PDA

View Full Version : Battle Royale - film

viper456
03-05-06, 23:11
omg omg omg has anyone seen this film?? its all in japanese/chinese (not sure which) BUT i swear to god it was amaaaaaaaazing. Brutal but so good!

i wont go into detail because this is an all age forum :rolleyes: lol but yeah has anyone seen it? what did you think? and have you seen the sequal? i havnt yet but its not ment to be as good :( lol

meansizzler
03-05-06, 23:12
I have seen Both, Paperdoll has to, she's crazy about BR....

viper456
03-05-06, 23:13
I have seen Both, Paperdoll has to, she's crazy about BR....

oooh kool! :D it aws strange how i actually sat and read the whole thing! it kept me hooked! lol

Thorir
03-05-06, 23:14
It's Japanese...

Yes, it's quite good. :) I've had the DVD for a few years.
I really like the concept!

But unfortunately, the sequel sucks... The story is rubbish and has absolutely no logic.

L.C
03-05-06, 23:16
Ooh yeah, this is quite a film! Lucky to have caught it on tv a couple weeks ago. Always a treat to be provoked into thought as this film does. Glad there are others who also appreciate it

meansizzler
03-05-06, 23:50
But unfortunately, the sequel sucks... The story is rubbish and has absolutely no logic.

YOu didn't like the whole "Medal of honour" thing, that was great, but certainly not as good as the first film..

SlinkyRaider
04-05-06, 00:05
I've never seen that film, is it good in your opinions?

Catlantean
04-05-06, 00:07
I've read the Manga. I can only imagine what a brutal gore fest the movie would be...*adds it to must-see list*

viper456
04-05-06, 00:07
I've never seen that film, is it good in your opinions?

i loved it! but its basically just people running about killing themselves lol! so if thats your sort of film then you MUST SEE IT :) the story is quite clever in the first one too, dunno about the second

Paperdoll
04-05-06, 00:17
It's not just people running around killing each other, it's the portrait of a decaying society where young teenagers become such a menace to adults that they create something to keep them in order: Battle Royale. It's good to see the students relationships, it makes you sympathyze with the characters, you feel sorry for each and one of them when they're killed, you can almost yell at the screen "NOOO!!! DON'T DIE!". And the opening scene with the little girl holding on to a teddy bear (:confused: ) ´with a sadistic smile on her face. It's an awesome movie. I've been dying to read the novel in which it was based on and even got to the point of drawing fanart of Noriko and Mitsuko XD so I can say that i'm a bit obsessed with BR :p

I couldn't sleep XD

Natla'd
04-05-06, 10:29
I've seen the first film, and I'm up to book 6 in the manga. I enjoyed the film, but prefer the manga far more - you get more of an insight into each character, and it just seems more tragic to me. It's a truly terrifying concept - I've had a couple of nightmares about being trapped in The Game. x.x

My dad thinks it's a pointless story, there simply so they can write about violence, which is rich coming from a man who's obsessed with the war. _

Voni
04-05-06, 11:04
Battle Royale is excellent! I've seen the movie and read the book, the plot's got shifted around slightly but otherwise the film's quite faithful to the source material. It's very tragic, though.

The sequel is dire though. Avoid!

Shark_Blade
04-05-06, 12:07
I must watch it!!!:eek:
*Rush to call friends on phone