PDA

View Full Version : The Story Behind Your Username!

Thorir
25-04-06, 17:05
Why did you choose the username you are using here? :)

Mine is a bit odd... I had this sort of crush on this Icelandic actor (not famous) and he gave me this really intense eye contact one time I was on the front row of a small theatre... http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g110.gif

He's sooo cute and I have a thing for Icelanders! http://www.trle-community.net/images/smiles/heart.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g062.gif

gazhammer
25-04-06, 17:08
My name is Garry, so i get called Gaz!, and i support the Hammers(West Ham Utd FC) = gazhammer.

Plus the "HAMMER" is my weapon of choice!.:D

Lara Croft!
25-04-06, 17:09
I chose it because i love Lara....not much else....:p :p :p

YvesSL
25-04-06, 17:10
Once upon a time there was a designer called Yves Saint Laurent.

The End.

Angel_14
25-04-06, 17:10
Wow, this is a long story... :D

Once upon a time, when I joined this forum, I wanted the name 'Angel of Darkness' but that was occupied. Than I wanted 'Legend', but that was occupied too. THan I wanted 'Angel' but that was occupied too. Than I decided, to put that '_14' after the Angel name, because I'm 14 years old.
And I live not so happily with my name after all... :D

jarhead
25-04-06, 17:11
apparently my friends agreed that i have a jar shaped head so the name stuck. i use it to sign everything now coz more poeple know me by jarhead then jared so

Janny
25-04-06, 17:14
When I joined the forum, I was reading this book that I really enjoyed, and I was thinking about it day and night. Janny was a character in that book. She reminded me of Lara somehow. :D

meansizzler
25-04-06, 17:16
well people could never pronounce my Xbox Live GAmertag properly, they always called my Sizzler, and since I always use the word mean, i just put them together, i'm not really mean, just ask my princess..hehehe

CerebralAssassin
25-04-06, 17:17
Well,HHH is my favorite wrestler,and they call him the "cerebral Assassin",so the rest is a no-brainer..:D

daventry
25-04-06, 17:21
Long ago in a distant Land was a Game called King's Quest, years later i loved and played all Games.

When i got Internet and got onto the first Forum Board, i named myself Daventry ever since and im Daventry on 10 Forum Boards today. 2001 - 2006

Real Life Lara
25-04-06, 17:24
My name is Lara in real life. You do the math :p

saray
25-04-06, 17:25
one random day, lavinder decided to call me saray maray cos it rhymes and its a bit more interesting than just sarah :)

Zip
25-04-06, 17:27
Im like Zip and Bryce from the games and films so well there you go

jamieoliver22
25-04-06, 17:28
My name is Jamie Oliver.. my birthday is on the 22nd April....

Jamie Oliver + 22 = jamieoliver22

JACOBryanBURNS
25-04-06, 17:31
okay so like... april 3rd, 1988 my parents *gross*, and on december 14th, i was born, and they named me Jakob Rien Burns, and I hated the spelling and so I spell it Jacob Ryan Burns...thus the username...JACOBryanBURNS!

Airave
25-04-06, 17:38
I had a Horse with the name Airave
and started using it as my on-line
(and later r/l) identity, because I was
inspired by his power and grace.

And we were both sort of difficult
and have our own minds hehe.

Hybrid Soldier
25-04-06, 17:43
Not much behind it....but i love Linkin Park and they are my favorite band. (On their second album Hybrid Theory) they had the "Hybrid Soldier" on it and i thought it looked cool as hell so yeah....i thought for a change to use this as a username.

Eleanna123
25-04-06, 17:48
Just my name with my trademark 123 next to it. The 123 first came about when I first got my pc and internet and made a hotmail email account and didn't know what username to put. So I put Eleanna123 and 123 just became a habit. Kind of a stupid habit :p

Laras Backpack
25-04-06, 18:24
It's my favorite part of her outfit! :D

Draco
25-04-06, 18:26
Guess.

Croft06
25-04-06, 18:26
Didn't know what to put as a username, tis a tombraider forum hence the croft and the year is 2006, hence the 06

laracroft2122
25-04-06, 18:34
Erm........................I chose laracroft because I like the games (DUH) and 22nd is my Bday and 21st is my mam's Bday

Yuna´s Wish
25-04-06, 18:45
Well, I was playing a certain game (I won´t say which one). It had a certain character (I won´t say his/her name) and somehow I managed to create my username:D

_Mica_
25-04-06, 18:48
Mica because that's my name. :p

badboy70
25-04-06, 18:59
it was the first time i used MSN , an old friend of mine ( it is a girl , and she still is my friend :) ) helped me make my e-mail adress. we where thinking of a name and she suddenly can up with : badboy. off course it wasn't avaible anymore sow we picked out badboy70

Lara Lover
25-04-06, 19:00
I just guessed my name :p

Not much of a story :tmb:

Ampersand
25-04-06, 19:03
Well, some of my favourite words are 'tatterdemalion', 'mercurial' and 'ampersand'. I decided ampersand would make the best username, since it had a ring to it that I liked and was fairly unusual. :)

Rivendell
25-04-06, 19:04
I love The Lord of the Rings. I want to live in Rivendell, it's one of the most beautiful places ever created in literature... Plus it would make a really cool name. That I want. :p

SUGARPIE
25-04-06, 19:21
SUGARPIE was a fun name I used in a chatroom back in 2003. It was designed to take the mickey out of all those sugary names like Sugar Plum but it sort of stuck as I got to know lots of other chatters. It is/was also the name of Anna Nicole Smiths dog, a dog which is completely bonkers.

On other forums I am High_Priestess but can't change my name here and I joined in 2003 when the name was my chat name. I am not keen on the name, particularly as I was on caps lock at the time of joining :vlol:

Oddly enough, the man on the pet stall where I buy hamster stuff always calls me 'Sugar'. I did a double-take the first time I heard it and thought he knew me from somewhere!! but it's just a name he probably uses for all the ladies ;)

UNDERTAKER
25-04-06, 19:30
I like WWE and Undertaker is my favourite wrestler :)

Legend of Lara
25-04-06, 19:31
Well... my fav game is Tomb Raider Legend and my fav game char is Lara Croft and... that's about it. :tea:

JasonDavies15
25-04-06, 19:33
Jason Davies which is my real name and is my username but when I joined TRF I was nearly 15 so I put my age at the end. That's why I am JasonDavies15. Not too keen on spaces in my name though! :)

Paperdoll
25-04-06, 19:35
I needed a username for some other thing and I was listening at a song with the same name... so I guess it kind of stuck :p

Nephili
25-04-06, 19:49
I wanted something to do with Tomb Raider, and Nephili just popped up in my head, i was suprised no one else had chosen it.

killer_faerie
25-04-06, 20:06
I use this name for absolutely everything. honestly. mainly because its never occupied! ever! and if it is, i juyst put _666 on the end. i started using it about two years ago. It all started when my cousin had it stuck in her head that she was a fairy and she was flitting around the place with pink wings on being irritating. so i said- 'so your a fairy? yeah, well, im a KILLER FAERIE AND IM GONNA GET YOU IF YOU DONT SHUT UP!!!' then i chased her until she stopped being annoying. therefore, Killer_Faerie was born ^.^;;

xMiSsCrOfTx
25-04-06, 20:57
Mine was completely random. Although I regret the fact I made it in these CrAzY LeTtErS tHaT aRe ImPoSsIbLe To ReAd. :( The Miss Croft part comes from my extreme fondness of Tomb Raider, of course. The x's, well, I think there was already a Miss Croft, so I threw a couple of x's on there, and voila! :D

Lew
25-04-06, 21:01
Erm.... its half of my name :p

Mona Sax
25-04-06, 21:04
Real life nickname Mona (for Monica) + obsession with Max Payne games = Mona Sax! :D

Angel666
25-04-06, 21:20
I used to get in trouble alot at school and one day a teacher said: "Arent you just an Angel". And it stuck. :D

RoseTyler
25-04-06, 21:23
My username is taken from Doctor Who. She's a character that I'm seemingly turning into for real. :p

Geck-o-Lizard
25-04-06, 21:24
Gecko was my climbing nickname, but that was already taken...

SMSL
25-04-06, 21:24
My frequent nick is actually Cereal Killer, but that didn't work on the first forum I joined and, in between other nicks I tried registering there with no luck, I tried my inicials, completelly convinced it wouldn't work neither, but it actually did. And I was very sad, because it was the most boring name from all the ones I tried, but given I had such a good time on the boards and the nick brings me such great memories, it just grew on me and now I almost always register with it.

GodOfLight
25-04-06, 21:40
i like the egyptian god horus, but when i joined in 2002 that name was already taken. so i decided to take horus' sub-title in tr4 as the "god of light"... and that's the story :p

Camera Obscura
25-04-06, 21:45
I like kicking ghost butt in Fatal Frame. And the name of the weapon I use is Camera Obscura. :P

Tramp
25-04-06, 22:55
Tramp is the name of one of my dogs. His mother was Lady so they were Lady and the Tramp.

Kamrusepas
25-04-06, 23:00
Kamrusepas is the Hittite goddess of magic, sorcery and healing. I was reading a mythology book once [again], years ago, stumbled upon a story of her [the one where she stops the storm] and thought the name sounded cool and unusual.

lee32uk
25-04-06, 23:08
Bet you all cant guess my username story :p

lee - my real name
32 - my age (yes im old lol)
uk - my location

put them all together and you get lee32uk :ton:

ace_85
25-04-06, 23:16
My username dates back to the days when most games would only let you enter 3 letters into a high-score table. I didn't like my initials (too boring) and the first three-letter 'name' that came to mind was Ace. It stuck and I've used it ever since. The '85' is simply my year of birth :)

Jin Uzuki
25-04-06, 23:40
Jin Uzuki is one of the main characters in the Xenosaga trilogy, a game for Sony PlayStation2. Although he's just a video-game character, I look up to him in quite a lot of ways. :D This is the first time I registered with this nickname. Usually, I use in_tux as my username for almost every online dealings.

LegenDarY
26-04-06, 00:14
i like the egyptian god horus, but when i joined in 2002 that name was already taken. so i decided to take horus' sub-title in tr4 as the "god of light"... and that's the story :p

yes another horus fan.. i love egyptian mythologie..

Kamrusepas is the Hittite goddess of magic, sorcery and healing. I was reading a mythology book once [again], years ago, stumbled upon a story of her [the one where she stops the storm] and thought the name sounded cool and unusual.
what was the name of that book? it sounds really cool.. i love books about magic and witchcraft.. also the more religion versions..

But anyway, my username.. i wanted Legend (like a thousand others) but was taken.. so i made it into LegenDarY.. cause that's what Tomb raider/Lara is and always will be ;)

Lost.Prophet
26-04-06, 00:16
Mine is the name of my favorite rock band (with a new single coming out soon! yay!)

Flux42
26-04-06, 01:52
I was really into Aeon Flux back in the day (I really liked the move too btw) and one of my all-time favorite bands is Level 42. I'm a big Hitchhiker's Guide fan also.

-James

MizzCroft007
26-04-06, 02:05
Hmmm, I guess just from Tomb Raider, Croft. I was gonna take Miss-but Mizz just sounded more uniqueish I guess.... xP Plus 007 is when I graduate. :D

CerebralAssassin
26-04-06, 02:13
Hmmm, I guess just from Tomb Raider, Croft. I was gonna take Miss-but Mizz just sounded more uniqueish I guess.... xP Plus 007 is when I graduate. :D
hehe..quite a ztory zere mizzzcroft..:D

Eleanna123
26-04-06, 02:15
hehe..quite a ztory zere mizzzcroft..:D

Are you pretending to be Von Croy? :p

SMSL
26-04-06, 02:18
Are you pretending to be Von Croy? :p

Nope, he's enfatuated.:tea:

CerebralAssassin
26-04-06, 02:20
Nope, he's enfatuated.:tea:
ding ding ding!!!:cln: :cln:I like the use of the word infatuated,you're right on spot!

wantafanta
26-04-06, 03:14
There was a commercial a few years ago for the soft drink Fanta. It's an orange flavored drink and the jingle kept going fanta fanta dontcha wanta fanta fanta. I was singing it at work all the next day. It's a catchy, youth oriented name so I figured why not use it. Fanta is too sugary for me. I guess I like regular Coke or coke w/lime. Maybe I should've been sierramyst?

Kamrusepas
26-04-06, 03:20
what was the name of that book? it sounds really cool.. i love books about magic and witchcraft.. also the more religion versions..

It wasn't about witchcraft nor magick, it was about mythology. It's also in Finnish, and I don't know if there's an English version of it. It's a compilation of common myths from many cultures.

Maureen Errant
26-04-06, 04:34
Always liked the name Maureen, and one day I was reading a book called Knight Errant..........................;)

PirateRose
26-04-06, 04:36
I have a thing for pirates and a thing for roses. XD simply huh?

oh, and its a character in one of my stories.

=P

oocladableeblah
26-04-06, 05:13
i wanted to choose a name that was random and weird, uniue, and funny to read and i thought of my name

Maureen Errant
26-04-06, 05:54
Well it definitely is, random, weird, unique, and funny.:cln:

But, it's also very memorable.:hug:

SMSL
26-04-06, 06:00
But, it's also very memorable.:hug:

For those who can pronounce it. *mumbles "clah... blah... blablee... Meh!":hea: *

stereopathic
26-04-06, 06:02
mine is a word i created. the prefix "stereo-" means three-dimensional and the word pathic means "suffering." so it's dark and cool. like me.

angelika
26-04-06, 06:22
Mine is no great mystery : it's my real name;)

Maureen's name is indeed very memorable!

SMSL
26-04-06, 06:25
Maureen's name is indeed very memorable!

She was talking about oocladableeblah's.

Maureen Errant
26-04-06, 06:34
Yup, I sure was. Thanks SMSL and Angelika..........and Stereo, you LIKE Three- dimentional suffering????:cln:

Tomb of Legends
26-04-06, 07:54
Maureen yours is very memorible :)

Mine just came up randomly, I cant remember the real insperation...
And god NO was is from AOD. With those crap controls, jumping around the Tomb of Legends was a pain in the arse XD

I think I came up with the name because Legend was going back to the Tombs :) Tombs + Legend = Tomb of Legends. :)

GHERSELF
26-04-06, 08:24
I'm a cky fan. G Herself -> Raab Himself.
My first name starts with G, and I'm a girl so yeah. cool.

BlackGrey
26-04-06, 09:50
That's how i felt at the time i created my account, it's a metaphor in a way :p

Emily Cartwright
26-04-06, 09:51
Erm... It's my name. :D

<<<< And that's my face...

gazhammer
26-04-06, 09:53
Erm... It's my name. :D

<<<< And that's my face...

Very original.:D

Emily Cartwright
26-04-06, 09:55
Aren't I just... lmao

I can't be bothered trying to find a permutation of l@R4_(R0f7 that isn't already taken. *giggles*

gazhammer
26-04-06, 10:06
Deleted.

Emily Cartwright
26-04-06, 10:08
Deleted.

gazhammer
26-04-06, 10:09
Deleted.

Emily Cartwright
26-04-06, 10:11
Deleted.

gazhammer
26-04-06, 10:15
Deleted.

Lone Raider
26-04-06, 11:20
I kind of have two sides, and they come out in the games I play. One, I play the Sims. Very social, all about coffee drinking, gardening, and other civilized things. Lots of Sims aswell.
The other is a loner... I shut myself in for half a year once, completely content with Lara as my only companion in deep dark isolated tombs. Just shoot everything else that moves... mine is the playing field... talk to them? HELL, no!
(That's why I don't like Z+A)

Gothlegend
26-04-06, 11:44
i dont know y i really chose this name but some people consider me goth and the legend part was because i like tombraider,silent hill,etc;) .

mekairinek
26-04-06, 11:48
I just mashed two of my favorite characters' names together. (Mekaneck from 'Masters of the Universe' and Kairi from 'Kingdom Hearts') But since nearly 95.5% of the people at forums I use this name at spell it wrong, I just go by 'Mek'.

Kamrusepas
26-04-06, 12:47
And god NO was is from AOD. With those crap controls, jumping around the Tomb of Legends was a pain in the arse XD

Are you referring to the Hall of Seasons? Or the Vault of Trophies?

TombRaiderLover
26-04-06, 15:20
Well, you see, I love Tomb Raider. That is how I got my username! :vlol:

JamesFKirk
26-04-06, 15:29
First - it has nothing to do with Star Trek (even that it may seem obvious :D ) or Mettalica.
It's a name I used for a person in my TR stories, Knight James Filcin Kirk, PhD. He's something like Lara's apprentice (like she was von Croy's in the light of events of early TR4, except for the unfortunate ending) and in the stories, he really cares for her (really - what did you expect? :D ). I didn't identify with him but it became a common mistake that he is my impersonation in the world of TR. Well... I wouldn't mind being him, except for several things, like he was very close to death many times, he lost a great deal of his family and the woman he loves doesn't even know about it.

Natla'd
26-04-06, 20:30
I wanted to be Miss Natla, but my doppleganger (i.e. me two years ago) had already taken it. So I went for Natla'd, which basically means I've been...Natla'd. By Natla.

Paperdoll
26-04-06, 20:32
I just mashed two of my favorite characters' names together. (Mekaneck from 'Masters of the Universe' and Kairi from 'Kingdom Hearts') But since nearly 95.5% of the people at forums I use this name at spell it wrong, I just go by 'Mek'.

By the power of Grayskull!!!! :vlol: I'm sorry, i just had to do it XD

Belfastard
26-04-06, 20:38
Well, I'm from Belfast and I can be a ******* at times, and I noticed I could add on 'ard' to Belfast to make it sound similiar. :)

Sofitegan
26-04-06, 20:49
My firs name is sophie, i like 2 spell it sofi, and my middle name is Tegan. So,
Sofitegan!

Tomb of Legends
26-04-06, 22:16
Are you referring to the Hall of Seasons? Or the Vault of Trophies?

No...Tomb of Legends. The really long one down to the bottom and theres heaps of rockclimbing and a broken bridge ;)

ILG49ers
27-04-06, 00:06
I came up with my username by combining my initials with my favorite American football team. :)

CroftsKid
27-04-06, 00:48
well i love laras last name.... and well i am her kid! lol actually i wanna be her kid lol:D and i am a kid

Enchantress
27-04-06, 06:07
I like magic so my friends started to call me Enchantress

Lenochka
27-04-06, 10:30
im very fond of lena katina from t.A.T.u. and her nickname is lenochka so i dedicated my username to her! I love her soooo much ^^

scoopy_loopy
27-04-06, 10:34
scoopy loopy was a childhood name my father gave me and i use it for everything. I even have my very own annoying jingle! scoopy loopy does big fat poopies!

Kamrusepas
27-04-06, 10:40
No...Tomb of Legends. The really long one down to the bottom and theres heaps of rockclimbing and a broken bridge ;)

Ah, the Tomb Of Ancients :tmb:

scoopy_loopy
27-04-06, 10:43
that was one of the best tombs in a TR game since the original big tomb with a big drop in TR1 i reckon.

Scorpicus
27-04-06, 10:44
When I was four, I was helping my mum shop and I was moving the bananas around on the shelf and I saw a scorpion (in England this is), but I didn't know what it was so I picked it up to show my mum and it stung me. Apparently this isn't that rare cos scorpions etc. get into things like banana shipments and then are taken over to different countries.

Anywho, instead of giving me a fobia of all things crawling I now have a strange affiliation with the Scorpion- hence the name Scorpicus. But I always get edgy around bananas...

Jin Uzuki
27-04-06, 10:57
well i love laras last name.... and well i am her kid! lol actually i wanna be her kid lol and i am a kid
You're a kid, eh? :D *Looks at CroftsKid's avatar* :yik: :yik: :yik: That is absolutely disturbing! :vlol: Nice one! :tmb:

aydancroft
11-02-08, 17:08
my name is aydan.lara's surname is croft

AYDAN + CROFT = AYDANCROFT :D

Rivendell
11-02-08, 17:10
Necroposting is a faction of the Dark Arts, aydancroft, please don't do it again. ;)

talion
11-02-08, 17:24
I was playing TR2 when I joined. I wanted seraph but that was already taken so I went with talion :) A bit unoriginal i know, i wish i had thought about it a little longer now :D

Vertigo
11-02-08, 17:51
My life is so strange sometimes... So it`s like Vertigo

Eddie Haskell
11-02-08, 18:27
It closely matches who I am, and it was my nickname in school. I acted like Eddie in many ways back then I guess, and I suppose I still do at times.

Noodleboy
11-02-08, 18:28
I like noodles, and I'm a boy.. hm.. Noodleboy?

TombRaiderLover
11-02-08, 18:30
The story behind my username is extremely complex. I'd rather not bore you lovely people. ;)

Reggie
11-02-08, 18:32
Interesting to see people's reasons! :)
As for me, well its just a really straightforward case of using one's own name (my first name's Tom though which was already taken).

MrBear
11-02-08, 18:33
^ It sure is! ;)

My name is Bjørn which accidentially is also the Danish word for 'Bear' .. so, Mr Bear seemed logical :wve:

Vertigo: I like that explanation :p

Mr. Eddie: still wish I knew who the 'true' Eddie Haskell was ;) but if I watched him I'd probably accuse him of stealing your name..

TombRaiderLover: yeah, I bet it is (complex, that is :p) :D

Rexie
11-02-08, 18:36
to make a long story short,I like powerade(energy drinks) and I play too much KH there you need to kill those O13 guys...

If you don't get it:
Liveta(real name) + powerade=livepower
Livepower*organization 13:d*Rexevil=for short=Rexie

MrBear
11-02-08, 18:37
to make a long story short,I like powerade(energy drinks) and I play too much KH there you need to kill those O13 guys...

If you don't get it:
Liveta(real name) + powerade=livepower
Livepower*organization 13:d*Rexevil=for short=Rexie

I still don't get it.... :D

Rexie
11-02-08, 18:41
I still don't get it.... :D

well,the point about that Kingom Hearts name,that you mix up letters of your name,and put an 'x' somewhere...

liveta,take the "ta" off powerade,the the "ade" off =livepower

Itisichip
11-02-08, 18:42
um.... My nickname is Chip so It is I Chip.

Kerrigan
11-02-08, 18:52
Wow..this is a story which dates back to the ancient times when I made my Y!Messeneger ID.:pI was searching for a fairly simple name, which would not require many other digits or anything like that, and since I was playing Starcraft at that time, and Kerrigan was the only feminine character there, which I also happened to think was an interesting one, this name came to my mind.It also proved not to be very popular, so I chose this (but still added some digits after all...).After that, I was obviously too lazy to think of other names while registrating on different sites, so I also used it here.

Indiana Croft
11-02-08, 19:12
I like Indiana Jones, and I Like Lara Croft. Easy to see where this is going:rolleyes:

Sedge
11-02-08, 19:12
These threads really do pop out from time to time, I wonder how many I've already answered.. O.o

As a 9-years old, I was browsing an online Finnish-English dictionary in the Intenet and found out "sara" in Finnish means same as "sedge" in English.. Sedge(Eng)/sara(Fin) is a term used for certain plants. And my name happens to be Sara (if no one got it already :D).
So well yeah, I've used the nickname ever since (nearly 8 years! :eek:), suits me. :p

Thorir
11-02-08, 19:14
Wow, my thread... :D
Almost two years old! :D

-DaNnEe..
11-02-08, 19:17
Well my name is Daniel but I get called Danny by most of my friends. So i thought I would be cool and change the spelling of it. :p

MiCkiZ88
11-02-08, 19:22
What's with the thread bumbing lately?

Anyways Mikkis is my nickname which I have written on my necklace pendant. I just edited it a bit to make it sound more 'cool' and added my birth year. 8 is supposed to be my lucky number as well.

Soma Holiday
11-02-08, 19:31
Soma Holiday was Greenwheel's first album. Simple as that...

ThomasCroft
11-02-08, 19:34
I have absolutely no idea. :)

God Horus
11-02-08, 19:35
I was in the bathtub and decided to make an account. I decided my username should be God Horus. The End. We all lived happily ever. :)

touchthesky
11-02-08, 19:52
Touchthesky=
Angels and airwaves-lifeline;

Within an urgent, careful stare,
I see panic in those eyes,
If I see you lying there,
hoping this was the last time.

If you hear a distant sound,
And some footsteps by your side,
When the world comes crashing down,
I will find you if you hide.

When you wish it, wish it now,
If you wish it, wish it loud,
If you want it, say it now,
If you want it, say it loud.

We all make mistakes,
here's your lifeline,
If you want, I want to,
We all make mistakes,
Here's is a lifeline
if you want, I want to.

There's a field with a dream,
I watched it grow with brightest light,
I watched us all reach out and lean,
For the strength to touch the sky.

If you hear a distant sound,
and some footsteps by your side,
If you feel like coming round,
I will take you for a ride.

When you wish it, wish it now,
If you wish it, wish it loud,
If you want it, say it now,
If you want it, say it loud.

We all make mistakes,
here's your lifeline,
If you want, I want to,
We all make mistakes,
Here's is a lifeline
if you want, I want to.

AJRoberts87
11-02-08, 19:53
Lol @ God Horus. :p

Not much story behind my username: It's my first two initials, last name, and the year I was born ('87). :o

LegendaryAdelia
11-02-08, 19:57
When I first created my username for the very first time, it was for a game that I play online now. The title of the game that I play has the word "Legend", it reminded me of TRL so I put Legendary. Then the name Adelia is my two name combined and I put Adelia. Ta-Da, LegendaryAdelia was created. I use it here and there when I register at other sites, but when I'm too lazy I just put Adelia415 instead. :D

jarekhanzelka
11-02-08, 20:25
My name is Jarek Hanzelka (and well, even here in Czech Republic it's quite unusual) and so I thought it would work as nickname.

thecentaur
11-02-08, 20:28
mine's easy: i just was so mad at defeating the centaurs in TRA, hence thecentaur was born :D

matrix54
11-02-08, 20:31
I just got board one day.

no Im kidding-I just like the movie.:ton:

PoisonParadise
11-02-08, 20:36
well suprise suprise, I;m a Britney fan!:D

With a taste of your lips I'm on a ride
You're toxic I'm slippin under
With a taste of a poison paradise
I'm addicted to you
Don't you know that you're toxic
And I love what you do

Assassino
11-02-08, 21:13
An Italian Mafia dude on Hitman2 yelled it at me when he frisked me & found me carrying a wooden spoon:D

Gianni Bartoli
11-02-08, 21:14
Gianni Bartoli is Marco Bartoli's dad.:)

LaraMan2
11-02-08, 21:15
have no idea...:p

CAISACO
11-02-08, 21:38
Well, when I was 10 I used to go on Neopets EVERY DAY.
And I had a neopet called a Kougra, except I painted it Baby, so it would turn into a baby :vlol: And I loved it sooo much. And it's name was CAISACO. So there ya go! :D

And I just searched and I found it! :vlol:
http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=CAISACO

ECB
11-02-08, 21:49
EvanCooperBotkin :D

McGloomy
11-02-08, 21:53
I chose that name years ago and I don't really remember why... ^^
I probably just liked the word gloomy and it sounds a bit like my surname (Moog).

nick-xx
11-02-08, 21:56
"nick" from nickname or Nick Carter, and xx, could be the XXX, minus one X, or the chromosome XX, but im a guy so it should be XY :p.

scion05
11-02-08, 21:57
Lets face it, it's pretty self-explanatory really! :p :D :p

kill bill
11-02-08, 21:58
Hmm Quentin Tarantino, Sword , Flying heads , Blood spray , Uma Thurman:D

Twilight
11-02-08, 22:02
something short and easy to type and remember. that also told about me. i'm kind of both, dark and light. i mean, i feel most awake at around 12am. plus my avatar reflects that theme also.

i got the actual name "Twilight" from "Twilight Town" in Kingdom Hearts 2 (favorite game series ever).
now when i play it i always think of my username XD
being that it was permanent, it took a few days to come up with it.

coolezpunk
11-02-08, 22:33
The reason(s) why I chose coolezpunk as my username:

1. Cuz I'm in a punk rock band, and I love punk rock music. :)
2. Cuz my band members and I were arguing on who the "coolest punk" was in our band. And, in the end, they chose me because they just thought that I was their coolest friend :hug: which is why I'm the coolest punk among us four. :)

Thus, my username, coolezpunk was born!! :p

Christi
11-02-08, 22:34
Christi Dumas is my name:)

Hmm Quentin Tarantino, Sword , Flying heads , Blood spray , Uma Thurman:D

OMG! I love that movie!:hug:

AmericanAssassin
11-02-08, 22:35
Initially, I was known as LaraLover1125 for my first 1003 posts through November 2006 and December 2006. The name is pretty self explanitory. Then, I created AmericanAssassin. I'm an American and I was hyped for Assassin's Creed at the time. I love my username. :)

TombFreak
11-02-08, 22:42
Mine just popped into my head.

MoonSword
11-02-08, 22:42
The sword is the key, and Cutter kinseeker holds the key.
From Wendy & Richard Pini's Elfquest comic book.

domina
11-02-08, 22:45
domina - Latin for "lady" or "mistress"

SummerBreeze
11-02-08, 22:50
I love that cool breeze you can get on a hot day. It's nice and refreshing:D

vespertea
11-02-08, 22:58
Vesper = I'm a night owl. I love the night.

Tea = tea is my BFF.

Thus, Vespertea.

Twilight
11-02-08, 23:02
Vesper = I'm a night owl. I love the night.

Tea = tea is my BFF.

Thus, Vespertea.

8D i love tea.

i'm serious, im drinkin it rite now.

Tear
12-02-08, 00:44
Tear from Tales of the Abyss.:cool:

My favorite character other than Lara.:D

rowanlim
12-02-08, 00:48
Hm I read books by Anne Rice. One of her works is the the Mayfair Witches Saga. Okay, I'm going to get long & dreary :p

In the Saga, there are the Mayfair witches. The first female witch had a daughter, then that daughter had a daughter, & so on. Each of these women have magical powers. The family ghost, Lasher, wants to be in the flesh, so he needs the powers of the 13th, the most powerful, witch to get his wish. The 13th witch is Rowan Mayfair. Her character has a tragic & beautiful story, so I got hooked on the name :p

Hardcore Nerd
12-02-08, 01:38
domina - Latin for "lady" or "mistress"

The first letter must be capital! p.x: Domina, Mistress! It's a rule ! ;) | I am not really a nerd but i like the term.. :ton:

Tombraine
12-02-08, 01:56
Tomb for...[Insert Obvious Reasoning Here]
Raine for Final Fantasy, Bloodrayne and Fear Effect references :D

Shark_Blade
12-02-08, 01:58
Hm I read books by Anne Rice. One of her works is the the Mayfair Witches Saga. Okay, I'm going to get long & dreary :p

In the Saga, there are the Mayfair witches. The first female witch had a daughter, then that daughter had a daughter, & so on. Each of these women have magical powers. The family ghost, Lasher, wants to be in the flesh, so he needs the powers of the 13th, the most powerful, witch to get his wish. The 13th witch is Rowan Mayfair. Her character has a tragic & beautiful story, so I got hooked on the name :pI thought your username was a chinese name lol :p Rowan Lim

Librarian
12-02-08, 02:26
Um... I'm training to be a Librarian.

PH34R MY P0W3RZ 0F 1M4G1N4710N!

Genocide
12-02-08, 02:36
Twas the name of a wrestler i made in WWF Smackdown!, the character was carried over to SD!2 as it was my fave, i registered with a SD!2 hacking forum (which is now dead) and used the name of my wrestler
When registering here i thought it would be easiest to just use the same name id used for 3 years elsewhere rather than come up with something new

rowanlim
12-02-08, 04:49
I thought your username was a chinese name lol :p Rowan Lim

Hahaha Lim is my surname :p

marukisu
12-02-08, 05:09

Hardcore Nerd
12-02-08, 05:17
Twas the name of a wrestler i made in WWF Smackdown!, the character was carried over to SD!2 as it was my fave, i registered with a SD!2 hacking forum (which is now dead) and used the name of my wrestler
When registering here i thought it would be easiest to just use the same name id used for 3 years elsewhere rather than come up with something new

There is a trojan/virus named genocide! :)

Mikel Croft
12-02-08, 05:23
wish i had an interesting story, but alas, I don't - It's just my name.

Evangelina
12-02-08, 06:17
It's the story of a girl...Who cried a river and drowned the whole world.
But while she looked so sad in photographs, You'd absolutely love her when she smiles.

:rolleyes:

buckmana
12-02-08, 07:06
My surname and first letter of my first name.

Not that imaginative, I know.

But the theory was that if someone met me in the real world, they'd know they'd met me on the internet too.

But there are a few other buckmana usernames out there (not that many though, maybe three), so it wasn't that brilliant an idea after all.

Earthcane
12-02-08, 07:16
Man, this thread is old :whi:

Ikas90
12-02-08, 11:10
My real name spelt backwards, plus the year of my birth.

Saki 1990 = Ikas90

:p

Obscure
12-02-08, 11:15
My personality matches mine :vlol:

EgyptianSoul
12-02-08, 11:26
My username is a tribute to Tomb Raider 4, like I said when I joined here. It's the best TR game for me. :)

kryptonite23
12-02-08, 12:35
I chose this username because:

-It starts with letter K
-It has my favorite number
-....and only thing that can beat Superman ;)

Conway
12-02-08, 12:42
Nothing much to it. Just the last name of my favorite character in the TR series aside from Lara.

Necromanser
12-02-08, 12:44
I'm a huge Tolkien,FAntasy and Heroes of Might and MAgic fan and my favourite "creatures/entities" were Necromancers.

bloodstormaoa
12-02-08, 13:47
This is the third theread i've posted this in :rolleyes:

Well......

Bloodstorm is an alternate reality version of X-men's Storm (Ororo Munroe).
She appeared in Mutant X comics and was part Vampire
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s293/bloodstormaoa/Bloodstorm_001.jpg

And AOA stands for Age of Apocalypse which is one of my favourite storylines from the X-men comics

:D

Benguitar
12-02-08, 15:36
I can't remember if I have posted on here or not yet?

My friend Mark thought it up for me when he was helping me start a Runescape account. :vlol: Benguitar2 is my Runescape name, Benguitar is my Virtual School name, Benguitar is my Avril Lavigne Crossbones club name, and TRF name is Benguitar, Benguitar is my Lego club name, Benguitar is my Lucase Arts name and my favorite Benguitar account is the one I have on MILEYWORLD! :) But it all started with Runescape.

Drone
12-02-08, 15:50
I'm agressive like a Xenomorph Adult Drone ;)

Lara's home
12-02-08, 16:07
Once upon a time I played TR2.
Thats about all you actually need to know. :p

petujaymz
12-02-08, 16:37
I almost went with caraloft but decided on petujaymz because, er... it's my name.

The petujaymz brand took a hit thanks to my unscrupulous former colleagues.

I'm taking control... :p The fight back begins... :mis:

:wve:

glitterpaws
12-02-08, 16:48
I just chose from my favourite thing glittery sparkly stuff and cats so I put it together and got glitterpaws!

ShadyCroft
12-02-08, 17:51
My name's Shady and Croft is...well...Croft! :)

Marija_Croft
12-02-08, 17:56
Mine is my name, but how you write it on Serbian, and the surname of Lara Croft. I liked it back then in 2006, I thought : "Isn't it gonna be cool if I write my name and the surname of Lara?" :D

dinahcat
12-02-08, 18:57
my name is in honor of my favorite kitty Dinah. I used to call her "My Dinah Cat" when she curled up in my lap. Sadly, Dinah passed away from kidney failure Three years ago today...just a few days after my second daughter was born. She was 18.

Rest in Peace, good friend...I'll always love you!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/asanrey/dinah_pose_toy1.jpg
DINAH (1987-2005)

Note: My avatar is her paw...

Mona Sax
12-02-08, 18:59
Combine my real name with a love for Max Payne and an empty mind when registering - voilà.

sallyboy44
13-02-08, 01:06
Don't laugh,please

When i was little,my dad used to call me sallyboy.Well,sal's my name.I got the 44 by(no better way to say this one)runescape.Only name left for sallyboy.

First,i thought of yobyllas(spell it backwards you idiot!)but then,i figured out that yobyllas DID NOT MAKE ANY SENSE.

that's it.What do you want from me?Money?Go away!

Natey168
13-02-08, 01:19
Um..it's my name plus a 'y'. I have no idea where I got the 168 from...and I really don't like my username now. :p

TRexbait
13-02-08, 03:58
I wanted a random name that could get lara killed if she imitaded what it said.;) I like seeing Lara die, it's really funny. LOL

Tidus
13-02-08, 04:28
Well I considered names such as Roxas and Sora, but in the end I decided on my favorite Final Fantasy character, which is of course Tidus...:D

Alexandritee
24-02-08, 17:40
Here we go:
My name is Alex,
Alex is short for Alexandra.
Alexandrite is a gem.
Im a gem (; (Oh, and Alexandra is close to Alexndrite)
Add an E on the end and..
Ta-da!

Mad Tony
24-02-08, 17:42
Tony from TR III is mad. There you go, that's where I got it from. :p

SummerBreeze
24-02-08, 19:10
Because I love that cool breeze you can suddenly get on a really hot summers day:)

star-dust
24-02-08, 19:11
Mine just popped into my head as I was registering on this lovely forum, so here we are.:D

Angelus
24-02-08, 19:11
It's the name of the person I had to kill in order to be able to register on here.

Chiki Mina
24-02-08, 19:17
I'm so freaking little. Chiquita meaning little in Spanish. So I shortened it to Chiki. Mina was a nick that a couple of kids decided to name me when I first moved to the US since "Melina" was so hard to pronounce :p.

So, that's the story.

tomblover
24-02-08, 19:25
I love tombs.

You do the math, genius! :p

Voni
24-02-08, 21:06
I thought I posted in here, but clearly I didn't...

Um, basically it's my nickname. My full name's Siobhan (pronounced Sher-von), hence Voni. You see? YOU SEE?!

Bumio
24-02-08, 22:29
i have a cat and her name is Buma :p i love her so much, thats why i've chosen Bumio :p

Forwen
24-02-08, 22:34
I coined it in sindarin some six years ago.

Mina was a nick that a couple of kids decided to name me when I first moved to the US since "Melina" was so hard to pronounce :p.

Melina is your name?

BL00DIEDHELL
25-02-08, 01:14
I'd love to say there's some interesting story behind my username, but sadly, there isn't. It was just something that randomly came to mind ages ago, and that I've used on several other forums

Lara Coft Baby
25-02-08, 01:33
I just choose it, it was the first thing that popped into my mind. :p

Chiki Mina
25-02-08, 01:35
Melina is your name?

Mhm :). That's correct.

TR 4 LIFE
25-02-08, 01:47
for me: TR- tomb raider (obviously) I love tomb raider like any one else....and 4 LIFE: instead of TR forever or TR rocks.......I decided to try something more unique!!:D

cammy.
26-02-08, 13:14
Cammy...from Street Fighter ;)

Phlip
26-02-08, 14:26
If you say my (ugly) name, "Philip", really fast, it sounds like "Flip" and that became my nickname at school for a short while. Then I registered here intending it to be "Flip", but apparently it was already taken, so, that's how I came up with "Phlip". :)

So no, it's not a typo. :p

Carbonek_0051
26-02-08, 14:29
Half of you should totally know what the story behind my username is;)

But if you don't it's from TRL they talk about project Carbonek and Castle Carbonek....

But 0051 was totally random:p

kangaxx
26-02-08, 15:10
I was a great player of Bladur's Gate 2 some years ago. And i got too atached to the game and his chars. One of the many big evils the game have is a terrible Lich that it's inprisioned in a tomb! And he try to fool your party to help him in order he can be save saying he was a pour soul that was imprisioned by evil mages....lol.
Asap as you help him, he cames out and he reveals his true intentions, he his in fact a great evil, and he will atempt to destroy all your party in a fantastic great battle.
I use his name in honor of that great battle, and to not forget never a exelent exemple of a great evil that needs to be vanquished...i think i have a kind of a Paladin/undead Hunter soul...:)

lararoxs
26-02-08, 16:15
Lara rocks!:D i only used that sort of spelling because i was in a text laungauge sort of mood!:p

petujaymz
26-02-08, 16:16
Cammy...from Street Fighter ;)

That little *****! :mad:

How very dare you.

:wve:

pinklaralover
26-02-08, 16:16
Pink Is meh favourite colour
I luv laracroft she mint
and the luva this is because i luv em both :p

Croft_Original
29-02-08, 16:25
Croft Original was/is? a brand of sherry.:D

Croft.

ivannnnn
01-03-08, 04:23
My old password. It's all because of TRF. :tea:

SOLA
01-03-08, 04:29
Mine's pretty easy to figure out. :D

I always loved that wetsuit. Back when it first appeared in the game, you could go to Sola's website and they'd send you a free catalog. Lara's exact wetsuit was in the catalog! I always wanted to get one just as a souvenir, but they were hella expensive.

Now of course that wetsuit is discontinued and I never see them on eBay or anything. :(

SpongeBob Lover
01-03-08, 06:45
I was watching sponge bob when i was registering, now i deeply regret it lol ;D

drakl0r
27-03-08, 12:25
mine's from FFXII....
There's a place called Draklor Laboratories in the game...

TheStoryteller
27-03-08, 16:41
In my case the thread title sounds like a pun :D

myrmaad
27-03-08, 18:28
Mine has been with me for many years. It's just a celt/medievel-inspired made-up form to spell "mermaid".

scoobyjo19
27-03-08, 19:01
Mines very simple.. I liked Scooby when I was a kid, my middle name is Jo, and I was born on the 19th.