PDA

View Full Version : Movie Soundtracks

SUGARPIE
28-04-06, 01:28
Hi all :wve:

Seeing as I gave mention to this on the 28 Days Later thread and didn't want to side-track too much on Gecko's topic, I wondered if anyone has ever bought a movie soundtrack CD? If so which one(s)?

I think the only one I have is the musical score from Meet Joe Black, starring Brad Pitt. It really is very haunting in parts and with a contrast of some great orchestrals. I had to wait an incredible four months for it. Every music store in 5 towns near here had sold out and that was a good few years after the movie had been selling on VHS let alone DVD!

I think I ended up getting a copy off the internet and paid about 10 for it. It is strange how we don't often notice just how much music accompanies a film when we are concentrating on the story but when you buy the CD it's amazing how many tracks can be on there. Only when you have listened to it a few times and then watched the movie again do they stand out!

I just wondered if anyone else has any to recommend or comment upon :)

ace_85
28-04-06, 01:32
I have the soundtrack to Garden State and it's actually better than anything I reckon I could put together myself. Most soundtracks have one or two tracks that you would probably skip, but this one is great IMO. If anyone is greatly interested I can post the track list :tmb:

SUGARPIE
28-04-06, 01:35
Yes I'm definitely interested Ace - even though I have not heard of the actual movie LOL. I'll take your word for it! What does the movie revolve around? :)

meansizzler
28-04-06, 01:35
I have bought some songs off napster from movie soundtracks, so that counts I guess...

Apollo 440 - Lost In Space Theme: LOST INSPACE

DMX - X Gon Give It To Ya: CRADLE 2 THE GRAVE

Star Wars Theme: Some Star Wars Film

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama: CON AIR

John Travolta, Olivia Newton - Summer Nights: GREASE

John Travolta, Olivia Newton - Your the One That I Want: GREASE

Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman: PRETTY WOMAN

A few more to..., oh 79P per song from Napster...

James Burgon
28-04-06, 01:37
American History X
One Hour Photo

:)

Paperdoll
28-04-06, 01:38
Mine and my brother's collection:

Star Wars
Romantic Movies (don't ask me which movies are there, but I think that there's a song of The Last Of Mohicans)
Spiderman

so it's not a collection :p but I think there's more, I just can't remember them

SUGARPIE
28-04-06, 01:42
Meanie you can probably get all those tracks and more on a CD for a few quid less - just visit your local Esso gas station :vlol:

Seriously, those compilation CDs are everywhere - you should look around and save a few quid. I like some of them but most compilations have a few bad ones on and I positively loathe the Top Gun one 'Take My Breath Away' It is done to death on every damn compilation out there, movie orientated or otherwise.

But your selection is...tolerable I suppose ;) :ton:

SMSL
28-04-06, 01:43
Queen of the Damned's for a vampiresque mood and for classic moods, Van Helsing's.

ace_85
28-04-06, 01:48
Yes I'm definitely interested Ace - even though I have not heard of the actual movie LOL. I'll take your word for it! What does the movie revolve around? :)

The storyline concerns the central character, Andrew (played by Zach Braff from Scrubs) going back to his hometown in New Jersey - the Garden State - for the first time in ten years, after his mother has died. He is something of a burnout and hasn't spoken to anyone from his hometown in as long. Without spoiling the plotline too much, it's a brilliantly observed tale of how he begins to rediscover himself after he meets the character of Sam (played by Natalie Portman) I really enjoyed it :)

Oh, and here is a link to the the soundtrack

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006GVJW6/qid=1146188878/sr=8-2/ref=pd_ka_2/026-9094236-8326842

:tmb:

MizzCroft007
28-04-06, 01:52
I've boughten several soundtracks xD

-Saw & Saw II
-Titanic
-Grease

And I REALLY like the music from "The Last Of The Mohicans." And... the Jurassic Park theme, amazing work. :jmp:

meansizzler
28-04-06, 01:53
But your selection is...tolerable I suppose ;) :ton:

HAHAHA, DMX not your thing?, mine neither, I hate rap, but i liked that song...and no thanks 79P a song is ok.., I only listen on my computer so saves me ripping them...

DREWY
28-04-06, 01:58
Tommy was brilliant. The Who, Tina Turner, Eric Clapton and Elton John just to name some. Bit old but very good.
I'm after Rock Star ATM. (Mark Wahlberg and Jennifer Aniston) Can't seem to track it down.

ace_85
28-04-06, 02:03
Tommy was brilliant. The Who, Tina Turner, Eric Clapton and Elton John just to name some. Bit old but very good.
I'm after Rock Star ATM. (Mark Wahlberg and Jennifer Aniston) Can't seem to track it down.
Drewy, I found the soundtrack on Amazon.com, if that is any use to you :wve:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005NQIM/sr=8-1/qid=1146189696/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-4510369-9259806?%5Fencoding=UTF8

SUGARPIE
28-04-06, 02:07
Ace, Thank you :tmb:

Meanie: Lol I'll forgive you this once but you are running out of credits fast :D

Drewy, I guess you have tried all the regular haunts such as play.com (Do they deliver to Oz or have their own Oz branch?), and eBay et cetera?

P.S. Has anyone got the Teletubbies soundtrack? Only I must have it urgently lest I develop a terminal illness and euthanasia has still not been made legal :D

DREWY
28-04-06, 02:22
P.S. Has anyone got the Teletubbies soundtrack? Only I must have it urgently lest I develop a terminal illness and euthanasia has still not been made legal :D

If you don't have a terminal illness Teletubbies may just bring it on.... :tea:

ILG49ers
28-04-06, 02:24
I brought the music soundtrack to The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. :)

meansizzler
28-04-06, 02:30
Meanie: Lol I'll forgive you this once but you are running out of credits fast :D

and I thought you loved me...

Anker
28-04-06, 02:30
Let's see:

The Omen-Jerry Goldsmith (the three scores)
The Edge-Jerry Goldsmith
TLOTR-Howard Shore (the three scores)
Pocahontas-Alan Menken
The Village-James Newton Howard
Memoirs of a Geisha-John Williams
Bram Stoker's Dracula-Wojciech Kilar
Kingdom of Heaven-Harry Gregson Williams
Gladiator-Hans Zimmer
The Red Violin-John Corigliano
The Cider House Rules-Rachel Portman

Those are some of the ones I love...

RoseTyler
28-04-06, 02:56
ooh, ooh movie soundtracks!!!! :D

I want the 28 days later soundtrack! I also want the From Hell soundtrack but its hard to get hold of. Anyway, here are the ones I do have...

Labyrinth :D
Once upon a time in Mexico
Tomb Raider
Cutthroat Island
Pirates of the Caribbean
Hannibal
Elizabeth
Bram Stokers Dracula

I think thats all but I might've missed one...if so I'll keep editing :p

SUGARPIE
28-04-06, 03:00
and I thought you loved me...

Love is but a state of mind and my mind is in a right state :D

Drewy that is so true - in which case cancel my order forthwith, I'll take vouchers instead so long as they aren't stamped 'Luncheon Vouchers' :cln:

intrinsica
28-04-06, 07:20
My Movie Soundtracks:
Star Wars : Episode I - John Williams
Black Hawk Down - Hans Zimmer
Gladiator (Special Anniversary Edition) - Hans Zimmer
The Lord of the Rings : The Fellowship of the Ring - Howard Shore
The Lord of the Rings : The Two Towers - Howard Shore
The Lord of the Rings : The Return of the King - Howard Shore

Think that's all that I have, not counting the MP3s on my computer. I saw Silent Hill yesterday, and I'm trying to find the film soundtrack for that. The music in there was awesome.

stereopathic
28-04-06, 07:21
i own every soundtrack to danny boyle's movies. umm, the crow, tomb raider 1, pi, garden state and kill bill volume one. as for scores, i have one hour photo, a couple of thomas newman's (lemony snicket, american beauty), requiem for a dream, fight club, the truman show and run lola run. i have three video game soundtracks that i either ripped or bought. tomb raider one and two, and the best soundtrack i've ever owned: chris vrenna's unbelievable score to american mcgee's alice. by all means, get that score!

Zip
28-04-06, 07:22
Tomb raider 1
Tomb Raider 2
Scooby Doo
Oceans 11/12
The gags of new york
Buffy
Thomas crown affair
after the sunset

and some more but i willl add when i get home

spence
28-04-06, 09:16
Two totally different types of music-

Resident Evil: Appocalypse
&
O Brother, Where Art Though?

gazhammer
28-04-06, 09:27
Two totally different types of music-

Resident Evil: Appocalypse
&
O Brother, Where Art Though?

Cool Dude.:D ;)

I think the O' Brother soundtrack is the absolute Dog's Bollocks!!!.

In Constant Sorrow.

Big rock candy mountain..........These tunes rock!.:tmb:

Good Taste fella!.:D

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......it didnt edit the word bollocks?.:confused:

Greenkey2
28-04-06, 09:29
Oh boy.......I love soundtracks :jmp:

*The 10th Kingdom
*Apollo 13
*Batman
*Batman Begins
*Braveheart
*The Blue Planet
*Chronicles of Narnia
*Constantine
*Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
*The Fifth element
*Final Fantasy; The Spirits Within
*Gladiator
*More Music From Gladiator
*Harry Potter 1 to 4
*Hellboy
*Indiana Jones Trilogy
*King Arthur
*King Kong
*Kingdom of Heaven
*Kundun
*League of Extarordinary Gentlemen
*Loch Ness
*Lord of The Rings 1 to 3
*Pirates of The Caribbean
*Planet of The Apes (Tim Burton edition)
*Reign of Fire
*Serenity
*Sleepy Hollow
*Star Trek Insurrection
*Star Wars Original trilogy
*Star Wars Prequel trilogy
*Stargate
*Terminator 3;Rise of The Machines
*Tomb Raider; The Cradle of Life
*Van Helsing
*X-Men
*X-Men II

Jebus
28-04-06, 09:30
Yes i have all of the Lord of The Rings, soundtracks (all three) and i have actually bought a game soundtrack, i bought the FF7 soundtrack, because the music is AMAZING!!!

jarhead
28-04-06, 10:17
i liked the mr and mrs smtihs soundtrack

Emily Cartwright
28-04-06, 10:23
Lost Highway - If you haven't listened to this CD you really should. The film is fantastic (if you like your movies surreal :D) and the soundtrack is the best film score ever...

I know I own more but I can't remember which ones they are... :confused:

Nephili
28-04-06, 11:24
I had the Resident Evil Movie soundtrack, that was quite good but i lost it :(

xMyrax
28-04-06, 11:28
Man on Fire and The Fifth Element! :D

Belfastard
28-04-06, 11:41
ALL tunes from The Rocky Horror Picture Show, and:

Little Black Dress from Rocky Horror Picture Show 2: Shock Treatment.

Real Life Lara
28-04-06, 11:59
Queen of the Damned Soundtrack - AMAZING!
Road to Perdition score - Also AMAZING!
Practical Magic Soundtrack - Yet again, AMAZING!
The Beach - Pretty cool :p

:D

SUGARPIE
28-04-06, 12:27
Yeah I've heard the Beach RL Lara :tmb:

Wow, some great sounds everyone...I am feeling inspired!