PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a nice little slim line second hand PS2

illuminati30
25-04-06, 10:53
I had one before, but it was the old fashioned bulky one. The new slim line one is cute. Although i am a bit concerned about it not having a cooling fan. I hope this is not going to be a problem, although i notice the power pack is much bigger! Making a slim line and silver version was a smart move by Sony! The PS2 is currently the most expensive console on the market after Xbox 360! (correct me if i am wrong)

I got rid of the first one when I heard Legend was going to be on Xbox, and I sold my old PS2 for the Xbox, which was a mistake. I have yet to sell my Crystal Xbox to pay for it though. I now have a GC, Xbox, Xbox 360, and a PS2 so itís getting a bit crazy! Anyone want to buy a Crystal Xbox? :p

Have wanted the PS2 back since seeing Shadow of the Colossus, as I Loved ICO, which I want back! Hated the Xbox controller, and the games did not appeal to me as much. I am not mad about many of the PS2 titles either, but the choice is slightly more in my style. I dont like shooting, fighting, driving games etc. I like games that look like art.

I also want to get all the old TR games again since it has been ages since I played them and I am useless at mucking around with PCís! Anyone know where I can get them? I am thinking maybe eBay. My friend keeps telling me I should play Silent Hill and I have never played it, so I might try and get those as well. What FF games should I get? I have played FF7 only.

So what have I missed PS2 wise since I have been gone? What titles should I look for? I really need to stop giving stuff away / selling stuff so quickly!

PS I donít like GTA! :D

ace_85
25-04-06, 11:03
Welcome back from the Dark Side, brother :D Ok, hope this helps to get you back up to speed :)

- Shadow of the Colussus - You need this game, and ICO has recently been re-released for the princely sum of £19.99

- For older TR games, your best bet is Amazon or eBay, they can usually be found for under a tenner

- If you're thinking about Silent Hill (which I recommend fully) a compilation pack of SH 2,3 and 4 has just been released to coincide with the film. It's Limited Edition mind, so might not be around forever

Tomb of Legends
25-04-06, 11:05
Mine only froze when new, never has it froze again in 2 years. Since your's isnt new it shouldnt freeze at all.

illuminati30
25-04-06, 11:05
Welcome back from the Dark Side, brother :D Ok, hope this helps to get you back up to speed :)

- Shadow of the Colussus - You need this game, and ICO has recently been re-released for the princely sum of £19.99

- For older TR games, your best bet is Amazon or eBay, they can usually be found for under a tenner

- If you're thinking about Silent Hill (which I recommend fully) a compilation pack of SH 2,3 and 4 has just been released to coincide with the film. It's Limited Edition mind, so might not be around forever

Excellent! Just the right time for Silent Hill :jmp:

Thank you :wve:

MaxPayne
25-04-06, 11:10
dont forget God Of War

illuminati30
25-04-06, 11:14
dont forget God Of War

:tmb:

YvesSL
25-04-06, 11:15
Why didn't you buy a cooling fan?

illuminati30
25-04-06, 11:16
Why didn't you buy a cooling fan?

:confused:

What i mean is the original PS2 had a cooling fan inside. The new slim line one does not have one :)

angelika
25-04-06, 11:21
My fiance has the slim one but we are not very satisfied. The absence of the fun reduce the noise a lot but we encountered many problems while saving mostly. I kept my old black bulky PS but I must admit the best I used was the silver one. No noise, no problems no nothing. We traded it for the slim one but now regrets.

illuminati30
25-04-06, 11:39
My fiance has the slim one but we are not very satisfied. The absence of the fun reduce the noise a lot but we encountered many problems

:whi:

Still talking about PS2 right?

:tea:

LegenDarY
25-04-06, 11:42
you should REALLY get FF8 + FF10, those are great games, FF8 has 4 cd's and both have such an amazing story.. love those games..

illuminati30
25-04-06, 11:45
you should REALLY get FF8 + FF10, those are great games, FF8 has 4 cd's and both have such an amazing story.. love those games..

Cool i defo will!

Are any of them the online game? ,because i cant play that :(

How many hours do they take to play?

LegenDarY
25-04-06, 12:02
Cool i defo will!

Are any of them the online game? ,because i cant play that :(

How many hours do they take to play?
no not online.. FFX took me over 50 hours.. and after you've finished the game, there's still so much you can unlock..

FFXIII i can't remember, it also took me quite some hours, which i like..

interstellardave
25-04-06, 12:20
LOL, I don't think you'll have enough time to play all these games, illuminati! I used to buy so many $20.00 games that were all good but I traded a lot of them in without even playing them. I accepted the fact that unless I quit my job or won the lottery I'd never be able to play them all! Too many good cheap games is a trap!

scoopy_loopy
25-04-06, 12:30
ive never had anyproblems with mine not having a cooling fan. Nd its been on for about 3 days srtaight now... its all good.

LegenDarY
25-04-06, 12:36
interstellardave i looooooooooooooooooooooooooooove your avatar..

evil willow is the coolest thing that happened to the buffy series, and buffy jumping in that portal and dying with that goddess Glory..

i'm sorry.. was very off topic.. i just love buffy the vampire slayer and angel.. great programns

illuminati30
25-04-06, 14:03
LOL, I don't think you'll have enough time to play all these games, illuminati! I used to buy so many $20.00 games that were all good but I traded a lot of them in without even playing them. I accepted the fact that unless I quit my job or won the lottery I'd never be able to play them all! Too many good cheap games is a trap!

Ah well, at least I cant play all the old TR games again :cln:

illuminati30
25-04-06, 14:51
Wish me luck, i am going to bid on the TR 2 - 5 on ebay. Probably against someone on this forum LOL

Zip
25-04-06, 14:54
Don't stand it up they brake more if you stand ps2 up my cous has had 3 stood up and they all broke i have my original from when they were released on its side and its fine

Legend of Lara
25-04-06, 15:57
I had one before, but it was the old fashioned bulky one. The new slim line one is cute. Although i am a bit concerned about it not having a cooling fan. I hope this is not going to be a problem, although i notice the power pack is much bigger! Making a slim line and silver version was a smart move by Sony! The PS2 is currently the most expensive console on the market after Xbox 360! (correct me if i am wrong)

I got rid of the first one when I heard Legend was going to be on Xbox, and I sold my old PS2 for the Xbox, which was a mistake. I have yet to sell my Crystal Xbox to pay for it though. I now have a GC, Xbox, Xbox 360, and a PS2 so itís getting a bit crazy! Anyone want to buy a Crystal Xbox? :p

Have wanted the PS2 back since seeing Shadow of the Colossus, as I Loved ICO, which I want back! Hated the Xbox controller, and the games did not appeal to me as much. I am not mad about many of the PS2 titles either, but the choice is slightly more in my style. I dont like shooting, fighting, driving games etc. I like games that look like art.

I also want to get all the old TR games again since it has been ages since I played them and I am useless at mucking around with PCís! Anyone know where I can get them? I am thinking maybe eBay. My friend keeps telling me I should play Silent Hill and I have never played it, so I might try and get those as well. What FF games should I get? I have played FF7 only.

So what have I missed PS2 wise since I have been gone? What titles should I look for? I really need to stop giving stuff away / selling stuff so quickly!

PS I donít like GTA! :D

Congrats on getting the Slimline PS2. I don't like GTA either. So slow and poorly looking :p

illuminati30
25-04-06, 16:03
Congrats on getting the Slimline PS2. I don't like GTA either. So slow and poorly looking :p

Thanks!

Yeah i just think that game is cheap and nasty!

I won the auction :jmp:

Sorry if i beat anyone here :(