PDA

View Full Version : Shc

CerebralAssassin
30-04-06, 03:33
any one heard of this:p it's pretty weird..

xMiSsCrOfTx
30-04-06, 03:34
No.. :confused:

RoseTyler
30-04-06, 03:35
Nope

CerebralAssassin
30-04-06, 03:35
it's an abbreviation..:p

CerebralAssassin
30-04-06, 03:41
ACTUALLY on second thought..this topic is too gorry for an all aged forum..can a mod please close this thread:D

disjointed
30-04-06, 04:12
Nevermind!

CerebralAssassin
30-04-06, 04:16
you didn't have to say it:hea:

xMiSsCrOfTx
30-04-06, 04:19
Thiiink before you posttt :whi:

disjointed
30-04-06, 04:22
What was wrong with me saying it? I don't understand? Sorry!

CerebralAssassin
30-04-06, 04:22
Thiiink before you posttt :whi:
i know..:hea: damn it..please people don't post in here any more

Spitfire
30-04-06, 05:02
woot i posted!

...Now PM with that it is! I want to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

disjointed
30-04-06, 05:22
woot i posted!

...Now PM with that it is! I want to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Empty your PM box!

Spitfire
30-04-06, 05:22
Empty your PM box!
lol dont worry i got it :D
Its rather funny in My opinion but ican see how its not suited for the forum.

laralives
30-04-06, 05:26
to me too :D

Jake Croft
30-04-06, 05:36
Pm me with what it means xD

mtts06
30-04-06, 05:40
:vlol:

Jake Croft
30-04-06, 05:42
UGH i know what it stands for but dont know what that means xD

only Croft
30-04-06, 10:30
pls PM me too, I am curius :D

Angel_14
30-04-06, 10:31
PM me too! :D

Kamrusepas
30-04-06, 10:33
If it's what I think it is.... Then yeah, it is pretty weird :D

jarhead
30-04-06, 10:35
ive heard of it- and i know what it means. although its not suitbale, it could be educational

Jebus
30-04-06, 13:20
can someone please PM with that that abbreviation means, thank you!!!

jjbennett
30-04-06, 13:29
Google says
"Sudden combustion of a person, without the presence of fire or heat."

J.

jarhead
30-04-06, 13:31
lol- your avvi says it all

TombRaiderLover
30-04-06, 14:36
Spontaneous Human Combustion????

If not, PM me!!!!

jarhead
30-04-06, 14:44
yep

TombRaiderLover
30-04-06, 14:46
Why is it not suitable for the forum????

jarhead
30-04-06, 14:48
little children reading about people who have combusted wont be nice

Spitfire
30-04-06, 14:53
yup...But NO posting of pictures in this thread at all.

jjbennett
30-04-06, 15:10
"BANG...and your brain is gone"

Kamrusepas
30-04-06, 15:14
little children reading about people who have combusted wont be nice

Yes, but it happens in real life. Who protects them from that?

jarhead
30-04-06, 15:15
fair point

Spitfire
30-04-06, 15:16
LOL, but honestly, how often does this happen and how often do you hear about it? :D
Not much eh

jarhead
30-04-06, 15:17
i think i read about a case noit that long ago but it was a 90 alcoholic who also ate those burning touch things as a performer

Spitfire
30-04-06, 15:18
i think i read about a case noit that long ago but it was a 90 alcoholic who also ate those burning touch things as a performer

gee, i see some key words...doesnt sound so Spontaneous to me :p

jarhead
30-04-06, 15:20
yer well its only spontaneous in a couple of cases- but its always provoked by something, everything is in life

jjbennett
30-04-06, 15:21
There was an unconfirmed story of a chess player who thought so hard in a match he SHC'ed.

jarhead
30-04-06, 15:22
:vlol: :vlol: i know its not that funny- but does that mean that thinking can kill you :pi:

xMiSsCrOfTx
30-04-06, 15:27
These cases are all unexplained, they don't even know if they were really victims of combustion.

Greenkey2
30-04-06, 15:55
These cases are all unexplained, they don't even know if they were really victims of combustion.

The packet of petroleum-jelly cigars probably gave it away :pi:

Legend of Lara
30-04-06, 18:41
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... did THIS spawn 5 pages? :confused:

EDIT: Now it has SIX?

Airave
30-04-06, 21:11
Meh.......

Are We Not Tomb Raiders??!!
We should be able to handle
something as banal as SHC!

Legend of Lara
01-05-06, 00:16
Meh.......

Are We Not Tomb Raiders??!!
We should be able to handle
something as banal as SHC!

Excactly.
PS: I LOVE SCOOTER! BEST BAND IN DA WORLD!!!

Spitfire
01-05-06, 00:25
This is just another attempt to calm those people in anger management groups.

viper456
01-05-06, 00:28
hahaha reminds me of the episode of family guy when it happens to peter hahaha

RoseTyler
01-05-06, 00:31
Ohhh that shc! ....tis a mystery...

Spitfire
01-05-06, 00:31
hahaha reminds me of the episode of family guy when it happens to peter hahaha
LOL, i remember and they are like
"Oh my, seems like i must have spontaneously combusted"
"Oh yes it seems so"
"Oh look, it's raining outside..."

:DLove family guy.

Lara Croft!
01-05-06, 01:05
p.m Me Too Somebody!!!!

Spitfire
01-05-06, 01:19
pm u for what...we are talking about it openly already lol.

viper456
01-05-06, 01:21
LOL, i remember and they are like
"Oh my, seems like i must have spontaneously combusted"
"Oh yes it seems so"
"Oh look, it's raining outside..."

:DLove family guy.

lmao!!! one of my favourite episodes that one!! ^_^

DREWY
01-05-06, 01:36
Watch the movie 'This is Spinal Tap'. They keep losing drummers due to this.

Belfastard
01-05-06, 03:42
Yes, but it happens in real life. Who protects them from that?

Extremely good point.

CerebralAssassin
01-05-06, 03:53
There was an unconfirmed story of a chess player who thought so hard in a match he SHC'ed.
lmao :vlol: In that case maybe I should stop playing chess and change my major:vlol:

DREWY
01-05-06, 04:12
Maybe his opponent said something to get him 'hot under the collar"

CerebralAssassin
01-05-06, 04:15
Maybe his opponent said something to get him 'hot under the collar"
If that were the case I would have been SHC'ed a long time ago..Yahoo chess you know,evilness:D :p

Jebus
01-05-06, 08:43
lol, i had to PM Jarhead to tell me what this meant, yes i have heard of it before but never could figure out the abbreveation, it's not something you talk about everyday

jamieoliver22
01-05-06, 08:47
"BANG...and your brain is gone"

Is that the new type of Cilit Bang?

jarhead
01-05-06, 09:28
lol ha ha

CerebralAssassin
01-05-06, 09:37
folks..don't think too hard..or you might explode:p

Elysia
01-05-06, 09:40
SHC is considered a genuine fortean event, although most people who work professionally with fire (i.e, errr, firemen...) are incredibly sceptical about it.

A recent case was explained thusly (taken from Fortean Times 209, May 2006)

..."a man had been having a drink in a local pub when, in front of several witnesses, he burst into flames. The witnesses were convinced it was SHC, but during the subsequent investigation by the fire brigade sevral extra facts turned up. The deceased had been mowing his lawn for the first time that year and had spilled some petrol onto his clothes. It was still a bit chilly, being early in the year, so the petrol stayed on his clothes (didn't evaporate). But when he went into the warm pub, the petrol vaporised, and the vapour - being heavier than air - sank to the floor and sprad out across the room, which had an open fire in the corner."

This was a case in Kent. My Dad's seen cases too (he's a Fireman and trained Fire Investigation Officer) - he said that they look bizarre, but nearly all have been explained. There is nearly always a source of ignition somewhere nearby (a fire; a cigarette; a candle etc.), and whilst the afoementioned source isn't normally near enough to be unequivocably the reason for ignition (hence the need for investigation and the rumours around SHC beginning), they can normally explain how the fires might have started.

There are, however, the odd one of two that still defy explanation, hence the reason why SHC remains an open case.

gazhammer
01-05-06, 09:45
folks..don't think too hard..or you might explode:p

Hey dude,:D My GF's son has A.D.H.D(the H is for hyperactive).

From what i've seen, if properly monitored and parented it can be kept in some kind of control, the problem is these days that parents all over the World are too soft with their kids, so not only do you get A.D.D. or A.D.H.D, you also get B.K.D.(bad kid disease:D), where the kid will play on their disorder to the point that they do it because they know they will get away with it!.:(

So basically Bad Parenting in recent years has brought this disorder into the limelight!.

CerebralAssassin
01-05-06, 09:45
SHC is considered a genuine fortean event, although most people who work professionally with fire (i.e, errr, firemen...) are incredibly sceptical about it.

A recent case was explained thusly (taken from Fortean Times 209, May 2006)

..."a man had been having a drink in a local pub when, in front of several witnesses, he burst into flames. The witnesses were convinced it was SHC, but during the subsequent investigation by the fire brigade sevral extra facts turned up. The deceased had been mowing his lawn for the first time that year and had spilled some petrol onto his clothes. It was still a bit chilly, being early in the year, so the petrol stayed on his clothes (didn't evaporate). But when he went into the warm pub, the petrol vaporised, and the vapour - being heavier than air - sank to the floor and sprad out across the room, which had an open fire in the corner."

This was a case in Kent. My Dad's seen cases too (he's a Fireman and trained Fire Investigation Officer) - he said that they look bizarre, but nearly all have been explained. There is nearly always a source of ignition somewhere nearby (a fire; a cigarette; a candle etc.), and whilst the afoementioned source isn't normally near enough to be unequivocably the reason for ignition (hence the need for investigation and the rumours around SHC beginning), they can normally explain how the fires might have started.

There are, however, the odd one of two that still defy explanation, hence the reason why SHC remains an open case.
yes but this still doesn't explain why the surroundings in certain cases remain intact...:confused:

CerebralAssassin
01-05-06, 09:47
Hey dude,:D My GF's son has A.D.H.D(the H is for hyperactive).

From what i've seen, if properly monitored and parented it can be kept in some kind of control, the problem is these days that parents all over the World are too soft with their kids, so not only do you get A.D.D. or A.D.H.D, you also get B.K.D.(bad kid disease:D), where the kid will play on their disorder to the point that they do it because they know they will get away with it!.:(

So basically Bad Parenting in recent years has brought this disorder into the limelight!.
let's continue this discussion in the appropriate thread shall we:p

Elysia
01-05-06, 09:57
yes but this still doesn't explain why the surroundings in certain cases remain intact...:confused:

It's down to the good old Fire Triangle in most cases. A fire can burn very intensely for only a few seconds, reaching temperatures we can only imagine (put it this way - imagine beingfighting a fire where the sweat boils in your boots. Impossible? Nope... I've seen my Dad's blistered feet just after such an event) , but if is then deprived of oxygen, no matter how hot it is, or if there ar other combustible sources of fuel around, it will burn out. There are also fires that are so quick that they simply don't seem to have time to ignite anything else.

It's actually quite hard to set fire to stuff like furniture (yes, Watchdog would have you believing otherwise... but unless you introduce a (pretty intense) naked flame for a prolonged time, most stuff won't burn on contact). How many times do you have to, for example, re-light a barbeque if you don't look after it? The bloody thing will keep going out if you don't tend it initially - fire needs to build up momentum to actually do damage. Dropped cigarrettes do a lot of damage only if they are left to smoulder - drop a fag on your sofa, and it won't immediately burst into flames. You can even drop a lighted candle (I don't recommend this, though... :D ) and it won't catch light.

However, some cases still baffle people, hence the reason SHC remains a valid mystery. I think SHC is pretty interesting - I am in no way a sceptic - I've seen photo's that make you think 'whoa! How on earth did the person turn to ash and the sofa survive?!', but a lot of people, normally those who are used to how fire behaves and have seen (and given plausible explanations as to how) these things occur, believe it's a myth...

gazhammer
01-05-06, 09:59
Arrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh CRAP................. wrong thread.:confused:

Elysia
01-05-06, 10:00
Arrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh CRAP................. wrong thread.:confused:
Ahhh, the joys of senility... *ducks* :D :D

(Yes, I am in a cheeky mood today! :ton: )

gazhammer
01-05-06, 10:04
Ahhh, the joys of senility... *ducks* :D :D

(Yes, I am in a cheeky mood today! :ton: )

Actually, i was just trying to prove a point to C.A. that all of his abbreviated thread titles are becoming confusing!.;)

Oh and btw, you aint toooooooooo far behind me are you Miss?.... :ton:

Elysia
01-05-06, 10:09

Actually, i was just trying to prove a point to C.A. that all of his abbreviated thread titles are becoming confusing!.;)
....unless you're a fortean nerd, like me!! :p

But I can see why that would be pretty confusing for a lot of people. SHC hasn't exactly been in the papers recently...

Oh and btw, you aint toooooooooo far behind me are you Miss?.... :ton:
:ton: ...the main point here being 'behind'!!! (Crap. 29 next week. Thanks for the reminder!)

gazhammer
01-05-06, 10:16
....unless you're a fortean nerd, like me!! :p

But I can see why that would be pretty confusing for a lot of people. SHC hasn't exactly been in the papers recently...

:ton: ...the main point here being 'behind'!!! (Crap. 29 next week. Thanks for the reminder!)

WOW, before you know it you'll be 30:yik:(thats when the nightmares begin).;)

I've spent the last fortnight trying to assure everyone that i'm not actually 6 months pregnant, (you'd think being a bloke would quash these rumours, but ohhhhhhhhh................nooooooooooooooo.:confus ed:):D

Why cant extra weight distibute itself evenly throughout the body?.:confused:.....:hea:

CerebralAssassin
01-05-06, 10:23
:vlol: have a look at this
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=60869

Lara Croft!
01-05-06, 13:57
Anyone seen the episode in South Park about Spontaneous Combustion?????LOL!!!!!

CerebralAssassin
01-05-06, 13:59
Anyone seen the episode in South Park about Spontaneous Combustion?????LOL!!!!!
they have South park in Greece!:eek:

Lara Croft!
03-05-06, 14:30
they have South park in Greece!:eek:
They had aired it,3 years ago for 2 months in a lame channel,after 4 a.m....But i discovered it through the movie and became eternal dedicated.A lot of people here know SP,but most videoclubs don't have any episodes,so we have to buy them from the internet...or download them...:mad:

CerebralAssassin
03-05-06, 14:42
They had aired it,3 years ago for 2 months in a lame channel,after 4 a.m....But i discovered it through the movie and became eternal dedicated.A lot of people here know SP,but most videoclubs don't have any episodes,so we have to buy them from the internet...or download them...:mad:
if they broadcast RAW in Greece too,then I will be eternally grateful..:D

Lara Croft!
03-05-06, 15:20
if they broadcast RAW in Greece too,then I will be eternally grateful..:D
Ha!Ha!I don't watch it(too choreographed for me!!!:ton: ),but a few of my friends do(from a non-Greek channel,along with others shows like that...)What do you find in it honestly?:confused: ???

CerebralAssassin
03-05-06, 15:24
Ha!Ha!I don't watch it(too choreographed for me!!!:ton: ),but a few of my friends do(from a non-Greek channel,along with others shows like that...)What do you find in it honestly?:confused: ???
hehe..just like Greek soccer:vlol: :D sorry had to say that..:D

Lara Croft!
03-05-06, 15:37
hehe..just like Greek soccer:vlol: :D sorry had to say that..:D
No offence taken,I'm with you on that!
But....At least soccer can't turn THAT dramatical "And the player's ex-girlfriend enters the ring and kicks his ass,but then his old enemy decides to help him,but his manager had already made an agreement with....." AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![QUOTE] :D

CerebralAssassin
03-05-06, 15:42
What do you find in it honestly?:confused: ???
you don't like watching big muscular men wrestle?:D

Jacob x5
03-05-06, 16:14
"My dad always used to say, 'fight fire with fire'. And that's why he was thrown out the fire bridage." — Harry Hill. :D

Slightly irrelevant but I couldn't resist. :p

CerebralAssassin
03-05-06, 17:14
"My dad always used to say, 'fight fire with fire'. And that's why he was thrown out the fire bridage." Harry Hill. :D

Slightly irrelevant but I couldn't resist. :p
oh yes, a brilliant Metallica song, "fight fire with fire",ah those were the days..(God I love going off on tangents:p :D )
http://www.rockdiscography.com/coversiq/metallica/metallica_ridethelightning.jpg

Lara Croft!
03-05-06, 20:45
you don't like watching big muscular men wrestle?:D
Not THAT mascular!!!!!!!!!!

CerebralAssassin
03-05-06, 20:53
Not THAT mascular!!!!!!!!!!
very few wrestlers are overly muscular,if there is one,it's probably Batista,but still compared to most bodybuilders..Batista isn't that bad:
Batista:
http://x402.putfile.com/5/12109230683.jpg

Professional bodybuilder:

http://x402.putfile.com/5/12215540817.jpg

notice the difference? :p

Jacob x5
03-05-06, 20:59
Oh my god! That's disgusting!

Lavinder
03-05-06, 21:02
Oh my god! That's disgusting!

I agree. Blegh.

CerebralAssassin
03-05-06, 21:10
that's decent.This is disgusting:eek:
http://x402.putfile.com/5/12216104676.jpg

Lavinder
03-05-06, 21:16

I've seen worse woman, not being sexist or anything but woman look way better when they are all smooth and curvy... not sweaty and ripply and lumpy.

Lara Croft!
03-05-06, 23:28
I just want for a man to have a tight body!Not that grossness!!!!

CerebralAssassin
03-05-06, 23:35
gross?no,Batista is hot :cln: the other guy is gross:D

Lara Croft!
04-05-06, 13:31
Oh,now,i am half responsible for another WW-whatever thread! :hea:

meansizzler
04-05-06, 13:34
http://x402.putfile.com/5/12215540817.jpg

He Has Boobs