PDA

View Full Version : Today At The Dentist!

SUGARPIE
27-04-06, 20:58
Hi all :wve:

In spite of arriving 45 minutes early (which enabled me to pop into the computer shop, a friendly little family business, to finally get my much-needed replacement computer battery), I wasn't that nervous.

I finally got in the chair and had to wear those huge industrial safety goggles :ton: I swore I thought he said 'I'll just numb you up' but instead he came straight at me with his drill. Not much one can say in that situation, I just thought to myself, holy cr*p he's forgotten to give me a numb gum and any minute now I'll remind him what one feels like :D

But it didn't hurt at all! He did a tiny hole in a top premolar and two molars which a previous dentist mucked up some years ago due to being drunk (reassuring isn't it :eek: ).

Anyway, after he'd screwed some sort of vice onto each back tooth and poured a bucket full of mercury in I was fit to go.

I thanked him, put my jacket on and said 'see you in six months' to which he replied 'Yes great...but can I have my goggles back please?' He fell about laughing :D. How bliddy embarrassing - I am so used to my big shades being on that I was going to walk off around the town wearing these huge goggles :o :( :p:

BlackGrey
27-04-06, 21:00
Your previous dentist was drunk :eek: That story was fun to read, thanks for sharing Sugar Pie :hug:

SUGARPIE
27-04-06, 21:01
Yes he was an alcoholic and he did some serious damage to my mouth :( Dentists have been putting things right for years!

ILG49ers
27-04-06, 21:01
:D I'm glad everything went well!

I hate going to the Dentist. :eek:

Shauni
27-04-06, 21:02
Hehe. The goggle incident sounds like something I'd do. :D

Glad to hear that everything is well now. :tmb:

jarhead
27-04-06, 21:02
glad it went ok Lo
bad dentists can put you off for life :hug:

SUGARPIE
27-04-06, 21:03
LOL thanks both - Lucky I remembered to remove the bib :vlol:

Angel666
:vlol: I haven't been to a dentist in ages. A drunk dentist? That is very reasuring that the people who are supposed to help us are so irresponsible. When my mom had gum surgery they didn't numb her up and they had to cut out part of her gums. It was horrible. I had to leave the office and went to the shopping mall across the way and tried to calm down. I could hear her yelling in the waiting room. :(

BlackGrey
Yes he was an alcoholic and he did some serious damage to my mouth :( Dentists have been putting things right for years!

Oh that's just not right :hug: , did you get any compensation?

SUGARPIE
27-04-06, 21:15
No he's dead now anyway! I didn't know the extent of the damage until an army Colonel dentist examined me in Germany! :hug:

Shauni
27-04-06, 21:24
When my mom had gum surgery they didn't numb her up and they had to cut out part of her gums. It was horrible. I had to leave the office and went to the shopping mall across the way and tried to calm down. I could hear her yelling in the waiting room. :(

:eek: :eek: :eek:

meansizzler
27-04-06, 21:28
[QUOTE=Angel666I had to leave the office and went to the shopping mall across the way and tried to calm down[/QUOTE]

:hug:

SUGARPIE
27-04-06, 21:32
God Angel that's awful. It must have hurt your mum like hell not to mention put you off for life :(

Lara Lover
27-04-06, 21:33
Well, Congrats Sugarpie. I hate my Dentist. A right pain. Ripped out my tooth and never asked me if I wanted it done.

:(

jarhead
27-04-06, 21:35
my old dentist done that too, when i was under. how dare he- i went in for a filling and ended with 2 fillings and another tooth taken out. :mad:.

i hate dentists who dont take into consideration their patients wants. my dentist always askes if im OK and if i need a break. hes really nice and i dont mind going a dentist. but i can see how bad experiences can put you off for life

SUGARPIE
27-04-06, 21:36
That's too bad Kyle - maybe he didn't want to let you know what was coming :(

Well this dentist I have now didn't ask me if I wanted crowns to replace my existing ones - he just decided. He then filed my perfectly healthy teeth down to pegs and that really hurt. Two perfectly good teeth gone forever - if one of them falls out it is going to be awfully painful and sensitive not to mention the fact that 'Draculs lives' :eek: lol

Angel666
27-04-06, 21:37
Thanks guys. :hug: God, that's horrible Jarhead and sugarpie. The dentist I used to go to was really nice. I can't imagine what that would be like.

xMiSsCrOfTx
27-04-06, 21:47
I was wondering how that went, Lo! I'm glad you're okay. Lol about the shades! :D I wear big shades too.

SUGARPIE
27-04-06, 21:50
I was wondering how that went, Lo! I'm glad you're okay. Lol about the shades! :D I wear big shades too.

Joe 90 look-a-like here Alyssa :D

Thanks, are you feeling a bit better tonight? :hug:

xMiSsCrOfTx
27-04-06, 21:53
Thanks, are you feeling a bit better tonight? :hug:

Yeah, but I stayed home from school today. :p

meansizzler
27-04-06, 21:55
Joe 90 look-a-like here Alyssa :D

HAHA, I hate those big shades, Jennifer lopez wears them, there just so ugly...

SUGARPIE
27-04-06, 21:58
Mine aren't that bad. Mine are Ben Shermans and not plastic-looking. ;)Paris Hilton looks like a fly in her white-rimmed shades! I just look like a sophisticated superstar, naturally :ton:

xMiSsCrOfTx
27-04-06, 21:59
Lmao, I always thought she looked like a fly in those too. :vlol:

jarhead
27-04-06, 22:00
WoW can i have your autograph :rolleyes:

SUGARPIE
27-04-06, 22:11
WoW can i have your autograph :rolleyes:

That's what the bank always says :vlol:

jarhead
27-04-06, 22:12
well im not gonan throw money at your and say if you want a receipt

xMiSsCrOfTx
27-04-06, 22:13
That's what the bank always says :vlol:

Lol :D

Zip
28-04-06, 08:05
My dentist isn't that bad but i wish we had a computer shop next door

Greenkey2
28-04-06, 09:07
Lol the goggles make me think of all the times I've left my handbag on top of the car at the petrol station and forgotten about it until three miles later....:vlol:

I'm off to the dentist next week. Wisdom teeth....GET 'EM OUT FOR PETE'S SAKE! :hea:

gazhammer
28-04-06, 09:10
Lol the goggles make me think of all the times I've left my handbag on top of the car at the petrol station and forgotten about it until three miles later....:vlol:

I'm off to the dentist next week. Wisdom teeth....GET 'EM OUT FOR PETE'S SAKE! :hea:

The Dentist told me i'm just too stupid to have Wisdom teeth?:confused: :(

Greenkey2
28-04-06, 09:13
The Dentist told me i'm just too stupid to have Wisdom teeth?:confused: :(

Lol! :vlol:

Grrrr they are no fun at all. Useless for eating with and they hurt like hell :mad: Avoid if at all possible.

Janny
28-04-06, 09:15
I hate going to the dentist too, because I don't trust them :pi:
Last time I went, the dentist pulled a little trick on me, she told me not to move (I already had my mouth open), and after 10 min she said laughing at me "You still have your mouth open?" she said. Really nice of her :rolleyes: