PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think that Eckardt is the best Tomb Raider villian?

TrojanMan
30-04-06, 01:54
Thinking of rebuying Angel of Darkness just because he's such a badass.

RoseTyler
30-04-06, 01:56
He's a great villian! Simply because he can disguise himself as anyone! That came as quite a shock actually, finishing AOD to discover that everyone was the same person! Although it still kinda left you wondering if they actually were...

xMiSsCrOfTx
30-04-06, 01:56
Eckhardt was pretty cool, but I liked Boaz even more (even though her part was so minimal). She was really badass and just all around awesome. :D

TrojanMan
30-04-06, 01:57
He's a great villian! Simply because he can disguise himself as anyone! That came as quite a shock actually, finishing AOD to discover that everyone was the same person! Although it still kinda left you wondering if they actually were...

Actually, I think you're confusing Eckhardt with Karel.

RoseTyler
30-04-06, 01:59
Actually, I think you're confusing Eckhardt with Karel.

But aren't they both the same person anyway? :o ...No wait, now I'm thinking of Bouchard.

Damn I'm confused!

TrojanMan
30-04-06, 02:02
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/4910/screen67ue.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Eckhardt.

xMiSsCrOfTx
30-04-06, 02:03
Karel's the blonde guy, Eckhardt's that one ^ and Bouchard is the fat guy with the dark hair (who always reminded me of Tony Soprano for some reason)...

RoseTyler
30-04-06, 02:04
...Yeah thats the guy who comes into my mind when I think of the name Eckhardt... So he wasn't the guy Lara defeats at the very end of the game??

TrojanMan
30-04-06, 02:07
He was one of the two final bosses. First you fight Eckhardt, and then Karel.

RoseTyler
30-04-06, 02:11
Strange, all I remember is one guy who could change into other people. I'll admit though, I've only played the last levels a couple of times and the last time Idid was a verrrry long time ago. I love AOD but later levels scare me! :o I love replaying the Louvre levels. :p

Jake Croft
30-04-06, 02:17
Post a screenie of karel pls ;D

CerebralAssassin
30-04-06, 05:53
ekchardt is decent:p

NightWish
30-04-06, 05:58
He is oe of the best villans but he should be harder to beat.
BTW: Ummmmmmmm shouldn't this be in Aod Forums?

amlai
30-04-06, 06:10
Post a screenie of karel pls ;D
Its not big but...

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/5971/karel0dj.jpg

TrojanMan
30-04-06, 08:21
He is oe of the best villans but he should be harder to beat.
BTW: Ummmmmmmm shouldn't this be in Aod Forums?

Well this is "General Chat" that is ANYTHING Tomb Raider (and anything else), right?

GodOfLight
30-04-06, 09:00
yeah, i think it should be in the AOD forum.

and yes, eckhart was a great villain.. too bad his character and the AOD storyline wasn't developed further.

Geck-o-Lizard
30-04-06, 09:26
<3 Eckhardt.

Too badass to live. I felt so sorry for him when Karel turned on him at the end. Found him much more intriguing than any of the previous TR villains because he played a slightly larger and more important role, and in the past, the villians had nearly always been quite innocuous until the end battles so you never really got to know them at all.

Jebus
30-04-06, 09:30
yeah he was pretty sinister

Janny
30-04-06, 09:36
He was a scary villain, but it's like something is missing, I don't know, maybe a cat to pett, like other evil-doers :D :D

Thorir
30-04-06, 09:37
Er... No.
Natla!

TrojanMan
30-04-06, 10:02
Natla=Overrated. I didn't really see anything particularly great that made her an interesting villian.

Laras Backpack
30-04-06, 10:11
Natla=Overrated. I didn't really see anything particularly great that made her an interesting villian.
I disagree. I love the way the game slowly puts together the pieces of her story revealing that she isn't just a pushy business woman, but an Atlantian demi-goddess. The fmv with her arguing with Qualopec and Tihocan showed how arrogant and tough she was even when tied up and at their mercy. Her desire to build a race of mutants to give evolution 'a kick in the pants' made her seem both insane and even a little sympathetic...well sort of.
I love that TR1 had a female villan as well as a female hero and that both characters were engaging and intelligent in their own ways.

Nephili
30-04-06, 10:20
Umm not really lol. Id go with Natla or Marco Bartoli, Eckhardt was boring IMO.

Angel_14
30-04-06, 10:23
I had no heart to hurt Eckhard, because he reminds me my grandfather :( ( :mis: )

Kamrusepas
30-04-06, 10:26
Found him much more intriguing than any of the previous TR villains because he played a slightly larger and more important role, and in the past, the villians had nearly always been quite innocuous until the end battles so you never really got to know them at all.

True. But I still like Karel more :D

Natla'd
30-04-06, 11:35
Natla is tops! Eckardt looks too much the part to be taken seriously.

Anubis_AF
30-04-06, 12:07
Nothing beats Natla. Or in this case, no one beats Natla.

Reggie
30-04-06, 14:46
Amanda has an extra dimension that makes me question Lara's actions she's one of the best enemies in every way.

Catlantean
30-04-06, 16:11
Eckhardt, hmm. I think he was a great concept, an immortal aberration that had to steal life from others to keep himself alive. But in the game itself he came across as rather shallow, cliche and not too intelligent, basically the hunt him-kill him-forget him kind of villain that has no personality other than killing people, and wants to destroy the world just because. I'm not saying they should've made him sympathetic, but giving him some kind of motivation to do what he's doing would've made him a lot more memorable villain. IMO, Karel and Boaz (whose screentimes put together probably wouldn't surpass one-tenth of Eckhardt's screentime) seemed a LOT more interesting than him.

I liked his voice though.

And Natla rules all :D

Pipolinne
30-04-06, 16:54
Not really,no.

Though AOD was my first video game,the truth is that Eckie ( as I call him :D) is quite a common-place character;more like him can be found in low quality fantasy books: the immortality cliche,the take over the world thing,etc. Actually, he's too much away from the plot to be considered an enemy,and his final fight with Lara is very far from being a climax. Fighting Rutland was much more exciting! I really think Brother Obscura would have been much more interesting :D!

Fighting Boaz , who had a much more rich story, would have been much more thrilling.And the truth is that one of the most hard fights was with this boss.

And Natla, though I haven't played the game,seems, due to faithfull sources ( yes,Anubis,I'm also talking about you :)) to be a strong character,with a complex past and a much more compelling personality.

Legend of Lara
30-04-06, 17:48
I like Eckardt but I personally like Natla the best. Then in second comes Amanda.:D