PDA

View Full Version : Indaian Jones Heading to 360 with new Lifelike Movement

meansizzler
29-04-06, 15:52
Lucasarts is set to wow us again. They've been more than successful with the Star Wars game franchises so it's no surprise to see them working hard on another Indiana Jones adventure as it's also a huge money-pot.

They've teamed up with NaturalMotion to set a standard once again. We're in the next-generation of console gaming so needless to say the graphics and sound are much improved. Many people want to argue maybe the Nintendo Revolution is the only true next-gen console as it's got a different way to control your game with its wireless wand. Gameplay itself couldn't possible be redefined... or could it?

Euphoria is a run-time animation technology in the works that's going to awe us with incredibly accurate physical behaviors. Could you be virtually playing your way through your own Indiana Jones movie? You just may feel like it if we can finally see some more realistic movement. Indiana Jones could push next-gen to the next level of standards as far as physical movement in games go. IGN got to take a look at a couple of demo's that showed off the new technology.

""In our minds, the age of the rag doll is over," said Williams. "Now we layer on top of the simulation this intelligence, this awareness, this ability to respond, react, get back up and grab onto things."

"The stumbling, the staggering, the notion that the characters really have this sense of situational awareness, and they have this sense of self preservation that really allows you to, given a circumstance, get a different reaction from them every time," said Williams.

No media from the demo's have been acquired but IGN has a bundle of information reguarding this you should really check out. Indiana Jones next adventure should be rolling out sometime in 2007. With this interesting tidbit of information, this Indiana Jones fan is very excited to see what it can roll out.

meansizzler
29-04-06, 15:53
Typo on thread title, admins please fix...

interstellardave
29-04-06, 15:53
Oh yeah!!! :yah:

meansizzler
29-04-06, 16:00
Yup, thenm Indy games are great, can't wait for this, should have a lot more action and more stuff to do than Legend...

xMiSsCrOfTx
29-04-06, 16:00
Wow, cool! I'm sure it'll be awesome, I can just imagine the graphics. :eek: :tmb:

meansizzler
29-04-06, 16:01
I hope they keep them fist fights, collective did a great job on the last indy game...

interstellardave
29-04-06, 16:03
I think they used the original Buffy The Vampire Slayer engine for that game... same developer and it felt the same, although Buffy could do some extra stuff of course. Come to think of it, I hope Collective does a next-gen Buffy game too!

Maureen Errant
29-04-06, 16:04
:jmp:

meansizzler
29-04-06, 16:33
I think they used the original Buffy The Vampire Slayer engine for that game... same developer and it felt the same, although Buffy could do some extra stuff of course. Come to think of it, I hope Collective does a next-gen Buffy game too!

Yes they did, same engine, Buffy was great, the sequel was crappy though, but it was not done by the collective thank god.., not sure if The Collective are signed on for the new indy game though...

interstellardave
29-04-06, 16:34
Yes they did, same engine, Buffy was great, the sequel was crappy though, but it was not done by the collective thank god.., not sure if The Collective are signed on for the new indy game though...

The sequal DID stink. God, I didn't even get through the first little part of it before I decided to trade it in. The controls were nothing like the first one--horrible!

meansizzler
29-04-06, 16:38
The sequal DID stink. God, I didn't even get through the first little part of it before I decided to trade it in. The controls were nothing like the first one--horrible!

Yup, the movement was jerky to, so the added a few more moves, well a lot more, but hey was not even close the the first buffy, I gave up on the sequel as well, still not finished the original...

interstellardave
29-04-06, 16:39
Yup, the movement was jerky to, so the added a few more moves, well a lot more, but hey was not even close the the first buffy, I gave up on the sequel as well, still not finished the original...

You'll enjoy the 1st one all the way through. The final battle is pretty cool. I hated the giant spiders though--they freak me out in every game in which they appear!

meansizzler
29-04-06, 16:42
:hea: You'll enjoy the 1st one all the way through. The final battle is pretty cool. I hated the giant spiders though--they freak me out in every game in which they appear!

Giant spiders?, you mean the ones you have to kill with the flame thrower, yup they were annoying, the game was so hard was so hard to spot them, but the fighitng and combos were amazing...., hey you know on the original they have a secret multiplayer mode?, it's great you have to do a few button presses at the menu to gain access to it...

-------------------------
Multiplayer Arena
To play the arenas, go to the Extras menu and type Y, Y, White, Black, Black, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, White, Black.

You will hear a scream and you have four arenas, which you can play solo or with a friend!

interstellardave
29-04-06, 16:46
Yeah, those spiders (I didn't think I'd spoil it for you... you see them early on). I love how you can grab and then throw vampires onto exposed pipes and things... the combat was just perfect for a Buffy themed game.

I never played the multiplayer mode because I didn't know anyone that would play it with me. My friends who are into videogames care nothing for Buffy. I try to get them to realize how great the show is but they just think it's stupid (without watching it, btw).

meansizzler
29-04-06, 16:48
I never played the multiplayer mode because I didn't know anyone that would play it with me

I had no one to play it with either, but dark buffy was so hard to beat..., but even without the series, buffy is a really good game, you don't have to like the show to enjoy the game unlike other Tv shows to game series...

ILG49ers
29-04-06, 17:22
That sounds great! :tmb:

BlackGrey
29-04-06, 17:33
Competition for CD, oh this should get good :D

L.C
29-04-06, 18:05
Now that's music to my ears, another Indy game :yah:

Grenade
29-04-06, 23:34
That's lovely news!:D Can't wait.:)

I got both Buffy games too. I loved the first one. The 2nd one was a pile of ****. Very bad! Buffy was ugly too in that one, actually everyone was! The Collective are great!:D

tazmine
29-04-06, 23:55
I hated the last Indy game: the controls were dreadful, & you couldn't save where you wanted. The previous one: Indiana Jones & the Infernal Machine was great. If the new one could be that good...

BoyTRaider
30-04-06, 00:15
No Indy for the PS3? :(

Jin Uzuki
30-04-06, 05:47
Amazing news! Such competition for CD and UbiSoft will push these two mammoth developers to reach for greater heights of standards.

SMSL
30-04-06, 06:21
CD and UbiSoft

I wonder if mentioning those 2 in particular has anything to do with raiding palaces in Persia... :pi:

mtts06
30-04-06, 06:26
Come to think of it, I hope Collective does a next-gen Buffy game too!

OMG me too! Seriously one of my fav games of all time was the orginal buffy game on the xbox

chaos bleeds sucked though

Shark_Blade
01-05-06, 21:13
More reason for me to grab a 360.
Unfortunately, I've been through many game stores here and couldn't find any xbox 360. I'm gonna miss next-gen Legend:(