PDA

View Full Version : PC Problems - Notice

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 21:12
Hi all :wve:

Just to let you know that I have had some serious issues with the computer and have posted in Tech Support board. JasonDavies15 is aware as I just PM'd him and asked him to remind you of this should my PC fail again. I know some of you are currently asking some advice in PM so I just needed everyone to know that if I vanish, it will be down to my PC and not me suddenly going into exile :D

I have been out of action for over three hours this evening and had to go for a lie down because I was very frustrated. Have a looksie at my 'Major battery Failure' thread in tech support for more details :(

Thanks for my grumble voucher guys and gals :hug:

Lavinder
23-04-06, 21:14
We fully understand.

Now get your arse over to PC World ;););) *Joke*

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 21:14
LOL Lavinder - go and read my thread - OMG lol it's a disaster :(

meansizzler
23-04-06, 21:15
Aww....:hug:

xMiSsCrOfTx
Hopefully you get things sorted out. :hug:

Lavinder
Ok, :D

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 21:16
Thanks all :hug: It was a nightmare, I felt like my arms had been chopped off and there was nothing on TV either ROFL :vlol:

Jacob x5
23-04-06, 21:17
Now get your arse over to PC World...

...go and read my thread...

Yes, Lavinder. Get your arse over to Tech Support. :D

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 21:19
LOL have you read my entry Jacob? :D I managed to highlight each relevant point - thats how panic-stricken I am LMSO :vlol:

Lavinder
23-04-06, 21:19
Ok, i've read it now.

I really hope it is just the battery dear :hug:

xMiSsCrOfTx
23-04-06, 21:20
Ooh, you have a motherboard problem. I had one too, not too long ago. It wasn't with the battery, though. The entire thing was just fried. :(

meansizzler
23-04-06, 21:21
Thanks all :hug: It was a nightmare, I felt like my arms had been chopped off and there was nothing on TV either ROFL :vlol:

Tomb raider was on BBC3....:D

Lara Lover
23-04-06, 21:30
Ooh, you have a motherboard problem. I had one too, not too long ago. It wasn't with the battery, though. The entire thing was just fried. :(

Did you buy a new one and connect everything too it again? Did it work? I'm just curious. I'm thinking of buying one myself. :D

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 21:31
I don't have BBC3 I am on terrestrial :(

Thanks Alyssa and Lavinder, also meanie for replying in the tech board. I have added to it Meanie.

At least I have had the chance to come into the forum and let you all know that I am having problems with the computer. I'd really have hated to have been absent for weeks on end as I know some of you would worry - or am I being pretentious? LOL :vlol:

Lavinder
23-04-06, 21:32
I don't have BBC3 I am on terrestrial :(

Thanks Alyssa and Lavinder, also meanie for replying in the tech board. I have added to it Meanie.

At least I have had the chance to come into the forum and let you all know that I am having problems with the computer. I'd really have hated to have been absent for weeks on end as I know some of you would worry - or am I being pretentious? LOL :vlol:

I miss your company alot when your not here :)

Lara Lover
23-04-06, 21:33
Same here Lavinder. I hope you don't leave us for along time :tmb:

xMiSsCrOfTx
23-04-06, 21:35
Did you buy a new one and connect everything too it again? Did it work? I'm just curious. I'm thinking of buying one myself. :D

Yes, with help of my computer-genius uncle. :)

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 21:35
Aww thanks you soppy pair LOL :D

I guess I will leave the PC on overnight again.

For what it's worth, I'd miss ya all too :(

Tramp
23-04-06, 21:59
I would definitely miss you Lo. Hope you get the little beast working. It's not that hard to re-install Windows as long as you have the CD. By the way if it was pre-installed by Dell and you only got a re-boot disc take note of your Windows Registration No. You will need that when you reload Windows so that you can obtain updates otherwise if you use the wrong one when Windows tries to verify your system they will tell you you are running a pirate. You can use any ones copy of XP but you need your original number.

It's not that hard to do an Fdisk delete, reformat and re-install. I have done it myself on Big Bertha when something destroyed some of my Registry files and I could not boot up at all. I just went to Microsoft Knowledge Base and printed off the instructions from there and worked my way through. I even managed to partition the drive as it is 120G and used to take ages to defrag. Luckily nearly everything that was on Big Bertha came from my other PC (the Baby) so I didn't really lose too much in the operation as mine crashed with no warning at all.

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 22:10
Thanks dearest Kate :hug:

Yeah I have retained my original codes et cetera. Marc, my older brother, will doubtlessly talk me through it all as he knows how important the PC is to me at the moment!

BTW Kate I simply loved the pic of your budgies to be - have you got them yet? The green and yellow ones? They are adorable!

I'd miss you too Kate if this all goes wrong - I was talking about you to mum and dad recently during their visit and they now realise that TR is not just for the kids but that there are folk of my age and (slightly ;) ) above that can enjoy it :D

Lo :hug:

Tramp
23-04-06, 22:47
Lo the CD talks you through it, its just a matter of following the prompts.

I don't know yet whether I am going to be able to afford either of those birds as yet, depends on how much Lori Mix I sell this Sunday. Tony sent the prices through last night and I am expecting a call from him. I am definitely buying this little girl though.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/Tramp1/IMG_0726.jpg

No a very good picture but she would not perform in the exercise cage and kept turning her back.

Also getting this girl.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/Tramp1/KathieCummingsMay18th2006053.jpg

Both girls are only youngsters and are only around 6mths old. We are getting first choice of Tony and Rods Cull. They are a top line of birds with German, Maltese and English blood lines.

I'm glad your Mum and Dad don't think you are being childish anymore.

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 22:56
Wow Kate, what beauts!

I do have a penchant for birds mate. When I was on hols recently I tamed a family of the ring-necked pigeons. I had one of them eating out of my hand.

As a child, (we were living in Germany in the 70's), we saw a Zebrafinch flying abound so we let the budgie loose (looked a little like the one above), in the lounge and put the cage down. The finch flew in like Flynn and the too birds lived unhappily ever after!!

I named the new bird 'Cocoa'. I have kept many birds before and am always interested to hear of your new additions Kate! Bravo! Shame about the cost though, when is it your birthday? ;)

Lo :jmp:

Tramp
23-04-06, 23:04
I'm a true Sagittarian Lo. 8th of December.

I just got another Rainbow Lorikeet the other day. She is split for Cinnamon which dilutes all the body colour in the normal bird. I have paired her to a Grey Green Cock Split for Mustard and Cinnamon. Hopefully I will get some good youngsters out of them as Cinnamon and Mustard are quite expensive.

A Split means she is carrying the gene but is not visually that colour. Cinnamon is also called a Dilute.

I must get my batteries recharged for the Camera as we have the big Bird Show and Sale this coming Sunday. I will have around 6 birds in the Show. I was hoping to show Charlie but her new feathers are not fully through yet from where her wings were cut.

tlr online
23-04-06, 23:06
Just to let you know that I have had some serious issues with the computer and have posted in Tech Support board.

Is this why all your posts are in bold?

Lara Lover
I think they're bold because, she wants them too? :confused:

tlr online
I'm a true Sagittarian Lo. 8th of December.

I just got another Rainbow Lorikeet the other day. She is split for Cinnamon which dilutes all the body colour in the normal bird. I have paired her to a Grey Green Cock Split for Mustard and Cinnamon. Hopefully I will get some good youngsters out of them as Cinnamon and Mustard are quite expensive.

A Split means she is carrying the gene but is not visually that colour. Cinnamon is also called a Dilute.

I must get my batteries recharged for the Camera as we have the big Bird Show and Sale this coming Sunday. I will have around 6 birds in the Show. I was hoping to show Charlie but her new feathers are not fully through yet from where her wings were cut.
Morning Kate. Long time no speak :wve: How have you been?

Tramp
23-04-06, 23:17
Not too bad Justin. I've been here, where have you been?

BTW it appears as if a lot of my balance problems have been caused by my glasses. I just can't get used to metal frames. The ear piece has been pressing on the bone above and to the back of my right ear and causing an earache. This appears to have been effecting my balance. I have gone back to my old plastic frames with the very old prescription and have not had a problem for a week.

tlr online
23-04-06, 23:19
Not too bad Justin. I've been here, where have you been?

BTW it appears as if a lot of my balance problems have been caused by my glasses. I just can't get used to metal frames. The ear piece has been pressing on the bone above and to the back of my right ear and causing an earache. This appears to have been effecting my balance. I have gone back to my old plastic frames with the very old prescription and have not had a problem for a week.

When I was at college, we studied the effect hearing and ears have on balance. It's quite amazing really.

Now that Legend is out, I can relax a bit more now and spend some time enjoying the fine company of our fine forum folk rather than trying to meet deadlines all the time.

It also means I'll have more time to crack on with restoring our themes ;)

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 23:23
Is this why all your posts are in bold?

Am I too bold for this forum? :D

I have PM'd you tlr lest there is a problem ;)

It's my eyesight you know. I can barely read my own posts in bold never mind those that are not in bold :(

Tramp
23-04-06, 23:26
Don't be so vain Lo, put your bloody glasses on.

tlr online
23-04-06, 23:26
Am I too bold for this forum? :D

I have PM'd you tlr lest there is a problem ;)

It's my eyesight you know. I can barely read my own posts in bold never mind those that are not in bold :(
I expected more of an ass-kickin' than that ;)

SUGARPIE
23-04-06, 23:39
I expected more of an ass-kickin' than that ;)

Spank! Spank! Spank!

Now come back in 30 minutes for more, once I have soothed my hand with the all-embracing Camomile lotion :D