PDA

View Full Version : Challenge for clever Tomb Raider fans!

tha_mattster
06-05-06, 22:44
I have played TR2 and TRL, but none others :(

So please summerise the plot of every tomb raider game! Just a sentance or two for each will do if you can be that concise :D

Nicky
06-05-06, 22:47
Of every Tomb Raider game? This isn't about Legend then :p

Moved to General Chat :)

Rivendell
06-05-06, 22:55
Tr1: Lara hired by Natla to find the Scion, artifact from Atlantis . Natla used to be a ruler there. Gets Scion, Natla tries to re-breed Atlanteans, Lara kills her.

Tr2: Lara searches for the Dagger of Xian, marco bartoli gets it, turns into a dragon, Lara kills him.

tr3: Lara searches for 4 shards from a meteorite, then faces off against a man who'd use them to become uber-powerful and spiderlike.

Tr4: Lara unleashes the Egyptian God of Evil - Set- and must also summon his nemesis - Horus- by means of the armor of Horus. Von Croy shows up alot, Lara is buried alive at the end.

Tr5: 4 missions: Rome philosophers stone, russia- spear of destiny, black isle - something , towerblock - Iris. Von croy discovers Lara's backpack.

Tr6: Lara is framed for Von Croys murder, has to stop a cult bent on resurrecting the last of the Nephilim to become immortal rulers on Earth.

Tr7: Lara hunts for Excalibur and the reason her mother vanished.

Phew :)

tha_mattster
06-05-06, 23:41
Tr1: Lara hired by Natla to find the Scion, artifact from Atlantis . Natla used to be a ruler there. Gets Scion, Natla tries to re-breed Atlanteans, Lara kills her.

How is this Natla still alive? Why didnt lara let her populate atlantis?

Tr2: Lara searches for the Dagger of Xian, marco bartoli gets it, turns into a dragon, Lara kills him.

im noticing a pattern here lol

tr3: Lara searches for 4 shards from a meteorite, then faces off against a man who'd use them to become uber-powerful and spiderlike.

sounds like TRL

Tr4: Lara unleashes the Egyptian God of Evil - Set- and must also summon his nemesis - Horus- by means of the armor of Horus. Von Croy shows up alot, Lara is buried alive at the end.

why did lara unleash him? who is von croy? how did lara survive?

Tr5: 4 missions: Rome philosophers stone, russia- spear of destiny, black isle - something , towerblock - Iris. Von croy discovers Lara's backpack.

was there no story here? what do u mean 'discovered' her backpack?

Tr6: Lara is framed for Von Croys murder, has to stop a cult bent on resurrecting the last of the Nephilim to become immortal rulers on Earth.

what a nephilim?

Tr7: Lara hunts for Excalibur and the reason her mother vanished.

yes I hlped her do this, it was boring lol

Phew :)

THANKS! that was so helpful, now you have accepted my challenge you must complete part 2, answer my queries, the ones in red,

LegenDarY
07-05-06, 00:06
Answers to your questions:

TR1: Natla tries to rule the world if i'm not mistaking, that's why Lara kills her, cause Natla is an Evil ex-Atlantean ruler

TR2: -

TR3: -

TR4: i think she was looking for an artefact, and she unleashed Seth by accident. Werner Von Croy is/was Lara's mentor when she was a kid, he helped her train to become a tomb raider. The survival part is still a mystery, rumor has it she was was resqued by an african tribe..

TR5: each artefact had a story behind it (the level is the story). Werner Von Croy had a team digging in Egypte for Lara, eventually they found her backpack, but no Lara.. so they think she's alive..

TR6: Nephilim's are fallen Angels, they are half human, half angel.

TR7: -

tha_mattster
07-05-06, 06:00
cheers!

but if natla is alive, why are all the other atlanteans kaputt x.x?

in these arms
07-05-06, 07:16
there are better set explanations in my PS2 mag.

I cant find it ATM.

Rivendell
07-05-06, 15:31
cheers!

but if natla is alive, why are all the other atlanteans kaputt x.x?

There were 3 rulers of Atlantis:

Tihocan
Qualopec
Natla.

Natla tried to use the "scion" to breed a "super race" of powerful Atlanteans, Qualopec and Tihocan thought she was playing God, so they sealed her in a cryogenic freezing device, locking her in an AmAzingly cool vault. Hence, she's really safe.
Then they split up the Scion, one bit went with Tihocan to a place that eventually became his tomb. Ditto for Qualopec, and the third place was hidden deep inside a temple in Egypt.
The other two rulers of Atlantis died of age I imagine, while Natla remained safely inside her chamber.
httphttp://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/cgi-bin/dl02/dl.pl?mv_tombraider_fmv_prison
(I think it's the right clip, I'm just going off the name of it)

Right at the start of TR1 theres an explosion in a desert, and Natla's chamber opens up. - http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/cgi-bin/dl02/dl.pl?mv_tombraider_fmv_cafe

tha_mattster
07-05-06, 15:37
What caused the explosion?! Im frightened of her already. I also saw a picture of her and she was in the form of a human, is this her true form? Does she have hidden tentacles.

Rivendell
07-05-06, 15:53
I don't think we find out what caused the explosion you know!

Natla is brilliant ;) I think her true form is that which is in the chamber, I think she's human, but I'm not sure if what she's wearing are clothes or if that's her body in the clip.

Her final form is Human, with Big Demonic red Wings, and a bio/gun arm.

Credit to Dr.Robotnik:
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/787/flyingnatla7rj.jpg

EDIT: There's loads of pics for your delight in http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=54109

:)

Lara Croft!
07-05-06, 15:57
I'd tell u,but Rivendell is so good at it,i'm waiting for him to do it!!!!

Corpsegrinder
07-05-06, 18:49
So, what should this Natla Crates at the End of Tomb Raider Legend show us?
Natla and her firm don't exist anymore, where did theese crates come from? natla is still alive?

Since TR 1 is my favorite episode, i'd welcome Natla back to the party.

And Amanda somehow remids me of Natla...

Timy226
07-05-06, 18:56
As TRL is a brand new start to TR, those boxes are most probably Easter Eggs, however there is a theory maybe Amanda works for her, but i doubt it.