PDA

View Full Version : New Ace Combat is out.

Catapharact
07-05-06, 20:29
"Did you know that there are three kinds of Aces: Those who seek strength, those who live for pride, and those who can move the tide of battle."

Oh I loved this game series since day 1. When it comes to fancy flying and cool display of dogfighting skills, nothing but the real thing beats Ace Combat. I already played "The Unsung War" and it was phenominal so obviously I am looking forward to playing this one.

Ace Combat Zero: The The Belken War, promises many modifications over TUW. Further more it will have a worldwide Ace ranking system (My foot is itching to kick some rookie butt Lol!)

Click on the link and see the two trailers for the game. You won't be disappointed.

*Grabs his flight suit and Aviator Sunglasses.*

See ya in the skies soon ;).

http://acecombatzero.namco.com/

BlackGrey
07-05-06, 20:30
I've played this game and it is incredibly hard to control, but i loved every minute of dog fighting with the enemy :jmp: Gonna go out tommororw and buy the next game, thanks Catapharact!

Zip
07-05-06, 20:41
I love this game

Runs off to shop to get it

Catapharact
07-05-06, 20:54
Well if you have online connection; Hope to see ya on the Ace list soon ;). Well either that or watch your six out for me :mis:.

Callsign: Solowing.

ILG49ers
08-05-06, 01:36
I've played it recently. It's not really that much different than Ace Combat 5, but I still had a good time playing it.

BoyTRaider
08-05-06, 02:31
Looks awesome! :D

Wolfguard
08-05-06, 07:39
I'm really happy with it, though Ace Combat 4 remains my favorite flight sim thus far.

Catapharact
08-05-06, 17:59
Ace Combat Series is not a Flight Sim :). Flight Simulators give you the exact range of aerodynamics and real life stress forces the act upon a plane. Further more, they also give you "Blackout" G-ranges (pulling high speed manuvers can lead to backouts.)

That's the tragedy behind the AC series. Everyone just thinks its another Flight Sim. Its not that at all people. Ace Combat could be compared to the likes of Crimson skies but only with real life planes.

And for our female Aces of the future, Ace Combat 5: "The Unsung War" has a female pilot character to play as. Beautiful isn't she? ;) Lol!

http://www.ultimagame.com/play_station_2/foto_f60209.jpg

Wolfguard
08-05-06, 18:30
Ace Combat Series is not a Flight Sim :). Flight Simulators give you the exact range of aerodynamics and real life stress forces the act upon a plane. Further more, they also give you "Blackout" G-ranges (pulling high speed manuvers can lead to backouts.)

That's the tragedy behind the AC series. Everyone just thinks its another Flight Sim. Its not that at all people. Ace Combat could be compared to the likes of Crimson skies but only with real life planes.
Lol - flight sim = simulated flying doesn't it? While I agree that it's a cut above the rest of the games out there in presentation, music, and story, if it isn't a flight sim to some degree (especially when considering the free flight/non-combat option,) then what is the correct description? How should I classify it in regards to games marketed under:

Action Adventure
Fighting Games
Role-Playing
Sports
Platformers
Simulation

Catapharact
08-05-06, 18:40
I would classify it under a new categorywhich I refer to as "shooter scooters." Translation; Kicking a lot of ass with a not so realistic weapon platform ;). Yes there is the optional relistic physics sim, but I am probably the only one in my clan who actually plays it under that Lol. I guess people don't like realistic experiences.... Meh.