PDA

View Full Version : Can we clear something up?

Jake Croft
06-05-06, 23:01
Ok this sounds weird kinda...
Anyway after doing recent research [Yes i can do it]
I was wondering...
Some pieces of writing and game FMV's make Lara look as if she died
But yet she's alive in Legend so i was wondering
If tomb raider 1 was her recent last days
And she really did die in Chronicles and in legend and aod
They were her old days before she went like she was
Iunno i might be wrong but to me i think she may be dead
No solid proof just from research what i think
^^ Sorry for it being so long winded

Rivendell
06-05-06, 23:05
I don't understand what you're trying to say.. Are you saying that Lara was always dead?

Geck-o-Lizard
06-05-06, 23:09
In Chronicles, she wasn't dead - she was just missing, presumed dead. I haven't completed TR1 so I can't comment on that. I've often thought that TR4 was meant to be the last TR, so they killed her off, but then decided to keep going with it and had to rescue her. AoD happened after all this, remember.

It's all a bit dodgy to me, anyway. :p

Jacob x5
06-05-06, 23:16
The games are not in chronological order, if that helps. :wve:

Jake Croft
06-05-06, 23:20
Thats what i mean
It makes little hints that shes dead
But you know is she or not
Its always been something ive wondered

mau3genius
06-05-06, 23:34
She's not. She never was.
Just trapped in Egyptian Tombs. But, then in AoD she came out thanks to an African tribe.

Jacob x5
07-05-06, 00:01
In AOD she complains to Von Croy that he left her in Egypt. Von Croy was the one spending all his time looking for her!

Shark_Blade
07-05-06, 02:11
Yeah.
Back when Lara was young, she leaves VonCroy in Cambodia when the temple is coming down. You don't get VonCroy to blab something like:
"Cambodia Lara, you walk away and left me"
lmao:vlol:

Zip
07-05-06, 09:32
Yeah.
Back when Lara was young, she leaves VonCroy in Cambodia when the temple is coming down. You don't get VonCroy to blab something like:

Who wouldn't

Janny
07-05-06, 09:41
I think they actualy wanted Lara dead in TR4, to stop making the series before Lara's dignity was forever destroyed (in case some other company had any ideas to buy Tomb Raider and turn Lara into some kind of killer instead of archeologist).

Rivendell
07-05-06, 13:17
It's strange, I feel the same way too sometimes Janny. If it had been R.I.P Lara after The Last Revelation, then I'd live happy that not once did I experience a "non TR" feeling in a "Tr" game.

Of course, I'm glad the series continued though.

Lara Croft!
07-05-06, 14:34
Yeah.
LMAO indeed!!!!THAT'S A GOOD ONE!!!!!! :vlol: :vlol:

I don't know where the confusion occurs so that some assume Lara is or could be dead......:confused: :confused: :confused:

T-Raider
07-05-06, 14:42
If they arnt in chronological order then what is the order ???? * confused*

Lara Croft!
07-05-06, 15:34
If they arnt in chronological order then what is the order ???? * confused*
I think they mean the flashbacks of each game (young Lara) or (adult Lara in Legend with the old costume).Other than that,they are chronologically correct...I think..... :confused: :mad: :D

keebz
07-05-06, 15:53
lara isn't dead, because the trlegend story isn't related to tr 2-6. they never happened. she never got trapped in egypt. she never died. she never became a killer on the loose. she never became the 'angel of darkness'.
the legend story is a fresh start.:)

Lara Croft!
07-05-06, 16:17
lara isn't dead, because the trlegend story isn't related to tr 2-6. they never happened. she never got trapped in egypt. she never died. she never became a killer on the loose. she never became the 'angel of darkness'.
the legend story is a fresh start.:)

I disagree....What about the Lara's past level?Where she wore the classic costume?It would be stupid to make a new Lara's life!

Rivendell
07-05-06, 16:23
CD have kind of scrapped up Lara's old life.. judging by their new bio of her, we get the idea that all her old tales were 'fabricated' by the press, and she never went to Atlantis, Area 51, found dinosaurs, etc..

Lara Croft!
07-05-06, 17:02
CD have kind of scrapped up Lara's old life.. judging by their new bio of her, we get the idea that all her old tales were 'fabricated' by the press, and she never went to Atlantis, Area 51, found dinosaurs, etc..

Well that sucks!!!!We were all playing press fabrications then???? :mad:

rachkitten
07-05-06, 17:26
I've always wondered this... :confused:

Rivendell
07-05-06, 17:26
Uh huh, according to the bio they were "trashy tales made up by the press". But I'm sure we'll always like these old fabrications, they were good for us even if they weren't for the bio writers!

stereopathic
07-05-06, 17:54
here is a timeline i lifted from another thread. anyone know for sure where legend fits in?

TLR - The Cambodia levels.
TRC - The Black Isle.
TRC - Rome.
TR1 + Unfinished Business.
TR2 + The Golden Mask.
TRC - Russian Base.
TRC - Tower Block.
TR3 + The Lost Artefact.
TR4 - Time's Level
TLR - Egypt.

Rivendell
07-05-06, 18:08
There's lots of talk that TRL fits in between Tr1 and Tr2: but as Cd scrapped her life, it likely doesn't fit in at all.

Plus AoD goes after Egypt in that timeline!