PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic Guitars...

Olvidarse
03-05-06, 06:07
I'm looking for a new instrument to play with this summer, and the acoustic guitar is right on my venue. Anyone have any brand suggestions? Any lesson book suggestions? I'm probably going to search for one for about $100 on eBay. Thanks. :D :wve:

FYI: I'm aware of the problems with eBay... I've ordered many instruments on eBay before, so it's no problem. ;)

Kamrusepas
03-05-06, 12:00
I have one, a Yamaha C-40. It's been decent enough for me, and wasn't that expensive :D :tmb:

CerebralAssassin
03-05-06, 12:44
Martin:tmb:

spence
03-05-06, 13:25
I hav an Ibanez Talman TCY20TRS.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/Spence1138/TCY20TRS_side.jpg

Widge
03-05-06, 22:11
I'm looking for a new instrument to play with this summer, and the acoustic guitar is right on my venue. Anyone have any brand suggestions? Any lesson book suggestions? I'm probably going to search for one for about $100 on eBay. Thanks. :D :wve:

FYI: I'm aware of the problems with eBay... I've ordered many instruments on eBay before, so it's no problem. ;)

Personally, I would never buy a musical instrument from Ebay. You should really try it out before buying. If you can check the neck isn't warped - hold the guitar body up to your eye and look across the body along the neck - it should be straight i.e. not warped. Check the action of the strings i.e. the height of the strings above the neck of the guitar, If they are high (say more than a few mm, you may find it hard to play, especially if you buy a steel string guitar (as opposed to a Spanish style nylon string one). If possible buy an acoustic guitar with a single piece of wood on the front of the body - preferably spruce or cedar (some guitars are made up of two pieces put together).

When learnig to play don't try to run before you can walk - I know it's boring but practice those scales and fingering techniques - it'll pay off in the end.

Hope this helps.:)

Olvidarse
03-05-06, 23:23
Thanks for all the suggestions, and thanks for the info, Widge. I'll keep all of these suggestions in mind. :)

Airave
04-05-06, 12:44
I hav an Ibanez Talman TCY20TRS.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/Spence1138/TCY20TRS_side.jpg

Nice looking Ax, Spence! Especially
for that price! Hmmmm..... Ack, my wife
would kill me (already have around 15 guitars).
None to be found is Germany anyways.