PDA

View Full Version : The Chronicles Of Narnia

daventry
25-04-06, 12:21
01. I bought the Chronicles Of Narnia Video and i really liked it, in my opinion it was way better then Harry Potter.

02. I read that a Special Edition DVD with extra Scenes that werent in Theater is on DVD, is it them that are now being sold in Stores.

03. I dont know the Books, but when i saw the Movie, it started out good, but then it all of a sudden looked like someone pressed the Fast Forward Button and the Movie ends just when it was starting to get interesting.

04. In the Movie at the end when the children become King's and Queen's, they Grow up. When they returned to their real world, they're Children again. Are they Grown ups again when they return to Narnia "Prince Caspian" and become Children again when they return to their real world, doesent that kinda mess with your head.

05. I saw on the Internet the Order of Books to Movies in years to come. www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=895&dl=9563075 (http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=895&dl=9563075) If they make all 7 Books into Movies, the last Movie will end up in 2020

The next Movie will be of "Prince Caspian", because in the Books, the four Children return again.

The next Movie will be "The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader", because the younger Sister and the Younger Brother returns, then their Nephew will be joining them.

The reason they do this, is because they want to use the same Actors the way the Books uses the same Characters.

Now the Nephew will return again, then the next Movie will be "The Silver Chair", then he brings his Friend from School to Narnia.

The next Movie will be "The Last Battle", because the Nephew and his Friend, returns again.

The Magician's Nephew and The Horse and his Boy will be the last two movies to be made.

06. I hope the Movies doesent become Harry Potter Versions where they cut out big important parts just to confuse the people who never read the Books.

07. Witch 7 Books/Movies do you like the most and are more Fantastical and Magical in everyway, Harry or Narnia.

08. If C.S Lewis lived a few years ago and started writing the 7 Books Of Narnia with JK Rowling who started her 7 Books of Harry, would they have real Competition.

09. In what Order would you put your Books.

The Magician's Nephew
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
Prince Caspian

The Horse and his Boy Not sure where this one goes or how it fits the Books

The Voyage of The Dawn Treader
The Silver Chair
The Last Battle

10. C.S Lewis was a Christian who loved God and the Bible, i heard he used the Books from the Bible.

The death and ressurection of Jesus and the Lion

God created the World and Adam and Eve, The Lion created Narnia and the Animals.

God will one day come to Earth and claim his People where they shall go to the new Heaven, The Lion does it the same way aswell in Narnia.

The Witch represents the Devil

Dont know what else, but whats your opinion.

interstellardave
25-04-06, 12:28
I've never read the books so all I can really say is that I really liked the movie. Good old-school fantasy. I liked the symbolism of even the animal kingdom being involved in the battle; every creature had a big stake in it's outcome. They did the talking animals really well too IMO.

SUGARPIE
25-04-06, 13:57
I read the Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe first, not realising that The Magician's Nephew came first but that was actually a good way of reading them because you learn about the magic wardrobe and how it was made AFTER you have read the big Narnia adventure with the children.

This whole Narnia ficticious land holds a special place in my heart because it was of my era and my parents read the books to me at night. I always hoped that my wardrobe would somehow open up into a magical land, I was always in mine or my mother's wardrobe trying to get to Narnia!

I have yet to see the film but would definitely watch it because it was such a classic tale and I was delighted when I first found out there was going to be a film made. They made an animated film years ago which was great but seeing it on a big budget and brought to life with real actors and computerised scenes would be quite stunning I imagine.

I haven't seen any of the Harry Potter films - they don't appeal as much but I know many adults read the books.

Ampersand
25-04-06, 14:09
06. I hope the Movies doesent become Harry Potter Versions where they cut out big important parts just to confuse the people who never read the Books.

I doubt that'd happen, they're actually quite short books. :) The later Harry Potter books, on the other hand, are too long and convoluted for their own good. :D

I saw the Narnia movie in the cinema and loved it, but haven't bought it yet. :o

Kiss-Bite
25-04-06, 14:23
I love, The Chronicles Of Narnia books & I loved the film too!! I've recently bought the DVD & have watched it a few times! The film score is amazing! I love Tilda Swinton, she does an amazing performance as the White Witch! The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe story is my childhood favourite.:D So I'll be looking forward to seeing the other stories on film. The Magicians Nephew is the first book in the chronicles, so I suppose that will have to be made next or last as a prequel.

wonderboy
25-04-06, 20:04
Actually the Lion with and wardrobe came was written first if you read the copyright and the order had started with Lion Witch and Wardrobe but after C.S Lewis died and his children took over they rearranged the series so it would make more chronological sense. I agree reading the LWandW first was way better.