PDA

View Full Version : Watched Saving Private Ryan in school today.

TrojanMan
05-05-06, 00:14
I've never watched it before, so I was all like O_O quite often.

Lost_Raider
05-05-06, 00:15
Waaa....???

Yeah, that movie was bloody...but good too...

TrojanMan
05-05-06, 00:44
Yeah, it was good.

DREWY
05-05-06, 00:52
Strange choice for a school? Classic movie, very graphic. Loses its way a little towards the end maybe?

Lost_Raider
05-05-06, 00:53
Not when that Kraut put a knife in that GI's heart near the end...nor the miss fired stick bomb...

average stalker
05-05-06, 01:51
Strange choice for a school? Classic movie, very graphic. Loses its way a little towards the end maybe?

i watched Seven in school. great movie

Lost_Raider
05-05-06, 01:57
I watched Schindler's List when I was in grade nine...and the teacher went against the regulation and didn't let parents sign a release form...

xMiSsCrOfTx
05-05-06, 02:36
We watched some of Saving Private Ryan in school, it's a pretty good movie.

DREWY
05-05-06, 02:52

Seven! What subject were you doing. Introduction to serial killers 101 or something?

Night Crawler
05-05-06, 02:52
I think we only had one movie in our school lol, I only ever remember watching Men in Black...about 20 times.

gazhammer
05-05-06, 07:14
Hope you werent watching, Shaving Ryans Privates, by mistake?:confused: ...:D

in these arms
05-05-06, 07:17
I have tht on video. Its a brilliant film from the past. Starring Tom Hanks.

Jebus
05-05-06, 09:46
that is a really good film, if you liked that, you should watch band of brothers, directed by Tom Hanks and Steven Speilberg

average stalker
05-05-06, 12:31
Seven! What subject were you doing. Introduction to serial killers 101 or something?

haha no, i went to a catholic high school and we watched it in my morality class.

Swaye
05-05-06, 12:41
that is a really good film, if you liked that, you should watch band of brothers, directed by Tom Hanks and Steven Speilberg

Saving Private Ryan is a great movie, and I also recommend Band of Brothers :tmb: I remember watching Romeo + Juliet, or what it's called, at school a year ago.

jackles
05-05-06, 17:40
I think both Schindlers List and Saving Private Ryan are shown in schools these days to raise questions of morality and to give children a sense of what happened.

and my oh was an extra in Band of brothers....milling around in uniform! ;o)

Greenkey2
05-05-06, 17:49
Good grief :eek: And I thought my school was a bit risque showing Titanic in 1998 :whi:

saray
05-05-06, 18:00
Hope you werent watching, Shaving Ryans Privates, by mistake?:confused: ...:D

LMFAO :vlol:

Elysia
05-05-06, 18:19
My Head of Department shows Seven (he teaches the Bone Collector as the Media section of the GCSE... I teach James Bond ;) )... he got round it by saying he 'didn't realise it was an 18'!!!

Very naughty man, my HoD...

There again, the Head of Media teaches Rita, Sue and Bob, too... (*shudders*. Nasty film!)

We can basically get away with showing what we like in class, as long as it can be tied to what we are teaching. I've shown Titanic, Clueless (it's based on Jane Austen's Emma), the X Files (looking at how diegetic and non diegetic sound increases tension in filmmaking), Dr. No, Die Another Day, Kenneth Brannagh's Frankenstein, clips of Interview With the Vampire... I am cutrrently working out a way I can teach Pink Floyd's The Wall (not so much the film... I want to use the album in some way, though. Managed to work music by Fantomas in to my lessons earlier on this year, though... :D )

ChocChipCookie
05-05-06, 18:20
Saving Private Ryan is one of my favourite films :tmb:

The only films I can remember seeing at school were Romeo & Juliet (the old version with Olivia Hussey) and On the Waterfront! But this was a long time ago as I am an old gal :p

Angel666
05-05-06, 20:16
Saving Privat Ryan was great. We didn't watch it in school though. We watched Romeo + Juliet in English and it sucks. He should have been Juliet. lol