yik: (Thoughts such as 'I must switch over and watch the Teletubbies instead') :vlol:

xMiSsCrOfTx
23-04-06, 14:32
The remake isn't out yet. It's coming out 6-6-06! :yik:

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 14:37
The remake isn't out yet. It's coming out 6-6-06! :yik:

Wow thanks for the info. I'd better watch the three I have to refresh myself. I hope they don't concentrate merely on cinematography and lose the story along the line. Some remakes are well above justified but others are so hell-bent on good graphics that they abandon the tension somewhere along the way :(

xMiSsCrOfTx
23-04-06, 14:39
Some remakes are well above justified but others are so hell-bent on good graphics that they abandon the tension somewhere along the way :(

Yeah I agree, sometimes that ruins it. :(

Lew
23-04-06, 14:40
No, most of the DVDs are wrapped. Music Zone is a fair dinkum shop, unlike HMV, they believe in low profit and high turnover. They are clued up as to the way the market is going. Nobody in their right mind wants to pay 20 for a title they can get for 7 from Play.com.

HMV try to make some titles look like collectables and even Kill Bill was 19.99 when I went in last week. In Music Zone it's down at around 6.99. I bought TR the second movie for under 5, wrapped and with all the special features - the genuine original article :tmb:

You need a good hour in there though because they have a lot of specials and although it's all A-Z there are lots more offers on the wall shelves and boxed sets.

I love going to HMV :P

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 14:44
I love going to HMV :P

HMV is a cooler set-up and yet it doesn't boast better 'moosic'. By all means I would suggest spending time in there as opposed to money though ;)

Get an idea of what you like and then toddle off to Music Zone and the change you'll have left will afford you a huge bag of popcorn for when you settle down in front of the movie (lights out, spooky ambience :D ). The CDs are pretty cheap too in MS so prove me right - next time you are in town Lew, jot down the price differences betwixt the two stores. I guarantee that you'll be surprised :tmb:

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 14:46
P.S. Lew,

If you are looking for the :p emoticon, ensure you press a small 'p' and not a capital :tmb:

Lew
Its not about the money though its about the quality :tmb:

Lew
P.S. Lew,

If you are looking for the :p emoticon, ensure you press a small 'p' and not a capital :tmb:

Yeah i realised donks ago but its my addiction to do it that way :P

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 14:50
Its not about the money though its about the quality :tmb:

There is no difference sweets, all of the DVDs etc are the same. It's not like Eidos and Sold Out Software where gaming discs are concerned. The DVD's are wrapped and the same as those you get in HMV. Same movie, same disc, same packaging only cheaper.

Music Zone sell more that HMV for that reason. People prefer to browse HMV but there is never a queue - certainly not any branch I have been in aside from when HMV have a so-called sale and all they do is reduce the cr@p that nobody wants whereas MZ actually rotate their stock and have sales all through the week!! :tmb: Trust me!!

Lew
23-04-06, 14:52
There is no difference sweets, all of the DVDs etc are the same. It's not like Eidos and Sold Out Software where gaming discs are concerned. The DVD's are wrapped and the same as those you get in HMV. Same movie, same disc, same packaging only cheaper.

Music Zone sell more that HMV for that reason. People prefer to browse HMV but there is never a queue - certainly not any branch I have been in aside from when HMV have a so-called sale and all they do is reduce the cr@p (cr@p) that nobody wants whereas MS actually rotate their stock and have sales all through the week!! :tmb: Trust me!!

no in leeds HMV is massive there and i go on rnadom shopping trips there, i went to Music zone too and it was surprising how little it was.

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 14:56
no in leeds HMV is massive there and i go on rnadom shopping trips there, i went to Music zone too and it was surprising how little it was.

That is unfortunate that they have a comparatively smaller store. But even so, play.com have all the top titles for similar prices. However, being a franchise, you can always order a DVD or CD etc. from MZ stores and they will get it in for you. Two DVD stores are closing here in the mall because MZ has got it right. Believe it or not, HMV and MZ are directly opposite eachother hahahaha. It won't be long before one of them is 'nudged' out :D

Lew
23-04-06, 14:59
That is unfortunate that they have a comparatively smaller store. But even so, play.com have all the top titles for similar prices. However, being a franchise, you can always order a DVD or CD etc. from MZ stores and they will get it in for you. Two DVD stores are closing here in the mall because MZ has got it right. Believe it or not, HMV and MZ are directly opposite eachother hahahaha. It won't be long before one of them is 'nudged' out :D

LOL :P

Lew
23-04-06, 15:05
Off Topic : Btw SUGARPIE do you have to change your font manually all the time or is there a way to keep the settings?

TombRaiderLover
24-04-06, 06:57
Look, Damien! It's all for you!

JACOBryanBURNS
24-04-06, 07:06
GREAT movies. Watched 'The Omen' earlier actually. And I would also like to point out that they're remaking the movies.

[/URL]
Credited cast: [URL="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000630/"]Liev Schreiber (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0466909/maindetails).... Robert ThornJulia Stiles (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005466/).... Katherine Thorn
Seamus Davey-Fitzpatrick (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2089090/).... Damien Thorn

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0466909/maindetails <-- the rest of the information.