PDA

View Full Version : What FREAKS you out, but isnt actually scary?

Lara Croft Fan Joe
02-05-06, 16:20
For me personally, i'm afraid of mirrors (and NO not because i dont like my reflection lol, i mean, i do but... ok ill stop now) Im just afraid i mite look up into a mirror and see something...disturbing

Belfastard
02-05-06, 16:23
Slugs = VILE.

gazhammer
02-05-06, 16:25
Anything with wings:yik:(except for paul Mcartney).:D

Real Life Lara
02-05-06, 16:29
Doors, wardrobe doors etc being left open. o_O I *have* to have all doors closed.

Zip
02-05-06, 16:31
big big bugs like the ones that can kill u,give me snakes and scorpions but not big bugs or cockroaches there stupid and discusting

Geck-o-Lizard
Bugs with weak, dangly legs way too long in proportion to their bodies, eg. daddy longlegs, craneflies, etc. as well as all bugs that can fly. I like spiders though.

Also, being able to hear the hum off the mains in my room when I'm trying to sleep. I always have some music on quietly to mask the mains hum from the chargers etc. plugged in around the room.

Greenkey2
The thought that I might have forgotten to take my anti-insanity pills :pi: No wait, that IS scary.....RUN! :yik:

I can't sleep with the TV etc on standby - the LEDs annoy/freak me out. Also dangly bugs as stated in Geck-o-lizard's post above :D

Lew
02-05-06, 16:32
Doors, wardrobe doors etc being left open. o_O I *have* to have all doors closed.

same i really dont like it in the bathroom at night, when i look in the mirror and bend down to get something and stand up and this scary girl behind me! or my worst bit all of a sudden, where this man i under my bed at the bottom and grabs my feet looking like he wants to kill someone.

Belfastard
02-05-06, 16:33

I'm the same. If my bedroom door is open I just won't settle until it's shut. Same with my wardrobe doors.

Lew
02-05-06, 16:34
As with my mains and i cant stand it with TVs on or owt i dont mind my computer on though, just stuff on standby also i hate bugs like them ones of King Kong (2005) the catepilla things ven though there not realy the attennas i hate too.

saray
02-05-06, 16:48
I HATE CENTIPEDES, im not scared of them though. I AM ALSO FREAKED ABOUT BY REALLY REALLY HAIRY PEOPLE. and when people sneak up on you in the dark, or makes ghost noises :(

jarhead
02-05-06, 16:49
afraid of looking out of my bedroom window at night ( incase i see someone like the H2O series)

ingistefans
02-05-06, 16:54
Ghostly sounds, GOOD I hate that, I rent a room in a really old house and the lady who rents it out to me told me from that start that there was a ghost here but I shoulnt be afraid cause it is a good ghost and I was like: "Yeah right"

But I keep hearing different sounds and work at night so when I go to work in the night I sometimes see something like a energy field or a fog or some ****

And now Im actually starting to beleave there is a ghost here:S

saray
02-05-06, 16:57
Ghostly sounds, GOOD I hate that, I rent a room in a really old house and the lady who rents it out to me told me from that start that there was a ghost here but I shoulnt be afraid cause it is a good ghost and I was like: "Yeah right"

But I keep hearing different sounds and work at night so when I go to work in the night I sometimes see something like a energy field or a fog or some ****

And now Im actually starting to beleave there is a ghost here:S
if i was you, i wudda ran the :cen: ouuta there by now. :o :o

Kamrusepas
02-05-06, 16:59
Anything with wings:yik:(except for paul Mcartney).:D

:vlol: :vlol:

gazhammer
02-05-06, 17:10
:vlol: :vlol:

I'm glad somebody got it:tmb:...:yah:

Jacob x5
02-05-06, 17:18
I also don't like mirrors. If I don't know they are there, there scare me when I suddenly see something moving. And I hate them in the dark or in my bedroom. Even computer monitors or TV screens make me very uncomfortable. I'm sometimes afraid to sit up in my bed. :p

tombraiderluka
02-05-06, 17:29
Spiders

Geck-o-Lizard
02-05-06, 17:30
One night I'd been up for hours scaring myself stupid by reading ghost stories and urban legends about the supernatural. Went to bed and as I was off to sleep, my periodic table poster fell off the wall and onto me in the dark. I was so freaked out I just hid under the covers and stayed there. Talk about jumpy. :p

saray
02-05-06, 17:32
One night I'd been up for hours scaring myself stupid by reading ghost stories and urban legends about the supernatural. Went to bed and as I was off to sleep, my periodic table poster fell off the wall and onto me in the dark. I was so freaked out I just hid under the covers and stayed there. Talk about jumpy. :p
LMAO that happened to me the other night! but it slowly peeled off and knocked everything of the shelf and i was under my sheets hopeing that whatever it was just wanted my money lol.. i felt so stupid when i found out waht it was :o

Lonely Istari
02-05-06, 17:38
Willy Wonka :eek:

stereopathic
02-05-06, 17:39
clowns. and silence.

Jacob x5
...my periodic table poster...

:D :D :D :D :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:p

RoseTyler
Dark shapes. And gorilla's :eek: ...The gorilla's from TR1 scare the crap outta me! Not just because they jump out at you and chase you but its their dark shape that scares me too.

stereopathic
02-05-06, 17:42
Dark shapes.like the ones i see out of the corner of my eyes sometimes. man that gives the the creeps!

NightWish
02-05-06, 17:46
Three very weird things freak me out :D
1. Michael Jackson (not very strange)
2. A friend of mine has a very strange smile she reminds me of a sceleton (I told her that once and she brust out laughing)
3. And the thing that freaks me out the most is the movie "Charlie and the chocolade factory" - I know that this is very stupid but Johnny depp looks like sum WACKO! and he's so cool in Pirates of the carribian...

Elysia
02-05-06, 17:54
clowns.
Oh yes... them and china dolls. My mother in law used to have shelves and shelves of the bloody things in her living room - I used to hate sitting in there on my own, with literally hundreds of glass eyes staring at me...

I also don't like Brillo Pads. They just feel wrong... People who chew wool also freak me out (that nasty, squeaky feeling against your teeth... *shudders* Noo!).

I'm a bit of a scardy girl when it comes to spiders (too many legs!), but I also can't copw with webs - the way they feel when you break them, especially if you accidently walk through them .

*shudders* Yargh! I'm kind of freaked out now... must find chocolate to steady my nerves...

Janny
02-05-06, 17:57
Myself.... :pi:

MiCkiZ88
02-05-06, 17:58
For me personally, i'm afraid of mirrors (and NO not because i dont like my reflection lol, i mean, i do but... ok ill stop now) Im just afraid i mite look up into a mirror and see something...disturbing
some times me too.. especially when I'm all alone... :yik:

Angel_14
02-05-06, 17:59
My brother... he always freaks me out :(

jarhead
02-05-06, 18:00
china dolls and their eyes :yik:

Elysia
02-05-06, 18:01
china dolls and their eyes :yik:
They are just waiting for that opportune moment to come to life and gouge yours out, you know... *shudders*

Lonely Istari
02-05-06, 18:12
3. And the thing that freaks me out the most is the movie "Charlie and the chocolade factory" - I know that this is very stupid but Johnny depp looks like sum WACKO! and he's so cool in Pirates of the carribian...

It's not Johnny Depp... It's that freak of nature character Willy Wonka! *shivers* I mentioned this just a few posts above you!! I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one who is afraid of him. :hug: YUCK! he is just so creepy looking! The guy in the old version always freaked me out, and then Johnny... my beautiful Johnny had to take up the nasty character! and he looks just as freaky, if not freakier!

The old version was on AMC the other day and I told my sister to turn it b/c that movie is just sooo wierd... I seriously don't like it. I've only seen it once and that is because my college friends made me watch it after telling them I'd never seen it b/c the guy is too creepy! lol

MiCkiZ88
02-05-06, 18:49
some movement at the corner of your eye... when you turn you're head.. it's gone..

also when you are alone at a dark forest.. silent dark forest..

Maureen Errant
02-05-06, 18:58
Baloons...............any colour, any size, any shape. In a bunch, or hanging from a ceiling..............I don't care they seriously freak me out.

but if they had wings.................I would probably like them..........:jmp:

TombRaiderLover
02-05-06, 19:00

I have the same problem . . . actually, I might not . . . it depends what you mean. At night, when I'm brushing my teeth, I worry that I'll look into the mirror and see someone behind me!

Lara Lover
02-05-06, 19:02
Spiders :whi:

Especially small ones! :vlol: Not funny :whi:

I mean, I cry and I go into this fit and I gotta get everything cleaned in my room like my bed covers. Everything! :(

Thorir
02-05-06, 19:03
Boredom freaks me out...

Lara Lover
02-05-06, 19:04
Boredom freaks me out...

:vlol:

Sorry, I think Boredom freaks out everyone ;) Especially me.

:tea:

Lavinder
02-05-06, 19:08
http://kaweahoaks.com/html/cranefly_adult_onwall.jpg

Sorry about the big gap I could not type with it showing lol.

I freak out whenever I see these guys. Like literally turn in to a mental case. Tears. Screams. You name it.

Laras Backpack
02-05-06, 19:13
People cracking their fingers. Litter. People spitting in the street. Michael Jackson.

RoseTyler
02-05-06, 19:14
Aww but its cute Lavinder! :p

I freak out at those really old antique dolls with their teeth showing. They don't scare me though, I LOVE them! They give me the creeps but in a good way. :D

Maureen Errant
02-05-06, 19:19
Aww but its cute Lavinder! :p

I freak out at those really old antique dolls with their teeth showing. They don't scare me though, I LOVE them! They give me the creeps but in a good way. :D

Did you ever read or watch Stephen King's "Tommy Knockers"?
If you did you'll understand about the dolls.................*shivers*

BoyTRaider
02-05-06, 19:19
Frogs :D Lmao

RoseTyler
02-05-06, 19:20

I'm not sure. I know I always wanted to watch that film because the title freaked me out but wether I got around to watching it, I can't remember.

You seen Puppet master? :p

Eleanna123
02-05-06, 19:20
When people file their nails and I can hear the sound or if I have a catchy bit on one of my nails and it gets caught on a fabric or something, I freak out, I hate it!

Oh and I don't like mirrors at night either :cln:

And spiders with their creepy crawly legs... :( (remembers those from TR 2 Temple Of Xian :eek: )

Rivendell
02-05-06, 19:30
Ok, I'm not sure if this fits into the category of 'freaks me out but ISN'T scary', because I can't see how anyone doesn't think these are scary:

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5217/fweb7ia.jpg

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/700/goliath5copy0is.jpg

Look at them.. Look at them and Tell me truthfully that they are not the embodiment of Evil!

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/10/wolfspi9kw.jpg

:eek:

MiCkiZ88
02-05-06, 19:31
Ok, I'm not sure if this fits into the category of 'freaks me out but ISN'T scary', because I can't see how anyone doesn't think these are scary:

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5217/fweb7ia.jpg

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/700/goliath5copy0is.jpg

Look at them.. Look at them and Tell me truthfully that they are not the embodiment of Evil!

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/10/wolfspi9kw.jpg

:eek: :yik: :yik: :yik: :eek:

TombRaiderLover
02-05-06, 19:34

I've seen the film and read some of the book.

Eleanna123
02-05-06, 19:54

Why did you do this to me? :(
I am scared for life!

Rivendell
02-05-06, 19:58
Why did you do this to me? :(
I am scared for life!

Sorry! I posted it and then saw your post before it about eight-legged things...

Sorry again..

:(

SlinkyRaider
02-05-06, 20:04
Well, I'm not so sure, but for the people in Tornado Alley, it might not be such a scare, but TORNADOES FREAK ME OUT! That is my number one fear ever since I was a little girl. I hate them!

Shark_Blade
02-05-06, 20:08
Cool spider pics Rivendell.
SlinkyRaider, I guess tornadoes are scary, even more when you witness it with your own eyes.

Eleanna123
02-05-06, 20:11
Sorry! I posted it and then saw your post before it about eight-legged things...

Sorry again..

:(

It's ok, I'm only half joking :hug:

SlinkyRaider
02-05-06, 20:13
SlinkyRaider, I guess tornadoes are scary, even more when you witness it with your own eyes.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about that one. All I know, is that if I was ever in one, I'd be running scared. :p

Lara Lover
02-05-06, 20:14
OMFG! Them pictures of so scary. I mean, I'm nearly going to be sick!

****! Grrrrrrrr!

Angel666
02-05-06, 20:14
I love being freaked out. If I leave my bathroom door open (it connects to my room) you can see my bed in the mirror and I have a thirteen ghosts poster above my bed (like this) http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/psycochick65/thirteen20ghosts.jpg And we had a thunder and lightning storm which woke me up and I could see the face in the mirror and it looked like it was staring at me.

Lara Lover
02-05-06, 20:15
:vlol:

Shark_Blade
02-05-06, 20:27
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/psycochick65/thirteen20ghosts.jpg
If I have a poster like that in my bedroom, I'll just woke up in the morning, look at it,scream and pass out for the rest of the day.

UNDERTAKER
02-05-06, 20:29
I hate the sound of other people brushing their teeth. It just makes my skin crawl!

YvesSL
02-05-06, 20:35
The devil dog in Tom & Jerry

xMiSsCrOfTx
02-05-06, 20:48
The Teletubbies and drains.

SpongeBob Lover
02-05-06, 22:47
blood

RedTyga
02-05-06, 23:03
As other people have mentioned, bugs creep me out. Not all of them, but, as again, others have mentioned, bugs that are big and/or have extremely long thin legs in comparison to their bodies. So spiders, daddy long legs, mosquitos, and mosquito eaters creep me out. When they enter my room and I see them, they will die. I will not sleep or leave the room for a view hours without killing them because ... I like to know where they are at all times and if I'm gonna be unconcious or leave my room for a few hours then they're gonna die since I can't keep an eye out for them. And I don't want them coming near me or touching me.

tombraider_roxs
02-05-06, 23:16
The lead singer of Aiden, or the whole band.. also their music frightens me.

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/904/aidenkerrangcover2lo8jd.jpg

www.aiden.org

Paperdoll
02-05-06, 23:16
Clowns, porcelain dolls, dark rooms and mirrors.

I can't walk around my house at night, I just freak out too much

RoseTyler
03-05-06, 00:13
Clowns, porcelain dolls, dark rooms and mirrors.

I can't walk around my house at night, I just freak out too much

LOL do you have lots of clowns, porcelain dolls and mirrors in your house then? :p

Paperdoll
03-05-06, 00:20
I have one small mirror one my room, round and I always turn it away so it won't face me when I'm in bed. No clowns or porcelain dolls, got rid of them :p

Belfastard
03-05-06, 00:29
No clowns or porcelain dolls, got rid of them :p

Aw. I sent those as presents Carla. :(

illuminati30
03-05-06, 01:01
pidgeons <shudder>

CerebralAssassin
03-05-06, 01:23
bats.I've experienced them first-hand.not fun at all:p

Belfastard
03-05-06, 01:26

Aw! Really? I like bats. :)

CerebralAssassin
03-05-06, 01:29
Aw! Really? I like bats. :)
trust me,you wont like 'em when you're in a dark cave with your flashlight just about to go out:p

Belfastard
03-05-06, 01:31
trust me,you wont like 'em when you're in a dark cave with your flashlight just about to go out:p

... do you like slugs? *shivers*

CerebralAssassin
03-05-06, 01:32
... do you like slugs? *shivers*
not really..why?:p

Paperdoll
03-05-06, 01:33

Aww they're cute :p in my grandma's house, there's sort of a wrecked cottage (in the bakcyeard) where she used to put straw or something and at night's there's lots of them, my brother almost got hit in the head by one once :p

Aw. I sent those as presents Carla. :(

My cousin's baby daughter was playing with the freakiest clown i've ever seen, that doll was pure evil. And the kid was all happy with in her hands... *shivers*

SMSL
03-05-06, 01:35
Just spiders. I also don't like to be completelly alone in the middle of a croud, nor in some place I'm not familiar with.

CerebralAssassin
03-05-06, 01:37
Aww they're cute :p in my grandma's house, there's sort of a wrecked cottage (in the bakcyeard) where she used to put straw or something and at night's there's lots of them, my brother almost got hit in the head by one once :p

My cousin's baby daughter was playing with the freakiest clown i've ever seen, that doll was pure evil. And the kid was all happy with in her hands... *shivers*
don't get me wrong they are cute...as long as you can see them and see what they're doing :p

Capt. Murphy
03-05-06, 01:41
This might not seem scary to most people... but whenever I hear something 'BUZZ' like a bee, wasp, er whatever... I always do an about face and head the other way. :vlol: One day I was out cutting these bushes and a humming bird flew by, I said; "Woah!" and did the usual about face and march -away. Then I realized what it was. I had to laugh about it. :D

Sometimes I see a spider or something that crawls around... you know. At first I'm like -> :eek: then next, I'm like... It's not even a big deal. :rolleyes:

RoseTyler
03-05-06, 02:01
This might not seem scary to most people... but whenever I hear something 'BUZZ' like a bee, wasp, er whatever... I always do an about face and head the other way. :vlol: One day I was out cutting these bushes and a humming bird flew by, I said; "Woah!" and did the usual about face and march -away. Then I realized what it was. I had to laugh about it. :D

Sometimes I see a spider or something that crawls around... you know. At first I'm like -> :eek: then next, I'm like... It's not even a big deal. :rolleyes:

LOL! :vlol:

Forwen
03-05-06, 02:05
GameSpot. Ohhh, that remorse. Don't ask why.

JACOBryanBURNS
03-05-06, 03:40
Something that is not in the least bit scary but will freak me out to no end is when someone touches the part of my arm that is where my elbow is but on the underside... like the bend in my arm. Omg I will TRIP out.

Spitfire
03-05-06, 03:56
little kids used in horror movies,
kids = innocence
kids in horror = whoa-WTF-is-up-with-that!

Shark_Blade
03-05-06, 05:52
My friends and I found a bat lying on the ground when we're younger. But it died soon and we buried it and make a gravestone for it too:eek:

*gravestone made out of wood:p

Lonely Istari
04-05-06, 04:18
http://kaweahoaks.com/html/cranefly_adult_onwall.jpg

Sorry about the big gap I could not type with it showing lol.

I freak out whenever I see these guys. Like literally turn in to a mental case. Tears. Screams. You name it.

EW! EW! EW! EW! ew ew ew ew ew ew ew!!

EW!!!

omg, SICKNESS. I think I aaaaaaaaaaaaaalmost hate mosquitos more than spiders!! I am soooo with you on this Lavinder!

CroftsKid
04-05-06, 04:21
AoD!!!!!!!!!!!:yik:even though i liek it! its still scary and a mess to TR history!

stereopathic
04-05-06, 07:45
little kids used in horror movies,
kids = innocence
kids in horror = whoa-WTF-is-up-with-that!
astute observation, spitfire. i couldn't agree more.