PDA

View Full Version : Avril Fans

Bonez
23-04-06, 19:02
Any Avril Lavigne fans here? :D

Ive been a fan of avril since i found her cd in my aunties kitchen way back in 2002. Shes come so far since then, releasing a second album, which is a great follow up to the first.

Shes had to two world tours, the second which i have named myself after, Bonez. I was lucky enough to go to her concert in birmingham there, last year! :jmp: She totally rocked, and sang amazingly!

So... anyone else liek Avril here? :D

Reggie
23-04-06, 19:05
Bonez was the one who introduced me to her lol, she's a good singer but she does her less shouty songs a lot better IMO, my favourite song from her is "How does it feel?" great song - and lucky you going to see her soncert :p

meansizzler
23-04-06, 19:08
Yes, Everyone Loves Avril, well everyone besides KamKam don't you just love here music, I have all her Album CD's and her "My World" DVD, it's like the best DVD out there, contains a whole concert, music videos and documentry, best £10 I ever spent.. I have some special bonus songs for all your avril fans...

Get Over It (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jamshaeed/Images/Let%20Go%20Bonus%20Disc/Avril%20Lavigne%20-%20Get%20Over%20It.mp3)

Why (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jamshaeed/Images/Let%20Go%20Bonus%20Disc/Avril%20Lavigne%20-%20Why.mp3)

Bonez
I love all of her songs.. well.. some of them im not so keen on. But they have some real good meanings. My fav:

"Who knows, what could happen?
Do what you do and keep on laughing,
One things true,
Theres always a brand new day."

Its so true :D I think some of her shouty songs are very good to listen to you if your ****ed off or summit. Or just for fun =)

How does it feel is real good tho!

And yeah.. very lucky.. you wouldnt know how logn i begged LOL!

Croft06
Im not a fan myself but each to their own

Night Crawler
23-04-06, 19:09
Is she working on a third album?

Bonez
Yeah her dvd ROCKS!

Shes releasing a second one hopefully, of her Bonez Tour! Thanks for the links.. *goes to see*

wonderboy
I'm not too sure about my feelings on Avril. I'm not a fan of her music because it's not just my thing, I can appreciate that she has a nice sound. However in just a few years she turned from a skater girl in to the face of chanel and blonde and pink skirts... she says she's grown up.

Shauni
23-04-06, 19:12
Everyone keeps saying how good "How does it feel" is, but that's the one song of Avril's that I never understood. Maybe it's just the way she worded her song or something, but I can't tell what the heck her song is about. I know it's about her, but that's about all that I can get out of that song... :confused: A little help? :o

Bonez
23-04-06, 19:13
Shes definitly grown up. I'll stay a fan and support her in everythign she does ( aslogn as its not.. violence etc.).

I mean.. she was 16 when she started.. everybody matures. Shes got into ' hair and make up' right now, and is doing a bit of modeling and doing some movies this year.

Over the Hedge and Fast Food Nation to name a couple. Her 3rd album will hopefully be out at the ne dof this year early 07. She said she wrote a few songs last month. :)

Bonez
23-04-06, 19:17
Meansizzle, Get Over it is very cool! Ive not heard it before!!

Thanks very much. Why i have heard, its awesome! :D

xMiSsCrOfTx
23-04-06, 19:18
I'm not a fan, but I saw her at my mall once. :)

Shauni
23-04-06, 19:19
Meansizzle, Get Over it is very cool! Ive not heard it before!!

Thanks very much. Why i have heard, its awesome! :D
Yep, that's one of my favorite Avril songs. :tmb:

Bonez
23-04-06, 19:20
Shame it didnt get on the album...

Shauni
23-04-06, 19:24
I'm not a fan, but I saw her at my mall once. :)
Sweet! :D
When her second album was out, there were a few girls that looked exactly like Avril, the hair, the clothes, all the same. It always took a few good glances to make sure it wasn't really Avril. hehe

@ Bonez, "Get over it" is on one of her single CDs. ;)

Bonez
23-04-06, 19:27
Yeah.. she did a mall tour to promote her second album :D

Ohh right cool... i never buy singles now though... i always think they are a waste of money. But cool.

Ampersand
23-04-06, 19:29
I like a lot of her songs, though I know a lot of people don't like her because she's not proper 'rock'. I don't mind though, if it's a good song I'll listen to it. :p

I like Losing Grip and a few other songs from her first album, though I haven't heard all of her second. Nobody's Home is cool. :)

Bonez
23-04-06, 19:31
Yeah..... people say i have a crap music taste for liking avril at school. What ever ahppened to opinions?

Heres my favourtie perfomrance of Together, ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POomVXcZ0AM&search=Avril%20Lavigne%20Together

I dont understand how people say she cant sing. Shes not everybodys Cup of tea, but you cant say she cant sing. That video proves that.

She never lip syncs either. ^_^

Ampersand
23-04-06, 19:34
People say the same about me for liking Enya. :vlol: They just go 'Ew, what are you, you like that weird New Age-y stuff?' :o

Thanks for the link, I like that song. :)

Bonez
23-04-06, 19:36
Lol... That sucks. :( People, eh?

Glad you like the song.

Another thing i like about her ( here we go again LOL ) is that she plays her own instruments. She may not be the worlds greatest piano, drum or guitar player, but i like it how she is giving it a go and trying her best. :D

Ampersand
23-04-06, 19:40
Yeah, people... :o

I can admire her for her guts as well - she doesn't have the best voice live, but she'll still sing and her voice has improved vastly since she started. :) And yeah, she plays instruments too, always a plus IMO. :D

Zip
23-04-06, 19:41
I like some of her songs,im a avid music listener to many kinds of music and so i don't have a favourite musian there all good in different fields

Bonez
23-04-06, 19:42
I prefer her live than the album. Yeah, she doesnt sing live the greatest all the time. But live is better than faking and cheating your fans.

Her voice has definitly improved! Its gone higher... she cant reach the lower notes in the Let Go era :D

Yeah.. and shes improving on instruments aswel:D

Jacob x5
23-04-06, 20:01
In every single song the music is totally identical, and the lyrics are all either saying "You're a rubbish boyfriend" or "You did something wrong and I don't like you anymore".

Shauni
23-04-06, 20:11
In every single song the music is totally identical, and the lyrics are all either saying "You're a rubbish boyfriend" or "You did something wrong and I don't like you anymore".
Actually, those two things you mentioned are about the same, aren't they? lol.

Well actually she does have many different topics in her songs:
Feeling uncared for ('Unwanted')
Saying no to sex ('Don't tell me', 'Tomorrow')
Missing out on someone who could have been something more ('Skater boy')
Wondering what her purpose is in life or feeling a bit lost ('I'm with you')
A friend going through a really hard time ('Nobody's Home')
Her grandfather ('Slipped Away')

The list continues, though I think you've got the picture. ^_^

Jacob x5
23-04-06, 20:23
Actually, those two things you mentioned are about the same, aren't they? lol.

Exactly. :p

Bonez
23-04-06, 20:29
Yeah... well this thread is for avril fans. :D

She sngd about many different topics. Nobodys Home is sad. Apparently she will be wriitn more happy songs for her 3rd album. :D

So good to see some avril fans here :D

Dingaling
23-04-06, 20:59
Oh, I know who Bonez is - the knower of all things Avril and more. Avril got me into Bonez! No wait, Bonez got me into Avril! :D

He alerted me ASAP when she was singing at the errr... sports thing on TV that was on not too long ago and was hyper the rest of the conversation.

Go Avril fans!

Reggie
23-04-06, 22:14
Oh, I know who Bonez is - the knower of all things Avril and more. Avril got me into Bonez! No wait, Bonez got me into Avril! :D

He alerted me ASAP when she was singing at the errr... sports thing on TV that was on not too long ago and was hyper the rest of the conversation.

Go Avril fans!

LOL same here, you've been busy spreading the word of Avril eh Bonez? ;)

Belfastard
23-04-06, 22:37
Any one heard the rare song of hers; it's a cover of 'Chop Suey' by System of a Down? :)

Shauni
24-04-06, 00:04
Any one heard the rare song of hers; it's a cover of 'Chop Suey' by System of a Down? :)
I heard the live version of it, I didn't much like it... Though it was really bad quality when I heard it, so maybe it's a cool song at a higher bit rate or not a live version. :tmb:

Belfastard
24-04-06, 00:29
I heard the live version of it, I didn't much like it... Though it was really bad quality when I heard it, so maybe it's a cool song at a higher bit rate or not a live version. :tmb:

I think that's the version I had of it. It was so rubbish I deleted it! http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e234/Belfastard/90460c9d.gif

Bonez
24-04-06, 15:40
I didnt like Chop Suey... well i didnt like avrils recording. :)