PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else feel like this....

Pablo.CT
24-04-06, 21:20
Hi, Im doing my Final GCSE'S in about a month. I get good grades and for my mocks I got 5 a-c's, I recently got my Drama exam score back and it was A*.
Im now worrying about my other subjects. I need to start revising what I know properly. I am getting really scared incase I fail. Has anyone else had that same feeling

Laras Backpack
24-04-06, 21:31
Hi, Im doing my Final GCSE'S in about a month. I get good grades and for my mocks I got 5 a-c's, I recently got my Drama exam score back and it was A*.

:yah:

Im now worrying about my other subjects. I need to start revising what I know properly. I am getting really scared incase I fail.
I have my exams this june. They're just second year exams and don't count towards my degree but I'm still nervous. It's totally natural.
Just relax, plan your revision with a realistic set of goals and remember to take time off to rest and eat well. In the exam remember that you'll probably only get to do the test once so take a deep breath and throw yourself into it. Focus on answering the exam questions as well as you can in the time alotted. Be totally set on the task but stay focused and calm. That works for me if it's any help. :)

Pablo.CT
24-04-06, 21:33
:yah:

I have my exams this june. They're just second year exams and don't count towards my degree but I'm still nervous. It's totally natural.
Just relax, plan your revision with a realistic set of goals and remember to take time off to rest and eat well. In the exam remember that you'll probably only get to do the test once so take a deep breath and throw yourself into it. Focus on answering the exam questions as well as you can in the time alotted. Be totally set on the task but stay focused and calm. That works for me if it's any help. :)

Thanx LB. U have always looked out for me. Ur my Forum bessie lol. Have u got any tips on revision.

xMiSsCrOfTx
24-04-06, 21:38
Of course I'd had the feeling I'd fail. You can't have a negative attitude with these kinds of things, though. All you need to do is try your best - no one can force you to do any more than that. If you just study (don't cram, but study well) and relax during the actual test, you'll do fine, I'm sure! :tmb:

I wish you the best of luck, I have final exams coming up REALLY soon and I'm a little worried about those too. :(

Ampersand
24-04-06, 21:40
I have a GCSE exam coming up in June, but funnily enough I don't get nervous until I'm sitting there with the papers in front of me. It was only when I was in school (and everyone else was getting nervous and panicking) that I got stressed out over exams. :)

Just remember not to cram when you revise. Keep the most vital things in mind, but don't worry too much about the rest. For example, if the subject's History, you aren't going to be asked to remember every single date, so don't struggle to memorize them all. Taking down short notes helps, and they're easier to read and remember. :)

I'm sure you'll do fine in your exams, as long as you make an effort. Good luck with them. :tmb:

MelikeLara
24-04-06, 21:42
i have my final exams starting may 23rd, i'm cacking myself lol. i plan to just try my best, that's all everyone can do! that's all you will need to do pablo, you already seem very intelligent!

Enchantress
24-04-06, 21:49
Ya every day I am in vet tech college

Pablo.CT
24-04-06, 21:53
i have my final exams starting may 23rd, i'm cacking myself lol. i plan to just try my best, that's all everyone can do! that's all you will need to do pablo, you already seem very intelligent!

Thank U so much. Starting from Tommorow I will plan a Revision programme and then follow it. And just relax.

Laras Backpack
24-04-06, 21:57
Thanx LB. U have always looked out for me. Ur my Forum bessie lol. Have u got any tips on revision.
:hug:

My brother calls me a nerd for this, but I try to make revision as fun as possible. I make flash cards with key facts on them. Last summer I made A4 sized brain storming sheets with facts and discussion points about each topic we covered in archaeology.
Revising with friends is good, as well as revision classes at school if they do them. They're a drag but can really help. Each subject may require a slightly different revision strategy but all need practice and repetition. Revision guides are expensive but there are some really good ones out there. Especially the ones with practice tests and tips in them.
I just try to find something enjoyable and interesting in each subject to focus on and stop all the revision from becoming too much of a chore.
Good luck Pablo!!

Pablo.CT
24-04-06, 21:58
:hug:

My brother calls me a nerd for this, but I try to make revision as fun as possible. I make flash cards with key facts on them. Last summer I made A4 sized brain storming sheets with facts and discussion points about each topic we covered in archaeology.
Revising with friends is good, as well as revision classes at school if they do them. They're a drag but can really help. Each subject may require a slightly different revision strategy but all need practice and repetition. Revision guides are expensive but there are some really good ones out there. Especially the ones with practice tests and tips in them.
I just try to find something enjoyable and interesting in each subject to focus on and stop all the revision from becoming too much of a chore.
Good luck Pablo!!

No that really is a good Idea. Thats how I got 100% in my science exam. Brainstorms and Flah Cards.

Rivendell
24-04-06, 22:03
I hated GCSE's! Now I'm doing A level's and I dislike them even more!

GCSE Science I got a 'D' < my lowest mark ever. I looked at it and was miffed for about 10 minutes, then thought 'What the hell, I'm never going to need science for what I want to do!"
Media/Drama/Eng Lit is the way for me... Eng Lit and Film studies in uni will be schweet . :D

Don't worry about them really.. Well, worry a bit, but keep your head, revise properly, be confident and I'm sure you'll fly through them!

Best of luck Pablo! :D

Geck-o-Lizard
24-04-06, 22:15
Got my Higher exams through the second half of May. I never really panic until the evening before, when I get out all my textbooks and notes and do some frantic last-minute memorising of things I think I might've missed or forgotten about. During the exams themselves though I'm always cool and calm. I actually enjoy sitting the exams - it's proof of how much I've progressed through the year and I can actually see how well I've done, and leaving the exam hall for the last time this year I'll walk out the school gates and never have to return in uniform. :D

So in the exam hall, if you've revised properly and learned what you were supposed to - and if you do past papers as part of your studying and don't have too much trouble with them then you'll know you've learned what you had to - then don't panic because you'll do just fine. You'll get the grade you deserve, and if you studied thoroughly and deserve an A, that's what you'll get (if the marker isn't a grumpy old bat). :tmb:

Pablo.CT
25-04-06, 21:05
Thanx everyone.

jarhead
25-04-06, 21:08
ive got mine comming up in a couple of weeks, but dont see them as 'i could fail'. negative outlook means a negative result. dont worry, revise reasonabble, dont cram stuff in all at once. and on the night before do something you really enjoy ( unless its getting hammered down the local, in which case dont do that) :D

you will be fine

Zip
26-04-06, 17:25
Don't worry i didn't and i aint the sharpest tool in the shed,i got D's in english,maths and sciences but i could have changed this but i never woory im in the 6th form and well im sittin masths again so thats now a c english im crap at i will fix it later in life and well science i can do if i want everything is fixable and well don't worry

viper456
26-04-06, 17:29
Im now worrying about my other subjects. I need to start revising what I know properly. I am getting really scared incase I fail. Has anyone else had that same feeling

b4 i started my gcse's i felt exactly the same and i did really bad in my mocks to tell the truth and it didnt motivate me at all lol

i didnt do any real revision for my final ones and i came out with 2 As 6 Bs and a C. and i thought that was pretty good!

I'm not saying dont do any revision, because i guess i was just lucky, but dont get totally stressed out over them, they aint as bad as they seem :) i'm not a boy genious, and i did fine (duno how i got 2 B's for science i was the kid who could never answer a question in class

i did mine about 2 years ago so they won't be to different either, and people tend to do better in the final GCSE's than they do in the mocks so your off to a good start haha :p