PDA

View Full Version : Report Card day! Worst grades ever!

Soma Holiday
27-04-06, 21:31
So yeah, I just got my report card and I got not 1, not 2, but 3 F's! I'm failing Chemistry, Pre-Cal, and English, and my parents are going to kill me. I took this stupid govenors school thing and it's so hard and so completely pointless in my mind that I am failing everything! It makes me so frustrated because no one understands that I just don't belong in these advanced classes.

But the guidance counselor told me that since my grades are so bad, they may not let me go back for my senior year...I don't know if I should be happy or sad...

anyway, just a topic for me to vent lol...and if anyone has advice on how to soothe it to my moms and dads, let me know. ;)

Lara Lover
27-04-06, 21:32
So yeah, I just got my report card and I got not 1, not 2, but 3 F's! I'm failing Chemistry, Pre-Cal, and English, and my parents are going to kill me. I took this stupid govenors school thing and it's so hard and so completely pointless in my mind that I am failing everything! It makes me so frustrated because no one understands that I just don't belong in these advanced classes.

But the guidance counselor told me that since my grades are so bad, they may not let me go back for my senior year...I don't know if I should be happy or sad...

anyway, just a topic for me to vent lol...and if anyone has advice on how to soothe it to my moms and dads, let me know. ;)

Aww, That's bad. But, I hope you get better :tmb:

Sorry to hear it, But, Good luck in your next tests ;)

CerebralAssassin
27-04-06, 21:40
I see where you're coming from,my semester was a complete disaster too!:mad: about breaking the news to your parents..let's just say you should be the one breaking the news and someone else..and tell them you'll do better next time that might work..:D

jarhead
27-04-06, 21:42
sorry to hear about that but it isnt the end of the world. grades are only letter written on paper. there can easily be changed, and i dont think your parents will be as annoyed and angry as you think. they cant do anything about it

xMiSsCrOfTx
27-04-06, 21:43
I'm sorry to hear that, but jarhead's right. It isn't the end of the world. The only thing you can do is try harder next time. I get bad grades all the time, so I know it can be quite dissapointing. Don't let it get you down. :hug:

CerebralAssassin
27-04-06, 21:45
are you in high school or college soma?

Reggie
27-04-06, 21:49
I thought I had it bad failing one exam, lets me know I'm not the worst off after all - don't let it get you down, if you feel advanced classes aren't for you then do something about that, something has to give after all. And remember where there's a will there's a way :)

Soma Holiday
27-04-06, 21:49
Thanx everyone...I just hope they'll be as understanding...

and, I'm a junior in High school, but I took this stupid govenor's school program which is supposed to be for smart kids, but this has proven to me that I'm not cut out for it...I like to write, draw, sing, act, etc, so all this analytical thinking is impossible for me...

But it's really frustrating because I had an A in Pre-cal and English on my last report card, and now suddenly I've got F's in the classes. We had only one test in each and that decided my grades completely...I don't think it's fair at all...but it's a 2 year program, but I probably won't be allowed to go back next year...but like I said, that may be a good thing...

jarhead
27-04-06, 21:53
whats Pre-Cal ??

and things change. perhaps you had an off day, or your right. you might be doing stuff thats to differcauot for you. as long as your pleased with your life, grades dont mean much. you dont need maths to become an artist or actor.

Angel666
27-04-06, 21:55
I'm sorry Soma Holiday. We got our report cards too and I'm failing Math and Art. Luckily they passed it out during school so my parents will never need to know. :pi:

CerebralAssassin
27-04-06, 21:56
Thanx everyone...I just hope they'll be as understanding...

and, I'm a junior in High school, but I took this stupid govenor's school program which is supposed to be for smart kids, but this has proven to me that I'm not cut out for it...I like to write, draw, sing, act, etc, so all this analytical thinking is impossible for me...

But it's really frustrating because I had an A in Pre-cal and English on my last report card, and now suddenly I've got F's in the classes. We had only one test in each and that decided my grades completely...I don't think it's fair at all...but it's a 2 year program, but I probably won't be allowed to go back next year...but like I said, that may be a good thing...
whether you not taking these adv. course is good or bad depends on what you want to do in college?you want to be a math major,an engineer,or just in liberal arts?only you can answer that question:p

Soma Holiday
27-04-06, 21:56
Exacty how I feel Jarhead! I think these classes are a waste of time and talent! I'm very happy with my life right now, but my parents are gonna make it hard, ie, taking away my going-out privleges/driving/etc...:(

And Pre-Cal is Pre-Calculus...and I've always hated math...

xMiSsCrOfTx
27-04-06, 21:57
And Pre-Cal is Pre-Calculus...and I've always hated math...

Me too. I'm horrible at it.

jarhead
27-04-06, 21:58
well i would have to chat to your parents. if you want a job like art/actor based then you should be able to spend more time around that. its better to nurture qualities then critique faults ( sorry whoever Sig i nicked there) :p

CerebralAssassin
27-04-06, 21:59
and I've always hated math...
can't blame you there...the way they teach math in these :cen: schools..:rolleyes:

Soma Holiday
27-04-06, 22:01
That's how I feel, and they've never inspired me to do anything that I actually want to do or am actually good at...that's why I don't feel as bothered by it...I'm not going to be an engineer or physician or anything related, I'm going to design something or other...and hopefully I can make them understand that...

jarhead
27-04-06, 22:01
maths is taugh really well, im my class that is. i have to do my gcse a year early and do my courseowrk whihc should take 3 months into a 2 week period. :mad: but i think i'll manage. im a total opposite. i love maths,science etc but hate acting and signing

Soma Holiday
27-04-06, 22:03
I applaud you then if you can understand all of that stuff, but diversity is what makes people so interesting!....well, their home, so it's time to break the news! Wish me luck!

jarhead
27-04-06, 22:05
how about bribery, i will get better grades if you let me buy this and that. ;) . im sure they will take the news better then you expect, however if your not online for a year i will know why

Leon xXx
27-04-06, 22:19
In 8th grade. I failed in all the subjects i took..... thank god they gave me an another chance

Real Life Lara
27-04-06, 22:39
how about bribery, i will get better grades if you let me buy this and that. ;) . im sure they will take the news better then you expect, however if your not online for a year i will know why

:rolleyes: Yeah, bribery will gain your parents respect :rolleyes:

Meh what can ya do... just study harder in the future, put in some effort. As long as you do your best and put in the work, the rest should follow. :)

Thorn
27-04-06, 22:48
Some people are more book smart than others. I really despise those who flaunt it. Anyway try not to worry Soma. I've gotten my share of bad grades and there were a lot of them. :p You can pull yourself up if you try hard enough hopefully. :hug:

AnthonyShock1515
28-04-06, 06:38
The same is happening withme in my Science classes, except Vice-versa.

Im in for tier 3-6 for my exam, yet Im getting levels 7-8 on my end of unit tests, and Im stuck with a bunch of kids in 3-6, when I should really be in 5-8. Its so annoying, the school always does this, Im sure they do this on purpose, Im not bragging but Im great at all subjects (except for Maths-Level 5!Hello?)

Dazzy
28-04-06, 10:04

Whoa, that's pretty unfair, getting 3 F's, well it's not your fault, it may be very hard, just try and work harder.

Nephili
28-04-06, 11:14
Ouch, well chin up, i used to get alot of bad grades when i was at school.

Voni
28-04-06, 12:43
The same kind of thing happened to me at school, I really struggled at French and the teacher wouldn't listen to me. She even told my parents I must be intellectually subnormal because "even a parrot could learn vocabulary". Utter WITCH.

Just make sure you tell your parents these things, if you're trying your hardest and they can see this then clearly you're in the wrong classes/groups. See if you can get your parents to meet up with a teacher at school to discuss this.