PDA

View Full Version : 28 Days Later

Geck-o-Lizard
27-04-06, 22:15
Just watched it and loved it! :tmb: A zombie apocalypse movie with so much more than just the undead. :D

Anyone else here seen it?

Belfastard
27-04-06, 22:17
Seen it when it first came out. It's the BEST British Horror I've EVER seen.

Cillian Murphy... *drools*

It's quite scary! Scared me a tad... especially toward the end.

Glad you enjoyed it. :tmb:

meansizzler
27-04-06, 22:18
YUp was on tv a few months ago, I liked it, that guy went crazy though shoving his thumbs in one of the soldiers eye sockets..

xMiSsCrOfTx
27-04-06, 22:19
I've seen it, and it scared me! :yik:

meansizzler
27-04-06, 22:20
. It's the BEST British Horror I've EVER seen.

Dog Soldiers was better and way more scary..

Leon xXx
27-04-06, 22:21
it was a good movie but nothing was scary to me.

the most scariest movie i've seen is The Exorcists

Belfastard
27-04-06, 22:22
Dog Soldiers was better and way more scary..

Never seen it. :wve:

meansizzler
27-04-06, 22:23
Never seen it. :wve:

WTF?..., go see it...

Geck-o-Lizard
27-04-06, 22:25
I didn't find it scary either; I jumped a couple of times because of the camera movements, but the main thing that disturbed me at all was the idea of trying to find somewhere to go when everything you knew has been worse than destroyed.

I thought the juxtaposition between the Infected and the survivors (mostly the soldiers) was a brilliant feature of the plot. The sheer brutality and desperation reflected in both showed up the fatal weaknesses in human nature.

Belfastard
27-04-06, 22:26
I didn't find it scary either; I jumped a couple of times because of the camera movements, but the main thing that disturbed me at all was the idea of trying to find somewhere to go when everything you knew has been worse than destroyed.

I thought the juxtaposition between the Infected and the survivors (mostly the soldiers) was a brilliant feature of the plot. The sheer brutality and desperation reflected in both showed up the fatal weaknesses in human nature.

Yes, I agree!

SUGARPIE
27-04-06, 22:27
I bought 28 Days Later last week having rewatched it on TV a few weeks ago. I also saw it in the cinema. It's great how they actually closed off parts of the motorway but only for a limited time so the actors had to get it right on their first take.

I thought it was really good because it was filmed with a digital camera. The scenes of that guy walking around the desserted hospital near the beginning saying 'Hello? Is anybody there?' were hilarious. I was struggling to contain my hysterical outburst in the cinema because I whispered to my friend 'Typical NHS you just can't get the staff' :vlol:

Geck-o-Lizard
27-04-06, 22:29
I was struggling to contain my hysterical outburst in the cinema because I whispered to my friend 'Typical NHS you just can't get the staff' :vlol:

:vlol:

intrinsica
27-04-06, 22:33
I've got it on DVD, and seen it soooooo many times. Great stuff. For me, it was better than Dog Soldiers, although mostly because Dog Soldiers seemed to be something of a tribute to old B-films, involving action and pretty bad effects. Although to give them their credit, they really did hold off showing the werewolves for as long as possible, true "Alien" style.
28 Days Later on the other hand seemed to have a better budget for the filming, and they really went for it.

As far as storyline goes however, they really tie. Both about survival, and being trapped. Always bound to be interesting :D

28 Days Later is my favourite, but as far as English films go, they both rank pretty high for me :)

SUGARPIE
27-04-06, 22:35
Lol and another thing, he opened the drinks dispenser and walked off with a can of Sprite and Fanta leaving loads of freebies behind!!

It's funny but on first viewing it is so easy to miss bits. For example both previous times I watched it Geck, I was left wondering how come the guy was the only one who hadn't been attacked. Then this third time I noticed he picked up a key from the floor so he'd obviously been locked in. Sometimes you only have to look away briefly and you miss that all important clue!

SUGARPIE
27-04-06, 22:37
Hi intrinsica, welcome to the forum :wve:

Yes, I almost bought Dog Soldiers because I have a lot of connections with the British Army and because it looks like a good and scarey film. I may have to buy it :tmb:

illuminati30
27-04-06, 22:39
Its a good film, although seen it 3 times and i dont think i could watch it again!

meansizzler
27-04-06, 22:39
Hi intrinsica, welcome to the forum :wve:

Yes, I almost bought Dog Soldiers because I have a lot of connections with the British Army and because it looks like a good and scarey film. I may have to buy it :tmb:

you should it's great, and what kind of connections, can you get any weapons?...

SUGARPIE
27-04-06, 22:43
you should it's great, and what kind of connections, can you get any weapons?...

I have handled and shot weapons on the military ranges but don't have any in the cupboard ;) My father spent 30 years in the army, he was a marksman so was away quite a lot. In fact we were all connected to the military in some capacity except for my brother. He ran a wine cellar and off-licence lol :p

Belfastard
27-04-06, 22:45
I just checked up on Dog Soldiers. Look VERY good. I must see this!

Belfastard
27-04-06, 22:46
He ran a wine cellar and off-licence lol :p

You were so lucky!

UNDERTAKER
27-04-06, 22:48
Great movie, but the ending was appalling in my opinion. I didn't like the whole attempted rape of 2 young women scene. It betrayed everything that came before it. I understand the theme of 'humans are just like the monsters' cliche' but they could have done it so much better.

SUGARPIE
27-04-06, 22:58
Great movie, but the ending was appalling in my opinion. I didn't like the whole attempted rape of 2 young women scene. It betrayed everything that came before it. I understand the theme of 'humans are just like the monsters' cliche' but they could have done it so much better.

Well social niceties seem to diminish in desperate circumstances. The OC was trying to maintain morale among his men and he had promised them women. They also felt that women were needed to ensure survival of the species I suppose but yes, it was a rather tactless scene, I agree. But not totally incomprehensible.

I too was disappointed with the end. Mum and I watched it, Dad reverted back to his book because he didn't have a clue what was going on LOL. Mum was enjoying it and then at the end she sort of felt an anti-climax. The end was too sudden. One minute they were escaping the horrors of the makeshift army base, crashing full speed through a locked gate (no seatbelts on in the back), and the next thing the birds were singing and the woman was sewing curtains and bedsheets together :confused: Where did she get THAT amount of material to make those letters and how ridiculous that they were all perfectly symmetrical. Why did she make the word 'HELLO' and not SOS, it would have saved her a lot of time and effort!

In fact: When they dragged the sewn up sheets/curtains out were they not multi-coloured? Only I am dead-set sure that the letters H E L L O were all white :confused:

RoseTyler
27-04-06, 23:22
mmmmmm Chris Eccleston...

SUGARPIE
27-04-06, 23:30
mmmmmm Chris Eccleston...

He is simply gorgeous isn't he Rose. I also liken him to Craig???? the one who played Alex West In TR the movie and is the new James Bond :D They both have a similar look. In fact when I saw TR I thought it was the same actor!

Belfastard
27-04-06, 23:54
Well social niceties seem to diminish in desperate circumstances. The OC was trying to maintain morale among his men and he had promised them women. They also felt that women were needed to ensure survival of the species I suppose but yes, it was a rather tactless scene, I agree. But not totally incomprehensible.

I too was disappointed with the end. Mum and I watched it, Dad reverted back to his book because he didn't have a clue what was going on LOL. Mum was enjoying it and then at the end she sort of felt an anti-climax. The end was too sudden. One minute they were escaping the horrors of the makeshift army base, crashing full speed through a locked gate (no seatbelts on in the back), and the next thing the birds were singing and the woman was sewing curtains and bedsheets together :confused: Where did she get THAT amount of material to make those letters and how ridiculous that they were all perfectly symmetrical. Why did she make the word 'HELLO' and not SOS, it would have saved her a lot of time and effort!

In fact: When they dragged the sewn up sheets/curtains out were they not multi-coloured? Only I am dead-set sure that the letters H E L L O were all white :confused:

You notice too much Lo, lol.

Nephili
28-04-06, 00:05
Yea saw this film a couple of years back, but i watched it too many times that i got fed up of it. But its still a great movie, although not my favourite Zombie flick.

SUGARPIE
28-04-06, 00:22
You notice too much Lo, lol.

I know :ton: A friend said to my father 'I just watch movies. Lo analyses them' :D

average stalker
28-04-06, 00:28
it's a fun movie to watch. i love the song playing at the beginning while the main character is walking around the deserted city. i still need to check out that band.

SUGARPIE
28-04-06, 00:37
it's a fun movie to watch. i love the song playing at the beginning while the main character is walking around the deserted city. i still need to check out that band.

Just reached for my DVD box and one of the special features is music video by Jacknife Lee. Is that related - or is it a different artist that does the score on that scene? :)

Paperdoll
28-04-06, 00:40
My brother bought a few weeks ago and has been trying to make me watch it. I've only seen a scene when it aired over here in Christmas :vlol: but I have to check it out.

average stalker
28-04-06, 01:03
Just reached for my DVD box and one of the special features is music video by Jacknife Lee. Is that related - or is it a different artist that does the score on that scene? :)

i think I remember reading that itís by the band Godspeed You Black Emperor. the song was very slow and melancholic.

SUGARPIE
28-04-06, 01:13
Hmm I'll have to check the end credits and also watch that part over to see if it appeals :tmb:

I think the only soundtrack I bought was to the movie Meet Joe Black and that was good.

RoseTyler
28-04-06, 02:42
He is simply gorgeous isn't he Rose. I also liken him to Craig???? the one who played Alex West In TR the movie and is the new James Bond :D They both have a similar look. In fact when I saw TR I thought it was the same actor!

mmmmmmm he is. I had a feeling you'd like him actually, thats strange. :D

Not sure I agree with you about him looking like Alex West though :p but I can sort of see what you mean I spose. I was watching Face-Off last night and thought Nicolas Cage looked a bit like Chris sometimes too, especially since he had the same haircut and leather jacket as Chris did in Doctor Who! :D

ILG49ers
28-04-06, 02:44
I've seen parts of it, but I never watched the whole movie. It looked scary from the parts I've seen though.

SUGARPIE
28-04-06, 02:52
mmmmmmm he is. I had a feeling you'd like him actually, thats strange. :D

Not sure I agree with you about him looking like Alex West though :p but I can sort of see what you mean I spose. I was watching Face-Off last night and thought Nicolas Cage looked a bit like Chris sometimes too, especially since he had the same haircut and leather jacket as Chris did in Doctor Who! :D

I too was watching that but I missed the end cos I had to 'powder my nose' :vlol:

Actually Rose, when I saw 28 Days later again recently I actually thought 'Na, Eccleston looks more like Ralph Fiennes' and he can look quite gorgeous in some roles (English Patient?) and yet quite revolting in other roles like Amon Goeth in Schindler's List :pi:

RoseTyler
28-04-06, 03:00
I too was watching that but I missed the end cos I had to 'powder my nose' :vlol:

Actually Rose, when I saw 28 Days later again recently I actually thought 'Na, Eccleston looks more like Ralph Fiennes' and he can look quite gorgeous in some roles (English Patient?) and yet quite revolting in other roles like Amon Goeth in Schindler's List :pi:

LOL! To be honest I've never seen anyone who I've thought looks like Chris (apart from Nic cage last night - and from a distance at that lol)
He just has a look of his own, his face is like art to me lol, and yes in some roles he does look a little less attractive, but not too much ;)

SUGARPIE
28-04-06, 03:02
I meant Fiennes looked bad in some roles - is that who you meant? :D I haven't seen Eccles cakes in many roles before :p

Jin Uzuki
28-04-06, 03:40
What really impressed me was how they made the city seem deserted. The chase scenes were also good.

RoseTyler
28-04-06, 03:56
I meant Fiennes looked bad in some roles - is that who you meant? :D I haven't seen Eccles cakes in many roles before :p

Oh I see! I meant Chris :p LOL you should see him in The Invisible Circus :vlol:

Maureen Errant
28-04-06, 05:22
Watched it a while ago................Idea was kind of creepy.

gazhammer
28-04-06, 05:54
Great Movie:tmb:...Poor Ending:(

Flux42
28-04-06, 14:12
Thanks for the reminder Geck. I own the DVD too and it's been quite a while since I've seen it. I think it's about time I throw it in the player. I like it a lot. Shaun of the Dead is still my favorite zombie flick though.

-James

gazhammer
28-04-06, 14:21
Thanks for the reminder Geck. I own the DVD too and it's been quite a while since I've seen it. I think it's about time I throw it in the player. I like it a lot. Shaun of the Dead is still my favorite zombie flick though.

-James

Shaun of the dead is class!.:tmb:

Have you watched the original Dawn of the Dead?. Its the Dogs Bollucks!.:D

TombRaiderLover
28-04-06, 14:29
28 Days Later is terrible!

SUGARPIE
28-04-06, 15:56
28 Days Later is terrible!

I was disappointed TRL at the end and parts of the beginning oh and err the middle :whi:

But when it was on TV it kinda grew on me and now I have watched it twice on DVD. I love the way they move (the 'Infected'). I think the term 'The Infected' was way too cheesy and so was that bird who reckoned on being tough, her lines were very cliched but there were just enough good bits to keep my interest up :tmb:

Timy226
28-04-06, 16:50
One of my favorite movies, best british horror film ever made.

SUGARPIE
28-04-06, 16:54
One of my favorite movies, best british horror film ever made.

I am trying to recall other British Horrors. Can't think of any! I was going to say An American Werewolf In London but not sure if it is a British production - that was quite scarey at first!

Company Of Wolves? Was that British too?

Scottlee
28-04-06, 17:32
Brilliant film. Easily the best thing I saw in 2003. :tmb:

TombRaiderLover
28-04-06, 18:00
Don't Look Now is the best British horror film ever!!!!!!!!!

SUGARPIE
28-04-06, 18:07
Don't Look Now is the best British horror film ever!!!!!!!!!

I have that on DVD! It's a bit dated but I love it because the bulk of it is filmed in Venice :D

TombRaiderLover
28-04-06, 18:13
I have that on DVD! It's a bit dated but I love it because the bulk of it is filmed in Venice :D

She is dead . . . dead . . . dead . . . DEAADDDD!!!

Flux42
28-04-06, 20:12
Have you watched the original Dawn of the Dead?.
I have seen it but not in a very long time. A good friend of mine from high school (graduated in 1990) and I used to get together and watch all the gore films from back in the day and gross out. It was awesome. :)

-James

Angel666
28-04-06, 20:18
I loved 28 Days Later. I loved that the wall of the church read: REPENT! THE END IS REALLY ****ING NIGH! The whole atmosphere was amazing and I loved the end where he went beserk and killed that idiot wanna-be rapist.

Legend of Lara
28-04-06, 22:17
28 Days later... the date will be the 26th of May... and the most fearsome creatures in the whole universe will start torturing harmless children. Those creatures are... TEACHERS!!! http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/scared/scared0016.gif Even worse than those zombies from the actual movie in my opinion. :D