PDA

View Full Version : London Marathon

Zip
23-04-06, 10:14
Anyone watching the London Marathon ???

I have been folowing it for a while and well the leaders must be like robots or something running that far in under 2 hrs there something else.Anyone agree ????

jarhead
23-04-06, 10:15
always watch anything like that. even though they can be boring they seem to fly by and i always enoy watching the people dressed in costumes

Dazzy
23-04-06, 10:19
Im running in that, only joking, amazing to see so many people running.

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 10:59
I tend not to watch anything but the highlights as it can be a bit boring to watch. I always want an ordinary runner to beat the athletes. The camera always seems to favour following the professional runners but for me I think it's about the people, those who have really worked hard to get fit and are raising money for charity. The athletes get enough coverage and I sometimes feel they steal the glory, however unintentionally :(

Sunwave
23-04-06, 11:58
The athletes get enough coverage and I sometimes feel they steal the glory, however unintentionally :(

Indeed. Three friends of mine are also going to run the marathon next year (well, that's what they tell everyone). I have much more respect for that than for a professional athlete.

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 12:06
Indeed. Three friends of mine are also going to run the marathon next year (well, that's what they tell everyone). I have much more respect for that than for a professional athlete.

Wow, good luck to them :tmb:

I agree Sunwave, I don't want to see Paula Radcliffe (who isn't running this year apparently), however pleasant she might be. This is the people's race. We want to see the people who have never even walked 26 miles much less run that distance. They are the stars of the marathon, not the athletes. I understand the athletes wanting to take part as it's good for them but when their successes over-shadow the efforts of the less experienced then it's a bit of a no-no for me.

Zip
23-04-06, 14:34
Id happily bike it but i dont thinkl i could run it

average stalker
23-04-06, 14:42
the furthest i've ever ran is 5 miles and that took me about 34 minutes. i can't imagine running another 21 miles on top of that.