PDA

View Full Version : time trials

GodOfLight
26-04-06, 07:52
honestly, is it just me or do the time trials SUCK!!!

i love this game, i love each one of the levels... every moment of exploration and enjoying the beauty is special to me... but the time trials are probably the worst thing CD could have included. they are no fun whatsoever. instead of enjoying a level you just "go through it" as fast as you can. how stupid? tomb raider isnt a racing game imo. and also, by doing it and repeating the level so often you end up hating the damn level.

i cant wait till ive completed these time trials.. after these im gonna have to pack legend away for a few weeks before i touch it again so that my despise for these levels is over. its fine for swift levels like bolivia.. but eternal levels like kazakstan? give me a break.

someone please remind me: why am i doing the time trials again? outfits? anything?

CD DO NOT INCLUDE THIS AGAIN!!!

ELEN
26-04-06, 08:05
LOL! You do the Time Trials to unlock outfits and cheats.

I personally find them ok. I like them. If you have played the game, explored it and found the Rewards, you can then do the Time Trials (not necessarily after exploring and finding the Rewards, but at least you have a general idea of the game). They are indeed only run and shoot, but this is (mainly) their point. I like them.

Tomb of Legends
26-04-06, 08:07
Same here, you dont like em dont do them! (Im not trying to be rude GodofLight, I really respect a member such as your self :))

The only thing you'll miss out on is Outfits and cheats sadly.

GodOfLight
26-04-06, 08:10
Same here, you dont like em dont do them! (Im not trying to be rude GodofLight, I really respect a member such as your self :))

The only thing you'll miss out on is Outfits and cheats sadly.

exactly! which is why i'm still doing them. i dont enjoy it though. sadly the option of "if you dont like them dont do them" doesnt work here since i want the rewards :p

LOL! You do the Time Trials to unlock outfits and cheats.

I personally find them ok. I like them. If you have played the game, explored it and found the Rewards, you can then do the Time Trials (not necessarily after exploring and finding the Rewards, but at least you have a general idea of the game). They are indeed only run and shoot, but this is (mainly) their point. I like them.

i have played through the whole game twice... once just for my first time, and once for all secrets... and now im doing the time trials and i feel like i'm going crazy on acid or something :vlol: arghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cen: :cen: :cen:

okay, i'm done venting :vlol:

- Id -
26-04-06, 08:11
If you want to see my reason for loving them, then click on the below link:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=61170

GodOfLight
26-04-06, 08:13
If you want to see my reason for loving them, then click on the below link:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=61170

sorry, still dont get the reason :ton:

- Id -
26-04-06, 08:16
Some people got speedrunning in their blood, some don't and can practice until they're fairly good :P and some won't have it even if they inject it :ton:

GodOfLight
26-04-06, 08:19
Some people got speedrunning in their blood, some don't and can practice until they're fairly good :P and some won't have it even if they inject it :ton:

well ive beaten every level so far.. only a few more to go :ton: so i guess i apply for the second statement of yours.

although i still think races like this in tomb raider are only fitting for assault courses and timed doors :wve:

- Id -
26-04-06, 08:21
In a way I agree, it's hellishly frustrating to screw up a good run after 5-10 minutes... :( I can't explain the frustration and unfairness I feel about it every time.

I don't want another time trial thing in the next TR game.

GodOfLight
26-04-06, 08:25
i just think certain levels (such as kazakstan and peru) which are already split up into like 3 or 4 main sections, should have seperate time trials. cause doing all of those over and over again is beyond frustrating :(

doublemax
26-04-06, 08:44
i could understand the frustration if the time trial times where really hard to get (like the "Gold" times in Gran Turismo Licence Tests), but especially in the longer levels you can die 3 or 4 times and still make it. So you should not just quit the time trial if you make a mistake, your run doesn't have to be perfect (not even close to perfect) to beat the time.

Jin Uzuki
26-04-06, 08:49
I'm not a big fan of the Time Trials either. May be CD can include bonus levels full of easter eggs for some humor next time. Kind of like the MGS series. :D