PDA

View Full Version : I had my braces tightened for the 4th time!

tombraider123
03-05-06, 20:12
Omg, they are hurting :hea:

Anyone else got fixed braces? They are a total bugger! Lol

TombRaiderLover
03-05-06, 20:12
You poor thing!!!!!

Luckily, I've never had braces.

tombraider123
03-05-06, 20:13
You poor thing!!!!!

Luckily, I've never had braces.

I should never accepted to having them! It's so anoying

Soma Holiday
03-05-06, 20:43
Ihad braces for 4 years!!!

I just got them off like 2 weeks ago...it's worth it, trust me...;)

xMiSsCrOfTx
03-05-06, 20:45
I had them for two years. The tightening never hurt me, though. None of it did.

tombraider123
03-05-06, 20:45
Ihad braces for 4 years!!!

I just got them off like 2 weeks ago...it's worth it, trust me...;)

I really hope so! :D

Jacob x5
03-05-06, 21:02

I'm on my fixed braces. They are my third brace. Before that I have had twin blocks, and before that a retainer. Before my braces I have had other treatment over the past few years.

There's always someone worse off than you. :ton:

Airave
03-05-06, 21:44
:hug: Hope the pain
goes away soon!

average stalker
03-05-06, 22:20
5-6 years ago i had braces. i hated getting them tightened because they would hurt so much that i couldn't chew my food. plus my orthodontist was a complete a-hole.

BoyTRaider
03-05-06, 22:25
Oh I think I need to wear it soon... I'm sure it will be a pain.
Sorry to hear about the pain dude. :(

Maureen Errant
03-05-06, 23:23
ouch...........don't have braces but I had a couple of wisdom teeth dringin me nuts.

Belfastard
03-05-06, 23:29

If you've only got them tightened for the forth time they're still pretty new? The first months in having them are a real *****. I used to cry after getting them tightened because I would try to eat and I would be in so much agony. The pain also felt like itching or something. I hated my braces. Had them for almost 3 years. Got them off in February. They are totally worth it though. I love my perfect teeth. I can never stop smiling! :D

ELEN
03-05-06, 23:45
I never had braces, but many friends of mine had and I know that it hurts. But be strong. You know you'll be ok soon :)

Belfastard, please don't bypass the censorship.

SlinkyRaider
03-05-06, 23:53
Hang in there! When do you get your braces off? :hug:

Lost Angel 21
03-05-06, 23:56
Mine don't have to be tightened. I have these ones called Damon and all you need to do is put in a new wire everyone like six weeks. I don't have to go to orthodontist as often as people with the other kind either. The wire runs through the brackets instead of the front;no rubber bands. Expensive, but worth it. I have to have them for two years, and the new wire is just like getting it tightened. Hurts like hell. I can't chew for about two weeks.

It'll be okay. It's not that bad.. Think of how perfect your teeth will be when they get off. That's what I look forward to.

meansizzler
04-05-06, 00:02
I had them for 2 years, never worked for me, they were a total nightmare, so much pain, like the metal wire was so sharp and would poke me in the skin, it hurt like hell when the wire catches to your skin, i'm talking about the excess wire on your end teeth, they never trim it down properly, anyway after 2 years had them taken out, was worthless if you ask me, still have crooked teeth...

Belfastard
04-05-06, 00:04
I had them for 2 years, never worked for me, they were a total nightmare, so much pain, like the metal wire was so sharp and would poke me in the skin, it hurt like hell when the wire catches to your skin, i'm talking about the excess wire on your end teeth, they never trim it down properly,

Yes. That also happened to me. I would always wake up with blood in my mouth.

tombraider123
04-05-06, 07:01
Well, i know the worst of it is over, the orthadontist said the first 6 months are the worst, he predicted i need them for about another year. I can't bite at the moment!

Zip
04-05-06, 07:30
Feel Better Soon