PDA

View Full Version : The best games you've ever seen ?

raiderfun
26-04-06, 10:51
what is The best games you've ever seen in your life ? of like tr ?

SUGARPIE
26-04-06, 11:00
Aside from TR games I haven't bought many incase they don't live up to their promises or are too complex where the controls are concerned.

I think TR is pretty unique. I almost wish that other gaming companies would create games that kind of mirror the Tomb Raider games without totally ripping off the whole Lara Croft character. But a game with the same varied 3-dimensional environments and similar weapons and controls would be great. Then again, TR fans might look down on such games and feel they are trying to emulate TR. But some, like me, would enjoy such games. It's too bad that we have to wait so long sometimes between new TR releases as there are no other games that come close as far as I am aware.

raiderfun
26-04-06, 11:02
Aside from TR games I haven't bought many incase they don't live up to their promises or are too complex where the controls are concerned.

I think TR is pretty unique. I almost wish that other gaming companies would create games that kind of mirror the Tomb Raider games without totally ripping off the whole Lara Croft character. But a game with the same varied 3-dimensional environments and similar weapons and controls would be great. Then again, TR fans might look down on such games and feel they are trying to emulate TR. But some, like me, would enjoy such games. It's too bad that we have to wait so long sometimes between new TR releases as there are no other games that come close as far as I am aware.
yes tr is unique , i never saw a game like it

Lone Raider
26-04-06, 11:04
true. If you're into racers, you can buy another one every two months, same with ego shooters, jump+runs, etc. But the raiding business is unique to TR. Or has been...

raiderfun
26-04-06, 11:10
true. If you're into racers, you can buy another one every two months, same with ego shooters, jump+runs, etc. But the raiding business is unique to TR. Or has been...
i agree

Night_Heaven
26-04-06, 11:52
HEROES 3 IS STILL A GREAT GAME
Another one is Rage of Mage.i guess this are the game I play...Oo,and Halo.:)

CerebralAssassin
26-04-06, 11:56
Resident evil 2,3:D (excluding TR of course..)

Leon xXx
26-04-06, 12:40
GOD OF WAR. -impressive graphic,impressive gameplay,impressive story.
i didnt believe ps2 can handle this game soo well.

cant wait for the 2nd one though

raiderfun
26-04-06, 12:46
spiderman, final fantasy (exept the second :mad:) , star ocean , resident evil 3 , 4 , metal gear , and san andreas , and finally prince of persia , and another games but i will keep my mouth close :D

ace_85
26-04-06, 12:47
Resident evil 2,3:D (excluding TR of course..)

Have you played Resi 4, CA? It's not really like the rest of the series but needs to be played to be believed! Such an awesome game :tmb:

GOD OF WAR. -impressive graphic,impressive gameplay,impressive story.

You're right there Leon. I especially loved the combat element of God Of War, brutal but brilliant

raiderfun
26-04-06, 12:54
When i heard god of war i remember an arcade/fight game , it is that ? or an adventure game like tr ?

ace_85
26-04-06, 12:59
When i heard god of war i remember an arcade/fight game , it is that ? or an adventure game like tr ?

It's a bit of a mix, raiderfun. Some fighting, some exploring and also a few puzzles. It's more combat-based than TR, but still well worth playing if you enjoy those type of games. Sadly, I think it was pretty overlooked when it was originally released

Legend of Lara
26-04-06, 16:01
Tomb Raider: Legend :tea:.
Also like Sonic Heroes. :tea: :tea:

JamesFKirk
26-04-06, 16:13
The TRs, no doubt here.
TES III: Morrowind, TES IV: Oblivion
Knights of the Old Republic, Knights of the Old Republic II
Civilization 1 - 4
Warcraft 2, StarCraft
Teen Agent (you probably won't know this one, but I rarely had so much laugh during a game)
Broken Sword 1, 2 (didn't play 3 yet)
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
Star Trek: Elite Force, Star Trek: Elite Force 2
Diablo, Diablo 2
Gobliiins 1, 2
Heroes of Might of Magic 3, 4
and some others.

TombRaiderLover
26-04-06, 16:15
Grand Theft Auto Vice City is my favourite game ever! Great graphics, very addictive, lots of freedom, etc.

meansizzler
26-04-06, 16:25
I think TR is pretty unique. I almost wish that other gaming companies would create games that kind of mirror the Tomb Raider games without totally ripping off the whole Lara Croft character.

Have you not heard of the indiana jones games, "Indiana Jones and the Emporers Tomb", you should get that", released like 4 years ago, but it said to be way better than the tomb raider games, i've played them myself and Legend doesn't even come close, when you compare them side by side, Tomb Raider just looks so plain and linear, Indy games have so much more action and adventure, harder puzzles that really make you think, the acrobats are way harder to pull off and the comabt is just amazing, guns, fists and a whip.., you really should check that game out Sugar..

SUGARPIE
26-04-06, 16:45
Have you not heard of the indiana jones games, "Indiana Jones and the Emporers Tomb", you should get that", released like 4 years ago, but it said to be way better than the tomb raider games, i've played them myself and Legend doesn't even come close, when you compare them side by side, Tomb Raider just looks so plain and linear, Indy games have so much more action and adventure, harder puzzles that really make you think, the acrobats are way harder to pull off and the comabt is just amazing, guns, fists and a whip.., you really should check that game out Sugar..

Sounds good - is it in the third person like TR and are the controls easy? LOL

I also like the sound and look of the game of The Godfather :tmb:

Thanks, I'll check it out on Play,com :D

Leon xXx
26-04-06, 16:51

Its not that arcade. its hard to explain it.

why dont see the videos...gives u an idea.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/godofwar/media.html?mode=all

Or if u want to see god of war 2 first trailer....

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/godofwar2/media.html

LegenDarY
26-04-06, 16:58
Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, Tekken, Metal Gear Solid and of cource Tomb Raider

meansizzler
26-04-06, 17:04
Sounds good - is it in the third person like TR and are the controls easy? LOL

I also like the sound and look of the game of The Godfather :tmb:

Thanks, I'll check it out on Play,com :D

Well i played indy on the Xbox, but you can get it on the pc and hopefully the 360 pad for pc will work with it, the controls are pretty simple and yes it is third person to....oh I have played godfather, it's like grand theft auto, but you have loads of way to kill people like choking, shooting, and it has a lot of punch combo's...

badboy70
26-04-06, 17:55
beside TR

-Far Cry
-Space Invaders ( pc ) ( stressss )
-Splinter Cell
-Roller Coaster Tycoon
-Age of Empires
-GTA

Kamrusepas
26-04-06, 17:56
Why is there a new topic about this practically every day? :confused:

Anyhow, my favorite is still FFVIII.

meansizzler
26-04-06, 18:06

Exactly...

Elysia
26-04-06, 18:17
Baldurs Gate + Baldurs Gate 2 (and various add ons) and Planescape - Torment. These games, whilst looking a bit old now, are simply put the most fantastic way to eat up your spare time. I have quite literally spent the last 8 years playing these games - each time I play, I STILL discover new things (!!) - and I love them for it.

Legacy of Kain series... simply the best voice acting I have *ever* heard! And the most complicated, engrossing storyline I've ever come across in a game series.

And, so satisfy the child in me - the Jak series. They're colourful, they're fun, they're full of smutty humour... and they're surprisingly challenging!

Chocobo155
26-04-06, 18:48

Anyhow, my favorite is still FFVIII.

Oh I love that game so much! :hug:

I swear I say that everytime someone says it:p Byt honestly, the Final Fantasy series is probably my favourite series ever. I especially love VII, VIII and X. And the TR series is a very close second, followed by the sims. Other than that, I'm really not a huge gamer, but these 3 series are very special I think, and I'm obviously right because the three of them are (I believe I read this a while ago on IGN when it listed the top 20 biggest selling games franchises in the last 15 years) the three most successful game series' of all time.