PDA

View Full Version : Steak - How Do You Eat Yours?

SUGARPIE
24-04-06, 11:04
Hi all :wve:

I had steak last night - rarer than I have ever had it before, it was raw in the middle and yet lovely!

Does anyone like a nice steak? Apologies if you are vegetarian, no offence meant!

How do you like your steak cooked?

Night_Heaven
24-04-06, 11:09
For about 5 years I am a vegetarian:jmp: HURRAAAAYYY...before that I liked stake to be a little raw...:)

Thorir
I haven't had it in years, I think...! But I'm not a big fan of meat, so it would DEFINITELY have to be well done! Not raw! It's bad enough for me to think of eating a corpse, raw would be utterly disgusting! (No offence):p

gazhammer
I always ask for mine, "well done and well done again".

If i had to eat a steak rare, i'd be vegetarian.:(

Other Phrases i use when ordering steak:

Cremated
Burn to a crisp
Leave it bloody and i'll leave you the same way!.:D etc.

Ampersand
I like mine well-done so it's almost black. :cln: Can't stand rare steak (sorry Sugs :D), oozing blood and still uncooked in the middle. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sick/sick0012.gif

Tramp
24-04-06, 11:10
I like mine medium rare usually a nice piece of Eye Fillet or Scotch Fillet or even New York Cut Sirloin. Preferably with heaps of Bernaise Sauce. Yummy. Damn I'm hungry and I think I will have to go and get something for dinner. I had a meeting tonight so it will just be some of the frozen mini quiche, cheese and onion rolls and mini beef pies I got this afternoon.

How are you tonight Lo. Thanks for the sentiment on Jacob's thread.

SUGARPIE
24-04-06, 11:12

Cremated
Burn to a crisp

LMAO Gaz :vlol:

SUGARPIE
24-04-06, 11:15
I'm good thanks Kate and you're welcome for the comment, you are right in what you said :hug:

I usually eat mine medium rare but as this was a thicker cut it wasn't cooked properly in the middle but I was too starving to care :D

Hope you had a nice day Kate and a good meeting. Hmm finger buffet food, lurvely :D

Kamrusepas
24-04-06, 11:16
I've never ordered a steak, but if I did, it'd be well done. Now I've got a craving for a big juicy steak :jmp:

clairelovestlc
24-04-06, 11:17
I dont eat steak, but if i did it would have to be extreemly well done

spence
24-04-06, 11:21
Stick it in a blast furnace, for me.

SUGARPIE
24-04-06, 11:24
I'm not keen on well-done meat. The worst would be chicken if accidentally forgotten in the oven! It goes all stringy. Maybe I like my meat tender because I don't have a decent steak knife to my name! I've been known to use a bread knife before now to cut some over-done roast beef :D

Tramp
24-04-06, 11:28
I used to always hear my neighbour on the weekend yelling out 'Andrew this is a Barbecue not a Bloody Cremation'.

It's a new product out Lo. It's called French Finger Food. The mini pies are beef and burgundy, quiche lorraine and cheese and onion nibbles. Smells lovely and only 4 minutes at medium in the microwave.

Day wasn't too bad, got most of the raw material out of the car. Will get the rest out tomorrow and make the 2 batches I need for Wednesday. Then make the rest for Sunday. Ugh.

SUGARPIE
24-04-06, 11:37
Gosh you sound to have your 'plate' full there Kate (no pun intended :D )

This minature food is rather nice. I used to bake mini pies and stuff. I also have a Breville Pie Magic in the attic. I use the yorkshire pudding tray to make mini-quiches - ideal for that.

The loveliest things I ever tasted as mini-desserts were from ASDA two Christmases ago. My brother brought home some miniature meringues with three varying fillings. Rasberry and cream, a toffee and nut sticky filling and strawberries. As one who is not a great sweet-eater I found them just about right in sweetness and size. However, it has to be observed that we tend to consume more when eating 'nibbles', it's a bit deceiving!

I just love vol-au-vents stuffed with fresh fish although I am not at all keen on Sushi. Fish has to be cooked and quite meaty where I am concerned!

Henhead
24-04-06, 12:26
Rare to Medium

If you have a steak well done, you might as well just have a couple slices of beef instead.

SUGARPIE
24-04-06, 12:29
Rare to Medium

If you have a steak well done, you might as well just have a couple slices of beef instead.

So very true. It loses it's flavour and it's texture when overcooked. Overcooked beef is tantamount to chewing on an old plimpsole :D

Ampersand
24-04-06, 12:31
So very true. It loses it's flavour and it's texture when overcooked. Overcooked beef is tantamount to chewing on an old plimpsole :D

But at least there's no blood. :p Nothing worse than getting blood on one's potatoes... :pi:

tlr online
24-04-06, 12:33
Rare to medium, but it's also very rare I eat red meat.

SUGARPIE
24-04-06, 12:36
But at least there's no blood. :p Nothing worse than getting blood on one's potatoes... :pi:

:vlol: I put so much vinegar on my food that it all mingles into a brown slush anyway :D

SUGARPIE
24-04-06, 12:37
Hey! Look at my emoticons above! The laughing one is beating up the grinning one :D

'Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me' ;)

Belfastard
24-04-06, 12:39

I had steak last night - rarer than I have ever had it before, it was raw in the middle and yet lovely!

It's far, far nicer like that! It's far more tasty! :D :tmb:

SUGARPIE
24-04-06, 12:45
It's far, far nicer like that! It's far more tasty! :D :tmb:

I guess we are a couple of right vamps Belfy! :D

Belfastard
24-04-06, 12:48
I guess we are a couple of right vamps Belfy! :D

Haha, I guess so! Hm, maybe I got my wish; maybe Keyth (Kiss-Bite) turned into a bat, flew over to Belfast and bit my neck and I've become a vampire!

(I wish!)

SUGARPIE
24-04-06, 13:04
Woo hoo Belfy, do I suspect a little crush going on here? ;) 'Never mind a crush, just BITE me' replies Belfy with neck fully extended :D

Belfastard
24-04-06, 13:06
Woo hoo Belfy, do I suspect a little crush going on here? ;) 'Never mind a crush, just BITE me' replies Belfy with neck fully extended :D

Haha, yes. It's more of a "school-girl" crush. Nothing serious! But he is very hot. I am sure you've seen pictures, yes? There's a few in Avatar Look-a-likes.

Oh yeah, and mine are in there, too! :)

SUGARPIE
24-04-06, 13:15
Guess what - I have taken pics of me for the avatar thread or should I say my neighbour's boyfriend took them in her presence but plugging in the USB camera lead in was what started off my computer crash again yesterday. The cable had to go back in before I could reboot successfully but I am in no way going to attach the lead to the camera lest it dies on me again.

You'll have to wait for my pic :( I'll edit my first post to include it once my new battery has been ordered, has arrived and been installed.) My bro is going to talk me through the procedure over the phone *dons intelligent goggles and gets screwdriver and latex gloves out* :D

Zip
24-04-06, 13:15
Medium rare i like it cooked but with a little bit af blood

Lavinder
24-04-06, 13:27
I like my steak cooked very well, i've tried rare steak and to me it tastes a bit kidneyfied. Raw meat does not decust me, its only the smell that makes me hurl :D

SUGARPIE
24-04-06, 13:33
I once fried kidneys and trust me they are awful fried. I do liver and kidney in thick gravy. Fried kidneys smell of exactly what their purpose is - urine filtering. In fact I have now officially gone off kidneys :p

Belfastard
24-04-06, 13:40
I once fried kidneys and trust me they are awful fried. I do liver and kidney in thick gravy. Fried kidneys smell of exactly what their purpose is - urine filtering. In fact I have now officially gone off kidneys :p

ROFL!

Do you like paté, Lo?

Belfastard
24-04-06, 13:41
Guess what - I have taken pics of me for the avatar thread or should I say my neighbour's boyfriend took them in her presence but plugging in the USB camera lead in was what started off my computer crash again yesterday. The cable had to go back in before I could reboot successfully but I am in no way going to attach the lead to the camera lest it dies on me again.

You'll have to wait for my pic :( I'll edit my first post to include it once my new battery has been ordered, has arrived and been installed.) My bro is going to talk me through the procedure over the phone *dons intelligent goggles and gets screwdriver and latex gloves out* :D

Can't wait for those pictures now I know they exsist! :D

Reggie
24-04-06, 13:50
I like mine well done and preferably spicy too.

Jebus
24-04-06, 13:59
medium to well done, i know people who just like it 'sealed' so it is raw in the middle but cooked on the outside!

SUGARPIE
24-04-06, 14:02
Belfy hi there again :wve:

There is a pic of moi on the Flat Screen TV Advice thread from last year :)

Yes I love Pate Belfy and I have been known to make my own using chicken livers and it's a bit good if I say so myself :tmb:

Belfastard
24-04-06, 14:09
Belfy hi there again :wve:

There is a pic of moi on the Flat Screen TV Advice thread from last year :)

Yes I love Pate Belfy and I have been known to make my own using chicken livers and it's a bit good if I say so myself :tmb:

I LOVE YOU. Can I come round? I adore chicken liver paté.. especially mixed with garlic! Yum. *mouth waters*

I'll take a nosey now @ the Flat Screen TV Thread.

Lavinder
24-04-06, 14:12

The texture and taste of kidneys just make me instantly spit it out. I'd rather do a bush tucker trial than eat one of those foul things

GeckoKid
24-04-06, 14:23
big fan of bloody meat, i like it 50% cooked :D

SUGARPIE
24-04-06, 14:34
I LOVE YOU. Can I come round? I adore chicken liver paté.. especially mixed with garlic! Yum. *mouth waters*

I'll take a nosey now @ the Flat Screen TV Thread.

Yep, I use prime butter and a good dose of garlic cloves too :D

I cook it for slightly longer because the onions need to soften but you don't get all those lumps of fat and gristle that you get from some shop-bought rubbish, it is gorgeously spreadable :D

Once you take a bit off the top it's all nice and pink underneath. Home-made pate is unbelievably good :tmb:

Belfastard
24-04-06, 14:40
Yep, I use prime butter and a good dose of garlic cloves too :D

I cook it for slightly longer because the onions need to soften but you don't get all those lumps of fat and gristle that you get from some shop-bought rubbish, it is gorgeously spreadable :D

Once you take a bit off the top it's all nice and pink underneath. Home-made pate is unbelievably good :tmb:

Ahhhhh! I want to try some! :cln: :cln: :cln:

SUGARPIE
24-04-06, 14:43
It's so easy to make, no secret ingredients, just a tender loving chef. Gordon Ramsey wouldn't like it though, he'd tell both me and my pate to **** off out of his kitchen :ton:

Dazzy
24-04-06, 14:45

Does anyone like a nice steak? Apologies if you are vegetarian, no offence meant!

How do you like your steak cooked?

I believe I had it once, it was digusting, seriously, I won't be going near a steak ever again!

SUGARPIE
24-04-06, 14:48
I believe I had it once, it was digusting, seriously, I won't be going near a steak ever again!

You are always closer to a steak than you think ;)

You never know what they are putting in those Big Macs dazzy ;)

Dazzy
24-04-06, 14:52
Im sticking to Fish Cakes from now on, won't be going near meat lol.

Belfastard
24-04-06, 14:54
It's so easy to make, no secret ingredients, just a tender loving chef. Gordon Ramsey wouldn't like it though, he'd tell both me and my pate to **** off out of his kitchen :ton:

:vlol:

Where did you get this recipe? I'd love to try and make it!

SUGARPIE
24-04-06, 15:10
I made it myself Belfy :D

Whack about a quarter of an UNSALTED butter pack in a nice big pan (preferrably a Wok), but melt it slowly. Put in a finely chopped onion (chop it in a mixer if possible) and fry on a low heat. Add finely chopped garlic cloves according to taste and in a seperate pan, cook two small packs of chicken or turkey livers (usually available in the frozen section of the super-duper market ;) ), in another quarter of a pack of UNSALTED butter.

I tend to cook the livers for about 20 mins on a medium heat because I like them to cook inside and out and they do take a while to cook through but you can do them for as little as 5 minutes (not something I personally recommend)

Once they are cooked to your satisfaction, just add the livers to the onion and garlic pan and add a small amount of seasoning if desired.

In the liver pan, pour in a table-spoon of sherry or wine which will pick up all the remnants of the pan and add that to the mix.

Pour the lot into a mixer and after a minute it will have blended well. Turn into small Tupperware (or similar) containers. When cooled you can freeze some of it :tmb:

Belfastard
24-04-06, 15:28
Thanks for that Lo. I shall print that out and try it some time.

However, I'd much prefer if you'd cook it for me! :vlol:

SUGARPIE
24-04-06, 15:33
Thanks for that Lo. I shall print that out and try it some time.

However, I'd much prefer if you'd cook it for me! :vlol:

You're welcome! It might go a bit off in the post though lol! Shame you live so far away :( :hug: I'd otherwise gladly make you some :)

yesrushdt
24-04-06, 15:36
Usually somewhere between medium and medium well. I like it a little pink but not too much.

Betal
24-04-06, 15:42
raw? Eugh. Ypu can get worms in you stomach. I don't know how to say that in english.

rachkitten
24-04-06, 15:57
I haven't ate meat for like 4 years now but my mum and sister alwayts have it in a stew ;)

Jacob x5
24-04-06, 15:57
I don't eat it. Foul. :p

jarhead
24-04-06, 16:09
i dont eat red meat :p

Lara Lover
24-04-06, 16:14
Don't like steak :p

Tramp
25-04-06, 04:14
To all the younger posters I used to eat my steak very well done too at your ages. But your tastes change as you get older. Like Sugar I cooked steak one night and was extremely hungry, I thought it was cooked through but when I cut into it it wasn't. I was too hungry to put it back in the pan and cook it some more. To my surprise I preferred it that way and usually eat it like that all the time now.

Thanks for the Pate recipe Lo. I absolutely love Pate.

I also do a Salmon Pate which is really yummy. I haven't done it for a long time. Will have to dig out the recipe and make some.

JACOBryanBURNS
25-04-06, 04:55
Medium Rare, thanks.

Maureen Errant
25-04-06, 04:57
Totally agree with Kate................My mother used to pass off burned boot soles as steak......ewwwwwwww. Turned me off steak for quite a while. Now I just like it blue............cooked about a minute on each side..........that's it.............:)

Jonnipants
25-04-06, 07:49
I eat mine with a knife and fork!

Medium..:p

Maureen Errant
25-04-06, 08:09
Not me.........I don't need tools.......have really sharp teeth.

Hey, I'm a dedicated carnivore, and I occasionally act like one.:cln:

Tramp
25-04-06, 11:02
Me too Kate.

I know who I'd like to sink my teeth into at the moment, and I'm damned sure he wouldn't like it.

Mister Mike
25-04-06, 11:43
Medium Rare

I don't care for steak much, though.

Airave
25-04-06, 13:15
Most of you....:confused:

Rare! Chared and seared ouside,
red and juicy inside. Almost raw.

Hot and fast, just like... never mind:D

Yeah.

I usually marinate my steaks overnight
in whatever seems appropriate at the time.

viper456
25-04-06, 13:31
im vegetarian so i dont eat it at all :D lol

SUGARPIE
25-04-06, 13:39
Stilton sauce is always a nice accompanyment for steak. I had it at a retaurant once and just made my own after that- a basic white sauce with a large wedge of stilton melted in - it's delicious if you like stilton, it really melts in the mouth!

Flux42
25-04-06, 15:11

Cremated
Burn to a crisp
gazhammer, I'm with you 100% man. The worst is when you make it extremely clear that you want it very well done and yet the monkeys in the kitchen cook it the same as everyone else's. Oh it burns me up. I have no problem sending it back either. If you can't do it right the first time, do it again.

And really for me, steak is just a vehicle for A1 anyway. :)

-James

SUGARPIE
25-04-06, 16:41
I am reluctant to send anything back to the kitchen - I've seen what can happen to your food if you dare to complain :D

gazhammer
25-04-06, 16:43
I am reluctant to send anything back to the kitchen - I've seen what can happen to your food if you dare to complain :D

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "SPECIAL SAUCE":yik:

jarhead
25-04-06, 16:44
me too - ive seen tarrant on cctv :D . i could never complain about food i get in a restaurant- its all nice and yummy.

CerebralAssassin
25-04-06, 18:16
the standard-knife and fork:D

Laras Backpack
25-04-06, 18:18
Well done!!! I went to france over the easter holidays for a university field trip and we were given medium-rare meat. Only a few of us could stomach it since it wasn't what we were used to. I lost alot of weight on that trip!! :D

Flux42
25-04-06, 19:32
Well steak is expensive and if it's not cooked dead I'll just gag when I try to force it down. So it's either take my chances with the cook or pay for something I won't eat.

-James

MiCkiZ88
25-04-06, 19:35
I love to have my steaks either medium rare.. juicy.. Or just plain old burned crispy! :jmp: :jmp:

JasonDavies15
25-04-06, 19:38
My steak? Well, I like slow cooked brasied steak, it's flakey and just easy to taer off. I do like rump steak though, only very well cooked however! :D

Greenkey2
25-04-06, 19:56
Mmmm steak sandwich :jmp:. I like mine medium rare - I'm not a fan of charcoal :D

Anyway here's a GREAT SUPER SMASHING GORGEOUS recipe I tried the other day.......

*Get some really nice crusty bread spread on a layer made of mayo, a splosh (techincal term) of balsamic vinegar and a finely chopped clove of garlic.

*Fry some red onions in a dash of olive oil, then add some more balsamic vinegar to make them really sizzle :D. Remove from heat.

*Now the steak. Use the best thin steak you can find, and lightly rub on some (you guessed it) balsamic vinegar. Fry gently until cooked - your own preference.

*Make up the sandwich with the steak, onions and bread, and add a generous amount of leafy salad and sliced cherry tomatoes. Enjoy.......and add balsamic vinegar to your shopping list, it appears you've used up the whole bottle :whi:

Lew
25-04-06, 21:00
You make the most random threads ever ;)

I dunno how i like mine erm... havnt tasted all the "versions" lol

xMiSsCrOfTx
25-04-06, 21:05
Sugs makes the best threads ever! :D :hug:

I prefer my stake butterflied and well done. Dead. No blood, yuck. And with some A1 Steak Sauce. Mmm. I'm hungry now! *Runs off to fridge*

AnthonyShock1515
25-04-06, 21:10
I like it straight from the cow, Im chomping on a cow leg now...fresh from Yorkshire:D

LOL JK:p

jarhead
25-04-06, 21:12
Mmmm steak sandwich :jmp:. I like mine medium rare - I'm not a fan of charcoal :D

Anyway here's a GREAT SUPER SMASHING GORGEOUS recipe I tried the other day.......

*Get some really nice crusty bread spread on a layer made of mayo, a splosh (techincal term) of balsamic vinegar and a finely chopped clove of garlic.

*Fry some red onions in a dash of olive oil, then add some more balsamic vinegar to make them really sizzle :D. Remove from heat.

*Now the steak. Use the best thin steak you can find, and lightly rub on some (you guessed it) balsamic vinegar. Fry gently until cooked - your own preference.

*Make up the sandwich with the steak, onions and bread, and add a generous amount of leafy salad and sliced cherry tomatoes. Enjoy.......and add balsamic vinegar to your shopping list, it appears you've used up the whole bottle :whi:

WoW- ever though about being a chef on TV?

i dont eat steak but can someone tell me the point of having your steak black and blue- i know what black and blue means but why cook meat like it?

Angel666
25-04-06, 21:15
Rare to medium rare. I don't like it well done. Looses all the taste, imo.

Lew
25-04-06, 21:21
Sugs makes the best threads ever! :D :hug:

I prefer my stake butterflied and well done. Dead. No blood, yuck. And with some A1 Steak Sauce. Mmm. I'm hungry now! *Runs off to fridge*

Lol Im thirsty now

RoseTyler
25-04-06, 21:23
Fried steak and chips ...mmmmm

lee32uk
25-04-06, 22:12
im not really a lover of steak.Give me a nice sea bass anyday :)

SUGARPIE
25-04-06, 22:23
im not really a lover of steak.Give me a nice sea bass anyday :)

Yummy, I often favour the salmon or a nice trout when dining out. I only buy cheaper cuts of steak to cook at home as restaraunt steak can be rather filling if you get a huge lump of it!

Greenkey2
26-04-06, 15:58
WoW- ever though about being a chef on TV?

It's a recipe we saw on TV a few weeks ago :D We were going to just have plain old bacon sandwiches, then this came on. When it was finished we just looked at each other and said "we've got to try that!" Seriously yummy :tmb:

Airave
26-04-06, 17:01
BTW folks, if you order "well done" or worse,
you will get the worst and oldest cut available.

Good chiefs will be disgusted with you
and give you what you deserve.
Since the cut will be ruined anyways.

Better to order pasta if you are like that.

Just sayin'...

Flux42
26-04-06, 19:28
Good chiefs will be disgusted with you
and give you what you deserve.
Actually where I come from, a "good chef" respects the customer's taste and doesn't judge them based on how they order their steak. A "good chef" does the best they can with what they have to work with.

-James

Airave
26-04-06, 19:38
Actually where I come from, a "good chef" respects the customer's taste and doesn't judge them based on how they order their steak. A "good chef" does the best they can with what they have to work with.

-James

In theory and in best wishes, yes!
Reality is another thing, in many cases.

ChocChipCookie
26-04-06, 19:44

I agree with you there Sugs, but I had to make an exception one time when I was served Chicken Kiev which was RAW in the middle :yik: I couldn't believe it. I mean if I wanted salmonella, I would have ordered it :mad: