PDA

View Full Version : Old Films . . . or New Films????

TombRaiderLover
25-04-06, 15:11
What do you prefer? Older films, or newer films? Most of my friends wouldn't be caught dead watching a black-and-white film, which is unfortunately this way for youths these days, who become with involved with badly acted, unfunny, predictable and unoriginal films that just came out rather than older classics. Almost every film made in the 21st Century - I repeat, ALMOST, I do like the Lord of the Rings film alot - are pretty awful!

Legend of Lara
25-04-06, 15:55
I'd have to say new films (I'm 12 going on to 13 what do you think?). But some older films are pretty good. I'm loving Mission: Impossible (The first one).:D

interstellardave
25-04-06, 15:55
No particular time period... I think there are good and bad films always being made.

There are a lot of films I like but that I wouldn't call classics. Especially comedies. If a comedy makes me laugh, that's good enough for me. It doesn't matter why it makes me laugh, or the artistic quality it may or may not possess. It can be a smart comedy like Annie Hall (one of my all time favorite movies) or a "dumb" teen comedy like American Pie. :p

I mention all this because I know people who don't think movies like American Pie are "good" movies but then they laugh hysterically while watching it! I'm like, "hello... if you're laughing, then it's good!" :D

Paperdoll
25-04-06, 16:03
I'd have to say new films (I'm 12 going on to 13 what do you think?). But some older films are pretty good. I'm loving Mission: Impossible (The first one).:D

You don't mean the Tom Cruise movie now do you? O_O

Anyway it all depends on the movie, I'm 18 and I love Nosferatu and Metropolis and they're from the 1920's, a few of my favourite movies are from the 60's or 90's so it all depends on the movie.

jarhead
25-04-06, 16:05
depends on the movie but generally i prefer watching modern films- although classics are classics

Legend of Lara
25-04-06, 16:07
You don't mean the Tom Cruise movie now do you? O_O

As a matter of fact: Yes I AM meaning the Tom Cruise film. I thought it was great and Tom did a pretty good job. Unlike M:I 2 :p.

Paperdoll
25-04-06, 16:29
It's just that I don't consider that an older movie :p

SUGARPIE
25-04-06, 16:37
I like a mixture. Some modern remakes appear well-written but when you see the older versions/originals you often find much of the script is the same. There were a great many lines in Titanic that were used in A Night To Remember, the old black and white version.

Anything old with John Mills starring is generally quite good.

meansizzler
25-04-06, 16:45
Post 70's Films I guess..

Reggie
25-04-06, 16:48
I prefer movies from the 80's and 90's good movies have been few and far between for me recently (although I'm looking forward to going to see silent hill this week :D)

Legend of Lara
25-04-06, 20:02
It's just that I don't consider that an older movie :p

It's not from the 21st century. :p

Mona Sax
25-04-06, 20:51
I love classic movies, especially from the '40s/'50s era, when filmmaking was still about style and a good story. Sometimes I get the feeling all that matters nowadays is special effects, but CGI just doesn't do it for me.

It's a shame there are hardly any black and white movies anymore, that style is so much more expressive than colors could ever be.

I'm 22, btw. ;)

xMiSsCrOfTx
25-04-06, 20:53
I'm going to say older, only for the simple fact that today's movies are all remakes. There's such a lack of creativity, or they've run out of stories or something. Remakes = boring. I want some originality when I spend money at the theaters.

But I have to admit, there have been a few awesome newer movies I've seen lately; Silent Hill was great (but that wasn't a remake :p), Lord Of the Rings are all very good, and many others.

I love all movies. Let's leave it at that. ;)

CerebralAssassin
25-04-06, 20:58
evil dead is old,but it's still awesome,right:confused:

xMiSsCrOfTx
25-04-06, 20:58
Evil Dead? :confused:

CerebralAssassin
25-04-06, 21:01
Evil Dead? :confused:
old horror movie..with a bit of comedy in it:)

Paperdoll
25-04-06, 21:01
:yah: yay for Evil Dead XD

Just because a movie wasn't made in the 21st century that doesn't make it old... :pi:

CerebralAssassin
25-04-06, 21:07
actually,it's not as old as I thought it was:o .it's from 1987!evil dead 2 that is..

RoseTyler
25-04-06, 21:25
Old films, definately! I love silent films from the 1920's, the colours are incredible. I love later films too, one of my favourites being Night must Fall, starring Albert Finney. :D

SMSL
25-04-06, 21:31
New movies. I love watching new stuff, I'm easy to entertain.

Legend of Lara
25-04-06, 21:32
:yah: yay for Evil Dead XD

Just because a movie wasn't made in the 21st century that doesn't make it old... :pi:

1996 is pretty old... for me at least not sure for you.:tea:

Leon xXx
25-04-06, 21:54
"hamanay legolas" said aragon

i love lord of the rings

Mona Sax
26-04-06, 07:51
1996 is pretty old... for me at least not sure for you.:tea:
:eek:
1996 is yesterday... :o

Emily Cartwright
26-04-06, 08:00
I just prefer good films. However, in the current media market they don't often make films for the sake of art. My favourite films are:

Susperia

Jacob's Ladder

Lost Highway

Demolition Man

Indiana Jones films

The Company of Wolves

American Werewolf in London

Aaaaarrrgghh... My brain has stopped working... :D That'll do for now...

Paperdoll
26-04-06, 12:36
:eek:
1996 is yesterday... :o
Agreed... I think I only start to look at a movie as being older when it's from the 80's and still it's quite recent when compared to others.

TombRaiderLover
26-04-06, 15:14
I just prefer good films. However, in the current media market they don't often make films for the sake of art. My favourite films are:

Susperia

Jacob's Ladder

Lost Highway

Demolition Man

Indiana Jones films

The Company of Wolves

American Werewolf in London

Aaaaarrrgghh... My brain has stopped working... :D That'll do for now...

I love that film (the one in bold!)