PDA

View Full Version : Advertising project

Lonely Istari
24-04-06, 03:38
Ok, I am working on a project where I have to critique 4 advertisements for my Visual Design class. I've got 3 done already but I need one more "bad" advertisement and can not seem to find one bad enough! :p Anyone know of a site or something I can find one? Or perhaps happen to have some they could show me?? :p

Lonely Istari
24-04-06, 04:42
Thanks for the help guys :rolleyes:

Just playin :p . Anyway, if a Mod wants to close this topic, I don't need it open anymore. I found what I was looking for. Thanks :wve:

Amanda Evert
24-04-06, 05:25
Bad advertisements? I don't think you need bad advertisements, Istari, dear. You need good critiques! You can do it. :tmb: :hug: Good luck. :wve:

Jacob x5
24-04-06, 05:31
Bad advertisements? I don't think you need bad advertisements, Istari, dear. You need good critiques! You can do it. :tmb: :hug: Good luck. :wve:

Variety. ;)

Lonely Istari
24-04-06, 19:41

:p I was supposed to have 2 good advertisements and 2 bad advertisements and then critique them. :p Thanks for the goodluck wish :hug:

jarhead
24-04-06, 19:44
well good luck and all. i hated the bbc interactive advert with the faces- it got banned because of complaits. i wll search for a video. hope this helps

Lonely Istari
24-04-06, 19:48
thanks Jarhead! :wve: but I've already turned in the project, so no need to search for hours on my account! Unless you really just want to show it to us, b/c honestly, that sounds interesting and I'd like to see it for the hell of it :p

jarhead
24-04-06, 19:53
http://www.beam.tv/beamreels/reel_player.php?MSFtJYpdtK

heres the link, and what adverts did you pick to critisise

Lonely Istari
24-04-06, 20:03
wow, that is a bit ... disturbing! :vlol: Thanks for sharing Jarhead! :D

as for the adverts i chose these as "bad" ones:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/mesteele/scans%20for%20Vis%20Design/PUMA.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/mesteele/scans%20for%20Vis%20Design/PAULMITCHELL.jpg

I would explain why but i've got to hurry and get ready for work! only 1/2 an hour left! :wve: I'll come back on later and explain. Bye now!

jarhead
24-04-06, 20:05
its ok- it got so many complaints the bbc were loosing viewers. :vlol: at the first advert but i can see why you picked the second

Lonely Istari
25-04-06, 06:26
lol, i was seriously debating on whether or not to use the second one. It really isn't all too bad. BUT I did find some things about it that I didn't like. It was the very last one I could find. I had a hard time finding "bad advertisements in a magazine. They're not all that easy to come by. I mean, advertisers really (usually :p) know what they're doing! If you don't mind a bit of reading I'll post what I had to say in my critique:

~WARNING~ it may be a bit repetitive in spots as I was trying to fluff up the page. :p

* There is not really anything explaining what is being sold. All you see is a man and a boy bathing a dog.
*The only thing good I can say for this advertisement is that it uses repetition of colors. Black and white is frequently repeated.
* The thing that disturbs me is the fact that the product is a shampoo for human purchasing and they are using it on a dog. This gives me the feeling that we are not any more significant than a mere animal. Shouldn’t we separate our shampoos from the ones we use on our pets?
*Shampoo is usually the target of women. Even though some women will not like to admit it, shopping is supremely geared towards women. Most men do not care what sort of shampoo they use, therefore there should be something in the advertisement that will attract women. Women are also often the main readers of magazines which is where this advertisement is placed. A dog getting shampooed is not going to tell a woman how well the product will work on her hair.
* The advertisement may be simple, but it is not very "to the point." When flipping through the magazine a person should be able to tell what is what. If it takes too much time to figure out they will simply move on to the next page.
*The fact that there are soap suds everywhere also creates a messy feeling, which should be the last thing a company would want their users or readers to think of.
* There is no text explaining price or what the product is. Simply a "Paul Mitchell" in the corner. A consumer who has never before heard of Paul Mitchell would not know who or what the name represents. This advertisement would only leave the magazine reader confused.

Jacob x5
25-04-06, 06:28
i hated the bbc interactive advert with the faces- it got banned because of complaits.

:vlol: Really?

Mind you, I did find it a little scary. :p