PDA

View Full Version : Are your Private Messages private?

tlr online
07-05-06, 14:02
Greetings folks.

It has come to our attention that a few of our ex-members are continuing their vindictive and deceitful tirade by suggesting that your Private Messages are not private at all, and that we – as administrators – have access to your mailbox.

We are not able to log in and read your Private Messages. If a complaint is made to us, we can investigate, but we do not have access to read your passwords.

Please don’t take our word for it. Head on over to www.vbulletin.com (the makers of our software) and confirm my words with them.

I hope that puts an end to the issue.

Lew
07-05-06, 14:03
Hm I've always wondered this, thanks :tmb:

Janny
07-05-06, 14:03
Really? I always belived that the admins could read PMs, my bad :o Thanks for ther info, I feel much better now :)

Lara Lover
07-05-06, 14:04
Really? Oh, Cool. I though you or Elen read our PM's! Nevermind ;)

ELEN
07-05-06, 14:09
Jesus! LOL! You definitely have to contact vBulletin. This software is more than secure.

xMiSsCrOfTx
07-05-06, 14:10
Thanks for clearing things up :wve:

Anubis_AF
07-05-06, 14:13
That should shut them :rolleyes:

BlackGrey
07-05-06, 14:14
Oh goodie, so like if we saying bad about you behind your backs you can't see :D Just kidding, well it makes me feel a lot safer when discussing private matters via PM :p Thanks tlr :tmb:

Lew
07-05-06, 14:15
Do mods, have a private thread/forum for talking?

Angel_14
07-05-06, 14:16
phew... I was paranoid... :whi: Thanks, for this... :)

tlr online
07-05-06, 14:19
A final word of advice. Take it or leave it.

Please don't base your opinions solely on the twittering of bitter folk. If you are unsure about something, drop us a PM and air your woes. We're here for one reason, and that's you folk.

If some thing's on your mind, talk to us (or each other) about it. But please take the time to listen to all parties before jumping to the wrong conclusion, more often than not based on misinformation.

:wve:

Lara Croft!
07-05-06, 14:23
Oh goodie, so like if we saying bad about you behind your backs you can't see :D Just kidding,
HAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!Good one!!!!!!:D :D :D

JasonDavies15
07-05-06, 14:37
I'll take your word for it. Thanks for letting us know! :)

tha_mattster
07-05-06, 15:08
I wish you could read my PMs, they are witty, life affirming - a tour de force!

...well not really, its just me asking people about their avatars! And people asking me about screenshots :D And there is nothing life affirming about it! In fact I feel very depressed after glancing at them... falls out window x.o

SlinkyRaider
07-05-06, 15:09
I don't really use PM, unless I want an avatar resized, or something similar to that. :p

only Croft
07-05-06, 15:10
It's good to now that where safe :D , anyway I wood trust the Mod and Admin Team no metter what because the provide us these great forums. Thanks :hug:

Jacob x5
07-05-06, 16:39
Do mods, have a private thread/forum for talking?

I would imagine it's not really just for 'talking'. The General Chat thread is for that.

Thanks for the info, tlr. :wve:

Lew
07-05-06, 16:41
What if they want some privacy?

Reggie
07-05-06, 16:47
It's a shame that things have gotten to this (in concerns to rumours), anyway, thanks for reassuring everyone tlr, you're only doing your job here after all :)

Lenochka
07-05-06, 17:45
I seem to remember someone from another TR site ( you know who i mean ) telling me that you guys read our PMs. Wasnt sure if it was true. Thanks for confirming it isnt true Tlr

stereopathic
07-05-06, 17:49
well, if i had any PM's to read, i would feel much better. :)

MiCkiZ88
07-05-06, 17:51
I never though that that even adminds, mods couldn't read my pm's.. I feel better now.. phew...

wonderboy
07-05-06, 17:52
hmmm i never thought for a second that they could read them, if they did, and the saw all the horrible things i've said about the colour purple... well i would have been banned for years.

Thorn
07-05-06, 18:02
*Sighs in relief* :yah: :p

RoseTyler
07-05-06, 18:10
My god ...some people :rolleyes:

Lavinder
07-05-06, 18:21
I always thought you could because of all the warnings of not even trying to send illegal stuff in PM's either, glad that this has been confirmed :)

Some of the things I sent to my friend is rather embarrassing and would not want prying eyes looking at them :p

YvesSL
07-05-06, 18:28
So you have no idea my password really is larareallysucks ?

Pipolinne
07-05-06, 18:32
Lol,I remember I had this same doubt some months ago( I even post a thread about it :D),but then things got cleared up,and,as far it concerns me, all my doubts were answered back then .

But paranoia is always a beautiful way of causing chaos...not that creative,though.