PDA

View Full Version : serious problem

angelika
26-04-06, 07:53
I never thought I would actually say that but for the first time in my TR playing I 'm absolutely desperate.
Is there a skip level cheat (ps2)? because I really can't deal with the snake in England. First time I really can't make it. I feel so bad for chaeting but I really don't know what to do.:(

ELEN
26-04-06, 07:57
Awww Angie! There isn't such a cheat, but even if there was one, you would have to unlock it first. What is the problem exactly? You don't have time to pull the levers? The cages don't lower? The snake takes a lot of your health?

Vainamoinen
26-04-06, 08:05
Sorry - don't know any cheats. The snake is a tricky little thing... but amazingly, it's one of those bosses you think impossible to beat at first, then you will kill them almost left-handed in your fourth run through.

My advice: Take a deep breath and maybe one day off "Tomb Raider Legend".

Then try again. Try to find a decent standing position which enables you to throw the rope and draw. Then run to that position while shooting at the bell. Remain standing there shooting and watch the snake closely. If it turns the head for the bell, react fast - put your weapons away, throw rope, draw. If it doesn't turn the head, you will probably be smashed, but never mind, choose a new bell and repeat the process.

You'll eventually get the hang of it. Promise! ;)

angelika
26-04-06, 08:07
Awww Angie! There isn't such a cheat, but even if there was one, you would have to unlock it first. What is the problem exactly? You don't have time to pull the levers? The cages don't lower? The snake takes a lot of your health?

ΟΛΑ !!!
The snake is not dazed when shooting the tank, when I finally grap the levers he knocks me down with his head. When I manage to pull the lever nothing happens. This concerns the tanks in the front because the snake doesn't let me step on the broken bridge and I can't do it from distance.

( I usually don't get disappointed easily, and I never had any kind of bags in any of my TRs)

ELEN
26-04-06, 08:17
The snake gets dazed when you shoot the tank. You just need to focus. It turns its head beneath the cage. And you don't have to shoot many times. Three of four shots are enough. The snake spits this liquid even if you have shot the tank, but if you jump up (or backwards) to avoid the liquid, you can shoot the tank again and the snake will turn its head beneath the tank.

It depends on the mode you play it. In hard mode, for example, it spits liquid more times.

This is what I have noticed and will probably help you. Shoot a tank, when the snake is NOT next to it. For example, if the snake is close to the back left tank, ignore this tank and run to the back right. Shoot the tank BEFORE the snake comes on surface. Keep on shooting and when the snake comes on surface, it will turn its head beneath the tank without bothering with you. This is what I do and I finish in 3 minutes.

- Id -
26-04-06, 08:18
Here's the most important part, Keep shooting A LOT on the Bells. If you only shoot for 1-2s the snake won't look at it. So keep shooting until he'll turn his head at it. THEN pull the lever.

Emily Cartwright
26-04-06, 08:36
And don't run too much... Do the jumpy rolling thing.

Jin Uzuki
26-04-06, 08:45
I see you've got enough help already, Angie. Good luck! :tmb:

Hazzaman
26-04-06, 08:46
this is probli sounds really obvious but u could just switch it to easy so u dont lose to much helth(that is if ur not already on easy):P

ELEN
26-04-06, 09:41
She can't change the mode now, unless she loads a saved game from Ghana and play England again (which is not the best option atm).

angelika
26-04-06, 09:55
She can't change the mode now, unless she loads a saved game from Ghana and play England again (which is not the best option atm).

I started the game easy by accident and I kept all the way

ELEN
26-04-06, 10:15
You still haven't done it girl? Look, it's not so difficult. There are many people that say that. Since you never had problems with TR in the past, then it will be easy for you too. I suggest you to leave the game for a couple of hours. Take a break. It will be better that way :hug:

You just need to concentrate. There are no 100 strategies. There is one specific way to do it. Depending on how fast you are, the snake may spit the liquid a couple of times, but you will soon be able to pull the lever. Take a break...

Angelus
26-04-06, 11:17
The first time I did it, I had no medi-packs, and I didn't think I'd ever do it. It took me a couple of minutes to figure out what to do, and then 3 or 4 times to actually do it. Just keep at it, and you'll do it soon enough.:hug:

dinahcat
26-04-06, 14:24
Here's the most important part, Keep shooting A LOT on the Bells.

True, but be wary! I found that overshooting can cause a problem, though. You may run out of ammo and be forced into a reload. While Lara is reloading, the bells lose some of their reverberation and the snake loses interest. OUCH! Lesson learned - Watch your ammo level!!!

thefadedline
26-04-06, 15:38
I didn't see why anyone would think this boss is hard. It's just a case a shooting/jumping/rolling/repetition!

angelika
26-04-06, 15:49
I didn't see why anyone would think this boss is hard. It's just a case a shooting/jumping/rolling/repetition!

Truth is I haven't got used to the new buttons (what can I say I'm old woman and a hard learner):D

Tonight I 'm going home I'll kick his .... I won't sleep until I manage

bloodyinkpen
26-04-06, 23:46
Make use of the roll button to dodge around wheneve the snake is about to spit or strike. Keep locked on the drum and shoot at it constantly, never letting up until the snake stops to look at it. At this point you have to act FAST. Immediately let fly with your grappling hook and pull the lever the second you snag it. This will bash the snake good and hard with the cage.

The most difficult part is the two in back. They're close together and frequently you grapple the wrong one. That part annoyed the crud out of me.

Kamrusepas
26-04-06, 23:53
but amazingly, it's one of those bosses you think impossible to beat at first, then you will kill them almost left-handed in your fourth run through.

Hey, I am left handed! :D

[P.S... anna kun arvaan: suomalainen? :p]

I'm stuck on the snake too, btw :(