PDA

View Full Version : Parents had that 'talk' with me last night....

Soma Holiday
01-05-06, 00:06
You know the one....

"are you on drugs? You've been acting so different lately..."

lol...I guess everyone has to get it eventually...I think it's quite funny...especially considering I'm quite content at the moment hehe...

xMiSsCrOfTx
01-05-06, 00:09
I thought you meant that other talk... :p Yeah, I've had this one before. My dad is oh so observant (or so he thinks :rolleyes:). How were you acting differently? Overly happy or something?

Lost_Raider
01-05-06, 00:10
Mine was even more annoying...

My parent though I'm in gang just because my teacher made a single mistake in attandance...and I never had a record of skipping school before...

Like, how does that relate?

Edit: They had that talk in school...talk about embarassment...

tazmine
01-05-06, 00:11
The very fact that your parents are questioning you means that they love you & care about what happens to you. This is a good thing.

Spitfire
01-05-06, 00:17
Hehe, Ive had that before, mine was really random, it went from a Movie comming out for the weekend to "Are you smoking Pot cause u look high." And ofcourse i have to respond with "No, i was born with this face..." Which is true...sadly alot of teachers have asked if im High, i just laugh and well..the laughing doesnt help convince them that im not for obvious reasons.

Legend of Lara
01-05-06, 00:19
I have been asked this too many times... I've been asked this once. :D

Soma Holiday
01-05-06, 00:24
lol Spitfire! :D

by MissCroft,
I thought you meant that other talk... :p

by tazmine
The very fact that your parents are questioning you means that they love you & care about what happens to you. This is a good thing.

well when you put it that way...;)
hopefully they'll never have THAT talk with me lol...:p Yeah, I guess I have been overly happy...that's sad when people think it's wierd when you're happy lol...

SMSL
01-05-06, 00:58
My parents never gave me that talk. They were the type that thinks that if they don't talk about stuff, stuff doesn't exist. But when I started working, a lot of people thought I was permanently high. In the years between then and now, I don't know if I've learned to laugh less or if there's just less stuff for me to laugh about.

tombraider123
01-05-06, 01:10
I told my mum i had been smoking and we had the talk, but only a little one :)

Geck-o-Lizard
01-05-06, 01:24
Oh, the joys of The Talks. :D

Some people at my school last year thought I was a stoner because I look perpetually tired (too many nights up finishing homework at the last minute), I laugh a lot, and I sometimes smell of incense when I've been burning it in my room. Parents know better, thankfully.

New Year's Day, parents noticed an empty beer bottle lying in the hallway (I wasn't allowed alcohol in the house but did so anyway for NY's Eve, was careless with the evidence). After some discussion, my dad reconsidered his no-drinking rule and decided to allow me to drink occasionally in the house. A Talk with a happy ending. :D

I've also had the other talk from my dad before. He gave me a lecture about how homosexuality is un-natural. No idea where he got the idea I'm a lesbian, because I'm not interested in either sex. My mum picked up on that much better than my dad did and let me know she'd guessed it by handing me an interview with the founder of asexuality.org in the New Scientist one day.

Totally agreed. :)
It may seem like a pain in the backside and none of their business at the time, but it's their responsibility as parents to make sure you don't mess your life up through drink/drugs/sex/other. So next time they stop you to ask whether you've been doing anything you know you shouldn't have been, remember that they're doing it because they love you and don't want to see you causing damage to yourself.

Genocide
01-05-06, 03:16
god i hate 'the talk' lucky for me i got all three of the main ones done in one go
After one of my friday night party's when i was 14 (saturday morning) my mum and and dad were sat in the room, and i walked in and got, we need to have a quick word with you...
"are you drinking?"
Yes
"are you on drugs?"
sort of...im asthmatic so take your pick of what that means
"are you doing 'it'?"
:D
seriously...thats how it went-then i walked out to meet my mates

Spitfire
01-05-06, 03:27

Some people at my school last year thought I was a stoner because I look perpetually tired (too many nights up finishing homework at the last minute), I laugh a lot, and I sometimes smell of incense when I've been burning it in my room. Parents know better, thankfully.

New Year's Day, parents noticed an empty beer bottle lying in the hallway (I wasn't allowed alcohol in the house but did so anyway for NY's Eve, was careless with the evidence). After some discussion, my dad reconsidered his no-drinking rule and decided to allow me to drink occasionally in the house. A Talk with a happy ending. :D

I've also had the other talk from my dad before. He gave me a lecture about how homosexuality is un-natural. No idea where he got the idea I'm a lesbian, because I'm not interested in either sex. My mum picked up on that much better than my dad did and let me know she'd guessed it by handing me an interview with the founder of asexuality.org in the New Scientist one day.

It may seem like a pain in the backside and none of their business at the time, but it's their responsibility as parents to make sure you don't mess your life up through drink/drugs/sex/other. So next time they stop you to ask whether you've been doing anything you know you shouldn't have been, remember that they're doing it because they love you and don't want to see you causing damage to yourself.

lol ur talks always ended on a good note!
Mine...well im still questioned if im getting high....should i tell them yes even if im not...maybe they would leave me alone finally instead of repeatedly asking.

CerebralAssassin
01-05-06, 03:33
My father has always had this "you can do anything you want" attitude,fortunately for me this attitude has worked to some extent(I say to some extent because I still get lazy at times:p ) ,and when I picked up smoking,he was like "be careful,don't smoke too much"(well there wasn't much he could do anyway,I was already an adult when I picked it uo:p ,but he wasn't *****ing or anything),I guess this "reverse psychology",if you will,has worked for me..because I quit eventually:D

Geck-o-Lizard
01-05-06, 09:50
well im still questioned if im getting high....should i tell them yes even if im not...maybe they would leave me alone finally instead of repeatedly asking.

:hea:

Is there any way you can give them proof you aren't? Like give them permission to search your room or something. It's a bit distressing that they don't recognise their own child's personality. :(

jarhead
01-05-06, 09:52
i doubt my parents will every have this talk. they know that its my own business and will only try to help me if i say yes. they want whats right for you and iof your taking drugs, that not good.

Real Life Lara
01-05-06, 09:55
Hey, I got that the other night too! My dad just randomly dropped it on me when I was on msn 'Lara... are you and your friends into drugs by any chance?' I was just like... 'huh?' o_O lol Im not on drugs though... o_O Guess its a parents responsibility to question their teenager at some point... lol But then again, the way me and my friends act when we're out (We're always hyper) you cant really blame him. :p

Edit: Id rather the 'drug' talk than the 'other' talk anyway... the thought of my Dad dropping THAT into conversation just freaks me out... *cringe* Besides, Ive just turned 16 and he still hasnt mentioned anything, so I think its safe to say its being avoided :p Praise moses...

jarhead
01-05-06, 10:00
oh i cant wait for my parents to have that talk.

'have you?'
'yes'
'did you use?'
'im gonna be a dad'

oh and their faces will be a picture in their own right :D

Real Life Lara
01-05-06, 10:01
oh i cant wait for my parents to have that talk.

'have you?'
'yes'
'did you use?'
'im gonna be a dad'

oh and their faces will be a picture in their own right :D

:vlol:

jarhead
01-05-06, 10:04
or wait for it-

did you use?
yes
thank goodness
CBA to open it

and sticking to the actual topic- my parents know that if i done anything like drugs that they would immedialty help me rather then disown me.

Real Life Lara
01-05-06, 10:05
Your poor parents :p

Lew
01-05-06, 10:06
Ha lol i still have to get it but im always hyper at school and with friends so if they see me they might ask me. Some people do say i look stoned or drunk when im not so hmmmmm.

Nephili
01-05-06, 11:54
Ive had this quite a few times, my parents are just majorly paranoid.

YvesSL
01-05-06, 11:55
I've never had those talks. Thank God!

Lara Lover
01-05-06, 11:55
:eek:

God, I wish I never have that talk :tmb:

Jacob x5
01-05-06, 12:04
My mum and step-dad said that I'm acting differently lately, but since I can't think of anything different in my life at the moment I just told them I was being a grumpy teenager. :p

Jebus
01-05-06, 12:58
:hea: i think they do it only because they care... or to annoy you lol but either way there boring!!!:hea:

Real Life Lara
04-05-06, 19:26
Id rather the 'drug' talk than the 'other' talk anyway... the thought of my Dad dropping THAT into conversation just freaks me out... *cringe* Besides, Ive just turned 16 and he still hasnt mentioned anything, so I think its safe to say its being avoided :p Praise moses...

...I spoke too soon :vlol: Dad just gave me THAT talk after I asked him if I good go camping with my friends after the exams are done (about 12 of us, mixed, boys and girls)... well, actually, he typed out a letter to me instead :p I havent stopped laughing since... :vlol:

Lew
04-05-06, 19:28
...I spoke too soon :vlol: Dad just gave me THAT talk after I asked him if I good go camping with my friends after the exams are done (about 12 of us, mixed, boys and girls)... well, actually, he typed out a letter to me instead :p I havent stopped laughing since... :vlol:

Aw gutted my parents havnt yet! yay! but i keep thinking that they think of it.

gazhammer
04-05-06, 19:30

Its not funny young lady.... i had to have "THAT" talk with my daughter, only she has been warned that she is not allowed a boyfriend until i'm dead in the ground!. (so lately i've been keeping an eye out for falling safes etc):D .;)

Lew
04-05-06, 19:34
Whats wrong with having a lover?

Draco
04-05-06, 19:36
I only had talks after I already knew everything about it I could possibly know.

gazhammer
04-05-06, 19:37
Whats wrong with having a lover?

Errrrrrrrrrrr she's 15, and your 13 so behave yourself young man!!!.:tea:

gazhammer
04-05-06, 19:38
I only had talks after I already knew everything about it I could possibly know.

Isnt it weird when you have to start explaining sex to your parents?.:confused: ............... :D

Draco
04-05-06, 19:39
Isnt it weird when you have to start explaining sex to your parents?.:confused: ............... :D

Not really, I know a lot of things they don't. Not everything of course, but a lot.

Lew
04-05-06, 19:40
Lol hehe shes 15 and issnt allowed a boyfriend, isnt that a little over protective? If i was that age id be doing more that just kissing, ahem, but id also be out drinking, which my parents wont know :P

Draco
04-05-06, 19:41
Lol hehe shes 15 and issnt allowed a boyfriend, isnt that a little over protective? If i was that age id be doing more that just kissing, ahem, but id also be out drinking, which my parents wont know :P

Why?

Lew
04-05-06, 19:42
Why what?

gazhammer
04-05-06, 19:43

Maybe so... but while i can still get around in my wheelchair there will be none of that malarkey!.(unless of course my battery goes again, i'm not pushing the bugger with me hands!).:D

Lew
04-05-06, 19:47
Well she might be out somewhere now! You never know, i know no teenager who tells there mum and dad what theyre doing while they go out and stuff

Draco
04-05-06, 19:48
Why what?

Why would you want to grow up so fast and do things that could potentially dictate the rest of your life?

gazhammer
04-05-06, 19:49
Well she might be out somewhere now! You never know, i know no teenager who tells there mum and dad what theyre doing while they go out and stuff

She's here washing up right now, then she's got the polishing and hoovering to do!. (No wonder i named her Cinderella!).:D

Draco
04-05-06, 19:49

I know plenty. But admittedly, not enough.

Lew
04-05-06, 19:51
Lol! awwwwwww poor girl, tell her to have a rest, school is hard you know! We do need a break.

Well i dont wanna waste my life away im just making the most of my teen years

Draco
04-05-06, 19:54
Lol! awwwwwww poor girl, tell her to have a rest, school is hard you know! We do need a break.

Well i dont wanna waste my life away im just making the most of my teen years

Well I can tell you from experience, your adult years will thank you for not doing that. You might get lucky and have nothing happen, or you might come out of it with some unplanned responsibility, which doesn't necessarily mean kids.

Lew
04-05-06, 19:56
Well i'll be safe :D and i probs want kids when im 30 or something. Why what are the other responsibities?

Draco
04-05-06, 19:57
You can't be sure of your actions when your inhibitions are altered. And in my experience, very few people would do anything to make sure you don't do anything stupid...but it helps you find your true friends.

Gothlegend
04-05-06, 19:59
I thought you meant that other talk... :p Yeah, I've had this one before. My dad is oh so observant (or so he thinks :rolleyes:). How were you acting differently? Overly happy or something?

about that other talk... lol i was thinking that to:jmp:

Greenkey2
04-05-06, 20:34

Some very wise words here :tmb: It's a parent's perogative to have talks (and to show embarassing pictures of you in nappies to total strangers at supermarkets) so expect them, and take their true meaning to heart. :hug: