PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill movie.

Lavinder
01-05-06, 10:49
Could somone explain the ending to me please ?

I am usually good at these things but i'm a little bit hazy on this one.

Oh, and is silent hill games anything to do with the movie?

Lara's Boy
01-05-06, 10:52
For the first part....I personally believe that when the "evil" Sharon entered Rose, that in essence ended her life on the normal plane. Just like in the school scene where she runs past her husband, and he can smell her but not see her.....once she enters the realm of the "dark" Silent Hill, and had the demon child, she can't leave the realm of existence.:)

illuminati30
01-05-06, 10:56
Could somone explain the ending to me please ?

I am usually good at these things but i'm a little bit hazy on this one.

Oh, and is silent hill games anything to do with the movie?

Its quite confusing Lavinder. I could try and explain, but me and my friend had different ideas about what was going on! So i am still confused.

I have not played the silent hill games, although i have always intended to, i might now! The film was great!

Spitfire
01-05-06, 10:58
the ending was made to leave it up to ur interpritation, maybe she died when she first crashed, maybe she died when she got stabbed, maybe she is stuck in a silent hill like dimension, its all left up to u.

Lavinder
01-05-06, 11:00
Yeah, I really enjoyed the film. Nothing scared me out of my witts but all the way through I was gripped.

The monsters did not scare me apart from that one with the massive sword and funny thing on it head. That one really freaked me out with the scraping noise.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/40/Sh2_judgement.jpg

Now this guy is just kinky *stick out tounge*

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/64/Silent_Hill_poster.jpg/414px-Silent_Hill_poster.jpg

Bah, I like films with endings.. don't like making them up myself :D:D

illuminati30
01-05-06, 11:03

Dont forget part 2 Lavinder ;) Probably anyway!

Lavinder
01-05-06, 11:05
Dont forget part 2 Lavinder ;) Probably anyway!

Yeah, I was thinking that too. If they do make part two, they better make it a good one because i'm sick of part two's being really lame.

Nephili
01-05-06, 11:50
I still havnt seen this film yet :( Is it any good?

Belfastard
01-05-06, 11:53
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/64/Silent_Hill_poster.jpg/414px-Silent_Hill_poster.jpg

That guy made my friend squeal.

Rivendell
01-05-06, 11:54
I think the janitor freaked me out more than Pyramid Head! Although, in the games Pyramid Head is not someone you'd want to be close to...

And Yep, there's quite a lot of references to the games- mainly SH 1 and 2. I think the storyline is very much like SH1. Music is the same, though more terrifying ingame, and the dark atmosphere is a hell of a lot scarier ingame too. I still think it's the best game-film conversion I've seen to date!

:D

Lavinder
01-05-06, 11:58
That guy made my friend squeal.

I was quite descusted by it and was in the front row so I was really close to it and I leaned back in my chair a little but then it started flicking its tounge and it reminded me of the scary movie film with the excorsist spoof thing and I actually laughed out loud.

But then I remembered her locking the door and I was thinking **** **** **** open the door, and thinking it was going to be one of those drop the keys 50 million times sequences each time the foul beast coming closer :p

Lavinder
01-05-06, 11:59
I think the janitor freaked me out more than Pyramid Head! Although, in the games Pyramid Head is not someone you'd want to be close to...

And Yep, there's quite a lot of references to the games- mainly SH 1 and 2. I think the storyline is very much like SH1. Music is the same, though more terrifying ingame, and the dark atmosphere is a hell of a lot scarier ingame too. I still think it's the best game-film conversion I've seen to date!

I feel like checking out these games, but I am aprehensive because i'm not a scary game player :p

illuminati30
01-05-06, 12:01
I still think it's the best game-film conversion I've seen to date!

I agree ! :D

illuminati30
01-05-06, 15:27
For the first part....I personally believe that when the "evil" Sharon entered Rose that in essence ended her life on the normal plane.

You see my friend actually thought evil sharon was sharons mother who was killed after giving birth to sharon. Yeah i think this is were her normal life ended.

Just like in the school scene where she runs past her husband, and he can smell her but not see her.....once she enters the realm of the "dark" Silent Hill, and had the demon child, she can't leave the realm of existence.:)

Were they actually in the same bit of the school? I thought she was running past the inside while he was on the outside.

ForeverMyPain
02-05-06, 09:08
Yeah, I really enjoyed the film. Nothing scared me out of my witts but all the way through I was gripped.

The monsters did not scare me apart from that one with the massive sword and funny thing on it head. That one really freaked me out with the scraping noise.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/40/Sh2_judgement.jpg

Now this guy is just kinky *stick out tounge*

My little baby...:jmp:

I haven't seen the film yet... ARGH!
I want it soo bad...

James Burgon
02-05-06, 09:32

Most of the music was from SH2 and SH3.

And yeah there's loads of little hints to the games that they included. And the games are just as open ended/filled with theories as the film was. They're great games, especially SH2.

Lara's Boy
02-05-06, 10:59
Were they actually in the same bit of the school? I thought she was running past the inside while he was on the outside.

I believe so....The cop and husband had just entered the school, and she ran past them to stop at the lockers. The husband started going that direction after he smelled her, but was stopped by the cop. I think :wve: :)

Belfastard
02-05-06, 11:38
I was really close to it and I leaned back in my chair a little but then it started flicking its tounge and it reminded me of the scary movie film with the excorsist spoof thing and I actually laughed out loud.

That exact same thing happened to me!

Belfastard
02-05-06, 11:44
The way I interpreted it was that they died when the car crashed (as did the cop) and because they died in Silent Hill, their spirits where trapped there by evil Sharon until she got her revenge on all people.

Spitfire
02-05-06, 12:34
i loved this movie to death!

Genocide
02-05-06, 12:41
this movie is probably THE best video game conversion yet.
as for the ending...the way i saw it was that it was that the power of Alessa was able to pull Rose, Cybill, and Sharon into the 'Dead' Silent Hill, and since Alessa's got her revenge, it put her spirit to rest, therefore sealing her power and making it so Rose and Sharon could'nt return to their world

Jake Croft
02-05-06, 14:52
>.> Went watching silent hill it sucked
You didnt get to see lots of those nurses so it sucked
And the ending was crap
She died and didnt even know it
And she never turned evil she was just dead and she called her husband
And he couldnt even hear her speaking it was all like weird and then it went off xD

Rivendell
02-05-06, 19:23
>.> Went watching silent hill it sucked
You didnt get to see lots of those nurses so it sucked
And the ending was crap
She died and didnt even know it
And she never turned evil she was just dead and she called her husband
And he couldnt even hear her speaking it was all like weird and then it went off xD

Aparently you're on your own there :ton:
Admit it, this film IS cool ;)

Apofiss
02-05-06, 19:29
Overall movie was excellent! AND it looks there should be a sequal considering the endings!