PDA

View Full Version : Was ther too much hype surrounding Legends release?

Tomb Raider Jay
25-04-06, 16:39
I am wondering how everyone else feels about this?
This is not a thread to bad-mouth Legend I just wondered what others thought :)
I think there may have been a little too much hype because the whole "we're going back to Laras roots" thing seems kinda false :confused:
Yes they put Lara back into tombs but did they really take her back far enough? I was hoping for a good old fashioned TR experince but did they maybe cram it too full of new stuff.

I realise TR has to continue to evolve and innovate and I want this to happen but I can't help feeling they have missed out on the extra details like the awe and wonder we experienced while playing the first game. Then theres the challenge of the enviroment - I never fell off a ledge in Legend once - not once I tell you but the auto-grab feature is helpful however it does remove the challenge of the old games. Then again does anyone actually want to hold a button while she pulls herself along a ledge like in the old games - no because its ancient. But auto-grabbing is too easy!:(

The puzzles in the old games for me at least were truly a challenge to figure out - even though they mostly involved pulling switches, block pushing and key finding. How do they solve this in the new game - simple, give Lara the ability to push and pull in all directions, place everything in sight and when it comes to the actual puzzle the solution is obvious - whereas in the old games I actually had to work out how to solve the problem - take the cistern level where the water has to be raised and lowered so you can gain access to other rooms with keys that you couldn't get to while the water was there - it sounds simple now but that level took me about two hours alone, a quarter of the time it took me to finnish all of Legend:( .

I miss the old games huge levels - take The Lost Valley for example, okay so it was lenier but the sheer size and scale made it seem much larger and open, so it made Lara look tiny in comprison. Scale is what we need people! :) Apart from Ghana I felt every level was too small in Legend and they were crying out to be made much bigger:( And the strange thing is Crystal can do scale - Roul Reaver 2 and even Blood Omen 2 have some huge open areas for their respected characters to explore but Lara is lucky if she gets a corner of that. Combine that with lenier paths and some dubious dead ends and its not anywhere near the scale of the old games:(
I know people will say "but that was on PS-One" and "if Legend had went on any longer it would have got boring" but surely PS2 and Xbox can hold huge levels - Indy on Xbox had a ton of levels and I really mean tons yet the gameplay never lagged or got boring. (partly because of the brilliant combat engine developed for the collectives Buffy the Vampire Slayer game!)

The sound and music is always present in Legend but I miss the occasional discovery music or the "Freak theme" like the original game. Music is there when you need it to be but because the music is always present in Legend it takes away the sense of danger not to mention the fact Lara had her own "watch this is a trap" guide Zip on hand. Lara didn't need anyone in the original game but you the player to guide her through the puzzles and hazzards - its what made the original so challenging and fun because there was no-one else to rely on so you had to work out the solution and when you did there was most definetly that sense of achievement:tmb: I rarely if ever got that in Legend :confused:

Okay so maybe I ranted on but having had this game for only three weeks and to have fully completed it is more than a little dissapointing :(. And I am not one of those people who can sit and game for hours on end I have other things like College and stuff to get on with yet I still completed this within a week :eek: If I had played Tomb Raider for the last three weeks I would still be on the Egypt levels and so have a good chunk of game left to finnish.

So the challenging and wonerfull game that was Tomb Raider has lost its magic forever :( In my opinion any way.
Some of you will get what I am saying and others won't - if you love the original Tomb Raider as much as I did you will understand what I'm saying. At 19 I have played all the Tomb Raider games since 1996, the first one being my first ever game, and loved almost all of them even AoD had me captivated but I just can't see why there was so much hype only to end up with this rather short and easy game. It may sound harsh but its the truth :(

Anyway do you think there was too much hype?

"Cordelia your mouth is open, sound is coming from it this is never good!" - Buffy from BTVS

wgell
25-04-06, 16:42
I'm not sure if there was too much hype but there were certainly too many lies by Eidos. "Back to Lara's roots", "back to the tombs", "focus on puzzles and exploration rather than action".

All blatant lies. :hea:

Yunaīs Wish
25-04-06, 16:45
I love TR1, and I understand what youīre saying. But believe me or not, my feelings are starting to change somehow: I canīt stop playing Legend. The magic doesnīt seem to end, even after completing it more than 10 times. I love the original TRīs, but this one makes me have much more fun. I think itīs quite addictive. In fact, when everyone was talking about it, I knew it was a good game (before being released). Now, I think itīs far better than what I actually was thinking:) But, I respect those who didnīt like it that much or those who hated it;)

tombraiderluka
25-04-06, 16:46
I'm not sure if there was too much hype but there were certainly too many lies by Eidos. "Back to Lara's roots", "back to the tombs", "focus on puzzles and exploration rather than action".

She does go back to tombs.Every level in Legend has a tomb exept Japan.
I think legend is just like they sad it will be

Jin Uzuki
25-04-06, 16:48
I am not patronizing Legend, but I don't think there was too much hype. The kind of hype Legend got was due to the innate popularity of the Tomb Raider franchise and Lara Croft herself. Legend deserved such overwhelming hype and anticipation.

The only reason why one would think there was too much hype is because that person must have been disappointed by the game upon its release. :wve:

Just MY thoughts...

tombraiderluka
25-04-06, 16:49
I love TR1, and I understand what youīre saying. But believe me or not, my feelings are starting to change somehow: I canīt stop playing Legend. The magic doesnīt seem to end, even after completing it more than 10 times. I love the original TRīs, but this one makes me have much more fun. I think itīs quite addictive. In fact, when everyone was talking about it, I knew it was a good game (before being released). Now, I think itīs far better than what I actually was thinking:) But, I respect those who didnīt like it that much or those who hated it;)
I agree.I'm playing Legend over and over again too,the best tomb raider ever.I like the old ones,but I didn't actually play TR1-6 twice,just once and that was it(exept TR2)

Joseph
25-04-06, 16:53

All blatant lies. :hea:Your choice for words is quite harsh. "Lies"? :cln: You seem to have a mission?

Psychopompador
25-04-06, 16:55
I read gaming mags and go to gaming sites occasionaly, but the only major hype i saw for the game was right on the TR forums- not just this one, but all the forums. I didnt see too much hype outside of it though. (so much for a big advertising campaign in the US)

Yunaīs Wish
25-04-06, 16:55
I agree.I'm playing Legend over and over again too,the best tomb raider ever.I like the old ones,but I didn't actually play TR1-6 twice,just once and that was it(exept TR2)
I canīt help it. I love Legend. Every minute I spend with this game makes me love it more and more:D

Psychopompador
25-04-06, 16:57

anything you liked about the game. there seems to be a running theme in the majority of your posts to constantly have negative things to say.

There must be something you like, otherwise you'd be the only person I've seen hanging around a fan forum for this long that hates what the forum is about.

Tomb Raider Jay
25-04-06, 16:58

Okay so maybe I ranted on.
And I was not dissapointed at release it was only last night when I played TR 1 for the first time in ages that I finaly realised that Legend was nowhere near the great game they were making it out to be :(

Please feel free to flame my post and ignore my opinion but I think everyone will feel this way at somepoint :( again just my opinion

"Cordelia your mouth is open, sound is coming from it this is never good!" - Buffy from BTVS

tombraiderluka
25-04-06, 17:05
Yuna's Wish
I can´t help it. I love Legend. Every minute I spend with this game makes me love it more and more

Yeah I know what u mean.

Tomb Raider Jay
25-04-06, 17:20
anything you liked about the game. there seems to be a running theme in the majority of your posts to constantly have negative things to say.

There must be something you like, otherwise you'd be the only person I've seen hanging around a fan forum for this long that hates what the forum is about.

Sorry I didn't say this in my post but I did enjoy the game up until last night when I played Tomb Raider for the first time in ages - it still had the wonder and magical feeling it had back in 1996. I know it has blocky graphics and is hard at times but its still an amazing game. It was just like something hit me you know, sometimes when your not expecting it then suddenly it happens.
I know you think I am bad-mouthing the Legend game but I really am not and infact I was a little scared to post my topic incase I got banned or flamed. I was only telling the truth after all that the game is short and easy and thats why my post went on for so long because I felt I had to show what it was about the first Tomb Raider that made me love it so much :D
I still Love Tomb Raider and will probably buy the next one if some serious improvements are made to the difficulty and challenge instead of Lara Crofts butt and chest!

Lost_Raider
25-04-06, 17:23
Lol, CD didn't lie...people just didn't listen carefully about what they are saying.

I didn't feel dissapointed by TRL because I know exactly what kind of game I'm puting my hands on before I buy...

Joseph
25-04-06, 17:27
Sorry I didn't say this in my post but ...Are you the person Psychopompador reacted to? :confused:

EDIT: btw, could you please stop posting the same line in every single post you make: >>> "Cordelia your mouth is open, sound is coming from it this is never good!" - Buffy from BTVS <<<

If you want a signature, edit your profile and use the appropriate signature option please. Thanks :)

Tomb Raider Jay
25-04-06, 17:33
Are you the person Psychopompador reacted to? :confused:

No sorry but I felt I had to explain myself :(
Sorry once again :(

Timy226
25-04-06, 17:35
I think Legend did have scale. I mean the levels were short but some of the tombs had Massive rooms. It was short yes, but the scale in some levels was big. I remember doin that light puzzzle in Peru, that room was huge, short time in it but it was huge. Legend Is back to the tombs, Kazachstan and Japan had no tombs yes, as Toby said they were needed to progrees the story. (Maybe not Kazachsten but meh :D). the hype, i dont think so, Eidos new they needed an advertisement campaign as AoD did bad. Legend hass not lost the Magic of TR, imo. It still feels awesome to play even after the 5th, 6th, or even 7th time.

Joseph
25-04-06, 17:36
"sacle" ? :confused:

Timy226
25-04-06, 17:37
Scale :D Typo, i have edited. sorry

Joseph
25-04-06, 17:39
Ah, sorry. :D

To react on topic: hype? I think it was the fans who got hyped themselves, didn't we? And of course. I would be for the next TR. :p :)

lita212
25-04-06, 17:39
imo i personally think that it was the fans who hyped up the game thinking everything they wanted was actually going to be in this game

Joseph
25-04-06, 17:48
I think Legend is the game that made TR revive in a totally new engine, (never looked as good before) and created by a new team at Crystal. It was high time. That's the main good thing about Legend.
The whole approach is fresh. Does that make a good game? Hmmm, compared to what other game? There is no comparison. Like Half-Life2 is a unique case in its own. As Painkiller is too.

Legend is a new formula that can and will be deepened out much much more. Exciting perspective. :)

Tomb Raider Jay
25-04-06, 18:23
Yeah the engine is great, I never thought I would see Lara move so smoothly instead of like a dump truck hope the controls are this good in TR8! :)

btw Joseph sorry about the Buffy quote I had no idea about the signature thanks:tmb:

interstellardave
25-04-06, 18:26
Yeah the engine is great, I never thought I would see Lara move so smoothly instead of like a dump truck hope the controls are this good in TR8! :)

btw Joseph sorry about the Buffy quote I had no idea about the signature thanks:tmb:

Don't worry, they won't scrap this engine after one game... TR8 will have the same controls.

Nice signature, BTW... I can't readily place the quote though? Do you remember which episode and who she said it to? I'm guessing she said it to Spike?

Tomb Raider Jay
25-04-06, 18:47
Don't worry, they won't scrap this engine after one game... TR8 will have the same controls.

Nice signature, BTW... I can't readily place the quote though? Do you remember which episode and who she said it to? I'm guessing she said it to Spike?

Thanks for saying that, I think everyone thinks I hate Tomb Raider now:(
Eh.....I can't remember what episode but she did say it.
It was probably to some annoying vampire......so yeah I guess it was Spike!

fondantcookie
25-04-06, 19:07
Tomb Raider Jay I agree with EVERYTHING you said!!

I have been with TR since the BEGINNING....and I know exactly what your talking about.

Its just a shame that Legend will attract new players, these players will have expectations for TR8 based on their legend experience, and thus I feel that the old fans...those who know what is best for the series...will be forgotton.

You can see it already on the forums...new 'fans' claiming to know everything about Lara without even playing the original games, claiming to know whats best and insisting that TRL is the almightiest of games. Yes...its a good game....but it sure ai'nt the bomb-diggety that people are making it out to be. And i find it INSULTING that people think this game surpasses the original.

Heres hoping CD LISTEN (get that...LISTEN) to the hardcore fans for TR8!! Those fans who stuck by the series since 1996, those who stuck by even when the franchise went 'stale' in the eyes of the public...those who played the heavily slammed AOD (and maybe enjoyed it....)...those who MADE TOMB RAIDER THE FINANCIAL SUCCESS THAT IT IS TODAY

interstellardave
25-04-06, 19:15
Heres hoping CD LISTEN (get that...LISTEN) to the hardcore fans for TR8!! Those fans who stuck by the series since 1996, those who stuck by even when the franchise went 'stale' in the eyes of the public...those who played the heavily slammed AOD (and enjoyed it....)...those who MADE TOMB RAIDER THE FINANCIAL SUCCESS THAT IT IS TODAY

Hardcore fans who played and enjoyed AOD? I would prefer a traditional TR1 to TR3 style game myself but why are people who have blindly played all of the games--including the AOD travesty--more important than those who liked Legend? Again, TR1 through TR3 are my favorites, but I'd rather play another Legend than another AOD any day of the week.

Tomb Raider Jay
25-04-06, 20:01
Thanks Fondantcookie :wve:
I am a hardcore fan and I enjoyed Tomb Raider so much that maybe when I heard they were taking Lara back to her roots I was expecting too much from Legend :) but how I read nothing of the game coming up to its release?
But I think my point still stands they should look at the original more than any of the other games because for its time it was revolutionary :ton:
Dave did I say I enjoyed AoD? No I didn't but what I meant was the story line was what captivated me but I was still a fan even after the travesy that was AoD :(

Joseph
25-04-06, 20:08
the old fans...those who know what is best for the series...will be forgotton.

What? :cln: :D Sorry i must have missed something. Where did you present your creation again?

WhosaidAODwasbad
25-04-06, 21:04
Tomb Raider: Legend's hype was perfect I hate companies that do multiple previews and tell you everything. That is why I love rpg's because there is so much in that kind of game that it doesn't matter how many previews or as much hype as they have. I thought AOD's hype was what hurt that game, and although games can be good hype can make it seem not as good or a bad game, because the publisher and designer promise this feature and that feature yet either that feature is missing or its a piece of blah.

TRBeth
25-04-06, 22:44
The original games, 1-4, stand superior. And for those who have not played them, you are missing out big time.

Legend was CD's attempt to address all of the "complaints" about difficulty in the original games, but they missed the mark and made the game to suit small children with all the glaring and sparkling hints. Legend is basically forgettable, and the originals are immortalized.

CD may be on the right track with the game, but they have a lot of work to do to get really back to the Tombs.

belter_21
25-04-06, 23:08
[QUOTE=Joseph]As Painkiller is too.

I love that game. Many, many tombs (OK, coffins) in that game LOL, TR8 should be more like painkiller :D :)

fondantcookie
25-04-06, 23:50
TRBeth hits the spot!! An incredibly valid point and one that CD should take note of !!!

WORD !!!

revelations
26-04-06, 00:26
I agree with original poster on many things, but Music was great man ! the look was great too. what i am wondering about is that does this piece has anything to do with previous titles, cause i still dont understand why didnt they show anything about how Lara get out of Great Pyramid? I like legend but you are right on puzzle they werent tough enough,i hate killing bosses i am too slow for that. Set werent as great as they could but i think they are going in right direction. No more box pushing please!

crazyhid
26-04-06, 00:36
the only thing i think they did wrong was release too many videos... showing nearly every part of the game except the end but then CD said there were many more surprises but for me there wasnt, we had, pics of the mansion,videos of her mum, videos of amanda, videos of the old lara ..... But i guess that could be down to me being too much of a fan and overly looking for spoilers, Im starting to think im not gonna come on the forums prior to the release of TR 8

xMiSsCrOfTx
26-04-06, 00:40
I agree with anyone who said there were too many screens and videos released before the game was. I was very thankful we got them, and I know I didn't have to watch them or anything, I just think Legend was a bit overhyped. With all of the things that were released beforehand, it kind of took away some of the surprise and anxiousness to play.

Lost_Raider
26-04-06, 01:01
I know the solution the half of the puzzles in TRL by watch all videos and screen shots...

meznu
26-04-06, 03:07
the only thing i think they did wrong was release too many videos... showing nearly every part of the game except the end but then CD said there were many more surprises but for me there wasnt, we had, pics of the mansion,videos of her mum, videos of amanda, videos of the old lara ..... But i guess that could be down to me being too much of a fan and overly looking for spoilers, Im starting to think im not gonna come on the forums prior to the release of TR 8

I know the solution the half of the puzzles in TRL by watch all videos and screen shots...

These, I think, are extremely valid points and really where CD's marketing went awry. The game should not be spoiled simply because one is excited to play it.

Tomb Raider Jay I agree with EVERYTHING you said!!

I have been with TR since the BEGINNING....and I know exactly what your talking about.

Its just a shame that Legend will attract new players, these players will have expectations for TR8 based on their legend experience, and thus I feel that the old fans...those who know what is best for the series...will be forgotton.

You can see it already on the forums...new 'fans' claiming to know everything about Lara without even playing the original games, claiming to know whats best and insisting that TRL is the almightiest of games. Yes...its a good game....but it sure ai'nt the bomb-diggety that people are making it out to be. And i find it INSULTING that people think this game surpasses the original.

Heres hoping CD LISTEN (get that...LISTEN) to the hardcore fans for TR8!! Those fans who stuck by the series since 1996, those who stuck by even when the franchise went 'stale' in the eyes of the public...those who played the heavily slammed AOD (and maybe enjoyed it....)...those who MADE TOMB RAIDER THE FINANCIAL SUCCESS THAT IT IS TODAY

I know where you're coming from, fondantcookie. I, too, have been with TR since the beginning. I have met many a TR fan in my time, but never one whose devotion to the concept of TR as a game or Lara Croft and her world as a mythology surpasses mine. And yet, I abandoned the series somewhere in the middle of TRIII - or did I finish it? - I honestly don't remember. The original story was brilliant and the character interaction, although not deep, was very satisfying. While Lara was a bit of a characiture, she was also incredibly original and fresh. These features were not innovated as much as I would've liked in the next games and I personally hated the direction that began with Von Croy. "The Von Croy saga" that continues into Angel of Darkness was Core's vision of who Lara is when they weren't just sending her around the world in paper-thin plots to kill people and blow stuff up.

When Core gave us outfits in TRII & III, it wasn't as rewards and there weren't 32. It was their big "innovation." They seemed to start thinking of marketing Lara as all I cared about. While I love Lara - truly madly deeply - I played Tomb Raider for Tomb Raider. And I think Legend plays even better than the original. Sure, the spaces are smaller, but finally my nimble protaganist moves like a gymnast. Finally the exotic locales feel specific and alive. Some may say that this is simply due to graphical progress and time, but Tomb Raider III all the way even to Angel of Darkness looked dated in terms of both game mechanics and presentation at the time of release. Finally I can use a grapple, which everyone I know who ever played TR always wondered why Lara didn't have. And finally I sincerely believe that the people making the sequel care more about the work they're doing including the story they're telling than just about simply having my money. They want to know that I'm going to enjoy myself. There is a sense of personal pride in Legend that I feel started to wane (and when a game character's creator walks away from millions, there's a clue), especially in terms of storytelling and presentation after the original Tomb Raider.

The series was not simply stale in the eyes of the public; it was dead for a lot of the fans. As the stories and presentation became less original, my interest could not be held by Lara alone since she was not really developed as a character. There are many other puzzle/exploration titles and lots of other types of games. I got bored and I walked away. But I never stopped loving the essence of Tomb Raider or Lara Croft and I definitely know what they mean to me. You may argue that you are more "hardcore" than me simply because you kept playing the games. I would find that extremely insulting and more than a little silly. I actually still played most of Last Revelation though in Japanese, and parts of Angel of Darkness just to have an idea what it was. I was disappointed with these, as the game continued not to innovate in terms of gameplay, character development, story, or presentation. Angel of Darkness was Core's solution to this and who they thought Lara was and what they thought TR was about was ABSOLUTELY not my vision...and the controls were still not fluid. I don't think I am "less" of a fan because I left the series when I thought its developers completely lost touch with its spirit. And I am overjoyed that there are so many new TR fans who have undoubtedly known "that Lara Croft chick," but might be at last playing the game and having a good time. Rather than thinking about how great I am because I played a video game in 1996, I'm thinking about how cool it is to be in a community of lots of different people who enjoy playing a great video game in 2006. I don't think I know what's "best" for TR. I know what I like. I trust these developers not out of blind faith to a brand that can just throw at me whatever they want, but because I think the quality of their work earns my trust, even as I see it could be bigger and harder. I would walk away again if things are not addressed, but I am confident that they will be. No matter what the developers do or whether I play the games, I will never stop loving Lara Croft or the essence of Tomb Raider. And I will never think that my devotion overshadows someone else's - makes it smaller or lesser. I know how it feels not to be taken seriously or to have to defend your own love for something. I can easily imagine how that would feel for someone else and it's not pleasant. Alienating and condescending other fans - old or new - is divisive and anti-growth, and it's not good for Tomb Raider or any series or band or whatever. It's only self-serving. I think we should welcome all fans of TR to express whatever they think, whether they've stayed all along or just returned or were in kindergarten when the original game came out and not so into it. We all have opinions and we all should feel welcome to share them without our "loyalty" being questioned or tested, but the decision about what's best will always lie with the developers and publisher. That's the simple truth. :p

Lost_Raider
26-04-06, 03:14
I know where you're coming from, fondantcookie. I, too, have been with TR since the beginning. I have met many a TR fan in my time, but never one whose devotion to the concept of TR as a game or Lara Croft and her world as a mythology surpasses mine. And yet, I abandoned the series somewhere in the middle of TRIII - or did I finish it? - I honestly don't remember. The original story was brilliant and the character interaction, although not deep, was very satisfying. While Lara was a bit of a characiture, she was also incredibly original and fresh. These features were not innovated as much as I would've liked in the next games and I personally hated the direction that began with Von Croy. "The Von Croy saga" that continues into Angel of Darkness was Core's vision of who Lara is when they weren't just sending her around the world in paper-thin plots to kill people and blow stuff up.

When Core gave us outfits in TRII & III, it wasn't as rewards and there weren't 32. It was their big "innovation." They seemed to start thinking of marketing Lara as all I cared about. While I love Lara - truly madly deeply - I played Tomb Raider for Tomb Raider. And I think Legend plays even better than the original. Sure, the spaces are smaller, but finally my nimble protaganist moves like a gymnast. Finally the exotic locales feel specific and alive. Some may say that this is simply due to graphical progress and time, but Tomb Raider III all the way even to Angel of Darkness looked dated in terms of both game mechanics and presentation at the time of release. Finally I can use a grapple, which everyone I know who ever played TR always wondered why Lara didn't have. And finally I sincerely believe that the people making the sequel care more about the work they're doing including the story they're telling than just about simply having my money. They want to know that I'm going to enjoy myself. There is a sense of personal pride in Legend that I feel started to wane (and when a game character's creator walks away from millions, there's a clue), especially in terms of storytelling and presentation after the original Tomb Raider.

The series was not simply stale in the eyes of the public; it was dead for a lot of the fans. As the stories and presentation became less original, my interest could not be held by Lara alone since she was not really developed as a character. There are many other puzzle/exploration titles and lots of other types of games. I got bored and I walked away. But I never stopped loving the essence of Tomb Raider or Lara Croft and I definitely know what they mean to me. You may argue that you are more "hardcore" than me simply because you kept playing the games. I would find that extremely insulting and more than a little silly. I actually still played most of Last Revelation though in Japanese, and parts of Angel of Darkness just to have an idea what it was. I was disappointed with these, as the game continued not to innovate in terms of gameplay, character development, story, or presentation. Angel of Darkness was Core's solution to this and who they thought Lara was and what they thought TR was about was ABSOLUTELY not my vision...and the controls were still not fluid. I don't think I am "less" of a fan because I left the series when I thought its developers completely lost touch with its spirit. And I am overjoyed that there are so many new TR fans who have undoubtedly known "that Lara Croft chick," but might be at last playing the game and having a good time. Rather than thinking about how great I am because I played a video game in 1996, I'm thinking about how cool it is to be in a community of lots of different people who enjoy playing a great video game in 2006. I don't think I know what's "best" for TR. I know what I like. I trust these developers not out of blind faith to a brand that can just throw at me whatever they want, but because I think the quality of their work earns my trust, even as I see it could be bigger and harder. I would walk away again if things are not addressed, but I am confident that they will be. No matter what the developers do or whether I play the games, I will never stop loving Lara Croft or the essence of Tomb Raider. And I will never think that my devotion overshadows someone else's - makes it smaller or lesser. I know how it feels not to be taken seriously or to have to defend your own love for something. I can easily imagine how that would feel for someone else and it's not pleasant. Alienating and condescending other fans - old or new - is divisive and anti-growth, and it's not good for Tomb Raider or any series or band or whatever. It's only self-serving. I think we should welcome all fans of TR to express whatever they think, whether they've stayed all along or just returned or were in kindergarten when the original game came out and not so into it. We all have opinions and we all should feel welcome to share them without our "loyalty" being questioned or tested, but the decision about what's best will always lie with the developers and publisher. That's the simple truth. :p

Word up, dude, me and you are feeling the same thing about TR series!!!

Let me tell you this...when I was in grade 3, I play TR1 with my friend...man that was a lot of fun, me and my bud checked every corner of that game and still try challenge each other to get to the next impossible-to-reach place...

Now, fast forward to grade 11...I bring a copy of TR5 it to my friend's house...he stared at the game and tried few moves and he said: "that is the game when we played as kids, grow up..."

Kamrusepas
26-04-06, 03:22

There were tombs! What more do you people want?! All these years people have been complaining about the lack of tombs, like it's the only thing that ever mattered in TR, and now you have tombs again and yet you're still complaining! :hea:

SMSL
26-04-06, 03:51
There were tombs!

Want proof? Look at the walls of the England level. There are more places to put dead people there than on my village's cemitery. :D