PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a fear of spiders?

tombraider123
03-05-06, 20:38
There is one massive one at the top of my stair's! I have to wait untill my dad comes home to get it, omg it might run into my room! :(

Anyone else afraid of spiders?

Titanium
03-05-06, 20:40
Im terrified of them :eek:

Laras Backpack
03-05-06, 20:41
Yep! Not the small ones (though they creap me out) but ones that are big or have abnormally long legs. They are horrible. :eek:

Voni
03-05-06, 20:42
Hate them hate them HATE THEM!

There was one in my room yesterday, I made my sister go in on killing duties and she yelled, 'Hang on, there's another one here!' Not really what I wanted to know.

*Shudders* VILE!

Paperdoll
03-05-06, 20:42
Not really, I once wanted to buy a tarantula but not enough money :p

Tomb Raider Master
03-05-06, 20:43
I'm not afraid of them, but disgusted. http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/SZM/Yuck.gif

_Mica_
03-05-06, 20:44
I hate spiders... Once I had one crawl up my arm and it made me cry. :p

tombraider123
03-05-06, 20:44
It's so wierd, how we are not afraid of Animals bigger than us, but we are afraid of something no bigger than our palm.

Voni
03-05-06, 20:45
It's so wierd, how we are not afraid of Animals bigger than us, but we are afraid of something no bigger than our palm.
It's true, there's no reason to be afraid, they aren't a danger to us but it's just their legs and the way they move and ugh! My skin's crawling just thinking about it.

lee32uk
03-05-06, 20:46
i wont pick them up unless there small ones.I think its all those legs and the fact that they move so quick that i dont like :D Anyway i never kill them as they are wonderful creatures and they keep the other bugs at bay

tombraider123
03-05-06, 20:48
i wont pick them up unless there small ones.I think its all those legs and the fact that they move so quick that i dont like :D Anyway i never kill them as they are wonderful creatures and they keep the other bugs at bay

Yes, i will never kill one, just because we are scared of something, does not mean it should be killed, I will simply wait for someone to get it out for me.

xMiSsCrOfTx
03-05-06, 20:49
Yes, I despise them!

MizzCroft007
03-05-06, 20:53
Yes, I'm even afraid to kill them. :vlol:

RoseTyler
03-05-06, 20:58
Yeah I'm very scared of big house spiders. My mum won't get rid of them coz she's mean :eek: And I won't kill them ....so I'm stuck with them, I have to pretend they're not there!

Capt. Murphy
03-05-06, 20:58
There's a show on Comedy Central... where that English/Brit guy has to meet challenges, but I can't think of the shows name, if he doesn't meet all the challenges he has to do something very disgusting at the end. Anyway, on one show he had to get like 4 (maybe more) of these BIG spiders... from the jungle... those kind of spiders. It was near the end of the show and the guy puts them all in a bath-tub in a bathroom. The spiders are secreting this silk at each other or something... The guy is starting to cough and his eyes are watering because of the chemicals these spiders are making. :eek: At some point he has a plastic container with 2 of the spiders in it. He holds it up to the camera and says; "Challenge meeEEEEEEEEEEET!" He was yelling because the 2 spiders that were in the container jumped/ran out! :yik: and so did they, him and the camera man that is. :whi:

:vlol: I can't say that I have ever laughed harder in my life. I was very nervous watching it and when those spiders got loose... You should've seen it. :pi: :D

Airave
03-05-06, 21:30
I am really a Big Bad Dude,
but spiders and needles
pwn me.:( My 2 phobias.

Reggie
03-05-06, 21:35
eugh - spiders, I've said this in about 2 or 3 threads now but for the record - I hate them >.<

Thorir
03-05-06, 21:56
Nope, not at all.

SpongeBob Lover
03-05-06, 22:54
no, im always the one that picks them up and places them outsied so my family wont squash them
if it wasnt for spiders there would be like double the bugs (flies, mosquitoes, roaches, ect.) flying around so be thankfull that spiders like to eat bugs, cause they're all a pest.

Kamrusepas
03-05-06, 22:54
I'm not afraid of them, I just don't like them.

CerebralAssassin
03-05-06, 22:58
spiders are cute:D

kate_
03-05-06, 23:10
Spiders and ghosts are the two things I fear most! I cant even kill the damn thing cuz I'm afraid it'll jump on my hand or something. I dont know, they just creep me out.

Maureen Errant
03-05-06, 23:11
no, im always the one that picks them up and places them outsied so my family wont squash them
if it wasnt for spiders there would be like double the bugs (flies, mosquitoes, roaches, ect.) flying around so be thankfull that spiders like to eat bugs, cause they're all a pest.

yes, yes,yes,
LOOOOOVE spiders.:)

viper456
03-05-06, 23:13
spiders

monkeys

the sea

spounge

anything that lives in the sea

seaguls

and the list goes on. Yep im strange, yep im a wimp :P lol

ILG49ers
04-05-06, 00:27
I'm not afraid of them, but I do hate them!

Angel666
04-05-06, 00:29
They are the incarnate of everything evil. And I am absolutely terrified of them. :yik:

Paperdoll
04-05-06, 00:34
This little fella showed up in my brother's old bedroom the other day so I made him my model XD and took a few pictures. They're a bit blurry, I couldn't get them any better.

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/9117/spider19qm.jpg

http://img450.imageshack.us/img450/9444/spider28dj.jpg

Cute :p

kate i
04-05-06, 00:37
I'm only afraid of them if they like swing or jump on me. Ugh man its so skeevy! It's usually the ones with odd colors and long legs that I'm afraid of them, seeing that those are the um poisonous ones.

UNDERTAKER
04-05-06, 00:38
I hate spiders. I am a true arachnophobe! They scare me so much!

SMSL
04-05-06, 03:00
Aracnophobe here. And don't say they're harmless, some aren't, a friend amine once went to the hospital with fever over a spider's bite. But i don't fear them because they can harm me, I fear them, period. It's irracional.

oocladableeblah
04-05-06, 03:41
i hate them except the ones that are super tiny

egyptiangal
04-05-06, 04:08
oh my good ness...there is a FREAKY scary ugly big spider in my room right now and i wanted my dad to kill it and he so he took MY shirt to hit it!! MY SHIRT! i was so mad and the damn thing didnt even die!! its still in my room somewhere... i am NOT sleeping in there tonight.
i hate spiders.

Lonely Istari
04-05-06, 04:12
^ yep... it was freaking hideous guys... let me tell you.

YUCK.

I hate spiders too.

Suzan
04-05-06, 06:55
i find all bugs etc disgusting, especially spiders, but im no AFRAID of them nor do i hate them. im just disgusted by their looks :P

Janny
04-05-06, 07:25
Sadly, I have a huge spider phobia. I can't even look at one without not feeling my skin crawl or wanting to scream.

saray
05-05-06, 18:05
i am seriously scared of them,. even the tiny ones :(

scion05
05-05-06, 18:08
their the only animal i would care for if
they all got extinct... :p

Anubis_AF
05-05-06, 18:41
I find them cute. And there are some species that are truly beautiful.
Such as Nephila:
http://www.bushveld.co.za/pictures-insects/golden-orb-web-spider4.jpg

Greenkey2
05-05-06, 18:45
Spiders are amazing creatures; endowed with fantasic abilities and strategies for survival. They eat flies too :D

Just don't ask me to get cuddly with one. I'm quite happy to appreciate them from a distance ;)

TombRaiderLover
05-05-06, 18:47
I don't mind picking up the tiny, normally coloured ones. But any other ones . . . . ugh!!!

ChocChipCookie
05-05-06, 18:55
Spiders and me don't get on. Out of all the rooms in my house, they always seem to inhabit my bedroom for some reason. I get the distinct impression they're out to get me :pi:

rachkitten
05-05-06, 19:10
I hate them (especcially the big onse) but I dont kill them ;)

laracroft2122
05-05-06, 19:15
yep

Angel_14
05-05-06, 19:19
There are some spiders what I hate. Especially those, who have little body and very very long legs! :eek: but I find the black widow quite cute :D

conorcroft2001
05-05-06, 19:50
I love spiders!

Dead cool!

Useful also - kills all the pests!!

SPIDERS RULE LOL!

Conor

Paul H
05-05-06, 20:41

Thatís true. This time last year I was quite happy to stroke some Giraffes at a safari park but I would never touch a spider.

benholland1991
05-05-06, 20:47
the only spider i am scared of are the big house spiders, im such a wimp when it comes to them, has anyone been watchin Tv and suddenly one runs accross the carpet, god i hate it when that happens

TRLore
05-05-06, 21:13
Big time... but is more a disgust than fear.. I fear the ones that jump and bite... yuk...

raiderfun
05-05-06, 21:17
the that let scared , is the webbing , I DON'T like to touch them ! :(
How much cost a tarantula ?

raiderfun
05-05-06, 21:18
TR3 last boss ! :vlol:

Sofitegan
05-05-06, 21:28
Beautiful creatures...

tombraiderluka
05-05-06, 21:30
I'm really afraid of spiders,I hate them!!!

raiderfun
05-05-06, 21:33
u are all chickens little ! :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

tha_mattster
05-05-06, 23:35
there is a spider on the wall beside me! It makes me feel sick. :(

Im glad I dont live in a tropical country, they have to deal with all sorts of nasties.

thaiexodus
06-05-06, 02:36
I used to work at a nature center and give this lecture on occasion.

First, you originally did not hate/fear/loath spiders. Someone trained you to react that way.
I would take a jumping spider, salticidae, and place it on a baby's hand where it would wander aimlessly. The infant, yet untrained to an irrational fear, would simply play with the spider.

I would then take the group out into the parking lot and ask why they weren't freaking out, squirming, squealing etc. "Look at all those cars! Why aren't you reacting the same way as you reacted to spiders?"
* For every significant spider bite that makes a person sick, there are over 1 MILLION vehicle accidents with injury. For every death by a spider bite, there are more people killed by vehicles in any given 5 minute period than all spider bite deaths.

The big question is, do you like being told how to think and react to your environment by someone who has an irrational fear? Each and every person who reacts adversely to spiders is doing just that.

When I moved into this house I noticed we had brown recluse spiders. (Loxosceles). I went out into the fields nearby and spread out a blanket. Soon I had collected several dozen jumping spiders on the blanket. I took them back to my house and turned them loose. Within a few weeks, all the recluse spiders fell victim to my jumping spiders, which are, of course, like 99.999% of all spiders, completely harmless to people.
In the ceiling of my house I carefully maintain several thousand phillipid spiders. They make a flat cobweb, have very long legs and tiny bodies. I try to coerce them into making their webs near the lights. In the tropics, it is a bugfest. My ceilings, a massive killing zone for the evening intruders, including the malaria carrying mosquitos.

My suggestion would be, learn about arachnids, learn the truth, and you will learn to love them. Only the truth stands between you and loosing that irrational fear. With all the neat things to be terrified about in this world, why bother getting stuck with the ridiculous?

PS I'm recovering from my ffith significant bite, from a spider, as I type this. After handling spiders and other creatures for over 40 years, I have been bitten twice by spiders, once by a rattlesnake, once by a cat, and once by a human. The human bite was the worst, causing a staph infection, the cat was next, giving me a pastuerella multiceda infection. Then the rattlesnake and the least serious, the black widow (latrodectus) bite. Following spider fear logic, I should nearly toss my cookies every time I see a human, be revolted by cats, think pain upon seeing snakes, and rather blase about spiders, right?

thaiexodus
06-05-06, 03:18
I find them cute. And there are some species that are truly beautiful.
Such as Nephila:
http://www.bushveld.co.za/pictures-insects/golden-orb-web-spider4.jpg

Lovely orb weaver you got there. We have a version of those kids, nephies, in Thailand and Malasia that get up to about a 10 inch leg span. One thing I find amazing about these in particular is they are so adept at moving about and manipulating their web. Yet take them out of their web and put them on the ground, they can barely move!

BoyTRaider
06-05-06, 03:20
The poisonous ones... Yes. :p

thaiexodus
06-05-06, 03:58
The poisonous ones... Yes. :p
All spiders have venom. One species doesn't have fangs that can deliver it. It's the hug factor that counts. Most spiders insist on hugging what they bite, and people simply aren't huggable enough most of the time. ;)

Shark_Blade
06-05-06, 09:22
There are some spiders what I hate. Especially those, who have little body and very very long legs! :eek: but I find the black widow quite cute :D
Cute but deadly

Mona Sax
06-05-06, 09:26
I'm terrified of them.