PDA

View Full Version : Angelina jolie : good or bad idea

raiderfun
02-05-06, 10:29
Including angelina in tomb raider 3 movie , do you think is a good or a bad idea ?
For me , i say no , i prefer karima for movies

Pipolinne
02-05-06, 10:32
Well...Angelina is a very good actress, who, surely due to coincidence,performed Lara in the previous films.

Karima is a model.

So,my humble answer is, of course, Angelina.

raiderfun
02-05-06, 10:34
Well...Angelina is a very good actress, who, surely due to coincidence,performed Lara in the previous films.

Karima is a model.

So,my humble answer is, of course, Angelina.
But angelina has not some caracteristics like karima ,and vice versa , but karima looks more beautiful than jolie

Betal
02-05-06, 10:38
It's a very good idea. I loved the first movie with angelina. And Karima is just a model. I don't think she can actress.

raiderfun
02-05-06, 10:39
maybe

Betal
02-05-06, 10:40
Yes maybe:) But it isn't fun if they just switch Lara in all movies:o

Pipolinne
02-05-06, 10:41
Well, it's your view and I won't argue,though it's for a mistery how come a model may be compared to an actress. Angelina understood Lara's personality and , in my opinion, that is far more complex than an appealing pair of breasts.Besides, Angelina is sensual, has a strong presence,etc.

raiderfun
02-05-06, 10:41
it was good alexander with angelina , do you remember ?

raiderfun
02-05-06, 10:45
Well, it's your view and I won't argue,though it's for a mistery how come a model may be compared to an actress. Angelina understood Lara's personality and , in my opinion, that is far more complex than an appealing pair of breasts.Besides, Angelina is sensual, has a strong presence,etc.
yes jolie is very sensual , i don't want to see this movies withj my parents :hea: :hea: :hea: :hea:

Pipolinne
02-05-06, 10:46
It was a bad film( Alexander),but I'm sure,with Karima, it would have won the first prize in Cannes :rolleyes:!

Anyway, we're not speaking about two actresses,we're speaking about one actress and one model,and though it's becoming common models being promoted to actors "just because", I'm still from the old school,so, for me , there's no dilemma. Give me the name of another actress,and,then,perhaps, I might have a dilemma.

Lara's Boy
02-05-06, 10:53
Hm....that isn't too tough of an answer, I love Karima, but as the model. Angelina was able to connect to Lara's personality, basically becoming Lara for the movies.....for me it will always be Angelina. The only actress I could possibly think of that could compete would be Kate Beckinsale. :wve:

EscondeR
02-05-06, 11:00
If the 3-rd film goes to be as intellectual as the 2-nd, I prefer nobody as Lara in it not to make TR fans seek.

MizzCroft007
02-05-06, 11:30
It HAS to be Angelina, man. It wouldn't feel the same if they had a different actress play the role of Lara. I think it's a great idea.

EscondeR
02-05-06, 12:01
It HAS to be Angelina, man. It wouldn't feel the same if they had a different actress play the role of Lara. I think it's a great idea.

Maybe, It'll be better to change the story writer... :vlol:

angelika
02-05-06, 12:43
As Pip said Karima is a model and I'd hate to see the Tr movie fail because the actress could act. I like Angelina as Lara but I'm open to other actresses

Maybe, It'll be better to change the story writer... :vlol:

that one too!!!!

LegenDarY
02-05-06, 13:17
definetely Angelina.. she plays Lara very well

Spitfire
02-05-06, 13:30
Angelina: Exprienced, actual actress, did two movies.

Karima: Looks like lara, model, learning actual stunt work

Both have their advantages and if Karima wanted to she could possibly "BECOME" the next lara, but dont expect her to be perfect in the 3rd movie with it being her first time as a main character.

I love my Angelina but i do want to give Karima a chance.

LegenDarY
02-05-06, 13:34
Angelina: Exprienced, actual actress, did two movies.

Karima: Looks like lara, model, learning actual stunt work

Both have their advantages and if Karima wanted to she could possibly "BECOME" the next lara, but dont expect her to be perfect in the 3rd movie with it being her first time as a main character.

I love my Angelina but i do want to give Karima a chance.
yes i agree.. i would like to see Karima, but i just know Angelina will do it better.. and Angelina has learned all the actual stunt work to, she has trained her ass of and does almost all the stunts by herself.. not with a stunt double.. and that's very impressive

CerebralAssassin
02-05-06, 13:45
Angie impersonates Lara's charachter/personality,so I would have to go with Angie all the way!:p

Jacob x5
02-05-06, 15:21
Although I myself am not that fond of Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft, there are a lot of fans out there who are used to her and would be disappointed to see the actress change, and would probably be less interested in seeing the film. I think it was a good decision.

Kamrusepas
02-05-06, 15:22
If there is gonna be a third movie, I hope it's with Angie.

Laras Backpack
02-05-06, 15:31
I love Angie as Lara but I would be open to another actress if she were right for the role.
Karima is a model and I don't think there is much evidence that she can act. I'm not saying she can't act, just that looking like Lara and being pretty isn't all you need to star in the movie. If it was then a large number of the girls in this forum should audition too. :D
Also: Kam- on the TR movies section of this forum there are articles that state that there will be a 3rd movie and that AJ has signed onto it. :)

stereopathic
02-05-06, 15:46
right now angelina's attatched to the third one if it even gets made. no way they take that movie and throw in an unknown actress that no one outside this forum has ever heard of. angelina is the reason the mainstream public goes to see the TR movies and if they can't get her or another a-list, it won't get made (and probably won't anyway).

lee32uk
02-05-06, 16:23
But angelina has not some caracteristics like karima ,and vice versa , but karima looks more beautiful than jolie

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo way.Karima is very pretty...but Angelina is much much hotter :ton:

gazhammer
02-05-06, 16:27
As Angelina's boyfriend, i suggest you only say nice thing about her:mad:

No i'm not Brad :cen: Pitt, its me she loves and she always will!!!.:D

Rivendell
02-05-06, 18:04
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo way.Karima is very pretty...but Angelina is much much hotter :ton:

Yeah! For me, Angelina is much better suited to the roll. She's got a strong beauty about her, and she's also got the moves.

To me, Karima doesn't even look like Lara :confused: (She just looks like she doesn't know what she's doing with a pair of pistols!)
Plus I can imagine her not wanting to do a Lara-esqe jump and grab for fear of breaking a nail or something..

T-Raider
02-05-06, 18:15
Definatley Angelina !! :)

Janny
02-05-06, 18:16
Angelina, I can't imagine Karima playing Lara, I doubt she could act...

average stalker
02-05-06, 18:19
Angelina, although i don't really like the movies.

jarhead
02-05-06, 18:29
Angie all the way. models cant act and if they do- its generaly not very good and only minor roles. Angie IS tomb raider in the movies and it will loose all its charm etc if shes gone

BlackGrey
02-05-06, 18:37
Kamira is a tubby model, i would never, ever, want her to be called Lara Croft but she apperantly is, so there goes all my hopes and dreams out of the window...

Laras Backpack
02-05-06, 19:11
As Angelina's boyfriend, i suggest you only say nice thing about her:mad:

No i'm not Brad :cen: Pitt, its me she loves and she always will!!!.:D
LOL :D

Maureen Errant
02-05-06, 19:14
I would prefer if she played in subsequent movies..........for me, continuity is important.
They changed Dumbledores in The Prizoner of Azkaban.....and it just doesn't feel the same................
Just like they are constantly changing who plays James Bond..............WHY?

Laras Backpack
02-05-06, 19:15
Just like they are constantly changing who plays James Bond..............WHY?
Because Sean Connery is really too old now. :D

tha_mattster
02-05-06, 19:17
Because Sean Connery is really too old now. :D

He would play bond if he was offered though! Did you see him in Entrapment with catherina zeta jones? That was like pensioner bond.

About tomb raider 3. Angelina is the most publicised actor right now so why would the film studio cast an unknown inexperienced model from london over her? I think it might happen but these things are difficult to predict. I thought the first film was not great but it was enjoyable and better than most rubbish that gets released at cinemas. The sequal was poor though, maybe it will go the way of the matrix?

RoseTyler
02-05-06, 19:22
Karima is not an actress.

Angelina is a bloody amazing actress.

'nuff said. :p

Angel666
02-05-06, 19:53
Angelina is awesome. That's my two cents. :jmp:

raiderfun
02-05-06, 21:01
Lets pretend that karima is an actress , do you think she wil be sensual ?

xMiSsCrOfTx
02-05-06, 21:05
How can you say you'd "prefer Karima in movies" if you haven't seen her acting ability yet at all?

I think Angelina is an amazing actress, and she definitely hit her role on target for Tomb Raider. She'll always be the movie Lara.

Lara Lover
02-05-06, 21:21
It's a good idea :tmb: I mean, She did TR and TRII movies. It'll seem very different if she wasn't in it.

:tmb:

GodOfLight
02-05-06, 22:32
i cant believe some people are saying karima should do it... i mean: SHE IS NOT AN ACTRESS!!! some people can act, otheres cant. angelina can act, and looks like lara. karima looks like lara too in a different way but you cannot just cast a lara croft in a movie based on looks.

lara herself in the games is such a strong character and personality that she needs to have an amazing actress portray her in a movie.

and angeline just happens to look perfect and act perfect for the part. why would they ever give up on her?

the only day angelina stops being lara is if they decide to make tomb raider movies again 50 years from now.

GodOfLight
02-05-06, 22:35
btw, shouldnt this be in the movie section?

SpongeBob Lover
02-05-06, 22:44
angelina is perfect for the job!!

RedTyga
02-05-06, 23:11
I think a movie any time soon is a bad idea in general. It's way too taboo after the last one, I mean, I think most people would cringe if they saw the trailer for Tomb Raider 3 during their little movie date or whatever. I think they should wait a couple of years, maybe till TR picks up again (if it does) and then maybe you can start thinking about a movie. Since that's gonna be down the line though, Angie might be a little too old for the part, so I would go with someone younger, but definitely someone who can act and is not just a model.

LegenDarY
02-05-06, 23:14
i cant believe some people are saying karima should do it... i mean: SHE IS NOT AN ACTRESS!!! some people can act, otheres cant. angelina can act, and looks like lara. karima looks like lara too in a different way but you cannot just cast a lara croft in a movie based on looks.

lara herself in the games is such a strong character and personality that she needs to have an amazing actress portray her in a movie.

and angeline just happens to look perfect and act perfect for the part. why would they ever give up on her?

the only day angelina stops being lara is if they decide to make tomb raider movies again 50 years from now.
well said, totally agree with that..

Shark_Blade
03-05-06, 06:56
Of course Angelina is a good idea.
If they wanted to make this movie a sell-out, they should use well-known actres.
If they wanted to try out Karima, they should experiment it in other movie first to see if she can act.Give the girl a chance.

gazhammer
03-05-06, 07:46
I think a movie any time soon is a bad idea in general. It's way too taboo after the last one, I mean, I think most people would cringe if they saw the trailer for Tomb Raider 3 during their little movie date or whatever. I think they should wait a couple of years, maybe till TR picks up again (if it does) and then maybe you can start thinking about a movie. Since that's gonna be down the line though, Angie might be a little too old for the part, so I would go with someone younger, but definitely someone who can act and is not just a model.

Sorry for upsetting you earlier by calling you a "yank":( (you ****ing American ****!)... :vlol: just kidding:ton:

Anyway, any time is a good time for another Tomb Raider Movie, as long as its a good story-line and well directed, AND... of course it has to be Angelina(she is Lara Croft in the Movie World!.), but i suppose if she pegs it before a new movie is made, then it'll have to be Keira Knightley(with a boob job).:D

raiderfun
03-05-06, 12:53
I CAN ACT ! i know you cqn't believe but i can , i have tis talent believe , i have i tast of laugh :D

my second question :
-which film did you love the most tr1 ou tr2 ?

RedTyga
03-05-06, 14:28
Sorry for upsetting you earlier by calling you a "yank":( (you ****ing American ****!)... :vlol: just kidding:ton:

Anyway, any time is a good time for another Tomb Raider Movie, as long as its a good story-line and well directed, AND... of course it has to be Angelina(she is Lara Croft in the Movie World!.), but i suppose if she pegs it before a new movie is made, then it'll have to be Keira Knightley(with a boob job).:D

Lol, I was just slightly annoyed when I saw that, but I understand, no harm done.

I gotta disagree though, doesn't matter if it's a good story line or not, most people would be like, "oh god, why do you do this to yourselves?" if they saw the trailer. Plus movies in America are really going down, people aren't interested in them. I mean the #1 movie in America in terms of box office sales only pulled in like $16 mil.

scion05
03-05-06, 15:20
no No NO!
lmao get rid of angie...
i did like her but i think a new lara
is in order.. and ENGLISH one at that :p

maybe someone like Keira Knightley :p ( i think shes english )

taika
03-05-06, 17:37
Karima probably can act, just cause she's a model doesn't mean she definately can't. She was in a film, although I don't know how big her role was, as I haven't seen it - Alien Vs Preditor [soz for spelling] btw the voice Karima puts on when she plays lara is very different to her normal accent, so she has some vocal abilities at least, hehe... anyway most of the tr films are just action and stunts, and she's doing all that training so maybe she could do it. I'm not saying she would necessarily be better than Angelina, but you can't judge without knowing :P

Shark_Blade
03-05-06, 18:32
Karima probably can act, just cause she's a model doesn't mean she definately can't. She was in a film, although I don't know how big her role was, as I haven't seen it - Alien Vs Preditor [soz for spelling] btw the voice Karima puts on when she plays lara is very different to her normal accent, so she has some vocal abilities at least, hehe... anyway most of the tr films are just action and stunts, and she's doing all that training so maybe she could do it. I'm not saying she would necessarily be better than Angelina, but you can't judge without knowing :P
You got a point there taika. I mean, other TR models just pout and pose for the camera but Karima did extensive trainings to be Lara.:)

evanescence69
04-05-06, 08:04
If I could choose I would choose Karima

raiderfun
04-05-06, 22:43
i want to mean , that angelina has a very big veriety of rols, but karima no , she's especially concerned by LARA , and she want to do antthing that lara do, but jolie no , she is concerned by a lot of movies , so she can't give all she has to lara
did you understood ?

raiderfun
05-05-06, 14:26
Did you heard about karima on E3 on may ? is in main page of TRC.COM

raiderfun
05-05-06, 22:20
On which day Karima will pass in the E3 ?

rayne
06-05-06, 02:56
Including angelina in tomb raider 3 movie , do you think is a good or a bad idea ?
For me , i say no , i prefer karima for movies

as much as I love angelina, it kinda annoyed me that they picked her as lara..I would much prefer karima too....that is, if she can act:D

but I saw no tomb raider three....two is enough..and its unneccessary to make a third

BoyTRaider
06-05-06, 03:16
Karima looks great, but I'm not sure if she would have the right acting skills for it. :)

egyptiangal
06-05-06, 03:38
it should be angelina...it would be very bad if they switched actresses... then it would plummet the ratings even lower than what the TR movies are at now. now dont get me wrong, i loved the TR movies but i heard it got bad ratings :(