PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here work out regularly?

jjbennett
24-04-06, 20:17
Just wondering if anyone here does?
I've got my own set up with a bench and all the weights and what not, train 3x a week.

Just curious to see how many other people do.

J.

JACOBryanBURNS
24-04-06, 20:17
I run four miles a day and do crunches to no avail... damnit.

Ampersand
24-04-06, 20:18
Not me, apart from walking around my house a lot for no reason whatsoever. :D

YvesSL
24-04-06, 20:18
No, I can't stand working out. Ew.

JACOBryanBURNS
24-04-06, 20:19
I love it! I run ALL THE TIME. If i can't sleep often I go jogging.

RoseTyler
24-04-06, 20:22
I try to work out as regularly as I can... my butt's way too big :p

jjbennett
24-04-06, 20:22
Im a weights man myself and running JACOBryanBURNS, yeah i do that. Cardio generally has that effect though, if you cant sleep just to 10 minutes heavy running and then cool down and you'll go out like a light!

wonderboy
24-04-06, 20:24
I work out all the time... well 4 times a week 30 min of cardio and 1.5 hours of weight training. Plus I teah hiphop... so it makes up for the fatty office job.

BlackGrey
I put my feet under the couch and do sit ups, i have a lovely tonned stomach now :D Keep it up, every once in a while :p

Enchantress
I DO I DO First I open my cubard, then I take out the M&Ms then open them Then the hardest part of it is Chuing :D just kidding I run with my dog for 8 miles every day

wonderboy
24-04-06, 20:26
8 miles!? Good for you!

Enchantress
24-04-06, 20:27
8 miles!? Good for you!

Not realy I use to do 9

jjbennett
24-04-06, 20:29
Ive got a fun run next tuesday at school, 1 mile in a backwards chaingang, its gonna be interesting to say the least!

SUGARPIE
24-04-06, 20:29
I am always working out the answer to my gas bills :(

Signed: Penny-pinching of the Peaks :(

wonderboy
24-04-06, 20:30
I'm also taking these horrible meal suppliments because I have a very high metoblism that prohibits me from putting on any substantial weight. I drink 2 cans a day and each can contains... get this...

1800 Calories.
58g Protein

That would be enough to turn anybody into a blimp... unfortunately i'm a twig if i don't work out.

YvesSL
24-04-06, 20:31
OMG! We are going to have this running thing in school were you run a check for checkpoints etc... it's so not cool. I always force at least one of my friends to walk with me.

Kamrusepas
24-04-06, 20:31
I run a lot at work.

RoseTyler
24-04-06, 20:33
I'm also taking these horrible meal suppliments because I have a very high metoblism that prohibits me from putting on any substantial weight. I drink 2 cans a day and each can contains... get this...

1800 Calories.
58g Protein

That would be enough to turn anybody into a blimp... unfortunately i'm a twig if i don't work out.

Omg I want some of that :eek: I'm having so much trouble gaining weight, and any weight I do gain just clings to my butt! :( So I'm like a stick with a huge butt... a bit like a spider but with less limbs ;)

Lavinder
24-04-06, 20:33
I use to excersize alot but then I can't be bothered to get really skinny anymore because the fat *****es at my school get drooled over.

I'm not saying I want to be fat ;)

jjbennett
24-04-06, 20:36
Rose - Try cardio and more compound exercises, theres also some arse machines in gyms although ive never used one myself.

Lavinder - Its nice to see someone not obsessed with being thin, natural is better IMO.

J.

EDIT {speeling :D}

wonderboy
LOL spider. It's called Monster Max and it tastes like pina coladas mixes very thouroughly too so it's now thick and powdery it's about 90$ for a pack of 12 but so worth it.

Lavinder
Omg I want some of that :eek: I'm having so much trouble gaining weight, and any weight I do gain just clings to my butt! :( So I'm like a stick with a huge butt... a bit like a spider but with less limbs ;)

Make sure you don't eat big portions after being hungry. Always make sure that you spead your meals otherwise all the fat you just ate will automatically rush to your hips and butt :)

RoseTyler
24-04-06, 20:37
Rose - Try cardio and more compuond exercises, theres also some arse machines in gyms although ive never used one myself.

Arse machines! :vlol: :vlol:

lol thanks for the advice ;)

Lavinder
24-04-06, 20:38
Lavinder - Its nice to see someone not obsessed with being thin, natural is better IMO.

I like girls with some meat one them but a flat tummy :D

wonderboy
24-04-06, 20:38
you can tone your bum up but you can't lose fat in targeted areas by working out... but who says having a toned body and a nice bum is a bad thing.

RoseTyler
24-04-06, 20:40
Make sure you don't eat big portions after being hungry. Always make sure that you spead your meals otherwise all the fat you just ate will automatically rush to your hips and butt :)

Really? :eek: Damn, and I just ate dinner lol!

Thanks for the info. :hug:

Eleanna123
24-04-06, 20:41
I do yoga now and then.
In the past I used to do aerobics but got sick of all the jumping around :mad:
Even though I'm ok I wouldn't mind loosing a bit of fat around the arse as well :D It's a very tricky spot grrr

RoseTyler
24-04-06, 20:42
you can tone your bum up but you can't lose fat in targeted areas by working out... but who says having a toned body and a nice bum is a bad thing.

Thats not a bad thing... having a toned body and a HUGE bum is a bad thing :p

Eleanna123
24-04-06, 20:43

So how do you lose that bum fat? :D
The way Lavinder said?

Lavinder
24-04-06, 20:44
Really? :eek: Damn, and I just ate dinner lol!

Thanks for the info. :hug:

I am really bad at doing it because I never hardly can get breakfast down me and I don't eat my dinner at school because I don't like eating infront of people and then I get home and eat dinner, and all the fat that was in that dinner goes on to my butt.

I am really trying not to do this but my body is so use to being starved all day I don't get hungry anymore.

I just wish that my arse would get smaller and some other parts would get a tad bit bigger :p

xMiSsCrOfTx
24-04-06, 20:45
I do yoga and try to eat right. I also do core training and a bit weightlifting. I go walking very often as well.

RoseTyler
24-04-06, 20:46
I am really bad at doing it because I never hardly can get breakfast down me and I don't eat my dinner at school because I don't like eating infront of people and then I get home and eat dinner, and all the fat that was in that dinner goes on to my butt.

I am really trying not to do this but my body is so use to being starved all day I don't get hungry anymore.

I just wish that my arse would get smaller and some other parts would get a tad bit bigger :p

Omg you sound like me! :eek: I cannot eat infront of anyone, I go ages without eating anything coz I can blank the hunger out and then when I do eat it tends to be a lot.

And yes, definately need smaller arse and bigger 'other parts' ;) :D

I want an exercise which pushes the fat from your arse to the other parts!

wonderboy
24-04-06, 20:47
nah that actually isn't true, the way your body stores fat is contolled by your metabolism. Although it is recommended that if you're trying to lose weight or tone up that you should eat 6 small meals aday rather than 3 big ones.

Lavinder
24-04-06, 20:49
nah that actually isn't true, the way your body stores fat is contolled by your metabolism. Although it is recommended that if you're trying to lose weight or tone up that you should eat 6 small meals aday rather than 3 big ones.
You body does not have no food all day so when you intake food your body panicks and stores it all away because it thinks its going to get starved again ;) and for woman fat is stored in the hips and arse :)

Reggie
24-04-06, 20:51
I do use weights every other day but they're too light to really help me benifit from it - Gym membership are too expensive as well, I'm always out about walking though.

RoseTyler
You body does not have no food all day so when you intake food your body panicks and stores it all away because it thinks its going to get starved again ;)

And it just has to choose your arse! ggrrr :hea: LMAO

JACOBryanBURNS
I have a fat arse and let me tell you. I love it. <3

wonderboy
24-04-06, 20:52
the whole fat storage thing because your body panicks actually only happens after at 3 days of crash dieting. Your metoblism doesn't change in hours, but Lavinder your very right about woman putting weight on hips and waist first it's due to the whole child bearing thing you lovely lady's were blessed wiht.

Lavinder
24-04-06, 20:52
I do use weights every other day but they're too light to really help me benifit from it - Gym membership are too expensive as well, I'm always out about walking though.

Buy a workout DVD and a workout mat if your TV room is big enough :)

I can't do this because I live with my family and it would be embarrassing :o

SUGARPIE
24-04-06, 20:53
I'm naturally thin - one of those Sheila's that other Sheila's hate. But then again I am the one who will die prematurely from falling down the stairs and breaking one of my spare ribs :D

wonderboy
24-04-06, 20:53
Jazzersize Lavinder it's not embarassing LOL

Lavinder
24-04-06, 20:54
I have a fat arse and let me tell you. I love it. <3
You do not have a fat arse :D Unless those jeans were REALLY tight.

Working out infront of your dad when your 14 is rather embarrassing :o

Reggie
24-04-06, 20:56
Buy a workout DVD and a workout mat if your TV room is big enough :)

I can't do this because I live with my family and it would be embarrassing :o

lol same here :p

Plus those work out DVD's aren't supposed be very good - anyone here used a workout DVD before?

wonderboy
24-04-06, 20:57
http://www.rugbyfootball.com/gallery1/richard_simmons_2.jpg if richard simmons says you bust your bums than it must be true!!

Reggie
24-04-06, 20:59
http://www.rugbyfootball.com/gallery1/richard_simmons_2.jpg if richard simmons says you bust your bums than it must be true!!

LOL!

Lavinder
24-04-06, 20:59
lol same here :p

Plus those work out DVD's aren't supposed be very good - anyone here used a workout DVD before?

My mom used a DVD workout before and she did it for half an hour each day for a month or so and she is so fit now :eek:

Reggie
24-04-06, 21:05
My mom used a DVD workout before and she did it for half an hour each day for a month or so and she is so fit now :eek:

lol that's good to hear lavinder, oh and I do mixed martial arts too.

Belfastard
24-04-06, 23:45

ROFLMAO!

JACOBryanBURNS
25-04-06, 02:19
You do not have a fat arse :D Unless those jeans were REALLY tight.

Working out infront of your dad when your 14 is rather embarrassing :o

The jeans are all but painted on they're so tight. I was going out though... gotta keep the boys on their toes...:p But I promise you. *ghetto butt*

ILG49ers
25-04-06, 02:22
I work out all the time! :yah: :D

I go to the gym 5 days a week to lift weights, and I run 1-2 miles everyday. :)

Spitfire
25-04-06, 04:02
wow...im not a big sports or work out person so i basically swimmin 2-4 hours every day or skip a day everynow and then and just eat right, works for me.

Asian_Lara
25-04-06, 07:03
I run four miles a day and do crunches to no avail... damnit.

thats amazing, I have always been jealous at ppl who can run long distance, 3 mile is my max, and I never like to run even 1 mile

Emily Cartwright
25-04-06, 07:39
I liek to do either yoga or pilates every day and go to the gym for a couple hours hours 4 times a week....

But I can't do anything for another couples of weeks.... *cries* Appendectomies suck!

GodOfLight
25-04-06, 08:19
yeah, i enjoy working out. i'm a member at a gym here that costs me $80 per month!!! which is why i go almost everyday to make use of it lol :p

i've been doing this for a year now and the results are really stunning and hot :p :jmp:

Lavinder
25-04-06, 08:25
The jeans are all but painted on they're so tight. I was going out though... gotta keep the boys on their toes...:p But I promise you. *ghetto butt*

Hehehe :D Shake it my man!

Maureen Errant
25-04-06, 08:26
I try not to work-out:ton:

Actually I do a lot of walking. I can't run....blown cartilage in one knee and I'm delaying surgery for as long as I can.
Lift weights once in a while.....but not often enough.
Love to learn kick-boxing though.

Wizzy
25-04-06, 09:26
i like working out but i have no equipment. I just think i could get a little built but i don't mind how i look now :D

Airave
25-04-06, 10:25
I ran, biked and worked out in gyms for
many, many years. Running is out now
because of various injuries (and 3 screws
fusing my ankle/leg together) and no time
for weight training anymore (or interest).

Am a good swimmer too, but meh.
Can't be bothered with public pools
or the boredom of laps.

Have also done a few years of Horse riding
which kept me pretty fit (esp. when you add
in all the work involved in owning a horse).
But do to time/money/danger factors I gave
that up couple years ago (shortly before my
daughter was born)

These days I work-out on an elitpter or go
Nordic Walking a few times a week. Great
for cardio/endurance and all around toning.
Very effecient.

Asian_Lara
26-04-06, 05:11
I ran, biked and worked out in gyms for
many, many years. Running is out now
because of various injuries (and 3 screws
fusing my ankle/leg together) and no time
for weight training anymore (or interest).

Am a good swimmer too, but meh.
Can't be bothered with public pools
or the boredom of laps.

Have also done a few years of Horse riding
which kept me pretty fit (esp. when you add
in all the work involved in owning a horse).
But do to time/money/danger factors I gave
that up couple years ago (shortly before my
daughter was born)

These days I work-out on an elitpter or go
Nordic Walking a few times a week. Great
for cardio/endurance and all around toning.
Very effecient.

woww, you had training like a athletic

Capt. Murphy
26-04-06, 05:51
No time to work out. I'm too busy being patronised with silly/easy questions.:ton:

SMSL
26-04-06, 05:56
No time to work out. I'm too busy being patronised with silly/easy questions.:ton:

I guess that's my line to stop debating with you, Capt. *salutes and dismisses*

Maureen Errant
26-04-06, 06:01

:(

stereopathic
26-04-06, 06:07
i run three miles a day, four days a week and do push-ups and crunches on days i don't run. used to play basketball five days a week until i blew out both of my ankles. that pretty much sucked.

Capt. Murphy
26-04-06, 06:12
:vlol: Don't cry people. :p

gazhammer
26-04-06, 06:12
Gym 5x a week.
500 Crunches a day.
Jogging.
Football.
Skipping.
Boxing.

............... i'd love to say i do all that:vlol:

No seriously, i do - do the above, although not to the point of trying to look like Arnie Schwarzeneger or anything, its just that 2 years ago i was a 40 Cig a day Alchoholic and the Doc warned me i wouldnt make it to 40!. For some reason this bothered me(must have been slightly more sober than usual):D

Anyway, havent had a drink or a ciggie in almost 2 years, although my body is still not in the kind of shape that i want, i can at least put my boxers on the right way around now.:D

Seriously though, whats the secret to losing an ex beer belly?. (i've tried everything):(

GodOfLight
26-04-06, 06:21

as if that was an excuse :ton:

JACOBryanBURNS
26-04-06, 06:33
i run three miles a day, four days a week and do push-ups and crunches on days i don't run. used to play basketball five days a week until i blew out both of my ankles. that pretty much sucked.

YOU'RE A MACHINE, MAN! *oggles in admiration*

Maureen Errant
26-04-06, 06:41
Seriously though, whats the secret to losing an ex beer belly?. (i've tried everything):(

I know what you mean Gaz..........I've got a few body parts that I'm not happy with either, and nothing I do seems to work:hea: :hea: It can be sooooo bloody frustrating.
Does the craving for ciggies ever go away.............I smoked for over 30 years and I haven't had one for exactly 3 months. I think of having one at least 10 times a day. The physical craving is gone...........what's left now is the oral fixation that needs appeasing.:D

croft28
26-04-06, 06:43
Yep, im a gym junky. Im there 5 days a week, 3 days of weights, 2 days of hard cardio!

gazhammer
26-04-06, 06:45
I know what you mean Gaz..........I've got a few body parts that I'm not happy with either, and nothing I do seems to work:hea: :hea: It can be sooooo bloody frustrating.
Does the craving for ciggies ever go away.............I smoked for over 30 years and I haven't had one for exactly 3 months. I think of having one at least 10 times a day. The physical craving is gone...........what's left now is the oral fixation that needs appeasing.:D

The craving certainly hasnt gone yet:( , bet your Husband/Boyfriend is impressed with this oral fixation of yours?.:vlol:

StormHarvey
26-04-06, 06:46
I just started last month..Well I only do minimal push-ups and sit-ups everyday. I don't want to shock my body and do 100 of em. Anyone know how a guy with very fast metabolism gain weight? I eat a lot but still I don't gain weight..:( I oughta try that Monster Max..but $90 per pack..:eek: and I think I'm too young..I'm only 15..:pi:

wonderboy
26-04-06, 06:52
Don't go nuts working out hard WILL stunt your growth. Just force yourself to eat 6 meals a day with enough protein to build muscle and that usually is worked out for every pound you are you should be taking 1g of protein so I'm 150 so I should be taking 150 grams of protein everyday. Consider taking Gluetimein AFTER your work out to help prevent your body from becoming stiff.

gazhammer
26-04-06, 06:52
I just started last month..Well I only do minimal push-ups and sit-ups everyday. I don't want to shock my body and do 100 of em. Anyone know how a guy with very fast metabolism gain weight? I eat a lot but still I don't gain weight..:( I oughta try that Monster Max..but $90 per pack..:eek: and I think I'm too young..I'm only 15..:pi:

PROTEIN, although like anything, you still cannot overdo it. When i started going to the gym i weighed 10 and a half stone(6stone of beer belly):D

After taking some supplements(not steroids), and increasing my calorie intake i am now 13 and a half stone and apart from my stomach, am pretty pleased with my size.

If you are interested i could easily work out a simple beginners training program for you?, but first answer me this.... how tall are you and how much do you weigh?.

wonderboy
26-04-06, 06:57
The best way to work out is to for the first 5 weeks work out every part of your body to build a base. I prefer using dumbbells because machines often are designed to assist you and people's body's are naturally stronger on one side and will use their stronger side to assist the weaker side. After you build up a comfortable base you want to break your work out down in to days. On each day you will work out a primary and a secondary muscle so for example my work out works like this.

Day 1.

- Calf, Shoulders, Back, and Biceps
- Quads, Triceps, Chest, and Core
- Bum, and Core, delts

this will help you develop your muscles evenly but you also want to have a day or two in between to allow your muscles to grow. Finally, don't lie to yourself. If you can't bicep curl 40 pounds, than don't! Nothing is worse than those guys who lift weights that are way heavier than they should be and they do stupid things like swing their body's to assist the curl. Oh and remember to squeeze tight when you contract.

StormHarvey
26-04-06, 07:04
Thanks for the advice! I'll try to eat more than usual..but I just want my body to be toned a bit. I'm not overdoing anything. I'm still short for my age but I'm still growing..XD I'll take serious training when I'm about 18 or something..

Palindromi
26-04-06, 11:12
I go to gym 3-4 times per week and cycle around in rest of days. Indoor rowing has also interested some time too, nowadays 2000 m goes under 7 min.